17 and ready to start pre nursing school!! Yay!! Any tips my friends?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jerry Agee in Mobile, Alabama

45 months ago

Well I really didn't do much research on pre nursing school because I wanted it to be a surprise. I'm going next year during the fall and I'm very excited. So I would really be honored to hear some valuable tips for pre nursing school. I appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Salt Lake City, Utah

45 months ago

Why would you want it to be a surprise? That doesn't make any sense. You may not be mature enough for this field at this time. I am in my 30's and just finishing my nursing program and it has kicked my behind on more than several occasions. I have not ever had to retake a class, but the kind of committment and dedication and hard work that this education requires is not something you want to be surprised about.

Here are some tips: study like crazy, don't ever go out and play (except during break), spend your life in the lab, pretend you're a med student or intern because you will have the hours of one. Don't complicate your life with boyfriends or children - wait until you're done. Maybe consider medical assisting rather than nursing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

45 months ago

Pre-Nursing school? Like Pre-Med? Now, that's a surprise:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Morgan Hill, California

44 months ago

You really should take nursing school more seriously. The amount of work required to get into nursing school is a lot. You are going to take a lot of hard pre-nursing courses.

The amount of work required to graduate and get that NCLEX-RN is a lot as well.

Just like Melissa said, this is going to kick your butt. But if you do get through it, you will probably get a job if you're willing to move. And if the economy gets better when you graduate, you will be making good money with tons of jobs.

top-nursing-schools.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.