Sponsorship for US trained nurse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 123 of 123)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Sheila in Bridgwater, United Kingdom

54 months ago

Hi Tristan
If you used the 60 days grace period on your OPT to add up to 12 months experience, that is perfect it adds up to the 12 months required in the UK. There is no such thing as a preference for female Nurses in the UK. I am here and I have been contacting recruitment agents and asking questions. On the contrary, male nurses are encouraged. As for Australia,a friend of mine from Brazil and myself did try the Australian route last year but they had insisted on the 12 months. The only other option was South Arabia, which i absolutely did not want. We both left the US. she went back to Brazil and they refused to register her in the nursing board over there, without experience.she was so sick of her nursing dilemma in the US and all that she changed professions. She is now a teacher and loves her new found calling. Whatever the case, know that you are highly qualified do not let this situation make you believe that there is nothing out there for you. I spent a total of $85,000 for education in the US. I cut my losses and moved on. You are leaving in a few days, just be positive that everything will work out. If you can and believe, let God take care of the rest. who knows Maybe you will make a great manager or executive in a multimillion corporation.Maybe you will get an excellent job in Australia. best of wishes and have a safe trip. If you do decide to try Europe, email me at ojongaya@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Bridgwater, United Kingdom

54 months ago

Tristant in New Bern, North Carolina said: Thank you Sheila. Your words mean a lot to me and Im glad there are many people feel the same way about this situation. I am disappointed with U.S government about

Hi Tristant
If you used the 60 days grace period on your OPT to add up to 12 months experience, that is perfect it adds up to the 12 months required in the UK. There is no such thing as a preference for female Nurses in the UK. I am here and I have been contacting recruitment agents and asking questions. On the contrary, male nurses are encouraged. As for Australia,a friend of mine from Brazil and myself did try the Australian route last year but they had insisted on the 12 months. The only other option was South Arabia, which i absolutely did not want. We both left the US. she went back to Brazil and they refused to register her in the nursing board over there, without experience.she was so sick of her nursing dilemma in the US and all that she changed professions. She is now a teacher and loves her new found calling. Whatever the case, know that you are highly qualified do not let this situation make you believe that there is nothing out there for you. I spent a total of $85,000 for education in the US. I cut my losses and moved on. You are leaving in a few days, just be positive that everything will work out. If you can and believe, let God take care of the rest. who knows Maybe you will make a great manager or executive in a multimillion corporation.Maybe you will get an excellent job in Australia. best of wishes and have a safe trip. If you do decide to try Europe, email me at ojongaya@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Tristant in New Bern, North Carolina

54 months ago

I think you should fire "your fellow Americans" who let me graduate with straight A's, shouldn't you? And thank you, haters are my motivators. God bless your heart.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dupli in louisville, Kentucky

52 months ago

Hi Tristant, Sheila and Yasuko hope you are doing well.
I would greatly appreciate your advice.
I have a BSN. 12 mths exp on OPT. No H1B post OPT.

What could you advise me ?
MSN- NP ?
Study in UK ? and then work there ?
Find work in UK ? How and where ? I am about to begin the process for NMC,UK.

Yasuko's experience of not find a job post MSN is very disheartening.
Tristant, where are you nowadays please update me.

Sheila, you are the only one who is showing some hope for students like me. Please post a reply.

Please send me an email at z2qc1@hotmail.com
Seeking some advice, greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey

52 months ago

Hi Dupli,

Thank you for the message.
Since my last post, I found a job as a wound care specialist.
My company was willing to sponsor me for H1B visa. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the visa because the cap reached on the day my application was submitted. Now, my company is helping me get a green card.
I think I was lucky that I found this company.
I should not say uncertain things to you, but you may have a chance to get H1B if you have MSN/NP, Certified nurse specialist...

To guest.
I studied with American students in pre-nursing,BSN and MSN programs. I saw American students who were not accepted to nursing programs because of low GPA,withdrew from BSN or MSN program, being kicked out from the programs because of academic dishonesty.
I believe most people posting here had studied hard in college, received RN/ASN or RN/BSN, and are willing to work for American people like I am doing now.
I also pay federal and state taxes every two weeks.
Some of my colleagues don't want to work as a full-time, so I work more time as a full time for them.

Dupli, Hang in there!!

Yasuko

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Tristant in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

52 months ago

Hi Dupli,
Thanks for your concern about me. I am back to my country, Vietnam almost 2 months and I have been out of work for 3 months. I am struggling with finding a job offer in Australia because they keep rejecting my application due to my 10 months experience. I am also having a hard time finding a job as a nurse here in Vietnam because I am way overqualified for their positions here. In addition, most hospitals here favor Good Looking Female nurses rather than Male nurses. My family has been convincing me apply for job using my bachelor degree in Business management which i can make a lot money than in hospital here ($1,500 per month in business field vs $250 per month in nursing field) I really want to continue working as a nurse and I don't care how much Im gonna make but there is no nursing job offer for me either (I also cannot use my license here because medical system here is much different to the States)
I am gonna take IELTS test, an English test requires for foreigner whose English is not their first language in order to apply license in Canada and in UK. While waiting on Australia, I will apply for Canada and UK.
I was planning go back the States to get MSN-NP in the future. However, now I am considering studying in Canada where they are more open for HIGHLY-EDUCATED HARD WORKER like us.
Dupli, hang in there. If you want to continue to MSN, go for it!!!! I will not give up my nursing calling, and you will not either, :) Wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey

52 months ago

Tristant in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam said: Hi Dupli,
Thanks for your concern about me. I am back to my country, Vietnam almost 2 months and I have been out of work for 3 months. I am struggling with finding a job offer in Australia because they keep rejecting my application due to my 10 months experience. I am also having a hard time finding a job as a nurse here in Vietnam because I am way overqualified for their positions here. In addition, most hospitals here favor Good Looking Female nurses rather than Male nurses. My family has been convincing me apply for job using my bachelor degree in Business management which i can make a lot money than in hospital here ($1,500 per month in business field vs $250 per month in nursing field) I really want to continue working as a nurse and I don't care how much Im gonna make but there is no nursing job offer for me either (I also cannot use my license here because medical system here is much different to the States)
I am gonna take IELTS test, an English test requires for foreigner whose English is not their first language in order to apply license in Canada and in UK. While waiting on Australia, I will apply for Canada and UK.
I was planning go back the States to get MSN-NP in the future. However, now I am considering studying in Canada where they are more open for HIGHLY-EDUCATED HARD WORKER like us.
Dupli, hang in there. If you want to continue to MSN, go for it!!!! I will not give up my nursing calling, and you will not either, :) Wish you the best.

Hi Tristant,

I just read your comment to Dupli.I believe nursing is your calling. Don't give up and keep faith. I also believe your future patients will be happy to be taken care of with your compassion and dedication in patient care.
Hang in there.
God bless you.

Yasuko

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dupli in louisville, Kentucky

50 months ago

Hi Yasuko, Tristant and Sheila hope you are doing well.
My hospital had applied for an H1-B for me as a Clinical Nurse analyst/ICU nurse, based upon my BSN-RN, MBA(I.T).

It was denied today. Seriously sad until your posts uplifted my spirits (again). I am looking up MSn programs. However i could not find any job offerings for APRN's who need a H1-B.

Yasuko, it would be very helpful if i could talk to you in detail. my email is z2qc1@hotmail.com
I would like make sure I picked up the correct program rather than something that gets me denied again. I hope you know what I mean Yasuko.

England opportunities are far away it seems. Almost a year to get all the paper work complete. I plan to get into an MSN program ...let them cook my paper work and then see if I can be eligible to work in England.

Currently my wife is working here and so I dont have to leave. I am also trying to search some research opportunities.

yasuko please email me.

Thanks a lot for all your kind words and motivation.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

darwinmoore in New Britain, New York

50 months ago

I think there are companies who will sponsors trained good nurses to us. You can visit this link this will help you www.nursesrx.com/non-us-nurses/non-us-nurses-intl.aspx.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Bridgwater, United Kingdom

50 months ago

Dupli in louisville, Kentucky said: Hi Yasuko, Tristant and Sheila hope you are doing well.
My hospital had applied for an H1-B for me as a Clinical Nurse analyst /ICU nurse, based upon my BSN-RN, MBA(I.T).

It was denied today. Seriously sad until your posts uplifted my spirits (again). I am looking up MSn programs. However i could not find any job offerings for APRN's who need a H1-B.

Yasuko, it would be very helpful if i could talk to you in detail. my email is z2qc1@hotmail.com
I would like make sure I picked up the correct program rather than something that gets me denied again. I hope you know what I mean Yasuko.

England opportunities are far away it seems. Almost a year to get all the paper work complete. I plan to get into an MSN program ...let them cook my paper work and then see if I can be eligible to work in England.

Currently my wife is working here and so I dont have to leave. I am also trying to search some research opportunities.

yasuko please email me.

Thanks a lot for all your kind words and motivation.

Hello Dupli so sorry to hear about your H1B. How are you coping? If I may advice, go into a health informatics program or a nurse anesthetist program instead of another nursing program. IT degrees are the ones who get the most H1B approvals, you can see the report on my visajob.com. Unless you really want to stay in nursing. For me, the nursing profession has become a job, I think the whole jobless stress in the US, and the stress of getting registered here, has left a bad taste for the profession. so I am planning on starting a health informatics degree next year here in the UK. If you ever need to pursue the UK route. I am here to walk you through it. Just email me. Best of luck and wishes. Sheila

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Bridgwater, United Kingdom

50 months ago

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey said: Hi Tristant,

I just read your comment to Dupli.I believe nursing is your calling. Don't give up and keep faith. I also believe your future patients will be happy to be taken care of with your compassion and dedication in patient care.
Hang in there.
God bless you.

Yasuko

Hi Tristant I hope you are alright. I saw your post about the situation back home. so sorry. Don't give up. You have a management degree, use it to your advantage. Here in the UK I applied for some management positions, wanting to get out of bedside nursing because I realized that I have become less passionate about it. i was told I needed at least a certificate in management. So please apply for management positions in hospitals if available. Best of luck and wishes. sheila

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dream in Lansing, Michigan

49 months ago

Reeya in Holmdel, New Jersey said: i am RN Nurse without BSN and i have more then 3 years of exp. in USA. i m on F1 visa, got CPT from School and working on hospital as supervisor. Hopstial Management said provide me sponsorship.

Can i apply for H1b or Greencard directly. please anymore can give me advice for that.

@Reeya: Can you please tell me the name of hospital in New Jersey who said that they will sponsor you ??? Please!! It will be a great help if you could tell me the name of the hospital you worked for.. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dream in Lansing, Michigan

49 months ago

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey said: Hi Dupli,

Thank you for the message.
Since my last post, I found a job as a wound care specialist.
My company was willing to sponsor me for H1B visa. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the visa because the cap reached on the day my application was submitted. Now, my company is helping me get a green card.
I think I was lucky that I found this company.
I should not say uncertain things to you, but you may have a chance to get H1B if you have MSN/NP, Certified nurse specialist...

To guest.
I studied with American students in pre-nursing,BSN and MSN programs. I saw American students who were not accepted to nursing programs because of low GPA,withdrew from BSN or MSN program, being kicked out from the programs because of academic dishonesty.
I believe most people posting here had studied hard in college , received RN/ASN or RN/BSN, and are willing to work for American people like I am doing now.
I also pay federal and state taxes every two weeks.
Some of my colleagues don't want to work as a full-time, so I work more time as a full time for them.

Dupli, Hang in there!!

Yasuko

Can you tell me the name hospital or agency who you work for ??

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Van in Lynnwood, Washington

44 months ago

Tristant in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam said: Hi Dupli,
Thanks for your concern about me. I am back to my country, Vietnam almost 2 months and I have been out of work for 3 months. I am struggling with finding a job offer in Australia because they keep rejecting my application due to my 10 months experience. I am also having a hard time finding a job as a nurse here in Vietnam because I am way overqualified for their positions here. In addition, most hospitals here favor Good Looking Female nurses rather than Male nurses. My family has been convincing me apply for job using my bachelor degree in Business management which i can make a lot money than in hospital here ($1,500 per month in business field vs $250 per month in nursing field) I really want to continue working as a nurse and I don't care how much Im gonna make but there is no nursing job offer for me either (I also cannot use my license here because medical system here is much different to the States)
I am gonna take IELTS test, an English test requires for foreigner whose English is not their first language in order to apply license in Canada and in UK. While waiting on Australia, I will apply for Canada and UK.
I was planning go back the States to get MSN-NP in the future. However, now I am considering studying in Canada where they are more open for HIGHLY-EDUCATED HARD WORKER like us.
Dupli, hang in there. If you want to continue to MSN, go for it!!!! I will not give up my nursing calling, and you will not either, :) Wish you the best.

Hi Tristan,

I'm currently an international nursing student from Viet Nam. I'm in the BSN program in Washington state. I hope everything has worked out for you. I can understand that it was extremely stressful to find a job. Did you go back to school for the MSN-NP degree or find a job with RN degree? I would love to stay in touch with you and learn about your experience.

Best Regards

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Van in Lynnwood, Washington

44 months ago

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey said: Hi Dupli,

Thank you for the message.
Since my last post, I found a job as a wound care specialist.
My company was willing to sponsor me for H1B visa. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the visa because the cap reached on the day my application was submitted. Now, my company is helping me get a green card.
I think I was lucky that I found this company.
I should not say uncertain things to you, but you may have a chance to get H1B if you have MSN/NP, Certified nurse specialist...

To guest.
I studied with American students in pre-nursing,BSN and MSN programs. I saw American students who were not accepted to nursing programs because of low GPA,withdrew from BSN or MSN program, being kicked out from the programs because of academic dishonesty.
I believe most people posting here had studied hard in college , received RN/ASN or RN/BSN, and are willing to work for American people like I am doing now.
I also pay federal and state taxes every two weeks.
Some of my colleagues don't want to work as a full-time, so I work more time as a full time for them.

Dupli, Hang in there!!

Yasuko

Hi Yasuko,

Thank you for sharing your information with us. That is really inspiring. Were you a BSN when they hired you? Since you were hired as Wound Care Specialist, I would assume that you have a higher degree then BSN. And also, I would love to know how you persuaded the company to sponsor for you.

Best wishes for you.
Van

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey

44 months ago

Hi Van,

I have BSN and MSN. I think it is really difficult to find a job and a sponsor for H1B even though you have an RN license with BSN.
After getting MSN and family nurse practitioner, I was looking for a job and a sponsor for H1B but it was not able to find any for a while.
I was really lucky to get this current job.
You may be laugh and won't believe if I tell you how I got this job......
I must say God gave me this job. really.
I know this is not helpful. but it is true.
I think if you get Master of Nursing, you may have a chance to get both a job and a sponsor.
Currently nurses with advanced degree, nurse practitioner, certified midwife, certified nurse specialist, certified nurse anaesthetist, nurse manager but regular nurse can apply for H1B visa.
I recommend you to pursue higher degree of nursing.

Good Luck!
Yasuko

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Van in Everett, Washington

41 months ago

Hi Yasuko,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think it will be best for me to pursue a higher education. Since you are already working in nursing field, do you have any recommendation on which degree I should go for. Which one would require least training and give me better chance of employed.

Thanks so much again for your helpful post. I hope everything has been going well for you

Van

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Yasuko in Voorhees, New Jersey

41 months ago

Hi Van,

Which nursing job are you interested in? If you already have special skill and knowledge, those will be helpful when you apply H1B visa. If you are interested in primary care, family NP program may be a good choice. I see more NPs working in nursing homes and Dr's office.
I wish you will find a job and sponsor for H1B after completing the higher education program!!

Good Luck!

Yasuko

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

HarmonyCare in Boynton Beach, Florida

41 months ago

Medical Staffing Network used to sponsor nurses, not sure if they still do, but you may want to check them out.

msnhealth.com/

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Carl in Frederick, Maryland

41 months ago

Help to secure green card and employment possible for foreign RN/BSN who is serious about a career in the US. Email carl444@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Alexandria, Louisiana

39 months ago

Hello!!! I was wondering - have you found OPT? If so, where? I cant find a single hospital that would be willing to accept me for OPT. I am currently in accelerated RN/BSN program on F-1 visa.
Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dupli in louisville, Kentucky

39 months ago

Nicole in Alexandria, Louisiana said: Hello!!! I was wondering - have you found OPT? If so, where? I cant find a single hospital that would be willing to accept me for OPT. I am currently in accelerated RN/BSN program on F-1 visa.
Thank you for your help!

I completed my Accelerated RN/BSN, did my one year opt in Kentucky. drop me an email, will talk to you z 2 q c 1 @hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

HopefulRN in Nassau, Bahamas

32 months ago

BSN trained nurse pursing an MSN in Education at a US school. Presently have a US license and seeking hospital sponsership. Any information you can provide will be helpful. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.