Dallas Nursing Institute

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 192)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks so much for the comments from you guys on this site.. I've been looking around for info on DNI.. Does anyone know about the admission process? And has anyone taken the HESI Math part of the exam? I would like to know how hard the math is... And because I'm without a job now and receiving UI money does anyone know if I'm going to be required to pay anything per month for this school? I have a appointment next week to meet with a rep... I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing with my time and money.

I took the hesi just last month June 2010 and passed both sections for the lvn program...the math is not that hard and i haven't been in school since '06 and had forgotten how to do everything...so if i can do it you can too. I did not go thru with the school though because they didn't really give me all my options on how i was going to pay for school and also had me sign my contract before i even knew how much i was going to pay...I got the most you can get from financial aid which is now 5500..and which does not cover everything so you would have to end up borrowing 19,000 in loans NOT INCLUDING INTEREST. I saw that and was like uh...no. I am now going thru the texas workforce so they can pay for the whole tuition for when it starts Aug 9th. Hope i answered some questions you might've had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

PJ in Dallas, Texas said: I took the hesi just last month June 2010 and passed both sections for the lvn program...the math is not that hard and i haven't been in school since '06 and had forgotten how to do everything...so if i can do it you can too. I did not go thru with the school though because they didn't really give me all my options on how i was going to pay for school and also had me sign my contract before i even knew how much i was going to pay...I got the most you can get from financial aid which is now 5500..and which does not cover everything so you would have to end up borrowing 19,000 in loans NOT INCLUDING INTEREST. I saw that and was like uh...no. I am now going thru the texas workforce so they can pay for the whole tuition for when it starts Aug 9th. Hope i answered some questions you might've had.

How do you get money through the texas workforce for DNI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Dallas, Texas said: How do you get money through the texas workforce for DNI?

i was told by our workforce that they do not help if u go to DNI because the school is so expensive. They will only pay if you go to a public college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas

52 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: i was told by our workforce that they do not help if u go to DNI because the school is so expensive. They will only pay if you go to a public college.

Woww really? That's a big loan! You know how long they give you to pay it back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas said: Woww really? That's a big loan! You know how long they give you to pay it back?

I honestly dont know, i know a loan i have now gives me a break down of the monthly payments over a ten year period but thats it. Have you already gotten in or just looking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas

52 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: I honestly dont know, i know a loan i have now gives me a break down of the monthly payments over a ten year period but thats it. Have you already gotten in or just looking?

I'm just looking but I really want to get my lvn license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas said: I'm just looking but I really want to get my lvn license

goodluck with everything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas

52 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: goodluck with everything!

Thanks, do you like the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Mesquite, Texas said: Thanks, do you like the school?

I have not attended yet, I put my application in for the september class but have not heard anything yet, I know that it is hard to get into a regular one with all the competion and thats why i decided on this one so right now im just waiting to hear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

You have to go to a texas workforce by your house and sign up for it and bring all the paper work they need...but i think there is still a waiting list now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

I just talked to one of the financial aid dpt. again day before yesterday and he said they will start to again since ati is taking over...they use to do the program before when the school was known under a different name and located off maple in dallas...and that's exactly how my cousin paid for dni but that was 10 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: i was told by our workforce that they do not help if u go to DNI because the school is so expensive. They will only pay if you go to a public college.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention If you go on the texas workforce website they give you a list of schools that they approved for the program and Dni is one of them along with platt and for the lvn program and that one costs more than dni

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

PJ in Dallas, Texas said: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention If you go on the texas workforce website they give you a list of schools that they approved for the program and Dni is one of them along with platt and for the lvn program and that one costs more than dni

thank you for the information, guess i need to talk to someone diffrent cause she said no way, i was also trying to look on that website but didnt see a list i will keep looking though. thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Dallas, Texas said: How do you get money through the texas workforce for DNI?

Hi Kesha I just found on the TWC website the TCOG Program that DNI falls under. I know that another person on here stated that she had a family member that had her school fully paid for thru TWC and did some research. It is the TX Career Oportunity Program. I hope that this helps when doing fin aid. I plan on bringing it to the attention of the DNI Finaid rep when I go in to talk to them at DNI myself! Good luck with school!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

52 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: thank you for the information, guess i need to talk to someone diffrent cause she said no way, i was also trying to look on that website but didnt see a list i will keep looking though. thanks again.

Hi PJ I just found on the TWC website the TCOG Program that DNI falls under. I know that another person on here stated that she had a family member that had her school fully paid for thru TWC and did some research. It is the TX Career Oportunity Program. I hope that this helps when doing fin aid. I plan on bringing it to the attention of the DNI Finaid rep when I go in to talk to them at DNI myself! Good luck with school!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Irving, Texas

52 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: Hi Kesha I just found on the TWC website the TCOG Program that DNI falls under. I know that another person on here stated that she had a family member that had her school fully paid for thru TWC and did some research. It is the TX Career Oportunity Program. I hope that this helps when doing fin aid. I plan on bringing it to the attention of the DNI Finaid rep when I go in to talk to them at DNI myself! Good luck with school!

Thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: Hi PJ I just found on the TWC website the TCOG Program that DNI falls under. I know that another person on here stated that she had a family member that had her school fully paid for thru TWC and did some research. It is the TX Career Oportunity Program. I hope that this helps when doing fin aid. I plan on bringing it to the attention of the DNI Finaid rep when I go in to talk to them at DNI myself! Good luck with school!

thank you for the info, i dont know why i got told they dont help when it comes to private schools but im gonna check it out again. i just wonder when you find out if u been accepted. school start in a month but still havent heard. thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Irving, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Irving, Texas said: Thank you so much

Do you know if it's a waiting list to get the money or do they just send it to the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Irving, Texas said: Do you know if it's a waiting list to get the money or do they just send it to the school?

When I spoke to someone at the texas workforce she said there was a waiting list now just to get into the program and they send all of the money directly to the school so all you have to do is show up. And i'm sorry but i don't know how long the waiting list. I also talked with one of the DNI financial aid person again and he said they are scheduled to have another meeting over this program to see what changes they are going to make so you might want to call them and see what all you need to do next week..well that's what i plan to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: Hi PJ I just found on the TWC website the TCOG Program that DNI falls under. I know that another person on here stated that she had a family member that had her school fully paid for thru TWC and did some research. It is the TX Career Oportunity Program. I hope that this helps when doing fin aid. I plan on bringing it to the attention of the DNI Finaid rep when I go in to talk to them at DNI myself! Good luck with school!

lol oh yes...i think you are talking about me...i stated earlier that my cousin went there and twc paid for everything. It's a waiting list now and you have to do some type of class to get into the program...when i get the full details i will let everyone know. I plan to go up there again tomorrow because one of the ladies i spoke with up there didn't work in that department but knew some things about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kesha in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

I have a appointment in the morning and i'll ask questions. I'll let you know whatever I find out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

52 months ago

PJ in Dallas, Texas said: lol oh yes...i think you are talking about me...i stated earlier that my cousin went there and twc paid for everything. It's a waiting list now and you have to do some type of class to get into the program...when i get the full details i will let everyone know. I plan to go up there again tomorrow because one of the ladies i spoke with up there didn't work in that department but knew some things about it.

Oh my bad..hahaha! Yes let me know how it goes. I was up there yesterday and they cant find my test scores so I might be retaking the test. I had originally planned on starting back when they first were charging 500 to sign up. But I couldn't come up with that money. So when I heard that they merged with another school and werent charging I jumped to it. Thx for keeping us informed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

52 months ago

Kesha in Dallas, Texas said: I have a appointment in the morning and i'll ask questions. I'll let you know whatever I find out.

great thx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

52 months ago

I am sorry if i have mistaken anyone on here about the workforce helping out. I called and talked to them again and found where it does help you if you are going through vocational school but not Rn, that is why I was told they didnt do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas

51 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: I am sorry if i have mistaken anyone on here about the workforce helping out. I called and talked to them again and found where it does help you if you are going through vocational school but not Rn, that is why I was told they didnt do it.

have you found an LVN program yet, or got more info???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas

51 months ago

is anyone planning to attend Universal Health Services for the LVN program (fort worth texas)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

PJ in Dallas Texas I took the hesi just last month June 2010 and passed both sections for the lvn program...the math is not that hard and i haven't been in school since '06 and had forgotten how to do everything...so if i can do it you can too. I did not go thru with the school though because they didn't really give me all my options on how i was going to pay for school and also had me sign my contract before i even knew how much i was going to pay...I got the most you can get from financial aid which is now 5500..and which does not cover everything so you would have to end up borrowing 19,000 in loans NOT INCLUDING INTEREST. I saw that and was like uh...no. I am now going thru the texas workforce so they can pay for the whole tuition for when it starts Aug 9th. Hope i answered some questions you might've had.

Thanks a mil! I took the hesi and passed with really great scores.. I've completed all of my aid stuff. I have to go to a mandatory health fair on Aug. 23, 2010 to get shots and some other things.. I was wondering, did you have to attend a health fair as well? My program start date is Aug. 30th for night time classes. I'll be getting my First Aid CPR some time next week. I was told we didn't have to have it until our first clinical... Does anyone know if this is true? (for DNI) Also, does anyone know where i can find some nice plus size scrubs in Dallas area? :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: PJ in Dallas Texas I took the hesi just last month June 2010 and passed both sections for the lvn program...the math is not that hard and i haven't been in school since '06 and had forgotten how to do everything...so if i can do it you can too. I did not go thru with the school though because they didn't really give me all my options on how i was going to pay for school and also had me sign my contract before i even knew how much i was going to pay...I got the most you can get from financial aid which is now 5500..and which does not cover everything so you would have to end up borrowing 19,000 in loans NOT INCLUDING INTEREST. I saw that and was like uh...no. I am now going thru the texas workforce so they can pay for the whole tuition for when it starts Aug 9th. Hope i answered some questions you might've had.

Thanks a mil! I took the hesi and passed with really great scores.. I've completed all of my aid stuff. I have to go to a mandatory health fair on Aug. 23, 2010 to get shots and some other things.. I was wondering, did you have to attend a health fair as well? My program start date is Aug. 30th for night time classes. I'll be getting my First Aid CPR some time next week. I was told we didn't have to have it until our first clinical... Does anyone know if this is true? (for DNI) Also, does anyone know where i can find some nice plus size scrubs in Dallas area? :-)

YAY we will be in class together PJ!! I got my scrubs at the allen outlet center. They were the cheapest. I have solids only. I am not too sure if we can wear print tops to school (not clinicals) and if we can the print tops are as low as 2.99 at the allen outlet center scrub shop! I have had my CPR for a while now so I am not too sure how that all works. We will have to meet each other when we go to the health fair on the 23rd! Congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: YAY we will be in class together PJ!! I got my scrubs at the allen outlet center. They were the cheapest. I have solids only. I am not too sure if we can wear print tops to school (not clinicals) and if we can the print tops are as low as 2.99 at the allen outlet center scrub shop! I have had my CPR for a while now so I am not too sure how that all works. We will have to meet each other when we go to the health fair on the 23rd! Congrats!

Sorry I meant Toi! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas

51 months ago

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas said: have you found an LVN program yet, or got more info???

i was looking into the RN program. I havent really been looking at the lvn. I havent gotten anymore info, im sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano: YAY we will be in class together PJ!! I got my scrubs at the allen outlet center. They were the cheapest. I have solids only. I am not too sure if we can wear print tops to school (not clinicals) and if we can the print tops are as low as 2.99 at the allen outlet center scrub shop! I have had my CPR for a while now so I am not too sure how that all works. We will have to meet each other when we go to the health fair on the 23rd! Congrats!

Are you going to the one @5:30pm? Well, hey if so congrats and c ya soon. lol do you know how to get to the allen outlet center or is there some sort of web site I may vist to see what they have? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: KrisAnn in Plano: YAY we will be in class together PJ!! I got my scrubs at the allen outlet center. They were the cheapest. I have solids only. I am not too sure if we can wear print tops to school (not clinicals) and if we can the print tops are as low as 2.99 at the allen outlet center scrub shop! I have had my CPR for a while now so I am not too sure how that all works. We will have to meet each other when we go to the health fair on the 23rd! Congrats!

Are you going to the one @5:30pm? Well, hey if so congrats and c ya soon. lol do you know how to get to the allen outlet center or is there some sort of web site I may vist to see what they have? Thanks!

Yes Toi I will be going to the one at 530. To get to the Allen Outlet Mall you take hwy 75 heading north and exit Stacey Rd, at the light make a left, if coming from dallas, then turn right into the shopping center. When you get into the shopping center make a right and go around. The scrub shop is near the cowboys pro shop and oshkosh. I am not too sure if they have a website. I hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas

51 months ago

htbn in Sulphur Springs, Texas said: i was looking into the RN program. I havent really been looking at the lvn. I havent gotten anymore info, im sorry.

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: Yes Toi I will be going to the one at 530. To get to the Allen Outlet Mall you take hwy 75 heading north and exit Stacey Rd, at the light make a left, if coming from dallas, then turn right into the shopping center. When you get into the shopping center make a right and go around. The scrub shop is near the cowboys pro shop and oshkosh. I am not too sure if they have a website. I hope this helps!

Thanks a mil hun, this does help. I can't wait until class start! Humm I wonder when we will get our books and our list of classes. Have you gotten yours yet?... Maybe they will go over all the good and really important stuff on the 23rd.. I didn't really get much info about the rest of the classes except that we have to show up for the Health Fair on the 23rd...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks a mil hun, this does help. I can't wait until class start! Humm I wonder when we will get our books and our list of classes. Have you gotten yours yet?... Maybe they will go over all the good and really important stuff on the 23rd.. I didn't really get much info about the rest of the classes except that we have to show up for the Health Fair on the 23rd...

I know I am so anxious! I didnt get any info other than that of the health fair. We will probably get all of our books on the 1st day. I think we also have an orientation the Friday before, I will have to double check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: I know I am so anxious! I didnt get any info other than that of the health fair. We will probably get all of our books on the 1st day. I think we also have an orientation the Friday before, I will have to double check.

Wow, see if thats the case no one has said anything about a orientation the Friday before. I was just told to attend the Health Fair on the 23rd.. Well the guy did tell me to call him next week as well...Sooo maybe he's going to tell me about it then??? Could you let me know as soon as you find out? Thanks! Maybe the Health Fair is the orientation too.. Who knows?? I wish I had some sort of outline of our classes (besides whats in the little hand book) like ie: the order in which were going to be taking them... Maybe I need to call the school and speak to someone else.. the guy that signed me up only really showed me around the school and gave me the student hand book-- after I passed the test of course-- and sent me to the FASFA people.. The only other information that I received was about the dang Health Fair... Oh and he told me I needed to have my BLS by my first rotation. He also told me I would get my needed shots on the 23rd as well.. So if your not up to date on your shots expect to get them at the HF. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

swilliams in Irving, Texas said: I actually will be attending Dallas Nursing institue on Abrams May 25th, expected last day of school Sept 29th. Would I have to go to Austin to take The State Board Test or can I take it locally in Texas.

Hello Swilliams in Irving, I know that you've posted this about two months ago... I just wanted to know how the classes are? Are you doing well and do you regret going to this school? I'm set to start Aug. 30, 2010 but I just had a few extra questions that the people in admissions did not explain to me.. Do you get all your books at the Health Fair? Please let me know.. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: Wow, see if thats the case no one has said anything about a orientation the Friday before. I was just told to attend the Health Fair on the 23rd.. Well the guy did tell me to call him next week as well...Sooo maybe he's going to tell me about it then??? Could you let me know as soon as you find out? Thanks! Maybe the Health Fair is the orientation too.. Who knows?? I wish I had some sort of outline of our classes (besides whats in the little hand book) like ie: the order in which were going to be taking them... Maybe I need to call the school and speak to someone else.. the guy that signed me up only really showed me around the school and gave me the student hand book-- after I passed the test of course-- and sent me to the FASFA people.. The only other information that I received was about the dang Health Fair... Oh and he told me I needed to have my BLS by my first rotation. He also told me I would get my needed shots on the 23rd as well.. So if your not up to date on your shots expect to get them at the HF. lol

I got my BLS through the pediatric home health agency that I work for. I lucked out and only paid $4!! Yes at the HF you will get your tetnus, 1st of 3 Hep B shots and like 2 others I believe. I asked if we needed the first aid and it was not required. I haven't been able to find where we have to do an orientation but will continue looking. Can I ask who your Adm Rep was, I think we might of had the same one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: I got my BLS through the pediatric home health agency that I work for. I lucked out and only paid $4!! Yes at the HF you will get your tetnus, 1st of 3 Hep B shots and like 2 others I believe. I asked if we needed the first aid and it was not required. I haven't been able to find where we have to do an orientation but will continue looking. Can I ask who your Adm Rep was, I think we might of had the same one.

I'm not sure how to spell his name. He was a black dude that wore glasses, his name was Nedrick or something like that.. You're lucky, this coming WED I have to pay 60 to get my bls. I'm soo not looking foward to those shots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bumblebee in Garland, Texas

51 months ago

good things about dni grads in Arlington, Texas said: Hi guys I am an RN and director of nursing in Collin County for 4 years. I have hired several DNI grads and can not say enough good things about them. I've found them to be very professional and prepared for the real world of nursing. I am so impressed my daughter will be attending the information session on the 25th. She is a senior this year. Good luck to all of you.

You are not the director of nursing at collin county. i know her and she does not have a daughter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

51 months ago

bumblebee in Garland, Texas said: You are not the director of nursing at collin county. i know her and she does not have a daughter.

I believe the previous poster is saying he or she is the Director of Nursing at a facility in Collin County, not the school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: I'm not sure how to spell his name. He was a black dude that wore glasses, his name was Nedrick or something like that.. You're lucky, this coming WED I have to pay 60 to get my bls. I'm soo not looking foward to those shots.

I spoke to Nedric and he said that the orientation will most likely be on Thursday in the evening. He couldn't give me much more info except that we would find out for sure on the health fair day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dee in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Shan in Euless, Texas said: I know that after graduating from Dallas Nursing Institute (Lvn) you will not be IV certified,but will you at least be able to administer injections to patients?

I am an LVN , and the Texas Board of Nursing does not require LVN's to be IV certified. What people can do is go look at colleges in their continuing studies programs, some of them offer training for all nurses to be IV certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dee in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Angellee in Tampa, Florida said: Wow! Too expensive! The job market isn't very good for LPN's. Be careful before you go into debt.

Let me correct this .....yes the job market is very good for lvn's in the state of texas. What people need to do is stop going off of here say and do the research themselves. Many LVNS make $18-21/hr.
Ive even seen some that make $27-30/hr with experience of course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon-to-be Nursing student in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

bumblebee in Garland, Texas said: You are not the director of nursing at collin county. i know her and she does not have a daughter.

She stated that she was a DON in Collin County not at Collin County.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dee in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Soon-to-be Nursing student in Dallas, Texas said: She stated that she was a DON in Collin County not at Collin County.

At Dallas nursing institue or some where else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

51 months ago

dee in Dallas, Texas said: At Dallas nursing institue or some where else

I think what she means is that she is a DON for the County not any schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas said: I spoke to Nedric and he said that the orientation will most likely be on Thursday in the evening. He couldn't give me much more info except that we would find out for sure on the health fair day!

Thanks! I called the school and spoke to another lady about a week ago- LOL. She said that she should have some more info for us at the health fair. She said that the the "O" on Thursday should start around 5pm. Can't wait to get started! :-) I also just found out that I have a friend starting there soon as well..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

dee in Dallas, Texas said: I am an LVN , and the Texas Board of Nursing does not require LVN's to be IV certified. What people can do is go look at colleges in their continuing studies programs, some of them offer training for all nurses to be IV certified

Hello Dee,

Do you know which of these colleges we can go to to get IV certified? Thanks! :-) Oh, and thanks for the positive info on the LVN job market. Some people can be just so darn negative!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

guyanese16 in Garland, Texas

50 months ago

what is the score needed to pass the hesi entrance exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.