LVN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 384)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

etalexander24 in San Gabriel, California

63 months ago

marsha in Paramount, California said: after passing the two test, I had my interview, it was very basic, they just want to get a sense of who you are......we actually talked about the price of gas, and the way the economy was going... nothing major.

i just finished the LVN program at CCA in los angeles. It was a great experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha in Paramount, California

63 months ago

cool!!!!! I'm almost there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VANESSA in Long Beach, California

63 months ago

I JUST CALLED TO DAS, AND THEY TOLD ME YOU NEED YOUR HS DIPLOMA OR GED...SO, IT IS EVEN MORE THAN 10 TH GRADE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California

63 months ago

VANESSA in Long Beach, California said: I JUST CALLED TO DAS, AND THEY TOLD ME YOU NEED YOUR HS DIPLOMA OR GED...SO, IT IS EVEN MORE THAN 10 TH GRADE

Not literally up to the 10th grade..as in knowing basic algebra and english at a 10th grade level.

mary1343@live.com in Walnut Creek, California

62 months ago

C'est Moi in Oakley, California said: WHOA! WHOA! ANY 1 PERSON HERE WHO HAS ATTENDED AN LVN PROGRAM AND PAID OVER $5000.00 WAS SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED TO PUT IT MILDLY AND DUPED TO STRETCH IT A BIT. LYNWOOD ADULT SCHOOL 3 1 0 6 0 4 1 7 8 6 IS A GOOD START AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM PRIVATE COLLEGES. PLZ CHECK BVNPT WEBSITE FOR ROP OR ADULT SCHOOLS. DO YOUR HOMEWORK AHEAD OF TIME. CHECK THE BVN WEBSITE AND NOTE THE SCHOOL CLOSEST TO YOU. CALL THE SCHOOL FIND OUT WHEN THEY START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AND TESTING. BE THE FIRST IN LINE ON APPLICATION AND TEST DATE. TRY 1 OR 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS TO BE SURE U GET IN ONE. IF YOU DO THIS AND END UP PAYING MORE THAT $7000. COME BACK HERE AND CALL ME WHATEVER U FEEL. ALL THESE PRIVATE SCHOOLS SPRINGING UP LEFT AND RIGHT AND CHARGING 20 G'S FOR AN LVN PROGRAM WHICH I ATTENDED FOR $2200 (THIS WOULD BE OUT OF POCKET TUITION INCLUDING BOOKS) + I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY 2200 BECAUSE WORK SOURCE PAID THE 2200 FOR ME + REIMBURSED ME FOR MY GAS. MOST OF MY CLASSMATES WHO PAD THE TUITION THEMSLVES PAID NO MORE THAN 3 G'S. PLEASE PLEASE GET INFORMED. SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW PEOPLE END UP PAYING THESE RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS AND WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR CONGRESS AND SENATORS TO START PASSING LAWS TO KEEP THESE RIDICULOUS WORMS FROM TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INNOCENT, HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS LIKE YOU AND I WHO SIMPLY WANT TO PUT BREAD ON THE TABLE. WITH THESE 20K FEES THEY ARE WORSE THAN PREDATORY LENDER AND MATTER OF FACT THIS IS PREDATORY LENDING FROM MY POINT BECAUSE THEY PREY ON YOUR IGNORANCE AND MAKE YOU SIGN THESE LOANS
i noticed that you are frm northern ca where did you go to lvn sch iv been looking for one at that price around here i live in walnut creek thankyou mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

update, the INFOTECH sch on the frnt page that cost 19,000 said they do require an enrollment test

cyndieb in Redondo Beach, California

61 months ago

marsha in Paramount, California said: after passing the two test, I had my interview, it was very basic, they just want to get a sense of who you are......we actually talked about the price of gas, and the way the economy was going... nothing major.

Hi Marsha,
I recently interviewed at Lynwood.....Like you said nothing major.....general questions like how would you resolve an issue, why do you want to be a nurse, etc.
They said to wait for my orientation letter in the mail. In the meantime, I should be getting a physical, etc. renew cpr card....
Did you ever find a place for free or low cost? I'm not working right now and any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Cyndie

61 months ago

mary1343@live.com in Walnut Creek, California said: i noticed that you are frm northern ca where did you go to lvn sch iv been looking for one at that price around here i live in walnut creek thankyou mary

where did you go to school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dollface in san leandro, California

61 months ago

can someone please help me to find an LVN school near san leandro,california that i can do asap and that doesnt cost alot..is it best for a community college or a private one..has anyone been to any of the schools near here..if so were thay any good..thanks ahead of time for your replies..

MINNIE in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

Can someone please help me find a LVN program that is near Torrance, CA? I read all the reviews about Downey and Lynwood adult schools, but I work full time so that would not work with my schedule. I am trying to stay away from paying 20-30K for schooling considering this bad economy is making everyone hurt right now.

Johanna in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

marsha in Lynwood, California said: No, but I took the test at Downey Adult, I passed, but I didn't like the schedule, she said some times we would have to come in on Saturday and Sunday, I have a little girl, so I need a set schedule, give me the days and I'll work it out, but can't tell like tomorrow come in a 6:30, that would not work for me.

Hi Marsha, How was the testing? What did it consist of!!!please help me I am trying hard to get in the program.

61 months ago

Johanna in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi Marsha, How was the testing? What did it consist of!!!please help me I am trying hard to get in the program.

It consists of reading comprehension/language (grammer) and math (basic algebra/word problems). I found it to be easy.

61 months ago

Thanks Marsha!

61 months ago

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California said: It consists of reading comprehension/language (grammer) and math (basic algebra/word problems). I found it to be easy.

Sorry, Thanks patrice!!!
I live in the city of downey and I would like to take the LVN at Downey its near my home and they have a great pass rate.

61 months ago

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California said: Thanks for the info about the exam! I went over my math and went over the basic grammar rules and did well. I made it into the pre-LVN class. Hopefully I make the final cut.

Patrice, Did you go over any books to refresh? If so what books or any material so I can practice. I have the exam on 10/21/2009.

I really want a high score!!!

cyndie in Redondo Beach, California

61 months ago

marsha in Paramount, California said: cool!!!!! I'm almost there!

Hi Marsha,
I was wondering if you ever found a place for physicals....any info will help.

Thanks

61 months ago

Yeah no problem! It's a great program I got into the May 2009/2010 class. I used my TEAS test review book since I was trying for a RN program before which had questions on math and english. I'm sure you can find materials online for practice on math and reading comprehension/language (grammer).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

E_Tex_Icon in Kilgore, Texas

61 months ago

Shelby in Austin, Texas said: I would honestly think that they would not allow you to do LVN/LPN online. There is way to much hands on with patients that you can't learn through a computer. Along with that there are required clinical hours that you have to meet.A VN/PN class is only 1 yr/3-4 semesters then you apply to the state for your license. I would make rather pay the money suffer the time and go to class then "learn" patient care online and risk not being accepted at the state.

This isnt true my girlfriend did an online program and has been an lvn for a year and a half u go do hands on necessary, clinicals, but you dont actually have to do too much of that bc whatever field of work you go into will intern u for so long as well. my girlfriend did it thru kilgore college www.kilgorecollege.edu they have a really good program and around this area jobs are readily available at all times. good luck in becoming a nurse.

E_Tex_Icon in Kilgore, Texas

61 months ago

Shelby in Austin, Texas said: I would honestly think that they would not allow you to do LVN/LPN online. There is way to much hands on with patients that you can't learn through a computer. Along with that there are required clinical hours that you have to meet.A VN/PN class is only 1 yr/3-4 semesters then you apply to the state for your license. I would make rather pay the money suffer the time and go to class then "learn" patient care online and risk not being accepted at the state.

my girl friend did an online program through kilgorecollege.edu and it was a really affordable program and she did clinicals in a hospital and all the hands on is offered there as well. I dont think people should comment to the someone wanting to be an lvn when they really dont know what they r talking about. Its not strictly online but classroom wise yes their r very good programs that offer online classes to become an lvn goodluck

marsha in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

I signed up for a class at Cerritos College, and took my physical there, all I paid was the med fee, which was 13.00.

cyndie in Redondo Beach, California

61 months ago

What class was that? If you don't mind me asking....
Thanks

61 months ago

where is cerritos collage?

61 months ago

It's in California and its in the city of Cerritos.

61 months ago

what is it close to? is it in nortern ca or southern and what other citys or towns is it next to? thankyou

61 months ago

oh how much did you pay and what is the name of the school?

61 months ago

actually Cerritos College is in the city of Norwalk not Cerritos

vanefra in Artesia, California

61 months ago

HI Patricia, are you a current student at Downey Adult School for LVN program? if so,do you think i really need my CNA before enrolling??? or it is not necessary...?/? thank you!

Joanna in Downey, California

61 months ago

Angie in Long Beach, California said: It's English and Math. They just want you to test at a High School level. The math is basic with a bit of beginning algebra. The English is not difficult. It's mainly reading and then answering questions. It's all multiple choice. The tests are timed. Don't be intiminated. Just refresh before and you should be OK. The higher your score the better. They get thousands of applicants but only 50 or so are selected. They go based on highest score for admission into the pre-lvn class.

I thought that I did well but I didn't get into the pre-LVN. I'll be trying again for Summer admission.

Hi Angie, Did you try the LVN again for the summer?

61 months ago

vanefra in Artesia, California said: HI Patricia, are you a current student at Downey Adult School for LVN program? if so,do you think i really need my CNA before enrolling??? or it is not necessary...?/? thank you!

Yeah I am. Actually you don't really need it but it's up to you if you want to. I don't have any experience in the medical field as do some of my classmates so it's not that big of a deal if you don't.

LVN in Carson, California

61 months ago

This may seem like a dumb question but is there any LVN programs in the evening other than going to an expensive School/College. I work M-F from 8am-4:30pm in Los Angeles and I looking to go into Nursing. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

61 months ago

Hi, You can check out the wwww.bvnpt.ca.gov, there is a list of schools.

61 months ago

Thanks Joanna, I looked into the website www.bvnpt.ca.gov (it's very informative) and called Preffered College of Nursing in Carson. I'll probably go see the campus today.

61 months ago

oh..i see , because i was going to take a CNA class at Bellflower aAdult school this sept 09, but they just called me 3 days ago to tell that the class had been cancel...Well my goal is to become a LVN and thats why i was gonna take a CNA class coz i was told that it will be easir for me to enroll in any ROP or Adult school if i have my CNA first...i kwnow that it is hard to get into the DAS LVN program,right? i went online and i saw that they just accepeted like 3 students from the PRE-LVN class....well now that told me that you dont have any experience in the medical field, im happy now :D.....im going on set 24 to take the test and orntation... i hope i get into the PRE-LVN....IF SO,do you think it is diffucult>??? would you recommend me that school ? good teachers? what about the schedule??? thank you very much for your time, i really need help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

vanefra in Artesia, California said: oh..i see , because i was going to take a CNA class at Bellflower aAdult school this sept 09, but they just called me 3 days ago to tell that the class had been cancel...Well my goal is to become a LVN and thats why i was gonna take a CNA class coz i was told that it will be easir for me to enroll in any ROP or Adult school if i have my CNA first...i kwnow that it is hard to get into the DAS LVN program,right? i went online and i saw that they just accepeted like 3 students from the PRE-LVN class....well now that told me that you dont have any experience in the medical field, im happy now :D.....im going on set 24 to take the test and orntation... i hope i get into the PRE-LVN....IF SO,do you think it is diffucult>??? would you recommend me that school ? good teachers? what about the schedule??? thank you very much for your time, i really need help...

30 students**********CORRECTION...

61 months ago

vanefra in Artesia, California said: oh..i see , because i was going to take a CNA class at Bellflower aAdult school this sept 09, but they just called me 3 days ago to tell that the class had been cancel...Well my goal is to become a LVN and thats why i was gonna take a CNA class coz i was told that it will be easir for me to enroll in any ROP or Adult school if i have my CNA first...i kwnow that it is hard to get into the DAS LVN program,right? i went online and i saw that they just accepeted like 3 students from the PRE-LVN class....well now that told me that you dont have any experience in the medical field, im happy now :D.....im going on set 24 to take the test and orntation... i hope i get into the PRE-LVN....IF SO,do you think it is diffucult>??? would you recommend me that school ? good teachers? what about the schedule??? thank you very much for your time, i really need help...

Yeah it's pretty competitive but as long as you study and do well on the quizzes/test you should be fine. It's challenging since I don't have any experience but it's not that bad. It's a good program I like it. The schedule is monday-thursday 8-4:30pm but once clinicals start it's 2 days clinical and 2 days lecture. Good luck! If there's anything else just let me know

60 months ago

Does anyone know if Downey Adult School or North Orange County ROP has evening classes for LVN program. Or any school that offers evening classes without dishing out the 2o something thousands dollars.

vanefra (Vanessa) in Artesia, California

60 months ago

Hi Patrice thanks for your help, i have another question ,what should i study for the first test?

vanefra (Vanessa) in Artesia, California

60 months ago

oh,you already answer that question...thank you! oh by the way i saw you name on DAS webpage...:d

Brenda in Arcadia, California

60 months ago

Hello Joanne,

did you went to seet that school?

if you did how was it?

60 months ago

What School?

Nesh in Compton, California

60 months ago

anonymous in Los Angeles, California said: well i've attended st. francis career college in lynwood, california. on imperial hwy. i finished my cna which was 3,000. im planning on goin back to do my lvn but i'm confused because it's 30,000 there but the rn program is free if u did ur cna and lvn there. so it might not be as much after all. what do u guys think?

I was enrolled in the May 2009 class at SFCC and was told that the RN bridge program is NOT a guarantee for anyone that is lookign to start after this year because its based on funding, which is NOT what we were told during the orientation,
Needless to say, i dropped.
It makes no sense to pay 35 grand for an LVN license when so many other schools are charging only 5-15% of that.
I think the program overall is a ripoff, MAJOR BIG TIME!!
I say if you have to wait, then wait. The cheaper cost will be worth it right from the get go.

vanessa in Artesia, California

60 months ago

Johanna in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Patrice, Did you go over any books to refresh? If so what books or any material so I can practice. I have the exam on 10/21/2009.

I really want a high score!!!

hi! im taking the test on sept 30th at Downey Adult School/// i want a high score too IN THE EXAM, do you know what else should we study??? lets stay in contact....vanessa

60 months ago

Hi Patrice., i was looking at some basic math reviews online, and i found them to be like really,easy...they talk about decimals,fraccions, percentage ,+ ,- ,....... is that what i comes in the test? do you thing i should study basic geometry like triangles or exponents? pleease help me....vane

60 months ago

THINK**

60 months ago

vanessa in Artesia, California said: hi! im taking the test on sept 30th at Downey Adult School/// i want a high score too IN THE EXAM, do you know what else should we study??? lets stay in contact....vanessa

I don't recall there being any geometry...from what I can remember I think it was mainly algebra/computing numbers I THINK I dont really remember. I found the exam to be really easy I was nervous about it but it was mainly like I said just math and english so if you're comfortable with math and english (language/reading comprehension) then you should be fine

60 months ago

Brenda in Lynwood, California said: Hello Maria,

i guess i'm kind of late for a comment, but i been searching for lvn school, for along time ago, and by reading all this comments from you guys i think the best schools to go for LVN is Lynwood and Downey, Now for Lynwood do you know when is the testing day?
because for Downey adult school they have a webside, i can get all the info that i need from there.

Hi, I just talked to a lady from Lynwood today and their next testing is Feb 2010 for a september 2010 class. I guess they only start em once a year...

60 months ago

vanessa in Artesia, California said: hi! im taking the test on sept 30th at Downey Adult School/// i want a high score too IN THE EXAM, do you know what else should we study??? lets stay in contact....vanessa

Hi Vanessa,
I will see you there, I just signed up online for the testing for DAS for the 30th as well... Good luck!!

60 months ago

Patrice Pabillore in Downey, California said: I don't recall there being any geometry...from what I can remember I think it was mainly algebra/computing numbers I THINK I dont really remember. I found the exam to be really easy I was nervous about it but it was mainly like I said just math and english so if you're comfortable with math and english (language/reading comprehension) then you should be fine

Hi Patrice,

I am testing for DAS next month too.
What all did they have you do during the Pre-VN class? Is it more testing and stuff? Is that the scores they use to determine who gets into the actual program? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Johanna in Downey, California

60 months ago

Hi Vanessa and Nesh, I guess we can get together and Brush up some skills at the Library. My exam is on OCT.21, You can email me at: annahoj8322@yahoo.com.

Good Luck on the exam!!!!

60 months ago

Nesh in Compton, California said: Hi Patrice,

I am testing for DAS next month too.
What all did they have you do during the Pre-VN class? Is it more testing and stuff? Is that the scores they use to determine who gets into the actual program? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Yeah there was a test every week. There was also homework and some group presentations. I actually had fun during the Pre-VN class I guess it just depends on who you end up making friends with in class. I think they look at the scores from all the class work/test scores I thought they looked at experience as well but I don't really think so since there are people in my class who haven't had any medical field experience like me. Just make sure to do well during the Pre-VN class and enjoy it

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.