LVN schools in OC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 298)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Shawn in Chino Hills, California

68 months ago

SMITHS88 in West Covina, California said: Does anyone know what hospitals offer to pay for your rn program as long as you sign a contract with them as a lvn? I live near West Covina cal but I don't mind traveling.

Riverside Community College has a 20/20 program. Im not sure what hospital they do it with somewhere in moreno valley/temecula area I think. You work 20 hours a week as an lvn and they pay you for 40 while you are in the RN program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Santa Fe Springs, California

68 months ago

L.A. Co.'s RN program offers a program. You have to commit to work for them for two years. Give them a call to find out the details but it is very competative to get in.

Deedee in Santa Fe Springs, California

68 months ago

BERNIE in Cypress, California said: I did tried ROP and the waiting list goes on and on, so i'm looking into other schools if anyone has more info for other schools and tuitions i would like to know.

Your best bet is a private program. No waiting list. You apply, take a test, get financial assistance and you are in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BERNIE in Cypress, California

68 months ago

and what is the name of this school, I dont' mind working for them for 2 yrs. Can you provide me with the name or phone number for the school. If you know the cost of the tuittion as well that would be great.

smiths88 in West Covina, California

68 months ago

thanks for the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bellavanna in Riverside, California

68 months ago

I am currently taking my prerequisites for nursing. Is a better to get a LVN license to get accepted to nearby colleges? Or CNA,phlebotomy ?

joy in Orange, California

68 months ago

jojo in Buena Park, California said: The name of the school is Hacienda La Puente Adult School in La Puente. www.hlpae.org/index2.html . I graduate in December.

do they have LVN-RN bridge?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clydegebauer@college-net.com in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

YES LVN TO BSN YOU THAN SIT FOR YOUR NCLEX AND BECOME AN RN. WHAT SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND BECOUSE I DO TALK AT CONCORD AND CNI AND LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. MORE INFOMATION YOU CAN ASK ME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

clydegebauer@college-net.com in Los Angeles, California said: YES LVN TO BSN YOU THAN SIT FOR YOUR NCLEX AND BECOME AN RN. WHAT SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND BECOUSE I DO TALK AT CONCORD AND CNI AND LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. MORE INFOMATION YOU CAN ASK ME.

im thinking between WCU and CNI. but if i'm going to WCU i think i'll take BSN. all i can get in CNI is LVN. im still looking for good school in orange. btw thx for answer

Deedee in Whittier, California

68 months ago

I am currently at WCU in Anaheim and though it is very fast paced for me it's the best way to go. I am doing the LVN-RN bridge program but I am seriously thinking about going all the way for my BSN. I know it's lots of money but it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck to you.

68 months ago

cool then maybe cya there hehe. yea if im going to WCU it's gonna be 3 years for 120,000(ouch!!). but worth in the end. thx good luck to u too

68 months ago

Think of it this way, if you were going to a private 4 yr. college that is how much you would be spending anyway and there is no guarantee you will get in to their part of the nursing program. A friend of mines daughter was at CSLB and did all her gen. ed. but there was no room in the nursing part of the program so she was told to wait. She transfered to WCU. She is almost done. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: Think of it this way, if you were going to a private 4 yr. college that is how much you would be spending anyway and there is no guarantee you will get in to their part of the nursing program. A friend of mines daughter was at CSLB and did all her gen. ed. but there was no room in the nursing part of the program so she was told to wait. She transfered to WCU. She is almost done. Good luck.

thank you, good luck to you too

Kandy in Upland, California

68 months ago

jojo in Buena Park, California said: The name of the school is Hacienda La Puente Adult School in La Puente. www.hlpae.org/index2.html . I graduate in December.

How was the program at hacienda. I got accepted to the preVN, and was wondering what to expect in that 5 day class? Also where is all the clinical going to be at? Can you give me an inside scope of their program?

Thanks,

Kandy

ubell2009 in Plumas Lake, California

67 months ago

Kandy in Upland, California said: How was the program at hacienda. I got accepted to the preVN, and was wondering what to expect in that 5 day class? Also where is all the clinical going to be at? Can you give me an inside scope of their program?

Thanks,

Kandy

Wanted to know how long from the testing did they accept you in the PreVN. When does the next set of preVn start. interested in applying.

common sense in Rancho Cucamonga, California

67 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: I am currently at WCU in Anaheim and though it is very fast paced for me it's the best way to go. I am doing the LVN-RN bridge program but I am seriously thinking about going all the way for my BSN. I know it's lots of money but it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck to you.

I don't know how many times people have been telling you people this about having a BSN in nursing. If you are trying to get management/teaching/specialty nursing field then its fine to get an BSN degree. BUT if you're going to be a staff RN ( bedside/floor) the pay is the same as any RN with an ADN ( associate degree Nursing )degree.

So please pass this info down to anyone looking to get an BSN degree in nursing !

67 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: Hello, its basic math to pre-algebra, reading and comp, and a test that is kind of like the IQ test, spelling, acronyms/synonyms. Its about 4 hours long and they hold it once a week. The next class starts in January, the PRE VN is in I think Aug. You have to score very high because they have hundreds of people taking the test, then they send about 100 letters out for the PRE VN of those who scored the highest, out of the 100 only 30 get selected twice a year. I would suggest brushing up. You want to get 12th grade and higher on your scores. Most people get 10th grade level believe it or not. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I would go and take the test now so you can be at the top of the list for high scoring.

IQ test? LOL ... For crying out loud ! Its basic high school 10th grade level assessment test ! If you're not a high school dropped out, then the test is a piece of cake ! So much for the IQs !

67 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

THe prereqs are your science class, i.e Anatomy, Physio, Micro, ect.

Bella in Riverside, California

67 months ago

But also add if they want to continue their education up the ladder to be a nurse practitioner or a nurse anesthesist or perhaps teach then its probably best to get a bsn. Dont you agree?

Helen in Rancho Cucamonga, California

67 months ago

jojo in Buena Park, California said: They take about 100 to prevn, then they eliminate until they have 30 for the class. All you have to do is score TOP, its real easy, you just have to study what she gives you and make it your life and you will get in. You can take the entrance test over and over until you score higher and they will take your top scores. We had about 4 drop after making it in because they couldn't handle the heat, the teachers are VERY strict and sometimes grumpy... mostly in 1st semester. They also have standbys which are people who score high but didn't quit make it and if people don't make it in fundamentals (5 weeks) they take the stand bys.

Can you tell me a little more about the preVN program? What do they make you study during those 4 Mondays? I got accepted to the PreVN, but was hoping you can let me know what they will be teaching, so that I can prepare myself.

Helen in Rancho Cucamonga, California

67 months ago

Can you tell me a little more about the preVN program? What do they make you study during those 4 Mondays? I got accepted to the PreVN at Hacienda , but was hoping you can let me know what they will be teaching, so that I can prepare myself.

Care4life in Cerritos, California

65 months ago

BByNat in Los Angeles, California said: would it be better to go through ROP for lvn or to a college like west coast, everest or american career college for it? and has anyone done either program. my goal is to become an RN. if anyone can get give mee feedback. i'd appreciate it. thanks

Check out this website, www.ripoffreport.com. Type in "Everest College, private college" and it has someone's detailed review of their LVN program.

Thank God for this very helpful website. Great to get people's honest feedback.

Best wishes and God bless ya.

65 months ago

BByNat in Los Angeles, California said: would it be better to go through ROP for lvn or to a college like west coast, everest or american career college for it? and has anyone done either program. my goal is to become an RN. if anyone can get give mee feedback. i'd appreciate it. thanks

Check out this website, www.ripoffreport.com. Type in "Everest College" and there is someone's detailed review of their LVN program.

Best wishes and God bless ya in pursuing your nursing career.

65 months ago

Cheryl in Fullerton, California said: ACC is a very accelerated program. If you can study 7 hours a day, outside of the class time, you would survive. It is very tough and very expensive. Plus, they start with 90 some students and if the class still has 80 by week 6, they take the lowest grades of the class and cut them out of the program. Any test score below 75 is considered an F. There is alot they don't tell you upfront, and if you have $33,000 on the line, it is very stressful. Hope this helps.

Do you know how hard American Career College is on their testing?

jjrx in Costa Mesa, California

65 months ago

Ya i'm a student at Pacific College. Check it out in Costa Mesa. After the financial aid and grants available, it's very affordable, and it's half way to your career as an rn. ROP isn't quite structured as well as a private school, sure it costs money, but you definitely get what you pay for.

jjrx in Costa Mesa, California

65 months ago

For anyone with questions about getting your lvn at a private school, please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, don't be scared about the 20k-30k dollars the school costs, you'll get through and be a whole new person by the end.

nicole in Costa Mesa, California

65 months ago

I will be starting at Pacific College next month. How do you like it? How many students per class and how are the teachers?

65 months ago

If you think the private LVN programs are expensive just wait till you apply for the private RN programs, it's double the cost but probably so well worth it.

jjrx in Laguna Niguel, California

65 months ago

nicole in Costa Mesa, California said: I will be starting at Pacific College next month. How do you like it? How many students per class and how are the teachers?

Thats good to hear! Will you be taking the full time or part-time class in June? The students and teachers are all awesome of course! it becomes a second home that's for sure. There's always help if you need it, and always someone around to give you pointers. the classes are set up clearly and i cant see you regretting your choice, not even for a second. As for the size of the class, mine is 15, your's you'll find out on the first day pretty much, but its definitely not going to be a lecture-hall setup environment, its very interactive and personal.
What made you choose Pacific?

65 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: If you think the private LVN programs are expensive just wait till you apply for the private RN programs, it's double the cost but probably so well worth it.

Ya i've heard Lvn-Rn is runnin around 60k hahahhahaha Ouch! but, what the heck.. you only live once right??

nicole in Costa Mesa, California

65 months ago

I will be taking the full time class. Someone recommended it to me and I went to check it out and I liked it. How far along are you in your class and do you get alot of homework/take test?

65 months ago

i'm 2 months in, part time.. so as far as homework goes you'll have to be telling me what you have to do lol. It's a good pace though. I study at least 3 hours everyday on my own. (and i'm in part time) but my brain is thirsty for this kind of stuff. The tests are Nclex style questions.

nicole in Tustin, California

65 months ago

Have you started to go to the clinical sites yet? If so, how are they? Also, do you know how soon after completing the schooling we take the Nclex exam?

Bureaucracy in Montclair, California

65 months ago

Kandy in Upland, California said: How was the program at hacienda. I got accepted to the preVN, and was wondering what to expect in that 5 day class? Also where is all the clinical going to be at? Can you give me an inside scope of their program?

Thanks,

Kandy

LOL. Good luck with that. I've met people that have been selected to Pre-Lvn 4x but never got picked.

65 months ago

common sense in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: IQ test? LOL ... For crying out loud ! Its basic high school 10th grade level assessment test ! If you're not a high school dropped out, then the test is a piece of cake ! So much for the IQs !

Anyone here ever played in a Free-Roll poker tournament? You have so many students trying to compete. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Helen in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Can you tell me a little more about the preVN program? What do they make you study during those 4 Mondays? I got accepted to the PreVN at Hacienda , but was hoping you can let me know what they will be teaching, so that I can prepare myself.

You will be taking some quizes. You will have to write an essay about yourself and why you're interested in the Nursing field. You will be evaluated by a few instructors. Bottom line is all about medical experiences. I had an AA degree in Natural Science from Mt. SAC. and score the top highest quizes in the Pre Lvn 5 weeks ( meeting every mondays)but didnt get selected. They will only pick mexicans with medical experiences i.e CNA cert, phlebotomist, Medical assistant ect. But remember, these caucasian LVN instructors will pick 99% mexicans over any other race. Most of these Hispanics have GEDs and have 10th grade education! The only chance of being selected if you're a Hispanic with a 10th grade education and many years medical experience and certifications. Kind of remind me of the Fireman race hiring ratio, RIDICULOUS !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angee in Chino Hills, California

65 months ago

Shawn in Chino Hills, California said: Riverside Community College has a 20/20 program. Im not sure what hospital they do it with somewhere in moreno valley/temecula area I think. You work 20 hours a week as an lvn and they pay you for 40 while you are in the RN program.

Here is the information Shawn :-D!

Riverside County Regional Medical Center/RCC 20/20
Program LVN to RN

Here is the link:
agency.governmentjobs.com/riverside/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=67645

Good Luck! :-) !!!!

65 months ago

Deedee in Santa Fe Springs, California said: Your best bet is a private program. No waiting list. You apply, take a test, get financial assistance and you are in.

Totally agree with you here. Also one thing to look out for is the passing percentage rate for the LVN state test. Just becareful in the private colleges you choose because these institutions are in it for the money, it's a business and majority of the private colleges doesn't prepare students enough to pass the State Exam. So do your research on picking a private college , after all its going to be around the 30k benchmark but it is well worth it if you pass the State Exam.

lynngarcia57@yahoo.com in Norwalk, California

65 months ago

I RECENTLY MOVED TO WHITTIER,CA. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LVN SCHOOLS THAT HAVE EVENING CLASSES!

65 months ago

lynngarcia57@yahoo.com in Norwalk, California said: I RECENTLY MOVED TO WHITTIER,CA. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LVN SCHOOLS THAT HAVE EVENING CLASSES!

Pacific College which is a private school....the cost is $26,000.
Here is the link:
www.pacific-college.com/

I have research this myself and I haven't been able to find a community college, adult school, nor a ROP school that provides LVN courses in the evening hours. It only appears that private schools (with the higher cost of course!) provide evening hour courses.

Good luck!

Julie in Fullerton, California

65 months ago

I've been researching for weeks to find a degree program in nursing that offers night classes for us moms that finally realized that we need to get out into the work force but, alas, there are NONE!!
It seems my only options are these incredibly expensive private schools.
Do any of the private schools actually offer degrees? Or is it just certificates of completion andlicensing tests?

Julie in Fullerton, California

65 months ago

Actually what would really be nice is if there were evening classes to become an RN....

65 months ago

Julie in Fullerton, California said: I've been researching for weeks to find a degree program in nursing that offers night classes for us moms that finally realized that we need to get out into the work force but, alas, there are NONE!!
It seems my only options are these incredibly expensive private schools.
Do any of the private schools actually offer degrees? Or is it just certificates of completion andlicensing tests?

In an email i rec'd from Pacific College admission office, they will be offering a degree program in the very near future. You may want to give them a call.

65 months ago

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING. I'LL LOOK INTO THE SCHOOL THAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED.

65 months ago

I AGREE WITH YOU. THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF NURSES OUT THERE, AND THEY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET INTO NURSING SCHOOL, ESPECIALLY FOR US MOMS.

65 months ago

EVERYONE I FOUND A SCHOOL HERE IN WHITTIER BY THE NAME OF ISP,THEY HELP YOU GET YOUR PRE-REQS FOR NUSING IN JUST 3 MOS. THEY ARE WEEKEND CLASSES.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
16200 E. AMBER VALLEY DR.
WHITTIER,CA 90604
(877)ISP-7242

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Deedee,
I went to an info session @ the WCU Los Angeles campus & yes, it's very very expensive but they made it seem as if I wouldn't be able to get credit for too much & the tuition wouldn't decrease considerably. I've completed most of my pre-reqs but want to be on a 3 yr waiting list for a traditional program.
How's it working for, would you really recommend it?

I would highly recommend it. The high cost is worth it. By the time you are finished with your pre-reqs at a community college you will be done with this program. No wait list, no excuses. Wait till you have your transcripts before you talk to the financial department. Sometimes once they get a look at your courses the credit for them can be more. Good luck

65 months ago

lynngarcia57@yahoo.com in Norwalk, California said: EVERYONE I FOUND A SCHOOL HERE IN WHITTIER BY THE NAME OF ISP,THEY HELP YOU GET YOUR PRE-REQS FOR NUSING IN JUST 3 MOS. THEY ARE WEEKEND CLASSES.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
16200 E. AMBER VALLEY DR.
WHITTIER,CA 90604
(877)ISP-7242

Be careful with these types of programs. Some private nursing programs may not accept the credits, even though the school you are transfering them from say they will. Private programs are more picky and set their own standards of what they will accept. Research before you pay anything.

65 months ago

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FINISH YOUR PRE-REQUISITES FOR NURSING?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: Be careful with these types of programs. Some private nursing programs may not accept the credits, even though the school you are transfering them from say they will. Private programs are more picky and set their own standards of what they will accept. Research before you pay anything.

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING,IM STILL GONNA DO SOME MORE RESEARCH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.