Current RN job outlook?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

WheelSpin in Everett, Washington

47 months ago

I'm a recent nuc med tech grad searching for work in a bleak market with no job prospects. The job outlook in nuc med is extremely poor & likely to remain so for several yrs. Lately, I've been pondering RN school (Did originally before going to nuc med school), though my wife, who is a nurse, believes the RN job market is also poor in our area (WA State) from her experience, though ironically, she has a good job. However, her hospital does have a hiring freeze in place at this time.

I'm specifically seeking feedback from RN's familiar with the situation in the WA State region, since this is home for me, with no likelihood of moving. Reading the threads in this forum, there are mixed signals in re: the RN job market outlook. Nursing offers a potentially broader range job opportunities (relative to the market, of course) compared to nuclear medicine, & since I already have a license & some patient care experience from the that training, with most prerequisites done (I would only need to complete microBio), it *might* be an alternative, viable career pathway. Nuc med is in serious job hiatus; an oversaturated job market. My concern is that nursing could be in the same or similar situation, & I do not wish to re-live that experience again.

Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.