LVN schools in OC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 298)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

LVN at last. in Aliso Viejo, California

79 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: West Coast University in Anaheim offeres and LVN-RN bridge program. Some of the ADN courses are offered online and the others on campus. It is not cheap but it will get you done. I am in my 30th wk of the 80 wk program. If you have some of the courses required you get credited for those. They also have a Los Angeles campus. Good luck

Hello,
I just started the lvn to rn at WCU. How do you like the school? email me with info please. yvonnemmeyer@myway.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ana in Pittsburg, California

78 months ago

hi i looking for a school for lvn to rn near chino hills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Whittier, California

78 months ago

West Coast University, a private LVN-RN school has a campus in Anaheim and a new one opening in the Inland Empire. Go to their website for information, Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Deedee,
I went to an info session @ the WCU Los Angeles campus & yes, it's very very expensive but they made it seem as if I wouldn't be able to get credit for too much & the tuition wouldn't decrease considerably. I've completed most of my pre-reqs but want to be on a 3 yr waiting list for a traditional program.
How's it working for, would you really recommend it?

It is worth it. Bring in your completed transcrips and have then go through each one to see what will be credited prior to the acceptance. I started from scratch but did qualify for some financial aid. It will all be worth it in the end. Some of the students to save money are buy the books from eachother. Every littl bit helpsw. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

diana in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Adult School. Check the website out below. They are accredited so you can transfer your credits to any University or JC to continue your ladder program to an RN.

www.hlpae.org/index2.html

Thanks JoJo, I was thinking of going to a private school but they cost so damn much lol

Angee in Chino Hills, California

78 months ago

ana in Pittsburg, California said: hi i looking for a school for lvn to rn near chino hills.

Hello Ana, Chaffey College offers LVN to RN. The offer all three steps of nursing. The CNA program is held at the Fontana location, the LVN program is held at the Chino location, and the LVN to RN and RN programs are held at the Rancho location. When I travel to Rancho, I take the 60 East, to the
15 North, to the 210 West, exit Haven, turn right and the school is about mile from the fwy. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to the school via that route. Also, Citrus College offers LVN to RN as well and they are located in the city of Covina which is located off the 10 fwy.

jojo in Whittier, California

78 months ago

Hacienda is only 4500 for the course, books and uniforms. They have a high passing rate on the NCLEX too.

78 months ago

jojo in Pico Rivera, California said: But isn't ACA only for VN and not LVN, or how does that work?

You are a VN when you graduate to become an LVN at any school, you have to pass the state boards to get your license. Hence, vocational nurse VN, Licensed vocational nurse LVN.

Deedee in Norwalk, California

78 months ago

HI, sorry to say but the programs at community colleges are very difficult to get in. The competition for positions due to lack of instructors is a lottery system specified by the Chancellor of Education. For me the private LVN-RN program was the way to go. Just an entrance exam and applying for financial aid and I was in. Just make sure your private school is accredited by the Board of Nursing or you will have to repeat courses before you are allowed to take your state boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Deedee in Norwalk, California said: HI, sorry to say but the programs at community colleges are very difficult to get in. The competition for positions due to lack of instructors is a lottery system specified by the Chancellor of Education. For me the private LVN-RN program was the way to go. Just an entrance exam and applying for financial aid and I was in. Just make sure your private school is accredited by the Board of Nursing or you will have to repeat courses before you are allowed to take your state boards.

Hacienda is part of the Unified School District HLPAE fully accredited. you just have to do the entrance exam, its a fight to get in but if your smart and know your reading/writing and math then you should be at the top of the list. Check them out online. www.hlpae.org/

Yvonne in Aliso Viejo, California

78 months ago

Hi, I started from scratch at WCU. It is worth the money, even if you don't get any financial aide (like me). Come and join the WCU nurses!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

jojo in Whittier, California said: Hacienda is only 4500 for the course, books and uniforms. They have a high passing rate on the NCLEX too.

Hello JoJo...haven't commented with you in a while. I have decided to take the test at HLPAE for both LVN and PT (after my research, I have found that PTs too, have interesting careers as well) programs. Wish me luck!!! :-D

jojo in La Habra, California

78 months ago

cool! maybe i will see you on campus. I am in room 24 now for the rest of the year. GOOD LUCK!

BMartinez in Pasadena, California

78 months ago

I read the thread. I am also interested in an LVN program, but the ones I have seen are all courses during the day. Does anyone know of any evening programs? Someone told me about a school in Whittier that has evening programs, but she would not release the name of the school. Any idea? Thanx!

78 months ago

BMartinez in Pasadena, California said: I read the thread. I am also interested in an LVN program, but the ones I have seen are all courses during the day. Does anyone know of any evening programs? Someone told me about a school in Whittier that has evening programs, but she would not release the name of the school. Any idea? Thanx!

Hello, I went to the BVNPT California Accredited School website: www.bvnpt.ca.gov/Education/Schools/VN_Schools.asp
...and I found two schools located in Whittier on the list. One is a junior college and the other is a private school. Here is the private school information:
Center of Education and Technology
13601 E. Whittier Blvd. #500
Whittier, CA 90605
(562) 907-1076
Fax (562) 907-4317

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BMartinez in Pasadena, California

78 months ago

Thank you! Thank You! Will look into that. I appreciate the quick response.

Andrea in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: West Coast University in Anaheim offeres and LVN-RN bridge program. Some of the ADN courses are offered online and the others on campus. It is not cheap but it will get you done. I am in my 30th wk of the 80 wk program. If you have some of the courses required you get credited for those. They also have a Los Angeles campus. Good luck

hey Deedee...i was thinking of going to west coast university as well...right now i just got accepted into an LVN program in los angeles occupational center and i was wondering if after i complete this program can i go straight to the LVN-RN bridge program or do i need my general education?

JC Bernal in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: ALSO. the private schools are at least 25K for LVN and the school in La Puente is 4500 total. You just need to pass high on the basic assessment testing to get in. You do not have a bill for years to come because you pay as you go.

Can you please tell me the name of the school in La Puente that costs $4500. Thank you.

77 months ago

www.hlpae.org/descriptions/health_careers/vocational_nurse_LVN.htm

Its the willow campus. I am attending now. I am in the 2nd semester. The credits are accredited and will transfer to any college along with the clinical hours.

77 months ago

Thanks for the prompt reply. I scheduled an appointment to take the test in a couple of weeks. Can you remember if the math portion went up to or beyond algebra 1?

77 months ago

Your welcome. Study basic math up to algebra, reading and comprehension, synonyms, antonyms and basic english comprehension. If you score high your in. Then you go to a 5 week every monday OR thursday 3 hour PREVN class which is a sifter basically. You take more tests do a speech and if you score HIGH then you are officially in. Then you take fundamentals for 5 weeks which you have to pass as well. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

77 months ago

I greatly appreciate the advice.

kelly in Fresno, California

77 months ago

i dnt knw wat to do,, im really upset,my counsler told to enrold direct in RN prog....bt sm other ppl said its hard,,coz in RN prog. will b long waiting list..so i dnt knw i go in RN or LVN.PLZZZZZ HELP ME

jojo in Anaheim, California

77 months ago

It really doesn't matter. LVN is considered the 1st year of RN. Once you get your LVN license and you have a nice GPA you get in quicker to the RN program and only have a year left.

77 months ago

Do what you feel is right for you at this stage in your life. Be careful, many schools are restricting how many LVN-RN students they will accept and many have added additional pre-reqs. to their lists so it can be applied to your A.S. degree. Being an LVN is great and it is a start but if you want to learn more, earn more and have a larger scope of practice the becoming an RN is the way to go. Good luck

77 months ago

Angee in Chino Hills, California said: Hello Ana, Chaffey College offers LVN to RN. The offer all three steps of nursing. The CNA program is held at the Fontana location, the LVN program is held at the Chino location, and the LVN to RN and RN programs are held at the Rancho location. When I travel to Rancho, I take the 60 East, to the
15 North, to the 210 West, exit Haven, turn right and the school is about mile from the fwy. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to the school via that route. Also, Citrus College offers LVN to RN as well and they are located in the city of Covina which is located off the 10 fwy.

Many junior colleges offer LVN-RN programs but it is difficult to get in. They have added very strict guidlines for entrance and that is in addition to the over crowded lists they have for generic RN students. I got tired of waiting so the private LVN-RN program was the best way to go for me. Good luck.

77 months ago

Andrea in Los Angeles, California said: hey Deedee...i was thinking of going to west coast university as well...right now i just got accepted into an LVN program in los angeles occupational center and i was wondering if after i complete this program can i go straight to the LVN-RN bridge program or do i need my general education?

The first part of the LVN-RN program at WCU is equal to all your general education you will need for your associates degree. If you have some of these classes already they will evaluate and give you credit for them. The program sessions are fast pased and ten weeks long each, during the day and early evening depending on what course you are in. They say you can do it in as little as eighteen months but some students because of work take a little longer. Call the school for further info and speak to Christina Downey the director of admissions. I am not going to lie, it is expensive but well worth it. Good luck.

77 months ago

Gayle said: anyone know of classes online for LVN to RN? Any that California will accept? I need to get this done and campuses are so impacted and hard to get into(NURSING SCHOOLS). suegleee@aol.com

Thre is WCU. You can do many of their general education courses on line but eventually you have to attend some on campus (they have three campuses now) like the science courses. Once that is complete you get in to the nursing part of the courses. All you need is your LVN and pass an entrance exam. Good luck.

77 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: Try (800)39-learn, www.college-net.com . They came to our school to recruit us after we are done with the LVN course. It may be expensive though. Indiana State University (The college network). Good luck.

Don't do the college network. That was my first choice and it was a bad one. They sign you up for a loan that pays for your study guides in the courses. Send you all the info and offer to help you but basically you are on your own. You take the tests (out of pocket)with only study guides you have read. When you are ready for your clinical you pay out of pocket and just go. You are on your own. I tried calling for assistance but they were terrible and rude on the phone. In addition they have added more to their program because of strict guidelines added. I filed a complaint but nothing was done. Best bet is to do a private LVN-RN with partial online courses or a traditional school. Good luck.

77 months ago

Angee in Chino Hills, California said: I am not sure if you will be able to locate an on-line LVN course. I have been searching for all available LVN courses in the state of California for the past year and a half...and what I have found in my research are LVN courses held at private schools (which are truly a rip off!), junior colleges, adult schools, and ROPs (which are the better choices in regards to cost).

There are no LVN courses online. You must attend an on campus course first. You stated in your post you have been searching for one for over a year? You could have been done with a VN program by now. Once you have your LVN you can look for a bridge LVN-RN program, many are partial online. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: There are no LVN courses online. You must attend an on campus course first. You stated in your post you have been searching for one for over a year? You could have been done with a VN program by now. Once you have your LVN you can look for a bridge LVN-RN program, many are partial online. Good luck.

If you noticed, this was a reply to a question sometime ago. But to answer your question, I did this research while I was obtaining my CNA license and now I am at Chaffey College finishing up my pre-reqs for the LVN program.

77 months ago

I did not mean to make it seem like I was putting you down. Sorry if you took it that way.

kelly in Fresno, California

77 months ago

so u think i first i hve to finshe my LVN pro..nd then hve to take RN.or i have to finish my Accociate degree first.....plzzzzz

Deedee in Norwalk, California

77 months ago

It is up to you what you want to do first. To save money you can do some of the Associate courses at a community college but make sure they are transferable. Most English, Algebra, Psych and Sociology courses are. If you rather you can do all as part of your LVN-RN program it is just going to cost you more but you will get done faster than at a J.C.

jojo in Fullerton, California

77 months ago

You can get your ASN or just a certificate for RN at a junior college. You can go straight to the RN program by completing their pre reqs 1st then waiting. OR you can take the LVN course, the pre reqs then wait to get in a little bit quicker.

My advice to ALL that are confused is to make an appt at ANY Junior college in your area with a counselor and they will advise you as to what you need to do. Its free so why fret online and get a million opinions when you can get the truth from a professional? I did and now I am straight. Good luck soon to be nurses =)

cccc in Palmdale, California

77 months ago

Hi Jojo I recently took the entrance test at HLPAE and I'm not feeling too confident because of the competition, but I gave it my best shot. I was just wondering how strict are they with eliminating people during the preVN classes and if students drop out of the actual program by will, or if they have that you know of

jojo in Buena Park, California

77 months ago

They take about 100 to prevn, then they eliminate until they have 30 for the class. All you have to do is score TOP, its real easy, you just have to study what she gives you and make it your life and you will get in. You can take the entrance test over and over until you score higher and they will take your top scores. We had about 4 drop after making it in because they couldn't handle the heat, the teachers are VERY strict and sometimes grumpy... mostly in 1st semester. They also have standbys which are people who score high but didn't quit make it and if people don't make it in fundamentals (5 weeks) they take the stand bys.

Hieu in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

Hi Deedee
Could you please tell me about LVN-to-RN program at WCU. I'm very interested in taking the program but I need more info about the school, tuition, course. Please send me an email at hieucali123@yahoo.com
Thank you very much.

Deedee in Whittier, California said: There are no LVN courses online. You must attend an on campus course first. You stated in your post you have been searching for one for over a year? You could have been done with a VN program by now. Once you have your LVN you can look for a bridge LVN-RN program, many are partial online. Good luck.

77 months ago

You can contact the school at www.westcoastuniversity.com. They will set you up an appointment for information. Christine at the Anaheim campus is great and goes through it all. Ask questions and realize that this is a very fast paced LVN-RN program. Each course is ten weeks so there is lots of material to cover. It is demanding but well worth it in the end. Good luck.

Melony in Palmdale, California

77 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: You can contact the school at www.westcoastuniversity.com . They will set you up an appointment for information. Christine at the Anaheim campus is great and goes through it all. Ask questions and realize that this is a very fast paced LVN-RN program. Each course is ten weeks so there is lots of material to cover. It is demanding but well worth it in the end. Good luck.

Deedee,
I am sure you are busy but I wanted to thank you for the patience you have on this board as well as the advice! ;o)

Hieu in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

Thank you for your reply. I heard that the tuition fee for the LVN-RN program is $63000 which is pretty high. I already compeleted the General Education Classes; so do they reduce the cost ? the tuition fee is calculated by unit or by course ? the websites shows the list of 73 units to finish LVN-RN Program (included 34 unit G.E Classes)
Thank you very much Deedee

Deedee in Whittier, California said: You can contact the school at
www.westcoastuniversity.com . They will set you up an appointment for information. Christine at the Anaheim campus is great and goes through it all. Ask questions and realize that this is a very fast paced LVN-RN program. Each course is ten weeks so there is lots of material to cover. It is demanding but well worth it in the end. Good luck.

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California

76 months ago

I suggest you enroll into a LVN program first there is LVN progam out there that is 4,000. After that you can take a bridge program from a LVN to an RN its a lot quicker .

Iwant2behappy in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

LVN at Concorde is $31,018.82

76 months ago

Can someone tell me if the LVN program at Concorde is good or not? Thank you.

76 months ago

not really if you look at their passing rate their average is 50% to 80% passing average

76 months ago

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California said: not really if you look at their passing rate their average is 50% to 80% passing average

Really? Do you know any good LVN school at a private institute?

Needs help

76 months ago

I went to American Career College in LA and talked to them about their LVN program at night.. They were really nice and helpful and I loved the school but it costs 32,000... I found another school called Angeles College of Nursing thats 22,000.. Im going to the school on Monday to talk with them.. I know it would be alot cheaper to go to an adult school but none have night classes and thats what I need cause I work full time and I am a single mother... Can anyone give me any feedback about the two schools?

76 months ago

no there are adults school that have nigh LVN classes. You just have to look for it. Here are some other college you might want to check out, CNI, Concorde, i know theres more LVN SChool in los angeles. itself

miyon in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

Needs help said: I went to American Career College in LA and talked to them about their LVN program at night.. They were really nice and helpful and I loved the school but it costs 32,000... I found another school called Angeles College of Nursing thats 22,000.. Im going to the school on Monday to talk with them.. I know it would be alot cheaper to go to an adult school but none have night classes and thats what I need cause I work full time and I am a single mother... Can anyone give me any feedback about the two schools?

I am going to angeles college, you are right it is 22,000..IF you have any questions you can email me at miyonyi@msn.com id be glad to help you with any questions

76 months ago

sorry i havent heard of pacific college

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.