LPN in limbo, need advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Queen in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

Hello,

My husband just completed his pre-nursing core coursework for the LPN program. Our understanding is he has to get accepted into the next phase. His school is so competitive that 2 admission cycles later he is still waiting to be accepted. He has a 3.6 and made above average scores on his test. I'm at a loss for what advice to give him. Is this normal? Should he have picked a different school? Should he apply to several different programs? Neither of us knew it would be this complicated. I thought he could just take the courses, sit for the final exam and become an LPN. Now we are wondering how long we will have to wait so he continue to the next phase of the program. Any advice would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

51 months ago

Every nursing program has an application process. However some are more competitive than others. In my area it is fairly easy to get accepted into the trade schools and more competitive to get into a community college. The difference in price is about 3-4 times more at the trade school. With the economy now, more people than ever are turning to the medical professions for more stability. I'm sorry you didn't realize the process does not include a guaranteed spot into the nursing program. However it sounds like he has a high GPA and good scores on the entrance test so hopefully he will get in. He could try applying to other schools and/or continue taking prerequisites maybe for an RN program while he is waiting to get in. If he doesn't have his CNA cert. yet he could get it and start working if he has to wait. He will get some good experience and possibly help him get a job when he graduates nursing school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.