if you have a felony can you still get your license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jesse in Universal City, Texas

82 months ago

can you still get your lvn license if you have a felony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelby in Austin, Texas

81 months ago

No you can not. The state of Texas will not license/Cert you for anything if you have a drug, alcohol or felony.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Pearland, Texas

80 months ago

sometimes you can. depends on the felony and how long ago. You have to go through a lot of red tape and a lot of paperwork. I have seen people get their licenses but it was not an easy road.
Research it a lot before you put in the time for your degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mattie brown in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

jesse in Universal City, Texas said: if you have a felony can you still get your license

no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

misti in Tulsa, Oklahoma

75 months ago

yes you can and the state of Texas will give you certifications and license for different jobs even if you have a felony. It depends on the nature of the felony and usually how long ago it was committed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

roxanne in San Antonio, Texas

72 months ago

what if you were arrested but not convicted of a felony?? do you think you can still get your license? and what about a mental illness like depression? if you were diagnost with something like this? i heard you could not become an rn with a mental diagnosis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brnskinn2009 in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

you can get your license if u have a felony but its alot of paper work and it
cost money to and it depends on what the felony is and its also a time period of when you can try to obtain them (in texas) so research your state board and requirements

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hotrnsintxs in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

brnskinn2009 in Houston, Texas said: you can get your license if u have a felony but its alot of paper work and it
cost money to and it depends on what the felony is and its also a time period of when you can try to obtain them (in texas) so research your state board and requirements

u can....but u cannot have been convicted of the felony,thats what a co worker of mine told me she had deffered adjudification(probation) for a drug charge.If you did actual prison time..........i dont wanna rule it out,but money talks$$$$ in texas...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

whishfulthinking in Fort Worth, Texas

42 months ago

Shelby in Austin, Texas said: No you can not. The state of Texas will not license/Cert you for anything if you have a drug, alcohol or felony.

This is not true..I know someone working as a LVN that has a recent felony.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

smilesalot in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I recently caught a case for THEFT and I'm currently going threw probation, and it was all under differ judification, and I would like to become a nurse. I would like to know if I have a chance to get my license as one. I plan to expunge my felony to a mister minor.
Do I have a chance to become a licensed RN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.