Im an LVN...dont know where to continue my education???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Btran in Fullerton, California

62 months ago

So i just passed my NCLEX and now I'm officially and LVN. I want to continue my education to hopefully some day become a CRNA. As of right now..i still owe money for my LVN program. So my question is: do you think its worth going to westcoast university and add another loan on top of the one i already owe. The benefit of going to westcoast is that I'll be an RN in a year and a half, but the downfall to that is that westcoast is approx. 60k. I was thinking bout going back to a community college but I feel like it will take quite awhile and they're making me do the assessment tests again since i havent been to a community college for almost 3 yrs already. so i would like your opinion on this to help me further make my decision. thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherri Archie in Indianapolis, Indiana

62 months ago

Btran in Fullerton, California said: So i just passed my NCLEX and now I'm officially and LVN. I want to continue my education to hopefully some day become a CRNA. As of right now..i still owe money for my LVN program. So my question is: do you think its worth going to westcoast university and add another loan on top of the one i already owe. The benefit of going to westcoast is that I'll be an RN in a year and a half, but the downfall to that is that westcoast is approx. 60k. I was thinking bout going back to a community college but I feel like it will take quite awhile and they're making me do the assessment tests

I completed an LPN program at Galen College of Nursing in Louisville KY. Of course there were no general education courses so I had to start from scratch on my RN. Kentucky takes both the Associates degree from Excelsior and the LPN to RN Bachelors through Indiana State University , but I chose the Excelsior College program because I had no college credit to transfer in.

I really like it because the study materials I have from the College Network are more condensed and I don’t have to read an actual text book. The girl I spoke with at the College network went over all my options. It wasn’t a high pitched pressure sale. She gave me the information and I researched and called her back.

I have LPN friends who are going directly through Excelsior and they are really struggling. Plus when they get ready to test, they have to wait to come up with the test fee. The College Network pays my test fees for me when I’m ready to test.

I guess it just depends on individual preference. This works for me. I can’t afford to wait for the community college to let me in or not work and go to school full time. TCN sends you all the material you need & you work at your own pace.

Sherri Archie in Indianapolis, Indiana

62 months ago

I completed an LPN program at Galen College of Nursing in Louisville KY. Of course there were no general education courses so I had to start from scratch on my RN. Kentucky takes both the Associates degree from Excelsior and the LPN to RN Bachelors through Indiana State University , but I chose the Excelsior College program because I had no college credit to transfer in.

I really like it because the study materials I have from the College Network are more condensed and I don’t have to read an actual text book. The girl I spoke with at the College network went over all my options. It wasn’t a high pitched pressure sale. She gave me the information and I researched and called her back.

I have LPN friends who are going directly through Excelsior and they are really struggling. Plus when they get ready to test, they have to wait to come up with the test fee. The College Network pays my test fees for me when I’m ready to test.

I guess it just depends on individual preference. This works for me. I can’t afford to wait for the community college to let me in or not work and go to school full time. TCN sends you all the material you need & you work at your own pace.

Rhe in San Marcos, California

61 months ago

alot of schools in CA offer LVN to RN programs through community colleges... several of them also require you have pre-reqs for the RN program, and possibly 6 months to a year work experience, but if you have those out of the way alot of the time you will get put higher on the waiting list, and sometimes no wait at all. try looking up "LVN to RN step up programs in California" and you should get several results

ria in Steubenville, Ohio

60 months ago

Btran in Fullerton, California said: So i just passed my NCLEX and now I'm officially and LVN. I want to continue my education to hopefully some day become a CRNA. As of right now..i still owe money for my LVN program. So my question is: do you think its worth going to westcoast university and add another loan on top of the one i already owe. The benefit of going to westcoast is that I'll be an RN in a year and a half, but the downfall to that is that westcoast is approx. 60k. I was thinking bout going back to a community college but I feel like it will take quite awhile and they're making me do the assessment tests again since i havent been to a community college for almost 3 yrs already. so i would like your opinion on this to help me further make my decision. thank you in advance.

wht type of questions u had in n-clex?

tracy hunt in Roxie, Mississippi

55 months ago

Sherri Archie in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I completed an LPN program at Galen College of Nursing in Louisville KY. Of course there were no general education courses so I had to start from scratch on my RN. Kentucky takes both the Associates degree from Excelsior and the LPN to RN Bachelors through Indiana State University , but I chose the Excelsior College program because I had no college credit to transfer in.

Hey, My name is Tracy Hunt and I live in Roxie Mississippi.
Thank you for the information you have posted. I completed my LPN program 2004. I want to continue my education, but like you, I can't afford not to work and go to school full time and I can't wait any longer for a community college to let me in. I want to go from LPN to RN. Can you please tell me more about the program. How do I get started? How can I get in touch with them? Do they allow credit from other colleges? How and where do I take test? Where do I complete clinical? PLEASE HELP! READY TO GET STARTED

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.