Dallas Nursing Institute

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 192)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

49 months ago

guyanese16 in Garland, Texas said: what is the score needed to pass the hesi entrance exam?

I think it is like a 75. It is really easy though. There is no need to stress out! Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

guyanese16 in Garland, Texas

49 months ago

thank you. I wanted to review over before I took the hesi exam but at the moment the school did not have any review for me to purchase one, Is their any website or advise anyone can give for me to study over for the hesi exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

guyanese16 in Garland, Texas said: thank you. I wanted to review over before I took the hesi exam but at the moment the school did not have any review for me to purchase one, Is their any website or advise anyone can give for me to study over for the hesi exam?

Hello,

Just google Hesi A2 exam practice and you will find many places to practice. But, to be honest with you the exam is easy! If you're just going for your LVN than the only area needed (for DNI) is the Reading and Math which is basic.... I would advise you to study your basic math and reading. Good-Luck!!

KrisAnn in Plano, Texas

49 months ago

guyanese16 in Garland, Texas said: thank you. I wanted to review over before I took the hesi exam but at the moment the school did not have any review for me to purchase one, Is their any website or advise anyone can give for me to study over for the hesi exam?

I went to barnes and noble in plano to get a review book. None of the 1/2 price books had it. It is a bit more in price but well worth it because I found that the questions in the review and the actual test are VERY similar. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jewels in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

The reason why the charge that much money is b/c you don't have to go thru a long waiting list. If you pass the NET test and you have the financial aid covered, your in. I graduated when they were NTPCI in 2004, and pass my license test in one shot. Yeah, there is a lot of drama and confusion but eventually you get your moneys worth. I sure have. Planning to do the RN bridge program. Cost me around 23,000, so what? If a graduate I can pay that back in a few months if I really want to. So if you just wanna get your education fast. This is the fastest way.

LuCy in Palestine, Texas

49 months ago

Brodyz Momma in Garland, Texas said: I am interested in starting at Dallas Nursing Institute in August, taking the night/weekend program. I'm really interested in finding out what the course load is like, how the each of the quarters are split, how are clinicals....all the good stuff the school won't tell you. I am a Medical Assistant now trying to advance my career, and this school seems like the best fit for me. I've researched Concorde and Platt and there is NO way that I can go to any of the community colleges. I would just hate to get into this program and 6, 7 months later, I'm burned out and failing. If ANYONE can offer any advise, knowlegde, or personal experiences, I would greatly appreciate it.
yea it was good but dat how i feel knw

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kourtney curry in Waxahachie, Texas

48 months ago

hi! my name is kourtney curry, and im looking into the DNI program, can anyone tell me the exact amount this school RN program is? and if it is a year or two years long?

Lnduke81 in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

so the lvn day classes are what days and hours and what cost???
what about RN?? i am more interested in RN but i heard u have to do the LVN there first then take the RN bridge is that true or can i go straight to RN???

Donna in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

I am interested in the LVN/RN Bridge program if it still exist. I have been an LVN for almost 30 years and was interested in bridgeing over. Does anyone have any info on ther program. Having a hard time getting information or even someone to give me a call back.

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

DNI GRAD in Forney, Texas said: I graduated from DNI in June 2010. I think that it is a very good school! Yes it is expensive but that is because there is no waiting list, you do not need pre-reqs, & it is a private school. As we all know you have to pay for taking short cuts. Also the only clinicals that are online are OB/GYN & Ped's, Although some students go to the hospital for these clinicals. And yes there is a monthly payment option. Honestly if you have the time to take your basics and wait to get in a program then why wouldn't you wait go somewhere cheaper if not DNI is the way to go. Also it is under new ownership.

Hey DNI Grad in Forney,
I'm a new student. I'm almost done with my first semester at DNI. Yeaaa getting really good grades... yata yata yata. Question, are you having a hard time finding a job as a new grad or did DNI help you find a job? Annnd one more question: How was the exit test at DNI before the State exam? Thanks!

Nancee in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

I graduated two years ago from DNI, and yes, it is hard to find a job. I have a lot of classmates contact me and ask for a referral to who may be hiring. Even classmates that have two full years of experience and are wanting to switch to another job can't get interviews. You can get job offers at very risky facilities where your license will be in jeopardy, where they are not tight on procedure and controls. I have friends that worked at places one day and never went back they were so bad. There are a lot of LVN's out there, and we are not as in demand as they would make you believe. No, the school doesn't help you find a job. Although we were told that the VA hires LVN's and have a lot of job openings, those things are true....but they will not hire DNI graduates. They only hire from nationally accredited schools. DNI isn't nationally accredited, so when I went to Collin County Community College for RN core courses, they did not recognize anything I took at DNI, nor will any other public school system. The best way to go is to get your RN ASAP if you want to be able to just go out and get a job and be in demand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancee in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

Hey Donna,
I went to the bridge orientation last year when the RN program was just starting. Pretty much the same as most bridge programs- you have to have your core, it is about the same price as the LVN program, and 13 months. They were starting them every four months or so.

AMBERINFTW in Carrollton, Texas

46 months ago

HI I AM CURRENTLY IN CONCORDES LVN PROGRAM I GRADUATE IN AUGUST BUT I AM LOOKING TOWARDS MY RN NOW, WOULD ANYONE RECCOMMEND DNI AS THE WAY TO GO?

KAT in Arlington, Texas

46 months ago

AMBERINFTW in Carrollton, Texas said: HI I AM CURRENTLY IN CONCORDES LVN PROGRAM I GRADUATE IN AUGUST BUT I AM LOOKING TOWARDS MY RN NOW, WOULD ANYONE RECCOMMEND DNI AS THE WAY TO GO?

I have a co-worker attending the bridge program at DNI and she says it is terribly disorganized and does not recommend it at all. It is a brand new program, so maybe give it a year or two to get the kinks worked out (and to make sure they keep their intial approval from the BON).

cookie in Forney, Texas

46 months ago

Where did you get your information from?? In order to even be able to sit for the texas state boards for your lvn== you have to attend a school that has been approvad by the texas state BON.. Please don't be on this site misleading others. And, being a previous graduate from DNI, I can tell you that the VA does hire DNI graduates... a lvn is a lvn...I'm one of them lol! So what your sprouting is a bunch of crock. FYI: I also know of a number of other DNI grads attending Collin county LVN-RN program and El Centro not to mention TWU and UTA. When you articulate your degree ie, get your lvn cert, that's all these schools are looking for oh and to make sure you don't have any restrictions on your cert.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

christinebl in Rowlett, Texas

45 months ago

DNI GRAD in Forney, Texas said: I graduated from DNI in June 2010. I think that it is a very good school! Yes it is expensive but that is because there is no waiting list, you do not need pre-reqs, & it is a private school. As we all know you have to pay for taking short cuts. Also the only clinicals that are online are OB/GYN & Ped's, Although some students go to the hospital for these clinicals. And yes there is a monthly payment option. Honestly if you have the time to take your basics and wait to get in a program then why wouldn't you wait go somewhere cheaper if not DNI is the way to go. Also it is under new ownership.

Was the hesi test hard, I a planning on going there. I am taking a few basic math classes at Eastfield now

toi in Forney, Texas

44 months ago

christinebl in Rowlett, Texas said: Was the hesi test hard, I a planning on going there. I am taking a few basic math classes at Eastfield now

Hello christinebl,

No the math part of the HESI is not hard at all. I didn't see any algebra, however there were a few fractions and percents. The reading is simple. If you can read and do basic everday math you should be able to pass the HESI good luck.

Shannon in Plano, Texas

44 months ago

I will be attending DNI in March of this year (2011) I am going to do the part time program! Yes I think the price is too much, but Private owned schools seem to be the best! You get more hands on instruction..thats why I am choosing this school! I am about to take the HESI Exam and I suck at Math so I am extremely nervous!!!

lnduke81 in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

how much do they charge??

cookie in Forney, Texas

44 months ago

Shannon in Plano, Texas said: I will be attending DNI in March of this year (2011) I am going to do the part time program! Yes I think the price is too much, but Private owned schools seem to be the best! You get more hands on instruction..thats why I am choosing this school! I am about to take the HESI Exam and I suck at Math so I am extremely nervous!!!

Hello Shannon of Plano,

I would not be too nervous about the math part. If you know how to do basic math like fractions, percents and the like your good. When I say basic, I really mean basic... However, to give you some insight about the program; when DNI says part-time it's really not part time. You'll be taking the same classes as the day classes which is pretty much the same course load. The only difference is, your only going two days a week for classes and maybe one or two for your required lab time. However, I will say that enrolling in the eveing program is far better than trying to learn everying thing in one year. With this program, you have enough time to either work or study more. With me, I use the extra time to study more... Trust me you will have to. I love DNI so far, yea it's a bit expensive say 26 to 27,000. But, I feel like it's worth it if you don't want to be put on a waiting list at other schools. Good luck with your studies.

lnduke81 in Arlington, Texas

44 months ago

27,000??? thats crazy!!!! for LVN?? you can go to a community college and pay 20,000 less!!! you can even get your RN with less than that money jeeez!! i guess that helped me make my decision about going there.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, HOPE EVERYBODY A HAS GREAT YEAR, GOD BLESS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rhawkins31 in Little Elm, Texas

44 months ago

Hi I am thinking about attending DNI. And to be honest there is some good stuff and bad stuff on this forum. I was wondering what are the hours and days for the day program. Will I have to pay any out of pocket fees or will i be able to get loans to cover the rest of what Federal aid doesn't. I am unemployed and I don't work part time or anything. So what can I really expect from the day program. Can someone who is attending now please give me some insight.

cookie in Forney, Texas

44 months ago

rhawkins31 in Little Elm, Texas said: Hi I am thinking about attending DNI. And to be honest there is some good stuff and bad stuff on this forum. I was wondering what are the hours and days for the day program. Will I have to pay any out of pocket fees or will i be able to get loans to cover the rest of what Federal aid doesn't. I am unemployed and I don't work part time or anything. So what can I really expect from the day program. Can someone who is attending now please give me some insight.

Hello rhawkins31

You will hear good things and bad things about every nursing school you attend. In the end, it's about what you personly want to obtain from the program and what you want to do with your life (not to mention how much you want to spend). DNI is a great school to attend and like any other nursing school you have to put in some time to get what you want out of it. I'm in the evening program, but from what other students have told me the Day program is five days a week i.e Monday - Friday. I would just go speak to a rep. But to be quite honest with you if you have the time to take your basics and wait to get in a program then why wouldn't you wait go somewhere cheaper if not DNI is the way to go. Also it is under new ownership.

To induke81 everyone can't do what you're doing. Some people didn't make the grade to get accepted into the "community college" nursing program and some don't have the time to "wait" to get in if they did make the grade to start. Everyone in life has a different path that they will follow to get to where they need to be. You'll be wayyyy beter off if you learn to respect this idea-- especially in the nursing field. Good luck everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rhawkins31 in Little Elm, Texas

44 months ago

cookie in Forney, Texas said: Hello rhawkins31

You will hear good things and bad things about every nursing school you attend. In the end, it's about what you personly want to obtain from the program and what you want to do with your life (not to mention how much you want to spend). DNI is a great school to attend and like any other nursing school you have to put in some time to get what you want out of it. I'm in the evening program, but from what other students have told me the Day program is five days a week i.e Monday - Friday. I would just go speak to a rep. But to be quite honest with you if you have the time to take your basics and wait to get in a program then why wouldn't you wait go somewhere cheaper if not DNI is the way to go. Also it is under new ownership.

To induke81 everyone can't do what you're doing. Some people didn't make the grade to get accepted into the "community college" nursing program and some don't have the time to "wait" to get in if they did make the grade to start. Everyone in life has a different path that they will follow to get to where they need to be. You'll be wayyyy beter off if you learn to respect this idea-- especially in the nursing field. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the info. I know people will post things to their our situations and yes, in the end, I will do what is right for me at the time. I have an appt to talk to a rep and hopefully everything will go okay. I can't wait to see. I just wish they had something starting sooner than may. But hey in the meantime, I am going to try all options as well as the community colleges. See which one I get into first. If I have to wait till August then why not. It will only be two more months and much cheaper. But we will see. Thanks again for the reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tina peters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

toi 29 in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks so much for the comments from you guys on this site.. I've been looking around for info on DNI.. Does anyone know about the admission process? And has anyone taken the HESI Math part of the exam? I would like to know how hard the math is... And because I'm without a job now and receiving UI money does anyone know if I'm going to be required to pay anything per month for this school? I have a appointment next week to meet with a rep... I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing with my time and money.

they have a hesi admissio assessment exam review study guide...study it for a few days and you will ace the math

tammyhall in Wylie, Texas

41 months ago

Hello Cookie in Forney. I totally agree with all or your comments. I have been researching this school for about 2 years. I also know a nurse that use to teach at this school. And she did recommend this school. This nurse that use to teach at this school has a bachelor’s degree in nursing and has worked in different areas of the hospital and she loves working in ER. She says it's very exciting, because you never know what kind of case you are going to get and you learn a lot of new things every day. Her comments to me were; there are problems in every school and on the job, it's about what you are there for. The program at DNI is very good. I attend El Centro and TWU. She said if you want to get into school quicker this is the best way. If you go to a community college and flunk the entry exam they will make you take all those developmental classes until you pass them before you get accepted into their program and will still be on a waiting list. DNI is expensive, but all private school are expensive. Community college are run by the government and they can charge less. The other reason why it's so competitive in the community colleges is because nurses make less money to teach and they make more working as a nurse and that's why it's based on scores. If your test scores are high, that's how they go about picking who will enter the nursing program first. They don't have enough teacher's to teach at the nursing school's so the select who will go into the program first. At DNI all you have to do is pass the admission exam. I have not taken the test yet, because I hate math and I am very bad at it. I will have to get a tutor or find a study partner. I think I have test anxiety. My friend tells me I can do it, but I have been out of school for over 20 years, but I know I need to do something. I know they use to have study group at the school a long time ago, but they don't have it anymore. If you know of any study groups please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Hello Cookie in Forney. I totally agree with all or your comments. I have been researching this school for about 2 years. I also know a nurse that use to teach at this school. And she did recommend this school. This nurse that use to teach at this school has a bachelor’s degree in nursing and has worked in different areas of the hospital and she loves working in ER. She says it's very exciting, because you never know what kind of case you are going to get and you learn a lot of new things every day. Her comments to me were, “there are problems in every school and on the job, it's about what you are there for. The program at DNI is very good. I attend El Centro and TWU. She said if you want to get into school quicker this is the best way. If you go to a community college and flunk the entry exam they will make you take all those developmental classes until you pass them before you get accepted into their program and will still be on a waiting list. DNI is expensive, but all private schools are expensive. Community colleges are run by the government and they can charge less. The other reason why it's so competitive in the community colleges is because nurses make less money to teach and they make more working as a nurse and that's why it's based on scores. If your test scores are high, that's how they go about picking who will enter the nursing program first. They don't have enough teachers to teach at the nursing schools so they select who will go into the program first. At DNI all you have to do is pass the admission exam”. I have not taken the test yet, because I hate math and I am very bad at it. I will have to get a tutor or find a study partner. I think I have test anxiety. My friend tells me I can do it, but I have been out of school for over 20 years, but I know I need to do something. I know they use to have study group at the school a long time ago, but they don't have it anymore. If you know of any study groups please let me know.

IlOVEPURRPLE in Carrollton, Texas

41 months ago

Hi, I will be starting DNI April 27. I must say I am very excited. I've heard and seen a lot of bad reviews but I personally don't let ne body bad review determine what I do. I am currently a CNA working at a nursing home where a lot of the students do there clinicald s ol me like it some dont. FYI.....ALL TEST TAKERS THE EXAMINE IS VEEEERRRRRY EASY LIK PREBIOUS POST HAVE STATED I WILL ADD IF YOU HAVR BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL AWHILE TO REFRESH....ILL EVEN HELP :) BUT THE MATH TEST WAS MOSTLY RATIOS IF YOU CAN DO THAT THEN YOU HAVR NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT YOU HAVE 2 1/2 HOURS FOR BOTH PARTS MATH IS 55 QUESTION AND READING IS 53 ONCE COMPLETIN ONE PORTION YOUR SCORE AUTOMATICALLY APPEARS SO YOU KNO IF YOU PASSED OR FAILED INSTANTLY I MADE A 84 ON MATH AND 94 ON READING GOOD LUCK TO ALL IF I CAN BE OF HELP LET ME KNO! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IlOVEPURRPLE in Carrollton, Texas

41 months ago

Ummmm IM NOT IN CARROLLTON IM IN DALLAS AND ACTUALLY LIVE 1 MIN FROM THE SCHOOL

41 months ago

Ok I will look at the ratio section of the book and try to learn it. What else beside ratios is on the math test? I live east of plano in Murphy Texas. I would love to speak to you personally. Here is my personal email: tammych@verizon.net
email mail me and I will give you my number so we can talk.

IlOVEPURRPLE in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

@TAMMY THERES A FEW HOUSEHOLD MEASUREMENTS ALSO BASIC ADDING THERES A FEE WORD PROBLEMS THERE WAS LIK 2 PROBLEMS ABOUT POUNDS AND KG THERES DIVISON OF DECIMALS (REMEMBER YOU ONLY HAVE TO MAKE A 70 TO PASS) LIK I SAID BFO RATIOS WAS THE BIGGEST ITS LIK EVERY OTHER QUESTION WAS RATIO SOME ARE MULTIPLE CHIOCE SUM ARE NOT O THERE IS PROBLEMS LIK 3 IS WHAT % OF 60 .........WEN YOU HAVE QUESTION WIT FRACTIONS MAKE SURE TO "SIMPLIFYYYYYYY" UMMM I BELIEVE THATS IT I DIDNT BY THE BOOK IM eMAILIN YOU NOW

cgamble in Mckinney, Texas

41 months ago

IlOVEPURRPLE in Houston, Texas said: @TAMMY THERES A FEW HOUSEHOLD MEASUREMENTS ALSO BASIC ADDING THERES A FEE WORD PROBLEMS THERE WAS LIK 2 PROBLEMS ABOUT POUNDS AND KG THERES DIVISON OF DECIMALS (REMEMBER YOU ONLY HAVE TO MAKE A 70 TO PASS) LIK I SAID BFO RATIOS WAS THE BIGGEST ITS LIK EVERY OTHER QUESTION WAS RATIO SOME ARE MULTIPLE CHIOCE SUM ARE NOT O THERE IS PROBLEMS LIK 3 IS WHAT % OF 60 .........WEN YOU HAVE QUESTION WIT FRACTIONS MAKE SURE TO "SIMPLIFYYYYYYY" UMMM I BELIEVE THATS IT I DIDNT BY THE BOOK IM eMAILIN YOU NOW

Hi I was looking into to DNI also. I want to get in the June class but have been leary because of reviews. I dont want to pay all this money and get teachers with difficult ways. what do you think?

cat in Dallas, Texas

41 months ago

does anyone know about the nursing program at ITT Tech in richardson?

41 months ago

Havent heard of it! if you find out anything let me know please!

cat in Mesquite, Texas

41 months ago

i went to the website and it gives u ALL the info for the program. you have to go to the PDF file in the admissions section. if u go to the section for nursing it gives you a brief course description. it is in the ITT Tech school in Richardson. it is a 2yr Associate Degree in Nursing program. its cost $45,000 for whole program. and all the credits transfer to Phoenix University. im am going to take a tour on friday and ill let you know how it goes.

*****But if anyone has more info on the ITT TECH nursing program please share********

cat in Mesquite, Texas

41 months ago

cgamble in Mckinney, Texas said: Havent heard of it! if you find out anything let me know please!

i went to the website and it gives u ALL the info for the program. you have to go to the PDF file in the admissions section. if u go to the section for nursing it gives you a brief course description. it is in the ITT Tech school in Richardson. it is a 2yr Associate Degree in Nursing program. its cost $45,000 for whole program. and all the credits transfer to Phoenix University. im am going to take a tour on friday and ill let you know how it goes.

*****But if anyone has more info on the ITT TECH nursing program please share********

41 months ago

Hi, How did it go today? what did you think?

IlOVEPURRPLE in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

cgamble in Mckinney, Texas said: Hi I was looking into to DNI also. I want to get in the June class but have been leary because of reviews. I dont want to pay all this money and get teachers with difficult ways. what do you think?

Hi, THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT! IM CLASS 4/27/11 DATS THE DATE WE STARTED WE JUS HAD OUR FIRST A&P TEST OVER 6 CHAPTERS WE MEET OUT TEACHER TWICE AND THEN TESTED EVERYBODY HAD SOOOOOO MANY GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DA SCHOOL WE HAVE ABOUT 65 sTUDENTS AND ONLY ABOUT 10-15 PASSED. DURIN CLINICALS (FRIDAY) WE HAD TO MOVE 3 TIMES SO DA PEOPLE THAT FAILED COMPLAINED ABOUT HOW UNORGANIZED THR SCHOOL IS AND BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH AND HOW THAT TEST WAS UNFAIR CUZ IT WAS CRAMMIN BUT, WE HAD 1-2 WEEKS TO PREPARE FOR THE TEST (I DID PASS) BUT NEWAY UMMM YOU HAVE TO B COMMITTED TO TEACHIN YOURSELF OUTSIDE OF CLASS I HAVE 4 KIDS WIT A FT JOB I LOVE DNI BUH NOT ALL THEIR INSTRUCTORS ITS WAH YOU MAKE OF IT WE'RE ALL GROWN BUT SOME ACT LIK LITTLE BABIES WHAT IM SAYIN,YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN :)

40 months ago

Hey, Thanks so much for your feedback it really helped me alot. I'm going to go ahead an take the hesi so I can maybe start the august class. I just wanted to get the opinion from someone currently attending DNI. Congrats on passong your test. I'll see how it goes! Keep me posted on your progress!

40 months ago

Oh and what do you mean ya'll had to move 3 times? was it classrooms or sites? Did the other people honestly study an not pass? What was your strategy for studying for the test?

MaleNurse in Wylie, Texas

40 months ago

cgamble in Mckinney, Texas said: Oh and what do you mean ya'll had to move 3 times? was it classrooms or sites? Did the other people honestly study an not pass? What was your strategy for studying for the test?

Hello, and allow me to answer in english :). They occasionally move you because of the size of the class and the lab room that is available versus the classes that are using the labs. You will rarely have a site change for clinicals ( I have never seen one happen), so when refering to moving, it was probably just shuffling between classes.

You have to be MOTIVATED to do this program with a generous amout of outside work on your part. Its not easy, and not a gimmie program. If you dont do the work, you will fail. period. The strategy is simple and success just takes work. Read, read and re-read the chapters, go over the outline that the instructors give, complete the accompanying workbook and end of chapter questions and you will pass every time. Good luck and best wishes.

40 months ago

Thanks So are you still in the program? I heard the finacial aide area is very difficult to deal with. How did you find that area. I would like to attend DNI in the fall hoping to not regret doing so.

Sheronda in Forney, Texas

39 months ago

Tammy I took the test a couple of months ago and passed the reading portion with a 82. The math I was not so fortunate my overall score was a 66. The math is not hard but I took the test on the spot I should have researched and studied. The part that got me was household measurements and proportions. You can go to Testprepreview.com and get free practice. Be sure to review fractions also.

39 months ago

Thanks, I will go to the website and practice.

Sheronda in Forney, Texas

39 months ago

cat in Dallas, Texas said: does anyone know about the nursing program at ITT Tech in richardson?

I have checked into their school. They only let about 30 students in since this is a new program and they will not be NLN accrediated until the first class graduates. They also only have day classes.

Tesha in Wills Point, Texas

38 months ago

CurrentDNIStudent in Mesquite, Texas said: I have to agree with the above comments. I just started the LVN program on Feb 1st and I am LOVING it so far! The professors we have had are great, go into detail with lectures. Now it is only my 3rd week but we have already had a test, had 2 check offs, and I am doing well. You have to be serious about this program to make it work for you. But get real people we are ADULTS they are not going to hand everything to you on a silver platter! U can not expect an easy time in school if you want to be a NURSE we are talking about peoples LIVES!!!!
DNI staff has been great so far, explaining things and working on my financial aid and grants stuff i have not touched in 15 years!
I am excited about my future and wish everyone good luck just dont knock a program unless you are serious about making a commitment..we are not in kindergarten anymore!
Soon to be Nurse! June 2011!!!!

Are you an instructor at DNI?

khodde in Fort Worth, Texas

38 months ago

Does anyone know when the RN class is supposed to start this fall? I applied for it and still have not heard anything. Has anyone been accepted yet?

Say NO to DNI in Prosper, Texas

36 months ago

I went to DNI because I didn't take the time to research ALL my options before signing up to pay $26k for their LVN program. I graduated this year, but with much pain and frustration with their lack of organization, communication and clinical opportunities. Something students are NEVER aware of before signing up for the program... the FINAL HESI test!!!
I'm NOT referring to the entrance exam test! To pass the program and graduate from the school, you're required to take a HESI test that is MUCH MORE difficult than the State Board Exam - I passed my board exam and know first hand. The score to pass in May 2011 was 900... however, from talking to current students, DNI plans to raise it again! You will not be allowed to take your board exam, without passing their HESI. Please BEWARE... there were 2 students who took the test 4 times and did not pass. After unsuccessfully passing the 4th time, they kick you out of the program. What a WASTE of your good earned $26k, or more... not to mention your time! There are still 8 people from my class who have NOT passed their 3rd try and will take their final test this month.If I could go back in time, I would definitely NOT go to DNI. NCTC is a community college and has a far more superior program and definitely costs a LOT less. My sister graduated from that school. Her experience was far greater than mine, in all aspects.. especially with clinical rotations. At DNI you don't have hands on Pediatrics and OB clinicals... they're "virtual". Which means, sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours!!!
I never expected to be spoon fed by the instructors and really knew I had to work hard. If it were simply just challenging academically... this review would be completely positive. However, constant policy changes, lack of respect from faculty, lack of accountability by Financial Aid and Administration (which school loses your file or drops you from the school... DNI). I could go on and on... PLEASE, do your research spending $26K!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nola in Grapevine, Texas

35 months ago

Donna in Dallas, Texas said: I am interested in the LVN/RN Bridge program if it still exist. I have been an LVN for almost 30 years and was interested in bridgeing over. Does anyone have any info on ther program. Having a hard time getting information or even someone to give me a call back.

They have mulitple schools online that you can take to bridge over. Also, I was told that JPS hospital has a program that bridge you over to an RN. I amnot sure if you have to be employed there or not but it don't hurt to check it out.

Jessica in Little Elm, Texas

35 months ago

Say NO to DNI in Prosper, Texas said:

Can you email me: jjwilson25@yahoo.com

I was thinking about attending an LVN program and am in between DNI and El Centro. I am worried about the cost, wait time to get in to a program, prerequs, transfer credits to an RN program, and then passing the final HESI or nursing exam at the end. If their pass rate is not close to 100%, then that is not a good thing! Thank you so much for your input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.