New Graduate Nurse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2200)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Angela in Iowa City, Iowa

62 months ago

I am a new graduate from the University of Iowa and my senior internship was in labor and delivery, which is the area I hope to end up. I know you said you wanted local graduates but I am trying to get out of Iowa and I have no interest in ever moving back. I understand your reasoning but if I'm able to change your mind I would love some more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

linda in La Jolla, California

62 months ago

WOuld you take a job with out benefits to begin with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fogcity in Alameda, California

62 months ago

LVNguy in Santa Rosa, California said: In my area(northern calif) there is a LTC/SNF that has begun hiring new grad RNs instead of LVNs and only paying them $1 an hour more than they pay LVNs. They have no problem getting RNs to hire on because there are so many new grads desperate for any kind of job. This is a reason for both RNs and LVNs to worry. And people are taking about a "nursing shortage"?

So much for "Nursing Shortage", but tell me more. At this point I am open to almost anything. Where should I apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

New Grad in Passaic, New Jersey

62 months ago

Hi everyone! I graduated from nursing school in january and passed my boards in may. Also, I have filled out and sent over 150 resumes in hospitals, clinics, nursingt homes, and any other health care facility that will hire a RN, and have only received 3 interviews which included one at a abortion clinic, second in a inner city, high crime, stray bullets in the air shootings Newark, NJ. I feel like moving out of state my self at times, however the unemployment rate is the same across the board... I feel extremely frustrated and don't know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post your response. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sunshine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

you know, it is absolutely disheartening to realize what tight times we are in the midst of. i know some of you will judge me or label me but i had to leave home at the age of fifteen and started to dance at topless clubs just to make it. i always loved school and worked so hard to put myself through college because i knew that it was my only hope to create a life for myself. i am now sitting here as a registered nurse with no job. it brings me tears to look back at the blood, sweat and tears that i went through and the sacrifices that i made to better my life. only to now not be able to find a job. i am panicking just like so many of you beautiful souls on this forum. it is heart breaking because you think you are choosing an amazing profession that gives back to man kind but no one will give us a chance. no wonder there is a nursing shortage...their expectations are a bit too high. these hospitals are too greedy to take us new grads in and give us the training we need. sad thing is i guarantee you they are missing out on some amazing nurses that have been grown on american soil. during school i witnessed so many foreign nurses that came here to work and to be honest their attitudes were horrible. they barely spoke english and by the way they treated me as a student i would hate for them to be my nurse. but i know that the lord truly has a plan for all of us. must be patient. god bless you all......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jacquelyn in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

Sunshine:

What you said was truly heart-felt. I could feel your frustration and I can totally empathize with you. However, have you thought about working as a Travel nurse, but staying local. Or even applying at Temp agency's. I know right now you are looking for benefits, although I know some temp agency's offer benefits to their employees. I see this as a great opportunity for you to get some experience under your belt and to learn to make lemonade out of lemons.

Stay encouraged and know that God is working it all out for you and the rest of people that are face with this same task.

-jacquelyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tsh in Rancho Cucamonga, California

62 months ago

Even full time experienced nurses are either being laid off or cancelled in Hospitals nowadays. Nursing units were closed to save costs. Nurses in these closed units are dispersed to other units within the hospital. Rendering the ratio of pts & nurses unbalanced. Hang in there new grads. Hopefully Obama's new Health Care reform would end our anxieties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

see....exactly what i mean by foreign nurses being rude. look at how worked up you got over that comment. you may have experience but do you have compassion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

pay attention to the content...it states clearly that the foreign nurses i am personally referring to did not speak english....don't take it personal...you are a canadian right? at least you speak our language. to be called a foreign nurse is not even a bad thing. it is the truth. you are foreign and a nurse. the nurses i am speaking of in my own personal encounters are from elsewhere. so, take a chill pill honey. i love canadians....relax. read deeper and just don't assume things. good for you being recruited that is awesome...more power to you. the hospitals that i trained in unfortunately did not have canadian nurses. they had other nurses and to be honest their english skills sucked and they often got in trouble for speaking amongst themselves in their own language and the hospital even had to set a rule that they had to speak english when giving report or when any where around the nurse's station. hey, you know what if we cannot speak our feelings and call it like we see it what is the point of this life? you need to be able to express your feelings and say things the way they are. this life has become such a "stroke fest"....i am not going to kiss any one's butt or be scared to say what or how i feel. i speak the truth and i will go out of this world doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Pompano Beach, Florida

62 months ago

Don't feel to badly, I sold my house to go to nursing school and if anyone had told me I would graduate and pass the boards and not be able to get a job, I would have thought they were crazy; but that's exacly what has happened..Don't be disheartned, nothing stays the same forever, it has to change...I tell myself, If I can survive Nursing School I can survive anything, so I won't give up!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fogcity in Alameda, California

62 months ago

Wow..., where are the postings of the rude foreign nurse who can't speak English?

Sunshine, more power to you for putting yourself through nursing school. You made many sacrifices to be come a nurse. As a new grad I do feel your pain. Though I put my life on hold for 3 years to get a nursing degree, went into debt to finance my $80,000 education, and have been looking for a job since September last year, I feel my struggles pale in comparison.

Though I am an immigrant myself and have been fully U.S. educated before I even entered nursing school, not to mention acculturated, I know what you are referring to by "rude" foreign nurses. Though the San Francisco Bay Area is very culturally diverse, contributing to the attraction of living here, my overall experience has been really good.

The only unpleasant - though not horrible - experience I had was during my first clinical. Some of the foreign, elder nurses I was working with were rude and continued speaking their language although they were perfectly capable of speaking English. Overall, I think this is a management problem as well as a individual issue of poor upbringing. Don't be disheartened by these uneducated individual - there are plenty of nice, highly committed, and caring foreign-born nurses (U.S. and foreign educated ones) who are love living in this great country. Just ignore those not worthy your attention. And don't give up hope.
I am often so discouraged that I don't even want to get out of bed in the morning, much less look for jobs that don't exist, or where you have to compete with over 350 other applicants for 5 openings, what else can we do but keep looking. Hang in there, you are not alone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

April RN in El Dorado Hills, California

62 months ago

Hi,
I just wanted to give everyone an update for Northern California. I know things still seem very depressing. I wanted to pass on that I have received messages almost everyday for the last 2 weeks from our class of 30 that graduated in May, most have jobs! I would say at least 15 or 16 now have jobs. It feels like things are turning around here so maybe elsewhere also? I don't have a patient care job yet but I am keeping my hopes up. I have had 7 interviews now, I just think they are looking at my weight as being a liability even though I have been heavy all my life and don't seem to have any side effects yet and I'm trying. Very difficult to eat healthy on a limited income. Employers are able to pick the cream of the crop and thats just not me I guess!
Hopefully there is a positive message in there somewhere.
Good luck to everyone, I wish that we all could be hired somewhere.
April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

miss april you are a beautiful child of god, do not give up. your size should not be a liability. keep pushin on and striving because you and your unique characteristics are what will ultimately connect you to your patients. you have so much to offer. and if someone is judging you then you absolutely do not want to work for them anyhow! so keep on goin' and find that perfect fit. lots of love and light from florida....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Modesto, California

62 months ago

Fogcity in Alameda, California said: Tell me about it. I started looking in September. Though I had several leads and 1 interview, I am still looking. So depressing. All you hear is "hiring freeze" and than you find out they hired someone anyway. Some employers don't even bother to reply at all despite having required lots of additional work (several essays)with their e-application process. The least they could do is send out a mass mail informing those who weren't chosen. A little courtesy wouldn't hurt them...

Courtesy is not their strongpoint. It's unfortunate so many new grads are having trouble finding jobs. Do you feel like you've been mislead? I know " the nursing shortage" has been on the news a lot. I think many people thought this would be a no fail profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marymc in Rancho Cordova, California

62 months ago

April RN in El Dorado Hills, California said: Hi,
I just wanted to give everyone an update for Northern California. I know things still seem very depressing. I wanted to pass on that I have received messages almost everyday for the last 2 weeks from our class of 30 that graduated in May, most have jobs! I would say at least 15 or 16 now have jobs. It feels like things are turning around here so maybe elsewhere also? I don't have a patient care job yet but I am keeping my hopes up. I have had 7 interviews now, I just think they are looking at my weight as being a liability even though I have been heavy all my life and don't seem to have any side effects yet and I'm trying. Very difficult to eat healthy on a limited income. Employers are able to pick the cream of the crop and thats just not me I guess!
April

My daughter is graduating from Sonoma State with a masters in nursing. She, ideally, would like to stay in Northern California. Where did the people you refer to find work? Do you think that having a masters will help her?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

sunshine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: miss april you are a beautiful child of god, do not give up. your size should not be a liability. keep pushin on and striving because you and your unique characteristics are what will ultimately connect you to your patients. you have so much to offer. and if someone is judging you then you absolutely do not want to work for them anyhow! so keep on goin' and find that perfect fit. lots of love and light from florida....

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm trying to stay positive but I don't know how long I can do it for.
April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

marymc in Rancho Cordova, California said: My daughter is graduating from Sonoma State with a masters in nursing. She, ideally, would like to stay in Northern California. Where did the people you refer to find work? Do you think that having a masters will help her?

I'm sure having a Master's is a plus. My classmates (ADN program)were hired at different facilities. 3 in Reno at Renown which has tons of jobs. I went for an interview and they said they hired 50 new grads last month and 30 so far this month. A couple were already working at hospitals and were hired at the hospitals into RN positions, and a few have gone into convalescent care. Only 1 received a job in a new grad residency program. Most are in Sacramento Valley or foothills. And one relocated to Susanville. So the jobs are out there. Just gotta show up in person and be determined. This is in Northern California, I don't know what it's like elsewhere.
Good luck to your daughter, I hope someone is helped by this posting!
April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David RN in Scottsboro, Alabama

62 months ago

Wow! At the beginning of today I was optimistic that maybe I would find a job very soon, that is until I saw this forum. I graduated in May from a BSN program and passed my boards in June. I have been applying since before I passed my boards and have yet to get an interview. I changed my major 3 years ago from biomedical engineering to nursing, some days I wish I could go back. As a male nurse I thought I would have no problem finding a job since I was told they were in "high demand". I have applied to every full time position in Alabama as of right now and several hospitals in Floriday, Georgia, and Tennessee and have had only 3 responses. Those responses were due to me calling the HR/Nurse recruiters at those hospitals. All responses were the same, " we are sorry but we don't need a new nurse at this time." Its bad when you are willing to move anywhere for a job, but no one will give you a chance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rn_extradorinare in California

62 months ago

New RN's cant get a job b/c even the experienced RN's cant!!! I am in Birmingham (ignore the CA location listed in my screenname). I have 8+ yrs of experience in everything possible. I have my BSN from Auburn. I have 7+ yrs of travel experience that has allowed me to be well rounded. Guess what? I have been unemployed for months now. I have sent out tons of emails, resumes, applications, phone calls and almost NO responses. I have tried to even get a travel position too and they are dried up. This is the WORST time in nursing that I have seen in 8yrs! And no offense, but it's not fair for brand new graduates to get jobs when experienced RN's cant....so although I feel bad for you and others like you...I am thinking about experienced RN's like myself. Good luck to you and I dont know what to tell you about a job. I think the nursing schools should be ashamed of themselves for spitting all these new grads out deceiving them to believe that jobs are plenty for them. I think the new grads in this country have a rude awakening before them unfortunately. Also, if this explains anything....I was told today that I couldnt apply for a travel job in SC b/c the hospital pulled the position....they had received 150 applications already....for ONE job!!!!! Also, another job I found out today in TX was only paying $17/hr!!!! Are you kidding me? Yes, that is what the economy has done to the nursing field. It is NOT a recession proof profession. I have never felt more hopeless, degraded, frustrated, desperate, or depressed. God help us all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Keisha in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

A in Brooklyn, New York said: I started my new-grad RN job search back in December and thought for sure I was doing everything right -- now it's late June and I still don't have a job. I've been on 2 job interviews but was told during them that the positions were very competitive... I don't know what to to. I've exhausted all hospitals in New York... :(

I have a friend that recenctly was hired at King's County Hospital. She was a BSN degreed new graduate RN. This was recent, about two weeks ago I believe. She interviewed and two days later received a call that she got the job, slated to start Aug 3.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

work andplay in California

62 months ago

There's a new hospital opening here by my area in September. I know most of you don't want to re-locate. It's in Los Angeles county area. Let me know if you're interested in working in the High Desert area of southern California.
I keep finding so many rn positions I wish I was an rn. I just lost my job as a science teacher and there so many rn jobs where I live. I just need a diploma. You're so luck. Just keep looking, or e-mail me. moni0032 at yahoo. com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cc_RN in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

work andplay in California said: There's a new hospital opening here by my area in September. I know most of you don't want to re-locate. It's in Los Angeles county area. Let me know if you're interested in working in the High Desert area of southern California.
I keep finding so many rn positions I wish I was an rn. I just lost my job as a science teacher and there so many rn jobs where I live. I just need a diploma. You're so luck. Just keep looking, or e-mail me. moni0032 at yahoo. com

i am interested in the High Desert hospital in soCal...can you provide me with more information, please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

work andplay in California said: There's a new hospital opening here by my area in September. I know most of you don't want to re-locate. It's in Los Angeles county area. Let me know if you're interested in working in the High Desert area of southern California.

Unfortunately just being a new grad doesn't get you a job. A majority want experience also. Good luck to you, I'm sure California economy will ease up soon and then we won't have enough teachers again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nurse in Stoughton, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Congress has a bill looking to import Foreign Nurses

www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_2536.html

Most are all new graduates and most have no US hospital experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joannava in Oceanside, California

62 months ago

Linda in La Jolla, California said: I am thinking of creating a new grad training program for per diem psotion nurses in Perinatal (Labor and Delivery, NICU, Post partum (couplet care), and Antepartum nursing. These would not be benefited positions. Still interestd?

I am very interested. Being a military spouse, I am in no need of benefits. Please provide additional information if you are still extending the opportunity. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fogcity in San Francisco, California

62 months ago

RN in Modesto, California said: Courtesy is not their strongpoint. It's unfortunate so many new grads are having trouble finding jobs. Do you feel like you've been mislead? I know " the nursing shortage" has been on the news a lot. I think many people thought this would be a no fail profession.

When I decided to become a nurse (2003), I did so because I wanted to make a difference. However, the prospect of easily getting a job was a major factor in taking up $80,000 in educational loans. Though I do not feel mislead when I embarked on my nursing career, the continued talk of a "nursing shortage" infuriates me because it is now highly misleading.

Nursing schools all over the country continue to crank out nurse who are now unable to find employment because employers are unwilling to invest in training them; they rather leave positions unfilled when they cannot find more experienced nurses who are affordable (around 2 years of experience). At the same time hospitals are trying rid themselves of highly experienced RNs who are costly by retiring them with nice severance packages. Call me cynical, but it all comes down to the bottom line rather than a high motivation and a desire to make a difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keisha in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

Great, but unfortunately that does nothing for us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer in Birmingham, Alabama

62 months ago

it is so sad to hear from others!i see im not alone,i graduated in 08 and passsed my boards,i have been looking for a job for more than 8 months and im asking myself what is going on!!!im very frusted!!!!!

62 months ago

Jen, Im in Bham too. You haven't been able to get hired anywhere? I noticed UAB just posted a Nurse Intern program to start in September. Check that out and see if you qualify. I have almost 8 yrs of experience and I am looking into Intern programs to switch specialties b/c Im sick of M/S. I might even have to move out of state b/c I haven't been able to find any work anywhere either. Have you signed up for unemployment? Good Luck.

62 months ago

girl, i feel ya. i graduated in december of 08 and still have no job. what are we supposed to do? will we lose our skills and get so far away from remembering our material that we will be useless? i am really scared! i am in florida. hopefully things will change. lots of prayer, yoga and red wine!

Angie in Deerfield Beach, Florida

62 months ago

I am always concern that if we do not get a position soon after passing the boards there's a possibility we are going to forget our skills (use it or loose it)..I graduate in Dec.. Passed boards April and not even an interview...What am I not doing? I need a job soon to pay my student loan, they've start sending the bills already...Please Lord, Help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

April RN in El Dorado Hills, California said: Hi,
April

Just an update from me. I am now an employed new grad nurse. I found a job 2 1/2 hours away from my house in Reno NV, but it's a job and I will get my experience in. I hope this is encouraging for the rest of you. It has been nice to be able to come to this site and vent and feel the support of others, so thank you all. If things are looking up for me, I'm sure others will get their first job offer soon! Just keep plugging along and try not to take it personally if they don't choose you the first few times!
Good Luck and Thanks
April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

April RN in El Dorado Hills, California said: Just an update from me. I am now an employed new grad nurse. I found a job 2 1/2 hours away from my house in Reno NV, but it's a job and I will get my experience in. I hope this is encouraging for the rest of you. It has been nice to be able to come to this site and vent and feel the support of others, so thank you all. If things are looking up for me, I'm sure others will get their first job offer soon! Just keep plugging along and try not to take it personally if they don't choose you the first few times!
Good Luck and Thanks
April

Oh yeah, and it is at an acute care hospital which I have been wanting

jackie in Candler, North Carolina

62 months ago

they are starting to close more hospitals here in northern cali because of the budget crunch!!!!!!my friend julie works in the adm office and saw the paperwork, but not set to close until the new fiscal year which ends in september!!!!!! i am going back to hawaii where there are plenty of medical jobs. stay strong, jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LM in Birmingham, Alabama

62 months ago

David RN in Scottsboro, Alabama said: Wow! At the beginning of today I was optimistic that maybe I would find a job very soon, that is until I saw this forum. I graduated in May from a BSN program and passed my boards in June. I have been applying since before I passed my boards and have yet to get an interview. I changed my major 3 years ago from biomedical engineering to nursing, some days I wish I could go back. As a male nurse I thought I would have no problem finding a job since I was told they were in "high demand". I have applied to every full time position in Alabama as of right now and several hospitals in Floriday, Georgia, and Tennessee and have had only 3 responses. Those responses were due to me calling the HR/Nurse recruiters at those hospitals. All responses were the same, " we are sorry but we don't need a new nurse at this time." Its bad when you are willing to move anywhere for a job, but no one will give you a chance!

I know how you feel I have applied to every job in Al and cannot find a job I have been a RN for 15 years this sucks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

DANGEROUS NURSES in Candler, North Carolina said: maybe you suk!!!! WELCOME TO THE "REAL WORLD" . JUST BECAUSE YOU WENT TO NURSING SCHOOL, DONT EXPECT THE WORLD TO BOW DOWN TO YOU!!! YOU NEED EXPERIENCE AND THE HOSPITALS CANT AFFORD TO GIVE IT TO YOU!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE PATIENT'S LIFE AND HEALTH?????? IF YOU DONT HAVE EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RISKING THEIR LIVES!!!!!!! PATIENTS TODAY ARE MORE CRITICALLY SICK AND NEED IMMEDIATE INTERVENTION, NOT SOME GRADUATE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO A CAREPLAN (REMEMBER THOSE??) AND PERHAPS A FOLEY!!!!! WORK AS A CNA LIKE ME!!!! I CAnt tell you how many new grad nurses lost their licenses for not following the nurse practice act!!!!! GO AHEAD DO SOM ETHING STUPID , CAUSE YOU NEED THE $$$$$$ AND WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR LICENSE, BLAME YOURSELF, NOT THE HOSPITAL!!!!

wow, you need to check yourself lady or dude. for one, we have gone to school and made a trillion sacrifices to do so. we absolutely deserve for a hospital to take us on and train us. and of course we need more training post graduation. you CHOSE to be a cna and we CHOSE to be r.n.'s. so don't come on this forum and start bashing us. we need you and you need us. if these hospitals do not start taking on their young and putting forth the money to get us trained and ready to go there will be a major problem once health care reform starts happening. you think the hospitals are crowded now and you are overloaded now? Well, get ready. it is so pathetic. this country is so cheap. everyone is afraid to lose a penny. i am willing to work for ten dollars an hour just to get experience. and as for you grumpy old person who wrote that crappy comment above.....you really make me want to reconsider my choice of ever wanting to work in a hospital. you sound like a mean old grouch. your patients skills sound way off. please, no bed bath from you , thank you very much. so, stop judging us. we want a job and are willing to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

lazy nurses in Candler, North Carolina said: EVER THOUGHT ABOUT MOVING OUT OF ALABAMA????????? USE YOUR CRITICAL THINK SKILLS YOU WELL TRAINED NURSE WITH NO EXPERIENCE APPLYING FOR NURSING JOBS THAT DONT EXIST!!!!!!! CALL TRUCK MASTERS!!!!!YOUR "HIGHLY EDUCATED NURSING CAREER" IS ON LIFESUPPORT!!!!! I HEAR THE TRASH P/U COMPANIES ARE HIRING IF THAT ISNT "BENEATH YOU" GOOD LUCK.

you are an ignorant and miserable human. please retire and free up jobs for people with hearts, depth and intellect that have compassion for what others are going through. get a life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

LM in Birmingham, Alabama said: I know how you feel I have applied to every job in Al and cannot find a job I have been a RN for 15 years this sucks!!

just keep on looking,never give up coz this is ur passion me and u both,i will never ever give up.compare to what i have gone through my life I will never ever give up and to all of u NEW GRADS GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Experienced RN's deserve the work before new grads...sorry guys to tell you the hard truth cause it hurts...but those of us who have been out of school and have tons of experience deserve to be hired first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

why don't you people stop thinking that we want your jobs. of course an experienced rn should be hired before a new grad. for one, a hospital should not be hiring a new grad for an experienced nurses position...... it is so irrellevent .....we are upset because no body will hire us and train us and give us a chance. you are upset because you cannot find a job. it is like comparing apples and oranges. get your job, keep your job...go for it. we don't want your job...we want training. what we new grads are willing to work for and do ..i am sure you are not. you have experience and i am sure expect a higher pay, a better unit , etc. hello? !!!??
funny thing is you guys are the same ones bitchin and moanin' about the "nursing shortage"....whatever.....and if you have experience there is no reason you should have probs finding a job....here in south florida there are hundreds for experienced nurses...so what't the problem for you? like i said...stop comparing apples and oranges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Colleen in San Diego, California

62 months ago

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declared the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future". Keep looking up! God will bless you for your efforts, heart, and hard work! Blessings!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

rn_extradorinare in California said: Experienced RN's deserve the work before new grads...sorry guys to tell you the hard truth cause it hurts...but those of us who have been out of school and have tons of experience deserve to be hired first.

Your "hard truth" is untrue! You sound like a bitter, unkind, and uncompassionate RN. I wouldn't let you care for myself or anyone I know or love. If you are such an "RN extradordinare", prove it by practicing compassion and love. You don't deserve any more breaks than anyone else. If you're working...I am amazed and feel sorry for your employer and patients. If you aren't working, I'm not surprized. Patient's deserve an nurse with not only "tons of experience", but also deserve an RN with a heart...which you sorely lack. You sound bitter and vindictive! Get over yourself, and mind your own business. If you have nothing positive and supportive to offer on this forum, quit commenting. The world doesn't need more cynical, unkind, and rude people like you in it! I pray that God softens your heart. You certainly need it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Great comment! This "RN extraordinare" sounds like anything but her self description. If she is unemployed I certainly see why! What a cold hard heart! She needs to do a seld inventory, and maybe she will discover that she is not the super nurse she thinks she is. Skills and experience are important, but a kind, compassionate heart are equally or even more important! As far as apples an oranges...she sounds like a bitter prune! I'm going to stop receiving posts on this forum if comments like hers continue to be posted! It is very discouraging and hurtful! Thank you for your eloquent response to this self proclaimed "RN extraordinare". She needs a reality check! She is not "all that". It's no wonder she can't find a job! Heaven help her patient's if she does obtain a position! God bless you abundantly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

You are an arrogant, self centered, and hard hearted person. I pray you do a self inventory, and that God softens your heart before you care for patients. They need more than experience in nursing skills. They need a nurse with love and compassion, which you sorely lack. Get over yourself...self proclaimed "RN extraordinare". You are anything but that! If you can't comment in a supportive manner...stop commenting on this forum! You are discouraging, unkind, hurtful, and negative. There is already far too many people in this world like you...none of us need your sarcasm and arrogance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Modesto, California

62 months ago

sunshine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: why don't you people stop thinking that we want your jobs. of course an experienced rn should be hired before a new grad. for one, a hospital should not be hiring a new grad for an experienced nurses position...... it is so irrellevent .....we are upset because no body will hire us and train us and give us a chance. you are upset because you cannot find a job. it is like comparing apples and oranges. get your job, keep your job...go for it. we don't want your job...we want training. what we new grads are willing to work for and do ..i am sure you are not. you have experience and i am sure expect a higher pay, a better unit , etc. hello? !!!??
funny thing is you guys are the same ones bitchin and moanin' about the "nursing shortage"....whatever.....and if you have experience there is no reason you should have probs finding a job....here in south florida there are hundreds for experienced nurses...so what't the problem for you? like i said...stop comparing apples and oranges.

I don't understand why hospitals are not hiring new grads, even an experienced foreign nurse is going to need orientation/training.

All experienced nurses started out as new grads.

Maybe you should contact your local news station or newspaper and start getting the word out about your difficulty finding work. The public will be shocked and I'm sure supportive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Judge not...lest you be judged. You are way off base, and a very negative person. You have no business nursing if you have not heart...judging from your disgusting comment you do not have one, so consider getting professional help for anger/bitterness management, and consider taking an etiquette course as well. All the nursing experience and skills in the world mean nothing if you haven't got a heart for others. I will report you for abusing this forum if you do not cease from posting such vile and discouraging comments. There is no excuse....you are not better than a new grad...in fact we have the edge...we actually care about our patients, and take time to tend to them holistically...MIND...BODY...AND SPIRIT! Your negative and disgusting comment was damaging to mind, and spirit! You can kill a patient's will to live...and I believe you will if you continue...if you haven't killed someone already! STOP YOUR VILE COMMENTS IMMEDIATELY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Loved your comment. This forum attracts all kinds. Some are so judgemental, and unkind...it's unbelievable. I'd call it ignorance, and arrogance. Thanks for telling her/him like it is! I support you 100%. Blessings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Colleen in San Diego, California said: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declared the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future". Keep looking up! God will bless you for your efforts, heart, and hard work! Blessings!

lets all keep looking and praying for everybody who needs to be AN RN.I know all of us need to have ajob,it is bitter and sad but God is seeing us through.for those of u who have got the job congrats and those who are looking i say good luck and i know u will get it.just keep on looking.God knows who you are and desires of ur heart and trust me HE will provide it if u trust HIM.KEEP UR HEADS UP N KEEP LOOKING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Colleen in San Diego, California said: You are the "stupid" nurse. No heart, no compassion! You need to consider another profession if your comment is a true reflection of who you are as a person. Your negativism is offensive, and uncalled for. I WILL REPORT YOU FOR ABUSE OF THIS FORUM IF YOU CONTINUE TO POST SUCH DISGUSTING COMMENTS! STOP IMMEDIATELY! THE WORLD IS ALREADY FULL OF UNSTABLE, HATEFUL, DISCOMPASSIONATE, ANGRY SOULS LIKE YOURS. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING!

good for you for standing up for what you believe. some of these people are scary. no wonder us new grads cannot get jobs with some of these psychos out there ruining it for us. oh well, we will be good. i guess we just have to practice patience. God bless you colleen!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Hi Sunshine. I already commented on your response to the psycho's who rant on and on. They won't ruin it for any of us new grads. If anything, they will make us shine! You'll do great! Practice patience, and wait on the Lord. Draw near to Him. He will carry and bless you for your persistence and passion for giving loving, compassionate, and competent nursing care to those He puts in your path. God bless you and I promise you He will prosper you and bless the work of your hands.
Love,
Colleen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.