Change of career to NSG

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

kkatharine in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

53 months ago

Hi
I am grateful I am a Nurse and love the profession. Many of us though are asked to do fraudulent things consistently by the health care industry esprecially the Nursing Home industry which you mention in your question. The paperwork is fraught with opportunity for fraud and abuse so I am sorry to say.......it is not any different in that regard to be a nurse. I think where you place yourself is the key. The sports industry, the hospital, even as a independent therapist that goes to multiple industries. In my experience the sky is the limit for your industry.

FGT in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: I have been in Occupational therapy for a year and absolutely hate it. There is so much fraud and abuse by these therapy companies that it makes it hard to enjoy a job when you know you are just ripping off families of the elderly.

So many people have told me not to pursue nursing. I was thinking of a doing a 2nd degree bachelor's program that would only take about 12-15 months.

I would like some feed back from other nurses out there. Is this a good field to get into? I know you have to deal with horrible doctors, but are they that bad? And I hear the paperwork is extreme. Any thoughts are helpful. Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.