How much should we pay for an LVN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 185 of 185)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Maryann in Burkburnett, Texas

42 months ago

cd_egor in Wichita Falls, Texas said: I'm currently finishing up the LVN program at Vernon College in Wichita Falls, TX. The total cost I paid was just over $9,000 dollars, that is including books and 3 days of clinicals. When I saw your post asking about the cost, I thought that it only fair to share with you that there are other programs available for a cheaper price.

Did you like this course? I'm looking into applying here. Were you put on a waiting list? Did they prepare you for the exam? Thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moe in Santa Rosa, California

42 months ago

lisa in Vallejo, California said: Not to be rude and all why are you even in this form if you have a problem with people posting asking question about a certain program you dont even know the whole story behind the question that are being asked.

Thats OK, I have been to Vallejo. I understand what you are working with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nats in North Hills, California

41 months ago

Omg! 26,000!! Your lucky! I'm attending a 12 month LVN program and im paying 35000 dollars! In San Diego caliornia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackyma in Modesto, California

40 months ago

So, i went to school for Medical assisting, it was a 6 month program plus 5 weeks of externship, so ivew been out of school for 8 months now and still havent found a job!! Ive tooken the sutter test and belong to medical staffing/ temp agencies but the problem is i dnt have no experience besides my schooling and externship and thats all that employers want is ppl with experience, so how are we suppose to get a job? I wanna further my education into becoming a nurse but i dnt want not having any experience being the same problem. any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cheryl in San Diego, California

38 months ago

Hi Im cheryl. I am from rancho bernardo here in san diego. I am trying to get in to the VOCATIONAL NURSING PROGRAM AT MIRA COSTA COLLEGE @ OCEANSIDE. Its 18 months program. It costs $2800. But before i get in it, i have to finish the pre reqs which are :
- CNA
-HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS
-PHARMACOLOGY)
- & BODY SYSTEMS ( NURSING 151)
Im almost done with my my Pharm class, and i only have one left to go which is the body system.
The waiting list is 3 years long, but one of my charge nurse at work went there and said she didnt had to wait that long, so thats why i decided to go here tho im still working on my pre reqs, i think its better for those people espcially like me who worries when it comes on paying for college. And they are accredited too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

karen in Stockton, California

38 months ago

mzjoiu in sacramento, California said: Im looking for a school like yours, I have a question are you able to work and go to school on this type of program? Im a single mom, and I went to the JC's in sacramento and they told me that it would take 2yrs or more and theres a waiting list. I need some advice please help me!

WCC 1 year program pricey but worth it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Fallbrook, California

38 months ago

HI all:
I took a medical assisting program and never found work. I also am looking at miracosta college and their lvn program. Part time is nice, but is it worth it? What are the salaries? Are there jobs? Can anyone tell me the duties and what you would do in school? Thanks so much.

Cassandra in Tracy, California

37 months ago

I am wondering if I should take an lvn program and then do an rn bridge program or just go straight to rn.
I want to be able to work while going to school and get more experience, but i cant figure out which way would be better!

Brenda in Garden Grove, California

35 months ago

Angela in La Puente, California said: I am currently in an LVN program and the total cost for the whole 13 months is only $1900 that all. It its very hard work and the school is well know around the hospitals in Orange County. You should research North Orange County ROP program. It is such a great program and you learn the best and most needed things. The passing rate is 93% last year. Its really good. Just look into it if yoiur close.

Did you apply as a high school student or an adult? Because from what I know, now it's $4000 something. Can I get the number of the ROP program you went to?

T.C. in San Jose, California

34 months ago

karen in Stockton, California said: WCC 1 year program pricey but worth it

WCC (Western Career College) is now Carrington College. I just toured the San Jose campus and they are charging about $4,800 for a 16 month program. Just under 50k!!! I'm not sure why they are so much more expensive than other accredited programs. Still, I got a good feeling from them (aside from the sticker shock), and I am considering them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hello kitty in Placentia, California

34 months ago

$4,800? or $48,000

Rose in Oakland, California

33 months ago

It is less than $5,000 at a junior college and free if you qualify for AID.

T.C. in San Jose, California

33 months ago

hello kitty in Placentia, California said: $4,800? or $48,000

Sorry, I meant $48,000.

aimeelynn in Roseville, California

32 months ago

princessxdee in Elk Grove, California said: my boyfriend's little brother n his girlfriend just finished their lvn at unitek on howe ave in sac. it was 12 months long. the program is $30,000.

hi i know that you wrote this email a few years ago but i just wanted to ask you a couple ?s i am set to start unitek for the lvn program in feb and would love to talk to some people who went through the program. anyway you can help would be awesome, i know you said your boyfirnds lil brother did the program

aimee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sera in Vacaville, California

31 months ago

I just wanted to ask is Lvn program at blake austin college good ?.does the newly grad really get hired in hospitals from this college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte in Burkburnett, Texas

31 months ago

cd_egor in Wichita Falls, Texas said: I'm currently finishing up the LVN program at Vernon College in Wichita Falls, TX. The total cost I paid was just over $9,000 dollars, that is including books and 3 days of clinicals. When I saw your post asking about the cost, I thought that it only fair to share with you that there are other programs available for a cheaper price.

Was it hard?

Onesillygrl in Escondido, California

30 months ago

Hi where are u going for your CNA?

cheryl in San Diego, California said: Hi Im cheryl. I am from rancho bernardo here in san diego. I am trying to get in to the VOCATIONAL NURSING PROGRAM AT MIRA COSTA COLLEGE @ OCEANSIDE. Its 18 months program. It costs $2800. But before i get in it, i have to finish the pre reqs which are :
- CNA
-HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS
-PHARMACOLOGY)
- & BODY SYSTEMS ( NURSING 151)
Im almost done with my my Pharm class, and i only have one left to go which is the body system.
The waiting list is 3 years long, but one of my charge nurse at work went there and said she didnt had to wait that long, so thats why i decided to go here tho im still working on my pre reqs, i think its better for those people espcially like me who worries when it comes on paying for college. And they are accredited too.

sukh in Manteca, California

30 months ago

Other Guy in Montebello, California said: I dont know the exact cost but mine is going to cost around 29,000 so your lucky right there. my friend went to one for 20,000 but he said it wasn't a very good program.

How many year took to complete LVN? Actully i m from india and i dont know what i hav to do to get the job,i already did LVN from india.plz reply me back

Diva224 in Roseville, California

30 months ago

aimeelynn in Roseville, California said: hi i know that you wrote this email a few years ago but i just wanted to ask you a couple ?s i am set to start unitek for the lvn program in feb and would love to talk to some people who went through the program. anyway you can help would be awesome, i know you said your boyfirnds lil brother did the program

aimee

Hi Aimee,

I was thinking about starting the vn program in June . I haven't gone in yet to get more info but I was wondering if you knew what the schedule was? Did you get a good vibe at the school?

Diva224 in Roseville, California

30 months ago

LenaJ said: does anyone know of a good lvn program in sacramento cali..?? that isn't crazy expensive?? I'm looking into western career college for the lvn program but it's freaking expensive..43 grand...thanks

Hm there is twin rivers adult school $17,000 and tri county ROP yuba city is $10,500 or Charles a jones for $19,000

HappyB in Roseville, California

30 months ago

hoapres in San Jose, California said: An LVN is a complete waste of money and time. RNs can't find jobs. If you are from overseas then don't come to the US looking for work as we have enough unemployed Americans and don't need your services. AVOID ALL FOR PROFIT TRADE SCHOOLS as you will either spend or have a loan for over $20K for an AA degree without transferable credits and unlikely to find a job. Even BS degree graduates with an RN and prior work experience can't find work.

Did you get fired! You seem to be very angry at medical field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

hi, so far so good. i go in in the next two weeks for the final interview before school starts feb 6th. i will let you know how it goes. i keep reading a lot of mixed reviews so im anxious to find out for myself

thank
aimee

sukh in Manteca, California

30 months ago

ok u plz reply me back coz i m too anxious.

Kayla Lynn in Martinez, California

27 months ago

I am looking at completing the lvn program through either gurnic or american college of nursing in concord and wondering if anyone has gone there or heard anything about them. I am working on my medical assisting degree through heald college and love it there.

silviaaguilar31 in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I'm single mother of 3 kids and no child support and I just finished the lvn program please don't pay attention to negative comments

hi i also hae 3 kids and i do like this field but i am a litle scare i wont make at the and because i heard its hard. but congrats you made it.

27 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I'm single mother of 3 kids and no child support and I just finished the lvn program please don't pay attention to negative comments

hi i also hae 3 kids and i do like this field but i am a litle scare i wont make at the and because i heard its hard. but congrats you made it.

27 months ago

27 months ago

i have many friends who are LVNs and they love their jobs. you have just called an entire population of nurses worthless. think about your comment maybe be a little more tactful and respectful in your choice of words before you write them.

aimee

Marie in Converse, Texas

27 months ago

aimeelynn in Roseville, California said: i have many friends who are LVNs and they love their jobs. you have just called an entire population of nurses worthless. think about your comment maybe be a little more tactful and respectful in your choice of words before you write them.

aimee

@ Aimee..Im an LVN and I do love my jobs...Marie :)

Marie in Converse, Texas

27 months ago

hoapres in San Francisco, California said: ZERO

An entry level LVN is looking at a throw away job paying $10 an hour without benefits.

Wow....cost of living there is so high and LVN get paid for only $10.... thats ridiculous...as an entry level LVN, I started on 2008, my starting is $18..where I lived LVN is not a throw away job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

paula in Holualoa, Hawaii

25 months ago

Kellyyy Ho in San francisco, California said: I've read from somewhere that LVN grads have hard time finding jobs.
If it's true then isn't it so not worth it to pay for private schools lvn program?
I have a BS degree and couldn't find a job in the related field. So I'm looking into nursing now but really I don't want to spend more time and money only to find out I can't find a job again. I guess I'm paranoid from my experience.
Any insights?

I have been an LPN for over 30 years . I have worked in acute care-med/surg, ICU, and the Nursery in the past however, LPN's are not used as much in hospitals. My recent experience has been in an SNF as a charge nurse caring for 34 residents. I would recommend skipping the LVN program and go on to the RN program. More opportunity, better income. When I graduated the payscale between RN to LPN was insignificant, now it's major!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

new beginnings in Elk Grove, California

24 months ago

Does anyone know about the cost,length of the lvn program at kaplan in Sacramento?

jleigh in San Diego, California

20 months ago

hi, live in san diego, looking for advice. I am 51 single mom of 16, and low income. Must find a way fast to get income up, ive always thought of nursing... Im thinking Kaplan. Is there a test just to get in?? And reading these blogs, looks like a ruff start for lvns. There has to be a way to get a job, always an opening somewhere! What do they usually start you out as per year?? ANd how hard is it, if i take the plunge, i cant get kicked out cuz i couldnt keep up with the grades, and have to work to pay bills along the way. Community college out here, to long a wait... WHat else is there to do??? all i hear is how hard it is, and how hard to find a job!!! appreciate your comments

Charlotte in Burkburnett, Texas

20 months ago

I'm trying to get in the LVN program at Vernon college in Wichita Falls. I would love some feedback from someone who has graduated from their Vocational Nursing program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey in San Diego in Riverside, California

13 months ago

In my opinion having been a LVN for 6 years and not even making $19/Hr, I would recommend that one should pursue a RN degree and to not waste their time with a LVN program. The pay is ridiculously low, the respect given to LVN's is even lower, and guaranteed you will want more out of your career later. I'm able to finally apply for a BSN program now after getting my college credits out of the way. Getting into a RN program after having your LVN license is harder than one may think. To top it off, LVN's are being let go from most hospitals as most of these facilities are requiring ADN and BSN promoting EBP (evidence based practice). In a nutshell, stick with a RN program my friends and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.