Even if its who you know you still cant get jobs now! Too many nurses save ur time!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Puschfan4

49 months ago

I passed boards 6 months ago and still havent found a job, I had perfect attendance, honor roll, I am bilinqual and know alot of people in kaiser, and other large hospitals in los angeles. Save your time and try another career. There are now too many nurses....America is facing a crisis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Friendswood, Texas

49 months ago

Puschfan4 said: I passed boards 6 months ago and still havent found a job, I had perfect attendance, honor roll, I am bilinqual and know alot of people in kaiser, and other large hospitals in los angeles. Save your time and try another career. There are now too many nurses....America is facing a crisis.

Move. California is facing a crisis. I moved to Tx from NYC 20 years ago and our economy is secure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mia in San Antonio, Texas

48 months ago

Don't be so dramatic. America isn't facing a crisis.
California (and the rest of these house-flipper states are).

I'm a Texan (san antonio) as well and we have Californians flying down here in droves. I met a girl yesterday who recently graduated from nursing school in Ca. She relocated to my city and found a job in 1 month.
It's not what she wants. She's doing psych nursing in a care clinic.
But whatever...it's a paycheck, right?

The nursing market down here isn't saturated...yet.
DFW is somewhat...but overall? It's good.

Besides, it's not as though everyone who applies to nursing school will get accepted or make it through.
Everyone who wants to be a nurse isn't destined to be one. Sadly...

Plus there is an abundance of folks running into nursing because they think it means an 'easy' paycheck. Well...they'll lose faith when they see how difficult it is to make it through nursing school.
They'll burn out quickly when they see how 'easy' real world nursing is...and make space for those who want to be nurses.

Fine with me. They don't belong, in the first place.
Wanting a good career is fine but to do it for the paycheck? I'm sorry...
This isn't 'business'. We're helping and caring for people.
We work in service to others.

People who don't get that have no business in the medical field to begin with.
...because they're only leaping on the nurse train due to the 'shortage'.
They don't like people. They don't like caring for anything.
...and the first to curl their nostrils and say, "Ew...I'm not wiping any old person's a**'.

Well - that's nursing, babe.
...and that's someone mother, grandmother, grandfather, etc...that you're taking care of. So, how about a little compassion?

Problem is, everyone can't relocate...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

L.J. in Sylmar, California

48 months ago

I am doing my nursing prerequisites at a local community college and I live in Los Angeles County. I keep hearing that recent RN's in the last couple of years are having a difficult time finding work (see website post below). Since the economic recession started, thousands of laid off workers in CA went back to school to train as RN's thinking the nursing profession was recession proof. Is this a lie? In 2005, our government issued over 21,000 visas to foreign nurses to come to the U.S. to fill nursing vacancies throughout our country. Is this the reason there are no jobs for recent nursing grads? Is our government still issuing (in secret) visas to foreign nurses? If you are a recruiter of foreign born RN's to USA, you should not feel proud of what you do--you have a job and you are taking jobs away from citizens of CA and other states who DESPERATELY need to work to support their families and payoff their loans. This is anti-American and want to know how many more nursing jobs can we afford to lose to foreign-born nurses? I blame our politicians for perpetuating this tragedy. Foreign nurses not only get visas/green cards, they get housing allowances and other stipends which amounts to millions of taxpayer $$$. Would I be better off just getting into a nursing program, graduate and move to another state? What states? Florida? Thank you for your advice.
CALIFORNIA’S LATEST NURSING WORKFORCE CHALLENGE: THE HIRING DILEMMA OF NEW GRADUATES
www.cinhc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/New-Grad-Hiring-Dilemma_0209.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

A P Geofrey in London, United Kingdom

48 months ago

what happened

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

david d3an in NEW YORK

48 months ago

california is the part of america . . . !!!
if he is facing crisis than the america is also facing it .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ave in Oceanside, California

45 months ago

I really LOL at people who don't realize that American is in deep crisis and things will get much worse after a brief recovery. America is in profound debt without a way to cover for budget deficit. It is doubtful that full recover occurs, so I think on a long run it's going to a rough ride. Someone who's sitting in a little place in Texas can't see the whole picture of course (I imagine JWB portrait on a wall?)

Toad in Lithia Springs, Georgia

45 months ago

L.J. in Sylmar, California said: I am doing my nursing prerequisites at a local community college and I live in Los Angeles County. I keep hearing that recent RN's in the last couple of years are having a difficult time finding work (see website post below). Since the economic recession started, thousands of laid off workers in CA went back to school to train as RN's thinking the nursing profession was recession proof. Is this a lie? In 2005, our government issued over 21,000 visas to foreign nurses to come to the U.S. to fill nursing vacancies throughout our country. Is this the reason there are no jobs for recent nursing grads? Is our government still issuing (in secret) visas to foreign nurses? If you are a recruiter of foreign born RN's to USA, you should not feel proud of what you do--you have a job and you are taking jobs away from citizens of CA and other states who DESPERATELY need to work to support their families and payoff their loans. This is anti-American and want to know how many more nursing jobs can we afford to lose to foreign-born nurses? I blame our politicians for perpetuating this tragedy. Foreign nurses not only get visas/green cards, they get housing allowances and other stipends which amounts to millions of taxpayer $$$. Would I be better off just getting into a nursing program, graduate and move to another state? What states? Florida? Thank you for your advice.
CALIFORNIA’S LATEST NURSING WORKFORCE CHALLENGE: THE HIRING DILEMMA OF NEW GRADUATES
www.cinhc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/New-Grad-Hiring-Dilemma_0209.pdf

Probably. Go where the demand is. Network to get a foot in the door. The country may be facing tough times right now, but getting that first job/experience has always been an issue in most professions because everyone wants experience. Well, it was 2007, but it took me 3 months after getting my LPN license before anyone gave me the chance, and we have far less opportunity than RNs!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.