LVN school in Ft Worth?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 75 of 75)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas

49 months ago

Dawn said: Does Universal offer more than one start date a year? I was just on their website and the application date has come and gone for the fall program. Do they have another program that starts late fall or spring?

Jan 4, 2011, deadline for this class is 9/30/2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LVNNOV2010 in Arlington, Texas

49 months ago

Universal has a class starting in January 2011. Yes, you will need yo get a private loan. This is a fabulous program.

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas

49 months ago

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

McKinney33 in McKinney, Texas

48 months ago

I have an appt with DNI tuesday. I'm excited just concerned. I did look into Concord they wanted 500.00 upfront to reserve a seat in the Sept. program. From what I gathered DNI is asking for the same? I am a stay @ home mom. My husband is struggling to put food on the table. Does anyone know how to come up w 500.00 fee? I'm open to suggestions. I am going to talk to the financial aid dept to see if there is an emergency loan til I get my aid in. Help!!!!

KAT in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

billionheir in Carrollton, Texas said: when you say private loans what do you mean ??? banks, credit unions etc????

Yes, from what I understand they are not qualified for federal student loans or grants. That is probably be why their tuition is significantly lower than the other schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bsantos in Bedford, Texas

46 months ago

TCC is not hard to get into if you have all the pre-reqs done and everything completed they ask. Make sure your app is 100% complete and you should have no prob getting in. I got in the first attempt with 3.7 gpa and took the THEA. That's all you have to do. They began letting in 150 students per semester. They want everyone to attend the school. The skills are not difficult but lecture and exams are a bugger. I barely passed and I average A's and B's on exams. Its all about critical thinking, not knowledge based stuff. Big difference!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EASYAS123 in Bedford, Texas

46 months ago

If you have all the prereqs for LVN, why not attend an RN program instead unless you have issues that prevent you from practicing as an RN through the BON. The average tuition for TCC is 8000.00 and that includes absolutely everything. I would never pay any higher than that for a nursing ADN or LVN program. There are sooo many grants for nursing, you just have to apply for them. They want you to apply for as many as you can. The money is available. Financial aid is also available and easy to apply for. Go to the federal aid web site and just fill it out. You get results quick. If you have trouble, the school has all the details. You should go to TCC's website and find everything you need including a list of all the grants available. Its not difficult at all!!!! Just take the time to do it.

KAT in Arlington, Texas

46 months ago

EASYAS123 in Bedford, Texas said: If you have all the prereqs for LVN, why not attend an RN program instead unless you have issues that prevent you from practicing as an RN through the BON. The average tuition for TCC is 8000.00 and that includes absolutely everything. I would never pay any higher than that for a nursing ADN or LVN program. There are sooo many grants for nursing, you just have to apply for them. They want you to apply for as many as you can. The money is available. Financial aid is also available and easy to apply for. Go to the federal aid web site and just fill it out. You get results quick. If you have trouble, the school has all the details. You should go to TCC's website and find everything you need including a list of all the grants available. Its not difficult at all!!!! Just take the time to do it.

Most LVN programs don't have prereqs. The moral/ethical standards for getting licensed as a LVN and RN are the same by the way.

Sexy Nurse in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

MARI in Fort Worth, Texas said: Can i first get an associates degree RN (ADN) then continue on with my education and get my bachelors degree? or are they different?

Yes you def can, I have heard that's the way to go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

quincys mother in Abilene, Texas

41 months ago

Kat in Arlington, Texas said: I didn't find most of the material super challenging but you do receive a lot of info crammed into a short amount of time so that does make it very intense. I managed to get a 4.0 GPA overall and I've never been a straight A student before. After level one we do clinicals 2-3 fulldays a week plus classroom on the other days. You'll go to a nursing home, acute care hospital, and rehab-med/surg hospital. Concorde is not hard to get into. The main qualifying factors #1: Can you pass the NET with a high enough score? (which is not very hard at all if you are fairly intelligent and understand the English language) and #2: Can you pay for it? (such as qualifying for loans and grants).

Kat, did you know anyone in the Concorde program that went to school part time and worked full time? I have been talking to Concorde back and forth for a few years now, I was working with a lady named Jennifer that worked that, she was very helpful and positive but now there is a guy i am working with, he is very pushy and hasnt been very positive about me needing to work and go to school. Just wanted to know what your input.

Patti in Hurst, Texas

41 months ago

Universal School of Vocational Education is in Fort Worth website shows dates for 2010, are they no longer in business and I HEARD Concorde is not an accredited school....that is is hard to find a job after graduating from there, anyone have a thought???

carlatay in Fort Worth, Texas

40 months ago

Shari in Fort Worth, Texas said: I went to Concorde and graduated in Dec. 2006. I went the evening / weekend schedule which is a 18 month program. Day program is a year. Tuition was $18,500 when I started, but heard it was around $20,000 when I graduated. I haven't started working as a nurse but LVNs make $18-$20 to start, depending on facility / shift. You can take your RN after a year if you've completed required classes (on-line). Your employer may pay for your RN classes too. I've been wanting to be a nurse since my twenties. I just turned 43. Sometimes, it's the only way to get there. If you are just interested in the pay, it's not worth it. It is hard work.

want to know if concord was hard ive been a cna for over 20yrs

carlatay in Fort Worth, Texas

40 months ago

want to know if concord is had ive been a cna for over 20yrs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

VANDA in Grand Prairie, Texas

39 months ago

I am currently on the alternate list for Navarro College LVN program. I am now looking into other options such as Concorde Career institute or Universal Health Services in Ft. Worth. Can anyone give some insight on these schools? I would like to go through the WIA program to receive funding for these schools, but it's a struggle trying to go through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

VANDA in Grand Prairie, Texas

39 months ago

LVNNOV2010 in Arlington, Texas said: Universal School of Vocational Education is in Fort Worth and they have a fabulous LVN program. The school is new, but fully accredited by the state board of nursing. The cost of the program is $19,500. This fee includes all of you supplies, nclex testing fees, fingerprinting for the state. The only drawback is that there is no financial aid. The program is 44 weeks, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday evening 6pm-10:30pm, and every saturday and sunday ( time of class on weekend will vary depending on clinical sites). This class is really great if you need to work while in school and it is fast paced...10 1/2 months and you are done. Hope this is helpful.

Is the Universal Health Services in Ft. Worth have a waiting list? Do you attend this school and if so, does the classes have IV certification? I would like to know if the classes are daily or a few times a week.

lu in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

i went to concorde in 2001 when it was still extended health education. they do offer a lvn cert, and i passed nclex first time.BUT, they overcharge, play games and are generally unprofessional.yes i know for sure, as last year we had concorde students at my facility.after speaking with them i said, at least they are consistent, lol!for example, no other reputable schools force you to buy books from them.concorde wanted to kick me out for buying mine on my own.they were charging 600 for books, and i got mine at majors for 200.they were mad, called me in to the office, etc.next week a sign was posted in the office "ALL TEXTBOOKS MUST BE PURCHASED HERE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND CLASS." it went downhill from there. if you have ANY choice, i would go to weatherford college, hill college, both of which have nice LVN programs.i am currently there getting my RN transition done.and my tuition was just over 800.concorde is charging 25,000, and universay is charging 19,000 i believe.point is, research!youre doing great by asking people.there are options, and if i had known mine, i would not have gone to concorde.and i wouldnt still have student loans out, lol! cheers-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patti in North Richland Hills, Texas

34 months ago

thank you so much for your response....I really do appreciate your advise and definitely not going to attend Concorde...lol

lu in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

hey no problem..if i may offer one more bit of advice..this was very helpful to me over the years.when you enroll in a class get the book list with titles and isbn numbers asap.then go on to half.com or another used book site, and get your books 50-75 % off of new.if you want to take the frugality one step further, you can actually go one edition back *example, my program is using medical-surgical nursing, eight edition. i bought edition 7 for 3 bucks on half.com and am holding an A average.the books dont change much from one ed to the next, so there ya go! good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lu in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

carlatay in Fort Worth, Texas said: want to know if concord is had ive been a cna for over 20yrs

hey if you are a cna, you can be an lvn. you just have to get used to reading for extended periods of time.you can break it up, and everyone has different study habits, you have to figure out what works for you. you can do it, dont get discouraged. i would try navarro college, hill college or weatherford. good luck to you!

Pat in Grand Prairie, Texas

32 months ago

Pls let me know where Navarro and hill college are. Do u have there full contact address. What is the name of the school in weatherford.

neg in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Pat in Grand Prairie, Texas said: Pls let me know where Navarro and hill college are. Do u have there full contact address. What is the name of the school in weatherford.

hill college has 2 campuses, one in cleburne, one in hillsboro. cleburne is 2112 mayfield parkway, cleburne, tx. not sure of the addy for hillsboro, but google can find it. good luck!

Dodger80 in Arlington, Texas

30 months ago

I just passed the entry test for Universal and now i understand that they do not offer financial aid or Pell grants ..but can anyone give me a pointer as to how to go about getting this "private student loans" that have been mentioned on here quite often...do i go to my bank or credit union or who? Any USEFUL information is welcome

maria in Forney, Texas

29 months ago

im looking to start LVN program at trinity valley community collage is any body know any thing about it?pls help

KarynRocks in Fort Worth, Texas

29 months ago

I am looking to start my career with a LVN. I am trying to chose where to attend. My choices are Concord (Fort Worth), Hill College (Burleson) and Everest (Fort Worth). Can any of you make an suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BeccaJae in Fort Worth, Texas

14 months ago

I attend Concorde in Arlington. I love my teachers. They are all very helpful and always willing to answer all of our questions during lectures. I would reccommend CCI-Arlington to anyone who wants to pursue an exciting career in the healthcare field.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.