ex-Convict

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 66 of 66)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Mary in Oceanside, California

61 months ago

Terry in San Antonio, Texas said: I need a job. I earned an AA Degree in prison & would like to use my brain, but I have done 18 years of hard labor & am not adverse to using my back. Please help. This is not my email, I am using a friends, please email me here.

Hi Everyone, there are alternatives to nursing. Xray technician, Ultra Sound Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technician, and more. Spend some time at the local library and ask for the Government Job listing (cant remember the official title) it lists thousands of positions. Do not give up or give in. Keep the faith. Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pearl in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Terry in San Antonio, Texas said: I need a job. I earned an AA Degree in prison & would like to use my brain, but I have done 18 years of hard labor & am not adverse to using my back. Please help. This is not my email, I am using a friends, please email me here.

Hi Terry,
Unfortunatedly, I don't know much about Texas, but I agree, don't give up. Look at some of the previous answers at this site and check out the web sites that were mentioned and see if any of them have info in your area. Also, try Home Boys industries, even if they're not in Texas they might know something. You can alwys volunteer for awhile to gain experience and trust and/or go back to school until the economy is better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Rosemead, California

60 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: i have a conviction and am scared ..hitless about applying for my board exam. are there any blog sites or info clearing house for poeple with prior convictions with regards lvn licensure. Does any 1 have the same issues? are there any specific convictions that they specifically frown upon? i declared my convictions and attached a copy of my expungement record but still am grrrrrrrrr.. Helllllllp!!

Go to www.bvnpt.ca.gov they will state which ones are unacceptable and its usually anything related to your license. Not completely sure though. How long ago was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dollface in san leandro, California

59 months ago

Cynthia Christopher in Athens, Texas said: Hi, I too have the same problem. I have a felony conviction that seems to keep me from getting any type of good job. I am soooo qualified for certain positions that I really want and when it comes time for them to hire, I am always bypassed even though I am the most qualified applicant in a group. As far as the licensing goes, I have no answers for you. I am always honest on job applications. It wouldn't do any good not to be anyways I'm sure. I wish there was some way to cover up the criminal history when it comes to a job.LOL HA HA.

were you able to get your license for LVN or RN and are now being denied a job after filling out the job application?

59 months ago

C'est Moi in Pittsburg, California said: Ok Fellas!! C'est Moi is now an LVN. So Please Please be sure to address me as C'est Moi, LVN!!! LOL. Anyone know of a LVN refresher course with a clinical component out there??

ok..if i am reading correctly a while back you were nervous about a conviction you had on your record and wasnt sure if you could be licensed...does this mean everything went thru and you are now licensed even with your conviction??

T & T in Upland, California

58 months ago

Garey in Redlands, California said: Go to a local LVN school and talk to student services.(not the admissions people) I believe a felony will probably prohibit you from taking the NCLEX. That is what my student services guy said. His name is Patrick at Concorde in San Bernadino. Very nice guy and willing to help people. (especially if you are a potential student) Call Concorde Career College in San Bernadino and ask for him by name.

hey I planning to go to concorde in san bernadino you said ask for patrick so is he a adm. or student? can you tell me more info thx

LVN in Santa Rosa, California

58 months ago

T & T in Upland, California said: hey I planning to go to concorde in san bernadino you said ask for patrick so is he a adm. or student? can you tell me more info thx

Patrick works in Student Services. He is the guy that helps graduating students apply for the NCLEX, gets your background check done...anything related to getting licensced. I am sure he does other stuff also, just dont remember what. He was still there last I heard but if he is not just ask for student services and tell them what you want to know and they have the facts, not hear say.

Bombay in Reno, Nevada

55 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: i have a conviction and am scared ..hitless about applying for my board exam. are there any blog sites or info clearing house for poeple with prior convictions with regards lvn licensure. Does any 1 have the same issues? are there any specific convictions that they specifically frown upon? i declared my convictions and attached a copy of my expungement record but still am grrrrrrrrr.. Helllllllp!!

Hello there
I talked to you before. Did you get your license? I would love to hear from you. Email me passlptexam@yahoo.com

C'est Moi in Pittsburg, California

55 months ago

Yes in deed. Been working with it and enjoying it. Just got accepted for the rn program.

Bombay in Reno, Nevada

55 months ago

congrads my brother
I'm proud of you. How have you been?

54 months ago

C'est Moi in Pittsburg, California said: Yes in deed. Been working with it and enjoying it. Just got accepted for the rn program.

hELLO c'EST moi...my name is tasha and my screen name is Mrsdollface..i have been trying to reach you regarding my convictions and the things you were worried about before you were blessed to receive your license.,,can you PLEASE email me so that I can speak with you..my email is mrsdollface@gmail.com .....i would really really appreciate it is you would speak with me...

maggie in Coalinga, California

48 months ago

I am looking for a year long program for my LVN and then go to a RN program. Does anyone know of one around Fresno, Ca or on-line? It is important that I can complete it in 12 months.

vargas79 in Temple, Texas

43 months ago

Sabel in Cedar Park, Texas said: Hi

I am not in the nursing field but want to. I have a felony from 14 years ago that has kept me from being all that I could be. There a certain types of felonies that can be expunged from your record and then there are ones that you can get something that is called a "nondiscloser" which is what I am getting. I have had this stupid mistake from so long ago really affect my life for so long and didn't think there was anything I could do about it. I was told I could never get it off.. There is a answer! After all of this time I found a company called recordgone.com.. Don't wait as long as I did.. !!!

about how much does it costs?

Moe in Santa Rosa, California

43 months ago

There is only one true source to answer alot of the questions I see on this forum. I like to speculate as much as the other person but if I was in the process of making a major life decision i would go straight to the source for my information. I would not assume that because something worked for someone in your particular situation that it will work for you. If you have questions about things in your past keeping you from taking the NCLEX or other such topics go straight to the source!!

Call your state board of nursing, go online to their site or drive down and talk to them in person if possible. In California for LVNs just google California State Board of Licensed Vocational Nurses and it will get you there. The site offers information on how variouse convictions affect your chance of being allowed to test. It also has phone numbers for you to call.

The info I got was that if you have drug related or sexual related felonies forget about working in any nursing capacity but I could be wrong. The only way to know FOR SURE is if YOU contact them personaly.

jay in Santa Clarita, California

40 months ago

did you enroll into the program with a felony on your record?

john in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

[where is this lynn wood program??? (sprintnyghost@yahoo.com)

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.