Does it help your chances of getting an RN job if your bilingual.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

Are bilingual nurses preferred, is it easier to get an RN job if you know spanish?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

20 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: Are bilingual nurses preferred, is it easier to get an RN job if you know spanish?

Its almost mandatory now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PeterEgan in Long Beach, Mississippi

10 months ago

In certain markets that will almost certainly result in a larger salary than would a nurse who speaks only English.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Biff Bradford in Madison, Wisconsin

10 months ago

Here, you stand a better chance getting a clinic job in certain parts of the city, but in big hospitals I don't think there is an advantage. Large hospitals hire translators for all languages for liability issues I'm sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

unbelievable in Fontana, California

5 months ago

Biff Bradford in Madison, Wisconsin said: Here, you stand a better chance getting a clinic job in certain parts of the city , but in big hospitals I don't think there is an advantage. Large hospitals hire translators for all languages for liability issues I'm sure.

Anything that is valuable to the employer and makes you stand out in the crowd will help you land a job before someone else. So I agree with everyone else it depends if your employer serves a large population that speaks Spanish. In homecare you would be valuable if the agency had Spanish speaking clients. Hospitals have translators but they are not just standing nearby . Time is precious . Your ability to speak Spanish would be an asset.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.