Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 385)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Brenda in Lynwood, California

76 months ago

Hello Theresa,

Here is a little of info

LVN Orientation & Exam Coming in October - TBA - Call (562) 940-6233 for more info - M-5 47676911-47676954 $ 10
and here is the Website

www.downeyadultschool.com

just copy and paste.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa

76 months ago

Brenda,

Thank you for your helpful info. I appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

my pleasure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

teresa c in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

hi that awesome u graduated,i wish that was me....i will start school in sept thinking about going to advance college in southgate...anyone know anything about that school...soooooooooo concorde is a really good school huh....cool did u have to take an entrance exam,what is the passing rate,and how hard was it........thks

Joanne in Fort Worth, Texas

75 months ago

Does anyone know of any part-time LVN courses in the Fort Wort area..not Concorde..way too expensive!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

No i haven't done the LVN, i'm planning to do the entrance exam this coming up October.
Where are u locate it???

75 months ago

no! not really. But why don't you search in those words ""part-time LVN courses in the Fort Wort area"" if theres something it should show up..

marsha in Lynwood, California

75 months ago

I took the test for Lynwood Adult, I passed both test, there were five categories, my scores ranged from 86-99, now I'm waiting for my interview.

marilu in Dayton, Ohio

75 months ago

Michelle Garcia in Long Beach, California said: hi Theresa,

Their website address is www.infotechinst.com

The area is safe, I never had any troubles. It's just about two blocks away from Lakewood Mall, and it's near a major street.

That's wierd, the phone number, 562-804-1239 should be working. Try it again, and see how it goes.

You can email them too, information_infotech@yahoo.com

Good luck! Maybe I'll see you in this year's incoming class.

Michelle

Thank for all this info on infotech i just called but i'm too late for this year they are taking names for next years waiting list, which the new program starts 09/09 but,yeah 19,500 is not compare to cni college which charges 28,000 and american career college 33,000 i just recently inquired to all this 3 privite colleges. I guess thats why infotech is already full.

75 months ago

Hey does anyone know where I can get a free physical, I applied for the lvn program in Lynwood, I've passed both test, just waiting for the interview.

reah in Long Beach, California

75 months ago

hi marsha,
i too passed the lvn in lynwood but i almost didnt get it. they didnt send me a letter and so i called them. told me i passed i was going crazy coz i didnt hear from them. i went and did my whole application thing and now hopefully ill get mail this time telling me when my appt will be to interview. did they say you had to get your physical before interviewing?

Therese

75 months ago

marilu in Dayton, Ohio said: Thank for all this info on infotech i just called but i'm too late for this year they are taking names for next years waiting list, which the new program starts 09/09 but,yeah 19,500 is not compare to cni college which charges 28,000 and american career college 33,000 i just recently inquired to all this 3 privite colleges. I guess thats why infotech is already full.

Marilu,

You can try to call another college that will start October 2008 at Angeles Institute the price is a bit high from Info tech, but they have many teachers who are teaching in this school and they are full time so you will finish the program in 10 months. The price wise is $21.825 so it is up to your decision. I hope this is a bit helpful. Their phone number is 562-531-4100. You also can search the website by typing the school name as well.

75 months ago

The physical has to been done by the first week in August, I'm also trying to get all of my transcripts so that I won't have to take the anatomy, and nutrition part. any info on where I can get a physical?

75 months ago

maria in Norwalk, California said: marsha did you take the entrance exam? i think they're last testing date is this coming tuesday. i've passed it but theres still an aptitude test i need to take and im guessing its more comprehensive math, which i totally DISPISE! but i need to get in so im studying. what about you?

Maria, did you pass the aptitude test?

C.N. in Whittier, California

74 months ago

Priscilla in Pico Rivera, California said: do you know if they have the externship program and if all books are covered in the tuition??? and how long the program is?

I am currently a nursing student at Downey Adult School. I graduate in December! The VN program is a 12-month program. The $4,495 covers textbooks (seven textbooks, in which we use during the course of the program). Financial aid is also available. The program includes internships at clinical sites nearby the school. We attend clinical sites as a group. These sites include nursing homes, acute care, obstetrics, pediatrics, and sub-acute care hospitals. Before being accepted into the program, there is an entrance exam you must pass. For more information check out www.das.edu :) Good luck!

maria in Long Beach, California

74 months ago

hay marsha,
just had my interview with the assistant director. i dont think my chances are good. they have to choose less students this year becuase of the budget cuts. crossing my fingers tho. how did you do? have you gotten word yet in the mail?

Melony T in West Hills, California

74 months ago

C.N. in Whittier, California said: I am currently a nursing student at Downey Adult School. I graduate in December! The VN program is a 12-month program. The $4,495 covers textbooks (seven textbooks, in which we use during the course of the program). Financial aid is also available. The program includes internships at clinical sites nearby the school. We attend clinical sites as a group. These sites include nursing homes, acute care, obstetrics, pediatrics, and sub-acute care hospitals. Before being accepted into the program, there is an entrance exam you must pass. For more information check out www.das.edu :) Good luck!

Can you tell me what the class hours are? Also what are the clinical hours?

C.N. in Whittier, California

74 months ago

Pre-VN course (acceptance after entrance exam) is two or three days a week (I can't remember really) from 12-4PM. After Pre-VN, Fundamentals is M-TH 8AM-4:30PM. After Fundamentals, clinical days are Mondays and Tuesdays at 6:30AM-5PM and theory is Wednesday and Thursday at 8AM-2:30PM.

marsha in Compton, California

74 months ago

maria in Long Beach, California said: hay marsha,
just had my interview with the assistant director. i dont think my chances are good. they have to choose less students this year becuase of the budget cuts. crossing my fingers tho. how did you do? have you gotten word yet in the mail?

Hey Maria, I had my interview yesterday also!, it was suppose to be 8-4, but i had to change it to 8-5, I know that they are only picking 15 students, but why do you think your chances aren't good? The way I see it, they just started interviewing, and I think they are taking the highest scores first, my scores were from 85 beibg the lowest to 99 being the highest, I will pray that we both make it. e-mail me at <removed contact information>
Please use profiles to exchange contact Information. Please do not post your contact information here.

74 months ago

reah in Long Beach, California said: hi marsha,
i too passed the lvn in lynwood but i almost didnt get it. they didnt send me a letter and so i called them. told me i passed i was going crazy coz i didnt hear from them. i went and did my whole application thing and now hopefully ill get mail this time telling me when my appt will be to interview. did they say you had to get your physical before interviewing?

Have you interviewed yet? I interviewed yesterday, I was suppose to interview Monday but I had to change the appointment, what were your scores? e-mail me at marsha_dennis@yahoo.com

74 months ago

anyone know any new school out there

Allicia

74 months ago

i am in upland area and i am looking for a lvn school in my area.....also it would be nice to know someone whos planning to attend so i would have a study partner.

allicia

Cyndie in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

I also applied to Lynwood and had Great scores! I was not accepted this year but on waiting list for next year. Anyone know how many students they took? This is disappointing. This application process took so long......:(

Rosana Amezcua in Norwalk, California

74 months ago

CS in Los Angeles, California said: I JUST FOUND OUT FROM MY PROFFESOR FROM A SCHOOL NAME DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL. THEY JUST CHARGE $4,495. THEY COVER EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATION KNOW FOR ORIENTATION.

so there are no courses offered through rop?

74 months ago

There is one in North Orange County

74 months ago

Cyndie in Los Angeles, California said: I also applied to Lynwood and had Great scores! I was not accepted this year but on waiting list for next year. Anyone know how many students they took? This is disappointing. This application process took so long......:(

I'm not sure what they were looking for, did they say you had to go to the mandatory meeting, or what.

74 months ago

Hi Marsha,
No mandatory meeting. The letter just said due to budget cuts etc, etc. and that I would be on next years waiting list.....Won't have to test Blah, blah blah....Did you get your letter?

74 months ago

Hey Cyndie
My letter said mondatory meeting Monday 25, from 9-2, it says I must attend, what number did you have at the top of your letter, I'm alternate #1. Did your letter say that you could monitor the class for the first 6 weeks and if someone drops you're in? that's what mine said, and if no one drops I'm on the priority list for next year.

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California

73 months ago

Downey adult school is not accredidted. i recommend to check to make sure that the school you are preferring to go into make sure they are credited .

Kimberly Sommer in Vancouver, Washington

73 months ago

Jane in San Diego, California said: Does any one know of any LVN online program out there?

I am in Apollo college's LPN program Portland, OR. As far as I know you can be lisenced in more than one state.

Reah in Norwalk, California

73 months ago

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California said: Downey adult school is not accredidted. i recommend to check to make sure that the school you are preferring to go into make sure they are credited .

what website do you use to check on accredited schools?

Reah in Norwalk, California

73 months ago

Reah in Norwalk, California said: what website do you use to check on accredited schools?

www.bvnpt.ca.gov/Education/Schools/VN_Schools.asp

Downey Adult School is accredited. They have them on their list, so is Info Tech in Lakewood, ca and Lynwood Adult School.

73 months ago

you have to check on their website, on their website it should say they are accredited by the state of california to teach/train students withing the LVN program . when you call the shcool you can ask them they will tell if they are or not.

73 months ago

When i went out their to take the test for the LVN the instructor inform us they were not accredited. but maybe they are now so i just walk out of there and never went back

73 months ago

Look up the school call PHOENIX they are world wide. WWW.PHOENIX.COM

73 months ago

yes that's another reason why i didn't like downey no set schedule and they dont't which hospital each week for hands on . i said good bye when i heard that

73 months ago

ROP has a LVN program but you have to take the entrance exam and at least 75 points, than interview than you take the course

73 months ago

marsha in Compton, California said: Hey Cyndie
My letter said mondatory meeting Monday 25, from 9-2, it says I must attend, what number did you have at the top of your letter, I'm alternate #1. Did your letter say that you could monitor the class for the first 6 weeks and if someone drops you're in? that's what mine said, and if no one drops I'm on the priority list for next year.

I'm sorry so late getting back to you Marsha;.......I didn't have an alternate number, just on waiting list for next year.
Good luck with your studies :)

Cyndie

73 months ago

hi marsha what was on the test englis, math

73 months ago

Cyndie in Los Angeles, California said: I'm sorry so late getting back to you Marsha;.......I didn't have an alternate number, just on waiting list for next year.
Good luck with your studies :)

Cyndie

hey no problem, wnet to the meeting, 15 students and 3 alternates, they may take us all, will knew soon, keep in touch

73 months ago

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California said: hi marsha what was on the test englis, math

just basic math and english, nothing hard, you only have to pass at a ninth grade level, and then on the aptitude testthey had spelling, natural sciences and things like that.

JaeJae in Long Beach, California

73 months ago

what program did u all get accepted to? Is the testing that downey has coming up in October for the the starting date of 01/09?

73 months ago

Hey JaeJae,
Lynwood, but I didn't get in yet, they usually take 30 students, but because of the budget they are only taking 15, so I'm number 16 on the list. just waiting is see if someone drops, but the instructor said she is trying to keep the alternates.

Janet in Long Beach, California

73 months ago

Hi,
My name is Janet. Do you guys know what the class hours are like? I've checked many places and they all offer morning classes only, do some school offer night classes for an lvn?
thanks
Janet

73 months ago

Sorry, I don't know of any

john in Long Beach, California

72 months ago

i was recently enrolled into downey adult school as well, and i was wondering what can i expect on the exam on orientation day?

chelly in Little Rock, Arkansas

72 months ago

Jane in San Diego, California said: Does any one know of any LVN online program out there?

I'm currently with RUE, and I believe its a great program-Online! I'm not fx at my full capacity--I believe they are really concerned about your your progress, they assign you an advisor, who really call to check on you and your studies and they have over thousands of people who have went through their program and you can actually call some one up, who have completed the program and gotten their RN---Good Luck!!!!!!

therese

72 months ago

Chelly, in your program do they also are offered the LVN program and how much is the cost? I think this is what Jane and probably the rest of people who could not efforts to attend morning class due to tough economy or needs to fulfil first. If this program accredited so student will not spend their time and money have to worry they will not be able to accept any job offered. What is the RUE stand for so some of us can check the accreditation on the board website? Thanks .

cyndie in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

therese said: Chelly, in your program do they also are offered the LVN program and how much is the cost? I think this is what Jane and probably the rest of people who could not efforts to attend morning class due to tough economy or needs to fulfil first. If this program accredited so student will not spend their time and money have to worry they will not be able to accept any job offered. What is the RUE stand for so some of us can check the accreditation on the board website? Thanks .

BE CAREFUL THEY ARE NOT RECOGNIZED BY CALIFORNIA STATE BON!!!

CYNDIE
CHECK THEIR WEBSITE @ rueed.com

therese

72 months ago

Cyndie-thank you for your kindness forwarding the website's address of RUE. I certainly appreciate of this info. Do you know which LVN program is good in Los Angeles, California that is not sky rocket cost? I understand for the private program is around $15,000 above because my cousin went to the LVN program but it was not good and he just devastated because he does not have extra money to play around at the end up, he has to withdraw the program because he did not feel he learnt a thing correctly. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.