LVN schools in OC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 298)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California

76 months ago

Does anyone know a school for Phlebotomy that is a descent price in Orange county Ca, or los angeles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BByNat in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

would it be better to go through ROP for lvn or to a college like west coast, everest or american career college for it? and has anyone done either program. my goal is to become an RN. if anyone can get give mee feedback. i'd appreciate it. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

ROP is the cheapest way to go, if you are taking LVN in North ROP you have to earn certain amount of points, take the entrance exam, take a LVN prep class than you take the acutal LVN class. The only issue i didn't like was that you have to have certain amount of points to take the course which i think is crazy if you want to just take course already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

alicia in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: ALSO. the private schools are at least 25K for LVN and the school in La Puente is 4500 total. You just need to pass high on the basic assessment testing to get in. You do not have a bill for years to come because you pay as you go.

Hi what the name of that school? Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dima in Huntington Beach, California

75 months ago

Does anyone have an opinion regarding the LVN program at CNI in Orange? Do they have a high NCLEX passing rate?

75 months ago

check under www.bvnpt.ca.gov on this website you will see a passing rate for most of the school in california and it's not pretty.
Check it out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dunwithLVN in El Segundo, California

75 months ago

i went to american career college in anaheim...we just finished few weeks ago..i liked that school...its a bit expensive but it was worth it...they get you prepared for the nclex and their passing rate is high (in the 90s)

75 months ago

i've checked thier passing rates under california government and its not on the 90's. Plus with the economy not being so good your 25,000 will cost you 30 to 35,000 because of high percentage rate. Their are adults school for LVN for only 3,000 to 5,000. Be wise people do your research

clyde gebauer in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Gayle said: anyone know of classes online for LVN to RN? Any that California will accept? I need to get this done and campuses are so impacted and hard to get into(NURSING SCHOOLS). suegleee@aol.com

or email me at clydegebauer@yahoo.com ido have a acredited degree in ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Norwalk, California

74 months ago

Most if not all LVN-RN programs are offered on campus but there are some who offer a combination. I did most of my general education courses through West Coast University, Anaheim CA online and then you do the rest on campus especially when it is time to do clinical. It is very expensive as most private nursing programs are these days. It is a great program. Be careful some programs offer you all online courses then you take your two week clinical. These are very independent programs and you are basically on your own with no resourses other than a phone call for questions and CA is thinking about not accepting these schools (read it on the RN board website) so be careful what you start. Good luck and do lots of research before you pay for a program.

sheila in Calabasas, California

74 months ago

I need help I tried to go to maric(kaplan) college private school for LVN. Does some one know if I can study for RN after finished my LVN?

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in San Diego, California

74 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

Do you know what the wait is for the LVN? Prereqs? I'm just starting my search and had an eye opener at kaplan today. Thanks

ruth in Brea, California

74 months ago

jojo in La Habra, California said: www.hlpae.org/descriptions/health_careers/vocational_nurse_LVN.htm

Its the willow campus. I am attending now. I am in the 2nd semester. The credits are accredited and will transfer to any college along with the clinical hours.

that's great.I wonder I;m an international student.
can I go to your school? ruth3664@hotmail.com

jojo in Fullerton, California

74 months ago

Go to that website, call the school and try to get more info.

Former Maric College Student in Thousand Palms, California

74 months ago

sheila in Calabasas, California said: I need help I tried to go to maric(kaplan) college private school for LVN. Does some one know if I can study for RN after finished my LVN?

thank you

Stay away from Kaplan aka Maric. Their classes and bad, they lack
educational ethics. That school is just bad, take it from me and
other former students that cannot find jobs in what we went to school
for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Iwant2beRNASAP in Claremont, California

74 months ago

LVN at last. in Aliso Viejo, California said: Hello,
I just started the lvn to rn at WCU. How do you like the school? email me with info please. yvonnemmeyer@myway.com

How much does it cause you for that program? Also I'd already completed my pre-req. Do you have any idea how much will it cost me if I go to WCU for LVN-RN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

judy in West Covina, California

73 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: West Coast University in Anaheim offeres and LVN-RN bridge program. Some of the ADN courses are offered online and the others on campus. It is not cheap but it will get you done. I am in my 30th wk of the 80 wk program. If you have some of the courses required you get credited for those. They also have a Los Angeles campus. Good luck

is that school really hard? i heard it was.

judy in West Covina, California

73 months ago

is that school hard? i heard it was.

SMITHS88 in West Covina, California

73 months ago

Does anyone know what hospitals offer to pay for your rn program as long as you sign a contract with them as a lvn? I live near West Covina cal but I don't mind traveling.

SMITHS88 in West Covina, California

73 months ago

dunwithLVN in El Segundo, California said: i went to american career college in anaheim...we just finished few weeks ago..i liked that school...its a bit expensive but it was worth it...they get you prepared for the nclex and their passing rate is high (in the 90s)

is this school hard? i heard it really is.

diaenortmann in Long Beach, California

73 months ago

judy in West Covina, California said: is that school really hard? i heard it was.

It is very fast paced, but most of the class at least passes the tests. Clinicls (on site) start after the sixth week. All and all I consider it a well organized school with infinate resources for those of us (me) who need extra help.

73 months ago

It is a very fast paced program. Each course is only 10 weeks so you have to keep up. The first 40 weeks equals your Associates Degree the second is your nursing concepts and there are many tests, but it is all worth it in the end.

73 months ago

Sadly, not many and I don't know of any. Kaiser use to but these days it is very difficult to get a job as an LVN in a hospital.

jojo in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

Try Little Company of Mary in Torrance, CA

nadine in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

helpfull info:

LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (LVN) TRAINING

(Basic Medical Academics course if HIGHLY recommended)
The San Bernardino Adult School offers an 20 month training program to prepare students to become Licensed Vocational Nurses. This year-round program incorporates classroom academics and clinical practice activities at local hospitals in preparation for the NCLEX licensure exam. Applicants must be high school graduates or have a GED certificate. Students take the program on an "Apprenticeship" basis and must be employed 32 hours per week as a nurse assistant or medical assistant throughout the program.

Applications are available in the Adult School office or Medical Education office beginning next Winter for the new class scheduled to begin in Spring of 2008.
Supply Fee $75, Malpractice Insurance Fee $8, Approximate text cost fee: $1,200, plus uniforms, name tags, Student ID card, Shoulder patch

Deedee in Downey, California

72 months ago

There is no specific percentage that you qualify for. It is all on an individual basis and is based on your income and need. The rest you will have to eithr pay out of pocket or apply for a student loan, which is usually very low interest. The financial department at the school will talk to your first about it before you agree to the program. You have a choice whether you want to accept it or not. Good luck.

sddave in San Diego, California

72 months ago

Thanks! I was concerned about qualifying for a student loan
because I got caught up in the whole housing crisis and torched
my credit...we will see

Deedee in Downey, California

72 months ago

You would be surprised. We had many students in similar situations that qualified for help. It is more for the loans that they look at your credit history. Good luck.

Simoni Laguna in Kerman, California

72 months ago

pete in Fresno, California said: thanks everyone... i have been waiting for almost 2 years to get into an RN program here in fresno. i'm done with all my AA requirements all i need is the program but then it's just so hard to get into. i'm probably going to try to do the lvn program and then move my way up eventually to a practitioner. thanks to all. i live in fresno but then if there is a lvn program that is a year only then i'd be willing to relocate. anywhere close to santa ana would be nice. if you know of any please let me know. if there are any RN programs available it would be even better.

Hey I just found this website and im not sure if you checked fresno adult school for LVN there free too they just got a grant

Brenda in West Covina, California

72 months ago

michelby1 in Los Angeles, California said: i am thinking of attending pacific college lvn program has anyone heard anything about this program?

Hello Michel,

I'm thinking of going to the same school.
have you got any info?

Thanks Brenda

michelby1 in Canyon Country, California

72 months ago

I have been attending pacific college since oct. and I think its great so far. I have no complaints or regrets. I am doing the night and weekend classes very demanding.

72 months ago

HELPFULL INFO:

I found Preferred college of nursing in carson. They offer the lvn program for 18,500 but you have to get a full loan or break it up in payments for 1 year of part time 18months.

Bernie in Anaheim, California

72 months ago

can you provide the name of the school in Carson please

sddave in San Diego, California

72 months ago

When you say you can get a full loan are you talking
goverment student loan or private loan. I'm wondering
if you can get a student loan for these programs with
bad credit.

tiara in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

jojo in La Habra, California said: www.hlpae.org/descriptions/health_careers/vocational_nurse_LVN.htm

Its the willow campus. I am attending now. I am in the 2nd semester. The credits are accredited and will transfer to any college along with the clinical hours.

Hello,

i was wondering, how was the assessment test?? i called and said i had to take the assessment test first, and would like to know what to expect..any reply would be very much appreciated..

Cecilia in Ontario, California

71 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: Check the adult schools. The school that i am attending is Hacienda La Puente Adult School. If they have it there I am sure they should have that program at other Adult schools. Its public and not private.

what is the number to contact hacienda la puente adult school i called 3numebrs at noon and theyre all not answering? do u know when the next start date is for the program and how long it is and how much it costs? thanks :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

meeh in Irvine, California

71 months ago

Madeline in Pomona, California said: Do not go to Summit Career College in Colton or Anaheim. They are on a provisional accreditation and they are filing bankruptcy. Also, they change the program on you in the middle. A lot of people are dropping because it is so unorganized. They also are very secretive. If you want to drop they say you have to speak with the Director of Nursing first and you need an appointment. They give you the run around just to drop which just adds more money to want you owe. They won't even give you your transcripts without paying for them. And if you call the school and inquire about the name of the Nursing Director they ask all types of questions before they give you the name. I was told it was someone name Mr. Smith..yeh right..they pulled that name out of the air. DO NOT GO TO THIS COLLEGE..THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND THE WHOLE PERSONNEL IS RUDE!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! SO If you go you are an idiot!

THIS PERSON IS SOO RIGHT ABOUT THIS SCHOOL, SUMMIT CAREER COLLEGE REALLY SUCKS!!! PLEASE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN LVN SCHOOL DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT THIS COLLEGE, THEY DON'T HELP OUT THE STUDENTS WHICH THEIR SUPPOSED TOO, THE STUDENTS ARE THE ONES WHO IS PAYING THEIR ASSES AND YET THEY STILL DONT GET IT TO THEIR EFFIN HEADS..WASSUP WITH THAT!! SOO, DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO REGRET IT, WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YALL IF YOURE READING THIS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jrx in Aliso Viejo, California

71 months ago

i've gone to every Career college in the south orange county area trying to determine which is best... so far pacific college is looking promising. How is Pacific going so far for you now that its February and you're 5 months into it?

michelby1 in Canyon Country, California

71 months ago

So far pacific college is great .. i have no complaints.... just finished my first term. I'm doing the part time. we have already been out and doing clinicals... there are a lot of reasources and all the staff is nice...and helpful.

BMartinez in Pasadena, California

71 months ago

How are you doing w/the commute?

71 months ago

the name of the school is preferred college of nursing www.pcnla.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in La Mirada, California

71 months ago

What school did you attend for the LVN program?

BERNIE in Cypress, California

71 months ago

I'm looking for a LVN school in california. If anyone knows any school and their tuition as well that would be great.

71 months ago

Anyone Know how much it cost for the LVN in concorde Career college in Garden Grove.

Melody in Garden Grove in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

BERNIE in Cypress, California said: I'm looking for a LVN school in california. If anyone knows any school and their tuition as well that would be great.

concorde in garden grove 31,000. CNI in Santa Ana 31,000. check out ROP North Orange County in Anaheim classes are starting soon.

71 months ago

I did tried ROP and the waiting list goes on and on, so i'm looking into other schools if anyone has more info for other schools and tuitions i would like to know.

Rosa in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

is it pacific coast colloege??

Rosa in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

im looking for LVN school in L.A or near.. i would appreciate any recommendations..

jjrx in Aliso Viejo, California

71 months ago

i will be attending pacific college in april 09 so right around the corner... it seems to be a great school. better than the alternatives. when are you looking to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjrx in Aliso Viejo, California

71 months ago

Rosa in Los Angeles, California said: im looking for LVN school in L.A or near.. i would appreciate any recommendations..

www.pacific-college.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.