does any one knows where you can take microbiology,AandP 1&2 at one time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Anna in Covina California in West Covina, California

72 months ago

hello everyone,i was wondering if there's any school to take microbiology,anotomy and physiology all at once without having to yake math and chemistry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Whittier, California

71 months ago

Anna in Covina California in West Covina, California said: hello everyone,i was wondering if there's any school to take microbiology,anotomy and physiology all at once without having to yake math and chemistry.

Sorry but many schools require math and chem as a prereq for A & P and micro. The math is needed to get in to chem and the chem is needed for micro. There is a reason you will see when you take these course. I am taking math and am having a hell of a time but chem is next and after checking out the book I understand why. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

As of Fall '07, PCC offers an Anatomy 25 class w/o prereq, which will get you into Physio & LACC offers Micro w/o prereq. Better hurry because it may change soon, if it hasn't already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California said: As of Fall '07, PCC offers an Anatomy 25 class w/o prereq, which will get you into Physio & LACC offers Micro w/o prereq. Better hurry because it may change soon, if it hasn't already.

Be careful with a combined class. Many are not accepted for a degree. You need separate class time and separate lab time. Verify before you sign up to make sure whatever degree you are going for that it will count. My best friend did this. Took a combined A&P course and applied to a local jr. college nursing program and they would not accept it. She had to go back and take the separate courses again. There are similar combined courses that may be accepted to get in to a CNA or and VN program but verify first. Good luck.

alice in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

hi i was wondering if anyone knows a CNA school in L.A! not america career or UEI please so expensive! thanks

64 months ago

Most private programs are going to be expensive. Try your local community center, adult school or community college. Good luck.

Tammy in Sherman, Texas

62 months ago

Anna in Covina California in West Covina, California said: hello everyone,i was wondering if there's any school to take microbiology,anotomy and physiology all at once without having to yake math and chemistry.

Paris Junior College in Paris, Texas offers A&P I & II & Microbiology on line. I am not sure about pre-reqs. One of my friends who is an LVN took the classes and said they were much easier than the classroom. Hope this helps.

62 months ago

Be very careful with those comibination and online science core classes. Many nursing programs do not accept them. Many require a separate lecture and lab session with 4 credits worth for each. Check your states requirement. Here in CA they are not accepted. Good luck.

alicepin in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

yes thank you so much for your responses, the only community college who offered it in Los Angeles has stopped, other schools but waiting lists are extremely long ! i was told by my college counselor that CNA is now being done by LVNS =( ? i think she wants me in her CNA but not really .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.