FINDING AN LVN JOB

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Urch in Lewisville, Texas

58 months ago

I gained admission into a community college to do an LVN program here in Texas for 12months. The program cost is quite cheap at $4,500 to cover tuition and books. But I am a bit scared about the LVN job difficulties people have been complaining about. Is it true that after this 12months program, getting a job would be difficult for me since hospital facilities require experienced LVNs before they get hired? Please I need an immediate reply so that it would inform my decision to go ahead or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

58 months ago

From what I hear, new LVNs are not having trouble getting jobs around here in Texas. However, in some areas in the country such as California, it is very difficult for new grads to find employment. I graduated LVN school back in 2006 and had many different choices for employment.

There is always a need for LVNs in long term care and skilled nursing facilities and most will hire new grads. LTC/SNF also pay very well for LVNs - like $18-22+ starting off. You may not be able to start off in a hospital right away but there are plenty of other options for LVNs including what I mentioned above, home health, hospice, and medical offices. Not to mention once you are an LVN it is easier and faster to bridge into RN. While I don't always love my job - I love having the flexibility and security of getting employment just about anywhere I go. $4,500 for 12 months sounds like a great deal - I'd go for it! Good Luck!

kim in dallas tx in dallas, Texas

58 months ago

hi urch im also looking to get into college for lvn if you dont mind me asking what college did you get into and how long did it take you to get in

Urch in Lewisville, Texas

58 months ago

Hello Kim, reach me on ucheanyama@yahoo.com for more info. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.