What are certification do I need as a New LVN?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

AnnN. in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I just passed my NCLEX and now a LVN I have no experience since it took me a long break before taking my NCLEX again. So what certification or class do I need to take before looking for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

62 months ago

Most employers require current CPR certification. As long as you have a license you don't need any other certification or class, unless you just want to brush up on your skills. It would be your choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jasbirkaur in Merced, California

52 months ago

any body know about gurnick college in Modesto for LVN program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

StacyVang in Modesto, California

52 months ago

jasbirkaur in Merced, California said: any body know about gurnick college in Modesto for LVN program.

That college is too expensive go to the Merced LVN school there, it's call Medwestcollege.edu it's less cheaper it cost only 26,000 plus 1,000 for the Basic Anatomy and Physiology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

StuVN in Oakland, California

52 months ago

Hi, I'm actually currently taking classes in Gurnick Academy in Modesto... The program is VERY intensive, but I enjoy it a lot. Gurnick just went through national accreditation we have financial aid now which is really BIG help! I started the program in October of 2009 and the cost at that time was a little under 24k...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanie in Salida, California

48 months ago

StuVN in Oakland, California said: Hi, I'm actually currently taking classes in Gurnick Academy in Modesto... The program is VERY intensive, but I enjoy it a lot. Gurnick just went through national accreditation we have financial aid now which is really BIG help! I started the program in October of 2009 and the cost at that time was a little under 24k...

So how was the program so far? I'm going to go check them out on Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cassandra in Tracy, California

40 months ago

I was looking at Gurnick in Modesto, is it a good school how has your experience been so far

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.