LVN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 386)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

mimi in Norwalk, California

75 months ago

there are several LVN programs in the los angeles area that have affordable tution. I think which ever school you attend it would be up to you to learn and succeed, they have their criteria to teach you, you just need the motivation to do it to learn it and to master it. if your cousin had a problem with the school and how they taught, she has the right to report them to the board if they arent doing what they're suppose it.
Lynwood Adult School
La Puenta/Hacienda Adult School
Downey Adult School
Maxine Waters Nursing School
i think another one, but i dont have it with me, its in the car.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

therese

75 months ago

Mimi- first of all thank you for the school info. I know he went to adult school types I believe one of them. He did not pass the exam and 2 of them were passed and he was on the waiting list due to high demand. That's why he just wanted to go to private nursing school versions for LVN first, and he will continue to RN because his ultimate goal is to become RN while he works as LVN. I will ask him to check the Maxine Waters Nursing School if you have a chance to go to your car and type another school name, so he can check it our as well. I appreciate it. We are in such a tough economy, and I just want to be sure he is not kept wasting his money go to wrong school. He has high motivation and he is always a good student who knows to work hard on studying matter. I do not have to worry about this part the only things is the school he went to was not good all around on my perspective and some students dropped out as well. The way class introduced is one day lecture the next day he is better know for the test so?. please figure it out???. not most of the students could keep up, but he did it most of the test but at the same time the grading system is horrible?. so?he is tired of talking about it, there is no honesty on the grade matter (remember no one wants to admit when one's real a thief get caught to let me put it this way ) and he just wants to find a good program who knows what they are doing and prepare students well and be fair not bully students of their grade and leave his life peacefully but has hope to complete the program based on his hard work. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha in Lynwood, California

75 months ago

Hey just a few words, Maxine Waters is more comcerned with status then students. they will drop you, instead of trying to help you pull up your grades. They will drop you for the slightest thing, in order to make their average look better. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

ok, I made it into the lvn class at Lynwood, going inot week 6, loving it, we just had our capping ceremony Oct. 9, it was beautiful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

therese in Buckingham, Illinois

75 months ago

Marsha-thank you for the value info. Students need appropriate guidance and help so if the student has to suffer what they have work hard for and still worry about the grade without assistance. It is not worth to even spend the money and time for this type of school. Life is already hard as it is.Thank you for your message.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

you are very welcome!

Angie in Long Beach, California

75 months ago

For anyone who applied or took entrance exams at Lynwood Adult or Downey Adult.... Can you tell me what the process was and also what is covered in the entrance exam. Wondering what I should be studying. Also, how long did it take you to get into the program? Was it difficult? I have an appointment at Downey. Haven't called Lynwood yet. Plan to.

marsha in Compton, California

75 months ago

Hey Angie,
I'm in the nursing program at Lynwwod adult now, the test weren't hard, you just need to pass at a ninth grade level, the waiting is what's hard, but it's worth it. If you want to over some math and english, cool, but it's not something you should have to study for. Lynwood cost less than Downey, and be prepared we test every single day in the program, it's exhusting but worth it.

Good luck!

Bernie in Mission Viejo, California

75 months ago

Hey Marsha,

do you know when will be the next class for lynwood for their LVN. I'm very intrested. I'm almost done with my back office class, finding a job for back office is hard. But my next goals is LVN and if you could also let me know when will be the next class .

thanks,

75 months ago

The next class starts next September, but they start taking applications and testing in January, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

auds in Palo Alto, California

75 months ago

I'm an LVN now working as a scrub tech in labor and delivery. the pay is good better than an LVN in the hospital I'm working for . I'm looking for info on pre req. for RN to get in a bridge program soon and since I did my LVN at ST.Francis career college in San Jose, Ca was a private catholic college my A/P are not transferable.
I need advice on what to do, or how to start or where to go or do online. Ive tried collegenet.com they're a rip off.

mayte in Long Beach, California

74 months ago

CS in Los Angeles, California said: I JUST FOUND OUT FROM MY PROFFESOR FROM A SCHOOL NAME DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL. THEY JUST CHARGE $4,495. THEY COVER EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATION KNOW FOR ORIENTATION.

yes but you have to pass the placement test and receive one of the top 60 scores and also you have to pay in full before the first day
and they have perference if you've went DAS

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California

74 months ago

This was already asked but I was just wondering for anyone who has taken the entrance exam at Downey Adult School, what does the exam consist of?

C'est Moi in Oakley, California

73 months ago

iv certification from bradshaw providers is supposedly good. 1 day skill lab + 3 or 4 days of self study my wife says. you can email them at bradshawproviders@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

check out bradshaw providers at bradshawproviders@gmail.com for IV certification. The are all over southern ca

73 months ago

WHOA! WHOA! ANY 1 PERSON HERE WHO HAS ATTENDED AN LVN PROGRAM AND PAID OVER $5000.00 WAS SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED TO PUT IT MILDLY AND DUPED TO STRETCH IT A BIT. LYNWOOD ADULT SCHOOL 3 1 0 6 0 4 1 7 8 6 IS A GOOD START AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM PRIVATE COLLEGES. PLZ CHECK BVNPT WEBSITE FOR ROP OR ADULT SCHOOLS. DO YOUR HOMEWORK AHEAD OF TIME. CHECK THE BVN WEBSITE AND NOTE THE SCHOOL CLOSEST TO YOU. CALL THE SCHOOL FIND OUT WHEN THEY START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AND TESTING. BE THE FIRST IN LINE ON APPLICATION AND TEST DATE. TRY 1 OR 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS TO BE SURE U GET IN ONE. IF YOU DO THIS AND END UP PAYING MORE THAT $7000. COME BACK HERE AND CALL ME WHATEVER U FEEL. ALL THESE PRIVATE SCHOOLS SPRINGING UP LEFT AND RIGHT AND CHARGING 20 G'S FOR AN LVN PROGRAM WHICH I ATTENDED FOR $2200 (THIS WOULD BE OUT OF POCKET TUITION INCLUDING BOOKS) + I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY 2200 BECAUSE WORK SOURCE PAID THE 2200 FOR ME + REIMBURSED ME FOR MY GAS. MOST OF MY CLASSMATES WHO PAD THE TUITION THEMSLVES PAID NO MORE THAN 3 G'S. PLEASE PLEASE GET INFORMED. SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW PEOPLE END UP PAYING THESE RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS AND WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR CONGRESS AND SENATORS TO START PASSING LAWS TO KEEP THESE RIDICULOUS WORMS FROM TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INNOCENT, HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS LIKE YOU AND I WHO SIMPLY WANT TO PUT BREAD ON THE TABLE. WITH THESE 20K FEES THEY ARE WORSE THAN PREDATORY LENDER AND MATTER OF FACT THIS IS PREDATORY LENDING FROM MY POINT BECAUSE THEY PREY ON YOUR IGNORANCE AND MAKE YOU SIGN THESE LOANS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

C'www.indeed.com/forum/job/nurse-lvn/LVN/t18500/p3#CommentFormest Moi in Oakley, California said: WHOA! WHOA! ANY 1 PERSON HERE WHO HAS ATTENDED AN LVN PROGRAM AND PAID OVER $5000.00 WAS SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED TO PUT IT MILDLY AND DUPED TO STRETCH IT A BIT. LYNWOOD ADULT SCHOOL 3 1 0 6 0 4 1 7 8 6 IS A GOOD START AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM PRIVATE COLLEGES. PLZ CHECK BVNPT WEBSITE FOR ROP OR ADULT SCHOOLS. DO YOUR HOMEWORK AHEAD OF TIME. CHECK THE BVN WEBSITE AND NOTE THE SCHOOL CLOSEST TO YOU. CALL THE SCHOOL FIND OUT WHEN THEY START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AND TESTING. BE THE FIRST IN LINE ON APPLICATION AND TEST DATE. TRY 1 OR 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS TO BE SURE U GET IN ONE. IF YOU DO THIS AND END UP PAYING MORE THAT $7000. COME BACK HERE AND CALL ME WHATEVER U FEEL. ALL THESE PRIVATE SCHOOLS SPRINGING UP LEFT AND RIGHT AND CHARGING 20 G'S FOR AN LVN PROGRAM WHICH I ATTENDED FOR $2200 (THIS WOULD BE OUT OF POCKET TUITION INCLUDING BOOKS) + I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY 2200 BECAUSE WORK SOURCE PAID THE 2200 FOR ME + REIMBURSED ME FOR MY GAS. MOST OF MY CLASSMATES WHO PAD THE TUITION THEMSLVES PAID NO MORE THAN 3 G'S.

Anyone around downey, bellflower, cerritos, norwalk, long beach or matter of fact any where close to lynwood and had just graduated and wants to take an IV certification class with me please email and sign up with the provider bradshawproviders@gmail.com. They have a class and require atleast 20 students to keep the open for dec 2008 in lynwood. if they get less than 20 the will cancel. i have talked to some friends at lynwood and st francis programs and they may sign up. Please let your classmates know so that we can all get in the class. Their minimum is 20 and 45 is their max.

73 months ago

Good looking out!, that's why I'm in the Lynwood Adult program now, just finished nursing 1,about to start nursing 2

reah in Norwalk, California

73 months ago

marsha! congratulations! i too just finished nursing 1! hehehe!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California said: This was already asked but I was just wondering for anyone who has taken the entrance exam at Downey Adult School, what does the exam consist of?

It's English and Math. They just want you to test at a High School level. The math is basic with a bit of beginning algebra. The English is not difficult. It's mainly reading and then answering questions. It's all multiple choice. The tests are timed. Don't be intiminated. Just refresh before and you should be OK. The higher your score the better. They get thousands of applicants but only 50 or so are selected. They go based on highest score for admission into the pre-lvn class.

I thought that I did well but I didn't get into the pre-LVN. I'll be trying again for Summer admission.

72 months ago

Angie, why don't you try and get in the class at Lynwood

anonymous in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

well i've attended st. francis career college in lynwood, california. on imperial hwy. i finished my cna which was 3,000. im planning on goin back to do my lvn but i'm confused because it's 30,000 there but the rn program is free if u did ur cna and lvn there. so it might not be as much after all. what do u guys think?

Sheila Ysrayl in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

chipps Charlotte in Centerburg, Ohio said: do you know of LPN online progams in Ohio. I can't find any

I dont know of any either i live in the cleveland area, if u find any please email me babyysrayl@yahoo.com

Priscilla in Monterey Park, California

71 months ago

anonymous in Los Angeles, California said: well i've attended st. francis career college in lynwood, california. on imperial hwy. i finished my cna which was 3,000. im planning on goin back to do my lvn but i'm confused because it's 30,000 there but the rn program is free if u did ur cna and lvn there. so it might not be as much after all. what do u guys think?

i think that sounds good! i would take it.

71 months ago

Priscilla in Monterey Park, California said: i think that sounds good! i would take it.

30,000, is a lot, try Lynwood community adult school, that's where I'm going right now, the cost is only 2400. and you get to make montly payments, so try that one!

VANESSA in Long Beach, California

71 months ago

HI THERE...!! DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL BE BETTER IF I TAKE A CNA CLASS BEFORE TRYING TO GET ACCEPTED AT LYNWOOD OR DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL? AND MARSHA WHERE IS Lynwood community adult school, So i can go ? what are the schedules there? for how long? when does next class starts? thank you!!! Vane

71 months ago

ok 12124 Bullis Rd Lynwood,ca and yes you will do better by taking the cna course first, it's m-f 8:00-3:30, and the cost it 2400. Testing starts in Feb. Good luck! Vane

VANESSA in Long Beach, California

71 months ago

marsha in Compton, California said: ok 12124 Bullis Rd Lynwood,ca and yes you will do better by taking the cna course first, it's m-f 8:00-3:30, and the cost it 2400. Testing starts in Feb. Good luck! Vane

thank you Marsha for ur info...:D

71 months ago

Marsha,
At Lynwood do you automatically get into the program if selected or do you first get admitted into a pre-LVN class (as a test run) before they decide if you will be admitted to the official LVN class?

At Downey that is how it works. First you test. Then they select about 50 students to "try out" during their 1 month pre-LVN class. After the 4-5 weeks they then narrow down the list further. Some get in, a few are put on wait as backup, and the rest have to try again by starting the process ALL OVER AGAIN!

With there being a nursing shortage you would think that they would make the process easier and just admit more students! I am also taking pre-reqs for the RN program at Cerritos. So far I am still not in any nursing program. I am getting antsy!

71 months ago

Angie,
once you're in you are in! first they test than they interview after that they select.

Wendy in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Hi Marsha from compton. Let me just tell you that u r great its the first time that ive seen this web site and all the info. that u have given us is great. thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

You are so welcome! Good luck!!!!!!!!

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California

69 months ago

Angie in Long Beach, California said: It's English and Math. They just want you to test at a High School level. The math is basic with a bit of beginning algebra. The English is not difficult. It's mainly reading and then answering questions. It's all multiple choice. The tests are timed. Don't be intiminated. Just refresh before and you should be OK. The higher your score the better. They get thousands of applicants but only 50 or so are selected. They go based on highest score for admission into the pre-lvn class.

I thought that I did well but I didn't get into the pre-LVN. I'll be trying again for Summer admission.

Thanks for the info about the exam! I went over my math and went over the basic grammar rules and did well. I made it into the pre-LVN class. Hopefully I make the final cut.

Erick in Bellflower, California

69 months ago

www.nightingaleinternational.com....for LVN program in Garden Grove

weiler in Las Vegas, Nevada

69 months ago

also try puremedicaljobsDOTCOM good luck!

dye in Inglewood, California

69 months ago

9th grade math is a broad category. Testing soon for Maxine Waters (entrance) LVN program. What does the test consist of?

68 months ago

dye in Inglewood, California said: 9th grade math is a broad category. Testing soon for Maxine Waters (entrance) LVN program. What does the test consist of?

Maxine Waters is really hard to get into, try Lynwood Adult School, that test on Tuesdays, at 8:00, the address is 12124 Bullis Rd. it's next to the middle school. It's a really good school, I only have 5 months to go.

Nurseebe in Garden Grove, California

68 months ago

marsha in Compton, California said: Angie,
once you're in you are in! first they test than they interview after that they select.

So what are they looking for/at when they interview potential lvn's? I took the basic reading and math test and passed, I'm waiting to starting the preq. course, and if I pass that then I interview which is what I'm most worried about.

G in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Any accredited LVN programs in the Burbank/Glendale/Van Nuys area?

Sylvia in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Hi Marsha from Compton trying to get into Lvn program in Lynwood Adult School took first exam waiting for results . How is the interview process.Will you be doing any clinical hours at any site?

marsha in Paramount, California

68 months ago

We do our clinical at St. Francis and the watts health center, Good luck!

68 months ago

marsha in Paramount, California said: We do our clinical at St. Francis and the watts health center, Good luck!

I thought the pre-test wasy easy but still didn't pass.

68 months ago

Okay, study hard and try again next year, it's worth it!

68 months ago

i thought the pretest was hard and i passed. so whats the interview like? is it a points system?

68 months ago

Nurseebe in Garden Grove, California said: i thought the pretest was hard and i passed. so whats the interview like? is it a points system?[/QUOT

Im not sure didnt get that far didnt pass the pre-test.

68 months ago

Sylvia in Los Angeles, California said:

oops i meant to reply to marsha about the interview because i asked it previously but didnt get an answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

what did you need to know?

67 months ago

marsha in Paramount, California said: what did you need to know?[/QUO

after the first class you had to go through an interview, what was the interview like?

MySpace Era in Rancho Cucamonga, California

67 months ago

Shelby in Austin, Texas said: I would honestly think that they would not allow you to do LVN/LPN online. There is way to much hands on with patients that you can't learn through a computer. Along with that there are required clinical hours that you have to meet.A VN/PN class is only 1 yr/3-4 semesters then you apply to the state for your license. I would make rather pay the money suffer the time and go to class then "learn" patient care online and risk not being accepted at the state.

Why are you guys so stupid? Don't you know these programs require lab hours via at medical facilities LT/Acute by law? That's exactly whats wrong with you new generation today ! The " entitlement" generation, the myspace era, the all about me me me generation ! There are no short cut ! You just have to get your hands dirty and learn how to take care of people ! Jesus Christ !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

after passing the two test, I had my interview, it was very basic, they just want to get a sense of who you are......we actually talked about the price of gas, and the way the economy was going... nothing major.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.