How much should we pay for an LVN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 181)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

futureLVN in Riverside, California

64 months ago

Ack it won't let me change my location! I'm not in NY, or Riverside, this site just doesn't work properly on my phone. I am in Sacramento.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cd_egor in Wichita Falls, Texas

62 months ago

I'm currently finishing up the LVN program at Vernon College in Wichita Falls, TX. The total cost I paid was just over $9,000 dollars, that is including books and 3 days of clinicals. When I saw your post asking about the cost, I thought that it only fair to share with you that there are other programs available for a cheaper price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

jennyo.

62 months ago

Has anyone heard of a school called West Coast Uktrasound Institute?
well i wanted to go there beacuse it seems like a very good school but its expensive total cost 27,000 and im scared of making the decion and what if it dosent get me a job or if it isnt a good school can anyone please help im soo confused!
thank u.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jennyo. Fontana California

62 months ago

i have one more question is it true if u go to a community collage u get a job faster than going to a private one?
I mean dont get me wrong i would go to a community but the waiting list is sooo long ughhh some one please help i jusy gradguated like 5 months ago from High school and i really wanna go to school but im soooo confuesd
some one help!
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eramirez in Vallejo, California

62 months ago

Any body whos is planig to do the LVN program please check the list that the state has. A person who i know did a program in a Career center and she just fund out that is not credit there for she has to do it all over again. Be careful if sounds to good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

jennyo. Fontana California said: i have one more question is it true if u go to a community collage u get a job faster than going to a private one?
I mean dont get me wrong i would go to a community but the waiting list is sooo long ughhh some one please help i jusy gradguated like 5 months ago from High school and i really wanna go to school but im soooo confuesd
some one help!
thanks

Well the main reason is that private school some of them don't have good reputation or they are not fully credit by the state. Where are you locate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jennyo in Fontana, California

62 months ago

eramirez in Vallejo, California said: Well the main reason is that private school some of them don't have good reputation or they are not fully credit by the state. Where are you locate?

thanks for answearing
and in Fontana

Carol

61 months ago

Aries Princess in Sacramento, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for an LVN program at a trade school. The total cost is a little over 26,000 and i feel like it is alot of money. On the flip side, the amount i will be paying could be worth it. The 12-month program includes: 10 months clinical training which will go great on a resume... everyone wants experience now a days. Is this too much money?

I paid 8,000. and school has 97 percent passing rate for state boards. look up nursing state boards, gives you list of schools and cost

maria

61 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I'm single mother of 3 kids and no child support and I just finished the lvn program please don't pay attention to negative comments

thanks for the positive feed back im a mother of 4 and i to am planning to start an lvn program and reading what you said really makes me feel confident.

mehg in Hayward, California

61 months ago

www.imededu.com
They have 4hr/day lvn class and accept financial aid.

DeAndre' in Suisun City, California

61 months ago

Does anyone know the passing rate for the LVN program at The College of Medical Art's in Vallejo, ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

menow in Santa Rosa, California

61 months ago

I checked for a friend a month ago and if I remember right it was 44%. You can go to the State of California BVNPT online and check passing rates for any school in Calif. I would not go anywhere near that school with a passing rate like that.

Albert in Garden Grove, California

60 months ago

That is waaayyy too much money!!! think twice !! I honestly think it's a complete waste of your time.. many of this schools are in it for the money.. I wouldn't pay anything over 5000 for an LVN program. But if you're so blind and not smart enough for college or university level work, then I guess you really have no options..but seriously someone should sue this schools.. thats fooking crazy..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Hey Albert it sounds like you are one of the nurses that they do it just for the money. There is no need for you to include insulting comments towars people who are just trying to get more information. I quess you are to smart thats way you misspeal "fooking" I assume you are a University student since you are very smart right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oaxacahoneybee in Carrollton, Texas

60 months ago

Albert in Garden Grove, California said: That is waaayyy too much money!!! think twice !! I honestly think it's a complete waste of your time.. many of this schools are in it for the money.. I wouldn't pay anything over 5000 for an LVN program. But if you're so blind and not smart enough for college or university level work, then I guess you really have no options..but seriously someone should sue this schools.. thats fooking crazy..

Okay that was uncalled for. There is no need to be rude and insulting.
I am smart. GPA of 4.0 and have taken over 60 hours at a university towards an education degee but I am also interested in nursing and plan on completing both.
I hope you think twice before you judge people and insult them!!

60 months ago

Well next time that you want to share your point of view to others do it with better words than
"But if you're so blind and not smart enough for college or university level work, then I guess you really have no options..but seriously someone should sue this schools.. thats fooking crazy.."
I'm really astound to observe the language of a University level student. Now you know how it feels to be judge.
HAPPY HOLYDAYS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeAndre' in San Jose, California

60 months ago

Self investment is priceless....I would rather spend money on my education no matter what the cost maybe to better myself than to waste money on a car payment or any other tangable items.Invest in your education.....You're going to die owing someone....So,why not make it "Sallie Mae"........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trang Vo in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas said: please help me if someone know about lvn program is that easy?

I don't think that a good idea to looking for. I've recent graduated from a private lvn program, I went there 'cause one of my friend was studying in that school, and she said that is really ease. But now she's facing a big problem, she fail NCLEX twice 'cause she didn't repair enough. For me, and anyone that looking for a nursing school,especially private school, search for the most well-known and good quality school because they provide u good/better instructor,that's what I need. the money is still a issue,but if you pass the board, it's not a big deal anymore.good luck

mwhite in Bakersfield, California

60 months ago

I am starting Santa Barbara Business College on Jan 4th 2010 and i am very excited. It's gonna cost me 30,000G's but it's well worth it. I am a mother of 4 and i have been working in the medical field for 8 years now. I want to better myself for me and my family, but i will not let money stand in the way. I couldn't get approved for financial aid because my husband makes too much money. Is this crazy or what????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kellyyy Ho in San francisco, California

60 months ago

I've read from somewhere that LVN grads have hard time finding jobs.
If it's true then isn't it so not worth it to pay for private schools lvn program?
I have a BS degree and couldn't find a job in the related field. So I'm looking into nursing now but really I don't want to spend more time and money only to find out I can't find a job again. I guess I'm paranoid from my experience.
Any insights?

cherries_102 in Upland, California

60 months ago

Does anyone know the full tuition for the lvn program at concorde career institute in san bernardino, ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MOM2 in San Bernardino, California

60 months ago

cherries_102 in Upland, California said: Does anyone know the full tuition for the lvn program at concorde career institute in san bernardino, ca

Yes, I checked it out, it cost's $29,000. for the LVN program. The same as the other 2 schools in San Bernardino , too.

Julie in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

Has anyone gone to a trade school for LVN that can share their experience? I, like most, don't have a lot of time to be on a waiting list. On top of that, the CC programs are 2 years long. That means I could not work for 2 years which I just can't do!

The accredited schools in Sacramento CA are WCC and Unitek....both have a 80% passing rate compared to CC's which have 100% passing rates. Its a little nerve racking to pay over 30K for LVN school, but if I can bridge to RN later, it just might be worth it you know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

in Napa wich is about one hour from Sacramento the nex LVN program is going to start next year in January is 2 years however is only 2 days a week total units n suplies 2 to 3 thoundsand less if you get financial aid. With financial Aid 600 check the web Napa Valley College there is a lot of classmates Sacramento, Vacaville, San Francisco. We have a student who did the program in a private program in Vallejo and the school is not credit by the board. BE CAREFUL AND CHECK WITH THE NURSING BOARD IF THE SCHOOL IS CREDIT

60 months ago

Kellyyy Ho in San francisco, California said: I've read from somewhere that LVN grads have hard time finding jobs.
If it's true then isn't it so not worth it to pay for private schools lvn program?
I have a BS degree and couldn't find a job in the related field. So I'm looking into nursing now but really I don't want to spend more time and money only to find out I can't find a job again. I guess I'm paranoid from my experience.
Any insights?

Not true I hear from my teacher who is a member of some group that they actually trying to bring in more LVN's to cut the cost of the RN in all the health care facilities.

Whitney in Augusta, Georgia

60 months ago

Aries Princess in Sacramento, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for an LVN program at a trade school. The total cost is a little over 26,000 and i feel like it is alot of money. On the flip side, the amount i will be paying could be worth it. The 12-month program includes: 10 months clinical training which will go great on a resume... everyone wants experience now a days. Is this too much money?

Please forgive my ingnorance, but what is an LVN? In Georgia, at an excellent tech school, it is possible to get a Licenced Practical Nurse diploma, Registered Nurse Associate degree, etc., for free if you are a Georgia High School graduate. You can get the PRN diploma for free if you are not a HS grad from Georgia. This is through the Georgia Hope Progam. It is less than $1500 a semester at the local state university for a 4-yr nursing degree. It seems to me that what you are going to pay is outrageous. Perhaps you should shop around a bit more and/or consider moving to where you can get an education for a lot less money. Even consider the military. You can sign up and be trained as an LPN in either the reserves or active duty. You would also have the G.I. Bill when you got out plus a stipend while going to school. I served in the military; so, I am not suggesting anything I wouldn't do. Cudos for wanting to better your employment opportunities through more education. I just think you are paying way too much. Best of luck to you whichever you choose. Whitney in Georgia

Julie in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

its different here in CA, there are 2-3 yr wait lists to get into LVN/LPN programs at comm colleges....expensive trade schools are the only FAST way to get licensed unless you want to go the other route. Believe me, if I was younger with no mortgage payment I would not be willing to spend so much. Sometimes timing and scheduling are more important than money.

Anyone wanting to become a nurse right now might have special situations where one option may be better than another. I wish everyone the best of luck however they go about getting to their goal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

momjavier@hotmail.com in San Francisco, California

59 months ago

Hi yes that make you feel confident. Congratulations how did you make it?
You mach feel proud of your selfh.
How much and where?

Hilda in Monterey Park, California

59 months ago

Austin R in Santa Ana, California said: I graduated from North Orange County ROP December 2008. It's very hard work, waking up super early in the morning during clinical days, and having multiple projects at once, but it was well worth it. They did a very good job preparing us for the NCLEX. So far, everyone in our class has passed. It's a very good program. Most hospitals around that area actually prefer LVNs who graduated from North Orange County ROP because this school has very high standards.

Hi Austin, I'm hilda and I'm planning on taking the pr-entrance test into North Orange County ROP, and was just wondering what materials you will recommend for study towards that. Please help anyone if you know, cause I really want pass. Thanks.

anotherLVN in Santa Rosa, California

59 months ago

Albert in Garden Grove, California said: That is waaayyy too much money!!! think twice !! I honestly think it's a complete waste of your time.. many of this schools are in it for the money.. I wouldn't pay anything over 5000 for an LVN program. But if you're so blind and not smart enough for college or university level work, then I guess you really have no options..but seriously someone should sue this schools.. thats fooking crazy..

I paid 26,000 and feel it was worth it. Last year I made 53,000 so my school bill was 1/2 a years wage. It took one year including prereqs. right now I work about 50 hours aweek and take home 1,000 a week. Yea, I am very sure it was worth it. I live north of San Fran and my rent/utilities take up one weeks pay. You have to take into consideration the money lost waiting to get into a local college program and then the 18 months of school not counting prereqs, then the time waiting for the NCLEX... Pay the money and get it over with. When you go back for RN you will get one years credit for the bridge program. That means you finish your prereqs and then go to college for two semesters for RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

larry concerned father in Olympia, Washington

59 months ago

Another LVN in Santa Rosa... I would like your opinion.
I have been in IT my whole career and now have taught my replacements at the last 2 jobs. I carry a lot of baggage due to this. Now, the question.. I have a high school daughter who will graduate this year. She has close to a 4.0. We are having serious conversations with her about taking the LVN to RN to PA or whatever route. I have a BS and MBA. I just do not see the value of getting a degree and hoping all will be okay.. It is better to have a license and then earn a degree as time goes on. Unfortunate but true. Suggestions appreciated for a hard working daughter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JUDYWEES@YAHOO.COM in San Jose, California

59 months ago

Hi I am considering enrolling one of the LVN course in Bay Area..can you tell me which school did you go? I enquire about schools like Western Career College and Unitek..Please anyone know about good LVN course at Bay Area( Oakland, San leandro or San Francisco) Thanks.

59 months ago

NAPA VALLEY COLLEGE will be accepting applications for the 2011 for the LVN program is two days a week wich works very well for students with kids of full time job. CHECK THE PREREQUISITES however don't get discourage because a couple of the student put in their application at the end of the year and they still got accepted.

Cici in Tulsa, Oklahoma

59 months ago

I think you are so right. These private schools are ripping people off big time. I just got into the LPN program at Tulsa Technology Center and it will cost less than $5000 for tuition, books, uniforms, and all other supplies needed. I know some people say they just want to go to the private school because they don't have waiting lists, but at my particular school I didn't really have to wait very long and in the meantime I completed some prereq's for my RN. I would just tell everyone to try to apply to a vo-tech first to at least see if you can get in there first. Just think what you could do with that extra $15,000 you'll be saving from not going to the private school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Rocklin, California

59 months ago

Depends on what area you live, and your work schedule...my local comm college has a 3 yr waiting list for LVN, so consider yourself lucky if you can get in somewhere for that cheap! Its just not the case in Sacramento CA. When you consider the lost money in wages after waiting 3 yrs to get in...that is way more than 15K in tuition.
Good luck in your career=)

59 months ago

Does any body knows the salary range in SACRAMENTO CA, OR SAN FRANCISCO for LVNs

Titans in Salinas, California

58 months ago

Carol said: I paid 8,000. and school has 97 percent passing rate for state boards. look up nursing state boards, gives you list of schools and cost

Whats the school name would be helpfull!!

Mrs.Tillis in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

i plan on going to western career college soon..... to do the lvn-rn program..... all i have to say is dont be afarid of the cost because it will be worth it in the end... also u will get out fast...... im really excited,... i was going to go to the cc college but it a take longer and i dont have time for all that.... i feel like you get what you pay for...

Joe in Norwalk, California

57 months ago

I am very interested in enrolling into a LVN program very soon and am wondering if anyone has heard of Angeles Institute in Lakewood CA. I really dont want to dround myself in debt, the thought of 20k scares me. How do those loans work anyways? I doubt I can qualify for financial aid, since you pretty much have to be broke to get one. Any info would be quite helpful.

JRadke in Banning, California

57 months ago

i think everyones comments are very helpful in different ways. ive recently been looking to go back to school,with the economy the way is it,and my fiancee not workin as much, its the perfect time, because the state will pay for you to go to school. im not sure as to how much of my schooling they will pay for, because i am still in the early stages of getting things going,but im hoping for a large chunk,if not ALL of it!! ive looked at an adult schhol here in my town, and itll take 18 months to grgaduate, and cost $23,000!!!!!!!! ridiculous!!! ive now been looking into mt san jacinto college,which is a jr college here,in hopes that it will be cheaper.but for this i have to take pre requisites,and take an assesment test and do orientation......for the other school-all you need is your diploma!!! crazy the diff's already! has anyone completed the lvn program through a jr.college? and if so how much did it all cost you....books, units....registration..all of it??? thank you for your help, i need it!!!

57 months ago

I will be done this December and because i work part time and I have kids everything is cover from financial aid plus I just got a check for 3k books+supplies for the entire program was about 800 including the uniforms is at Napa Valley College.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Los Angeles, California

57 months ago

hey guys can anyone help me out i want to go back to school for lvn i found a school for 15000 but no financial aid just wanted to ask if anyone know of a better way to get the lvn classes cheaper
ilive in los angeles

Mika in Temple, Texas

56 months ago

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas said: please help me if someone know about lvn program is that easy?

Hi I went to Central Texas College in Killeen tx I graduated in 2003. The program was not real hard but it was very time comsuming and lots of studying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Long Beach, California

56 months ago

Joe in Norwalk, California said: I am very interested in enrolling into a LVN program very soon and am wondering if anyone has heard of Angeles Institute in Lakewood CA. I really dont want to dround myself in debt, the thought of 20k scares me. How do those loans work anyways? I doubt I can qualify for financial aid, since you pretty much have to be broke to get one. Any info would be quite helpful.

I was also interested in angeles institute but I was looking at the pass rate for the licensure exam for for 2009 and there was only a 59% pass rate for angeles institute. You should look into downey adult school; the pass rate there is 88%. Plus, it costs 5-6,000 dollars. I'm currently looking into this school myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marlana in Stockton, California

56 months ago

I would like to know the name of the school. the only one i've seen for 11mo. program with a cost of 33,850.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California

56 months ago

i spent 26,000 and the first year working I made 57,00 income.(i graduated october 2008, started working in feb 2009) the cost was a little less than 6 months of my pay. i pay 130 month payments on my student loan. i only had to finance 13,000. this fall i start back to school working on rn. if you are full time student your payments are stopped while you are in school. i say go for it!!

Daisyygirl in Palm Springs, California

56 months ago

I do think that $26,000 is alot of money,on one hand,youd finish alot faster with your schooling. but you should look into a community college,it might take a little longer to finish school, but it will be sooo much cheaper.,,,like around the $5,000, i would guess, and you can apply for cal grants and fafsa.....

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California

56 months ago

i applied to the local JC but decided i didn't want to wait and went to a private school(12 months long). at the end of school i recieved a letter from the JC saying i was accepted to start their program. the start date was 4 months AFTER my graduation from the private school. at the JC it was an 18 month program. considering i was working 17 months full time by the time i would have graduated the JC program it was much cheaper to pay 26,000 for the private program. the first 12 months working i made 57,000 income. by the time the JC program graduated i was all ready working for 17 months. dont look at the immediate cost of school. you have to average it out a couple yeard to know if you are paying to much. pay more up front and save alot over time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Long Beach, California

56 months ago

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California said: i applied to the local JC but decided i didn't want to wait and went to a private school(12 months long). at the end of school i recieved a letter from the JC saying i was accepted to start their program. the start date was 4 months AFTER my graduation from the private school. at the JC it was an 18 month program. considering i was working 17 months full time by the time i would have graduated the JC program it was much cheaper to pay 26,000 for the private program. the first 12 months working i made 57,000 income. by the time the JC program graduated i was all ready working for 17 months. dont look at the immediate cost of school. you have to average it out a couple yeard to know if you are paying to much. pay more up front and save alot over time.

lvn dude, what type of place did you get your first job at. A friend told me they aren't really hiring lvn's anymore. I'm not sure whether I should do lvn because I'm afraid I can't find a job after. Any advice you have for me??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marlana in Citrus Heights, California

56 months ago

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California said: i spent 26,000 and the first year working I made 57,00 income.(i graduated october 2008, started working in feb 2009) the cost was a little less than 6 months of my pay. i pay 130 month payments on my student loan. i only had to finance 13,000. this fall i start back to school working on rn. if you are full time student your payments are stopped while you are in school. i say go for it!!

thanks for the encourgement!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.