Nurse Coders

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Melony in Palmdale, California

74 months ago

Hello All,

I am currently a CPC medical coder, due to sit for my CCS. I have a BA in general biology with a minor in english literature. I have always wanted to be a nurse. I am wondering if it would be feasible for me to become an LVN or RN and still work as a medical coder? Are any of you in this field and how do you enjoy it? Also what is the average pay? I currently make $28.50 per hour. I live in Southern California if that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Hesperia, California

57 months ago

Melony,

Hi great pay for Palmdale.Just like coding ,the more certificates, and/or licenses you hold
the better position you will have in life. I have a new L.V.N. license, and a Phlebotomist CPT 1
which needs renewing, I have a real estate license, and experience in Medical coding and Billing.

I regret not having gotten my certifications in those specific areas, (Billing/Coding). I am
thinking of on-line certification classes for these certificates. However, I have been out of
the billing, and coding field for a long time. What do you think may be useful to me?

As always, I encourage you pursue school in any venue that interests you. It will always be useful.

By the way KUDOS on the english language minor. Our field is better spoken for it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.