LVN schools in OC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 298 of 298)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

Trish in Coldwater, Michigan

60 months ago

Tori in Oakland, California said: I wonder if there is a difference between Northern California and Southern California. They ARE different states, after all.

Am I missing something??

You might want to look at your map. They are not different states. Also LVN/LPN is 1 year and RN is 2. (diploma 2year)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ToriLynn in Oakland, California

60 months ago

It sure seems that N & S California are different states. Different in money and water and ideals. LOL I was born and raised in the hills of the Sierra Nevada, as was my grandfather and his dad. Very, very different than down south.

One year for LVN? Really? I did all the pre-requisits for the LVN program with an AS and that took two years (took the long way round) and the LVN was three semesters, where as the RN was four semesters. Sure wish I would have known about the 1-year program, would have saved a lot of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vv87 in Rowland Heights, California

60 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: Check the adult schools. The school that i am attending is Hacienda La Puente Adult School. If they have it there I am sure they should have that program at other Adult schools. Its public and not private.

Hi,
I noticed that you are attending the rop school in hacienda/la puente. Do you know if the lvn course is accredited by the board of registered nursing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Ontario, California

59 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: This is in the thread already, but I will post it again:
jojo in La Mirada, California said: Try (800)39-learn, www.college-net.com . They came to our school to recruit us after we are done with the LVN course. It may be expensive though. Indiana State University (The college network). Good luck.

LVN to RN ONLINE COURSE

jojo i want to ask you that how was the test you taking??? because when i went there they all said wowo alot of waiting people alot of them apply ...and i think it hard to get in..so can you pls give me info thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nurse007 in Corona, California

59 months ago

DO NOT GO TO SUMMIT CAREER COLLEGE THE WORST SCHOOL FOR LVN EWWWWWW, ur wasting ur time and money trust me. i regret going there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tori in Oakland, California

58 months ago

In California, there is no licensing for LPNs. There is the board of vocational nurses and psychiatric techs, is all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

B Bri in Riverside, California

58 months ago

meeh in Irvine, California said: THIS PERSON IS SOO RIGHT ABOUT THIS SCHOOL, SUMMIT CAREER COLLEGE REALLY SUCKS!!! PLEASE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN LVN SCHOOL DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT THIS COLLEGE, THEY DON'T HELP OUT THE STUDENTS WHICH THEIR SUPPOSED TOO, THE STUDENTS ARE THE ONES WHO IS PAYING THEIR ASSES AND YET THEY STILL DONT GET IT TO THEIR EFFIN HEADS..WASSUP WITH THAT!! SOO, DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO REGRET IT, WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YALL IF YOURE READING THIS.

The first thing u need to do when looking for an lvn course is check they're passing rates ..Check summits low pass rates and other schools @ www.bvnpt.ca.gov/education/vn_stats.shtml .....if you're in the inland empire San bernardino/riverside check out Redlands adult school/San bernardino adult school (pass rates in the 90s)..San Bern is now going for $3,600 .....they have such a great reputation .
That when you graduate employers will def take a sanber adult school student over a summit one...the only pre req class is a basic academic class ,less than semester (really easy) take an entrance exam ..get in the highest scores..get an interview and wait for the acceptance letter.....get on the train with the staff and they will guide u thru the 20 months....and no u won't be in 30,000 debt:) also the diff is that summits starts with many students that they don't have enough clinical sites so where do they get their clinacals done??in the classroom..what an experience lol..adult schools r doing clinicals at the VA ..arrowhead...totally kids..and yes every student goes to the actual setting. You do have to be a certified MA or CNA.so a lot of people prob think it's too hard to get in well let's just say we have 4 18 year old students who just graduate from high school in 2009 got their cna and r now in the lvn.....it's just determination and everyone can do it :))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

martha in Salinas, California

55 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

hi im in monterey ,ca is the waiting list long how can i rigister.please help

martha in Salinas, California

55 months ago

any please help ineed a advice can you tell me whats better a college that takes two years or a priveat school

andrea in Irvine, California

55 months ago

miyon in Los Angeles, California said: I am going to angeles college, you are right it is 22,000..IF you have any questions you can email me at miyonyi@msn.com id be glad to help you with any questions

is the 22,000 worth it ?, I planned on attending angeles college this july but
realized the program was 10 mnths vs. other colleges ex. american cc which was 15 mnths & thought iwouldnt b learning enough. overall is it a goood school and would u recommend it ? also was it hard to get accepted in ?

joann in Westminster, California

55 months ago

where is the college located??????????

coco in Hacienda Heights, California

54 months ago

lynngarcia57@yahoo.com in Norwalk, California said: EVERYONE I FOUND A SCHOOL HERE IN WHITTIER BY THE NAME OF ISP,THEY HELP YOU GET YOUR PRE-REQS FOR NUSING IN JUST 3 MOS. THEY ARE WEEKEND CLASSES.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
16200 E. AMBER VALLEY DR.
WHITTIER,CA 90604
(877)ISP-7242

Hi im interested in ISP program there.
i wanna go to medical school.
do you know if some medical schools (probably outside california) will accept the credits that i get from ISP??
thanks.

bellavanna in Riverside, California

54 months ago

ISP is a fantastic school. I am in my third class and I dont have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers are Wonderful, they really care about their students. This school is not cheap but well worth it . They are a weekend base class which is nice :)

Student Nurse

54 months ago

DID ANYBODY ATTEND AMERICAN CAREER COLLEGE ACC- ANAHEIM CAMPUS FOR THEIR LVN NURSING PROGRAM?

WONDERING IF ANY PRIOR OR CURRENT STUDENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THE NURSING INSTRUCTORS..THEORY OR CLINICAL?

xox3mmkay in Fountain Valley, California

53 months ago

Hi,

I'm looking at going to a private school for my LVN. However, I've recently been hearing that it is much more useful to go straight for the RN.

I was wondering if there are any private schools that quickly take you straight to RN? If so, which schools are they and how long do they take?

Or, is it better to do the LVN at a private school and then transfer to a different college to get the RN? Which colleges would accept it, and how long does the LVN-RN bridge take?

I'm looking at going to Pacific College.

barbie in Seal Beach, California

53 months ago

jjrx in Costa Mesa, California said: For anyone with questions about getting your lvn at a private school, please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, don't be scared about the 20k-30k dollars the school costs, you'll get through and be a whole new person by the end.

I am currently a supervising paralegal and want to be an RN, is pacific college in costa mesa an accredited school for lvn program?
I am a single mother and need to begin a new career also deferring school loans for now

misssalvina in Anaheim, California

53 months ago

jjrx in Costa Mesa, California said: For anyone with questions about getting your lvn at a private school, please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, don't be scared about the 20k-30k dollars the school costs, you'll get through and be a whole new person by the end.

I'm in OC and looking for a LVN program ASAP. PLS HELP

Kiana in San Diego, California

53 months ago

Hey im looking for a lvn program in San Diego and i dont want to go to a private school. please help!!!!!!

bombaybaby in Reno, Nevada

53 months ago

Angee in Chino Hills, California said: Hello JoJo...haven't commented with you in a while. I have decided to take the test at HLPAE for both LVN and PT (after my research, I have found that PTs too, have interesting careers as well) programs. Wish me luck!!! :-D

Hello i'm a lpt can you please send me a private message. I have some question Email at passlptexam@yahoo.com

bombay in Reno, Nevada

53 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: I did not mean to make it seem like I was putting you down. Sorry if you took it that way.

hi DEE DEE can you please email me. My email is passlptexam@yahoo.com I really need help and info

52 months ago

Natasha in Redlands, California said: Indiana state University has an online LVN to RN program that's accredited in Ca. The University sets up your clinicals where you live.

Hello everyone,
I need help I may be able to go to School in Whittier CA next month and need a place to stay for 3 months can anyone help in Los Angles area? Please email me at passlptexam@yahoo.com

52 months ago

Hello Ladies
I'm in desperate need of help ! I have a chance to go to School in Whittier it's for 3 months and I will have my LVN by the end of NOV I don't have family, or friends in the LA area If someone is willing to help me PLEASE CONTACT ME at passlptexam@yahoo.com. Thanks!

LAGirl in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.[/QUO

Can you please tell me what materieal is covered in the Pre VN program? Thank you =+)

anrhie31 in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I am looking for an LVN school in Los Angeles that offers classes in the afternoons, like 5-11 or something close to that. I am working fulltime and I work saturdays as well. Most of the schools I've checked offered afternoon classes on weekdays but clinicals are scheduled on the weekend. I can do anyday as long as its after 4:30. Does anyone know any good school in the Los Angeles/Valley area?? Please help.

miyon yi in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

try angeles college on wilshire blvd

aimsgurl22 in Aliso Viejo, California

51 months ago

I think before you tell people information esp. about nursing you should know what you're talking about because you look really dumb. The Board of Vocational nursing is the board that "licenses" LVN's. At the end of the program, you take the NCLEX. This is California. Are you even a nurse?

tori in Santa Clara, California

51 months ago

Gayle said: anyone know of classes online for LVN to RN? Any that California will accept? I need to get this done and campuses are so impacted and hard to get into(NURSING SCHOOLS). suegleee@aol.com

yes, California accepts the University of Illinois on-line program. The clinicals are overseen by Sonoma state, but are done in your area.

anrhie31 in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

anrhie31 in Los Angeles, California said: I am looking for an LVN school in Los Angeles that offers classes in the afternoons, like 5-11 or something close to that. I am working fulltime and I work saturdays as well. Most of the schools I've checked offered afternoon classes on weekdays but clinicals are scheduled on the weekend. I can do anyday as long as its after 4:30. Does anyone know any good school in the Los Angeles/Valley area?? Please help.

Has anyone ever heard of Walter J. Md Institute in Los Angeles? I think the tuition is reasonable and the school is nice? I don't now though if it's a good school. I heard that they just stopped accepting application s bec thay are still waitig for their accredation.

niki in San Bernardino, California

47 months ago

ToriLynn in Oakland, California said: It sure seems that N & S California are different states. Different in money and water and ideals. LOL I was born and raised in the hills of the Sierra Nevada, as was my grandfather and his dad. Very, very different than down south.

One year for LVN? Really? I did all the pre-requisits for the LVN program with an AS and that took two years (took the long way round) and the LVN was three semesters, where as the RN was four semesters. Sure wish I would have known about the 1-year program, would have saved a lot of time.

You did it the smart way though! Unlike a lot of people that just want a quick job thinking they are going to make a lot of money. You have a degree and your license which makes you an ideal job candidate over someone who just has the license. You also wont have to TAKE EVERYTHING OVER like a lot of LVNS wishing to continue to RN. have to. Go to an actual college people don't go to career colleges, they are basically $30,000 test preps with no real accreditation. If you cant transfer your "credits" its a total waste of time and money.

tori in San Jose, California

47 months ago

lackofknowledge in Westminster, California said: You're so #*#*% STUPID! Psychiatric Tech (LPT) and LVN are licensed nurse. The only non license nurse are CNA ( Certified Nurse Assistant or AIDE ).

I think you should re-read the thread. They were talking LPN not LPT.

celialopez in Freeport, Texas

47 months ago

Deeann in Roseville, California said: Both University of Phoenix and Indiana programs are LVN to RN,BSN. Anyone know of an online LVN to RN step-up only program accepted in CA? (Already have AS degree)[/Q

Do you no if Ca excepts Excelsior College from LVN to RN with a Ca licen

47 months ago

Is there anyboby out there that can HELP ME I have a Ca. license, texas will not let me tansfer the license. I was in Nursing School at Galveston College but failed two weeks before graduation. He in the state of Texas if you are in a LVN program and you fail you have start all over again. So I went thu Ca.and toke the NCLEX in Houston Texas, has anybody out there ever done this.Please reply to my email.

Thank you

47 months ago

Natasha in Redlands, California said: Indiana state University has an online LVN to RN program that's accredited in Ca. The University sets up your clinicals where you live.

What about Excelsior College online program is it accredited in Ca.

soffie in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

From what i know still to this day, california does not accredit Excelsior. There are rare exceptions ie. preceptor hours.

However, those that have been hired are graduates before 2004 i believe.

47 months ago

I was told by Excelsior College that Ca. will except there progrom that is from LVN to RN program. Help how can I fine out if this is so thank you for replying.

celia

Alma in Pomona, California

46 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

Is there a website I can go to to get that information because I'm not finding any info on how to sign up on the la puente adult school website. Do I have to just go to the school? Thanks for the help.

Jojo in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

Yes you have to go to the school, it's in La Puente. It's Hacienda La Puente Adult Education. I have graduated and am now a hospice and wellness nurse doing well!

45 months ago

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm gonna def go tomorrow. I'm in pomona so its close by! Congratulations once again!

jojo in South Gate, California

45 months ago

Let me know how it goes. I love to help and yes you will graduate and be happy if Nursing is your passion!

45 months ago

Thank you very much! You have helped tremendously! I have been pursuing nursing since I came out the womb! My mom was a nurse so I guess u can say its in my blood =P. Ill let u know what happens tomorrow!

jojo in South Gate, California

45 months ago

Me too and it took until I will say 30's to get it!~ You will love it... school is ummm wow hard at times but keep the prize in mind! Push thru!!!! Be prepared for full time school and study at night, it takes your life for a year. I know the instructors too. Helen is the one you want to love... hint hint...

USA2012 in West Covina, California

43 months ago

Alma in Pomona, California said: Thank you very much! You have helped tremendously! I have been pursuing nursing since I came out the womb! My mom was a nurse so I guess u can say its in my blood =P. Ill let u know what happens tomorrow!

Go after your goal!!! I hve friends that have gone LVN to RN, and the ones who were really satisfied with their education went to Citrus and Mt. Sac. Both places offer cal grant a and b, and cost half the price of ROP programs like La Puente and Downey. la Puente is almost 6k, and Downey is around 10k. Also, the teachers seem to be very helpful and respectful at Junior Colleges......... have NOT heard the same thing for La Puente..........

Tom in Wylie, Texas

42 months ago

jay in Southfield, Michigan said: Im thinking of going back to school to become an LVN. Any suggestions for schools that I should go to. Is Stanbridge college in Irvine accredited?Thanks

Honey, If you are a real hard working person you can some how pass LVN, but findig a job will remain as a dream. Many students passed with us still could not find a placement. The employers only want to hire people with atleast 5 years of experience. You end up loosing your Money, present job and your years, plus there is a lot of tension.

jojo in Anaheim, California

42 months ago

It is very hard to find a job when you graduate, however, you have to start somewhere. I suggest registrys and if you can handle PD or on call, it will get you started. I started 2010 at 22 and am now at 26 moving up with each company. I had to work hard and build bridges, but for one year and a half that isn't bad. It soley depends on your communication skills as well in your interview. Some registrys have hospice, hospital, psychiatric wards, prisons, going to school with children with disabilites ect... I suggest to put your resume on all the online job sites. I was found by all 4 of my jobs from online career sites!

GOOD LUCK!

jojo in Anaheim, California

42 months ago

USA2012 in West Covina, California said: Go after your goal!!! I hve friends that have gone LVN to RN, and the ones who were really satisfied with their education went to Citrus and Mt. Sac. Both places offer cal grant a and b, and cost half the price of ROP programs like La Puente and Downey. la Puente is almost 6k, and Downey is around 10k. Also, the teachers seem to be very helpful and respectful at Junior Colleges......... have NOT heard the same thing for La Puente..........

La puente is 300 a month. No more than 4500 with books and scrubs. You can also pay per month.

tom in Wylie, Texas

42 months ago

Thank you for the encouragement,
we all are trying all the posibilities.

ofelia chaparro in norwalk, California

36 months ago

Yes stanbridge is acredited i recently went to see the school i havent heard anything bad i actually liked how they explained everything and how the lvn program runs but yah u should check it out

Joby in Sun City, California

36 months ago

bellavanna in Riverside, California said: ISP is a fantastic school. I am in my third class and I dont have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers are Wonderful, they really care about their students. This school is not cheap but well worth it . They are a weekend base class which is nice :)

I am interested in taking some of their courses to get my ADN prereqs out of the way. Were you able to transfer their units to another program? Any answers would be awesome

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.