What to expect from Nursing school if you are a guy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

chator in Anaheim, California

66 months ago

I know this field is heavily saturated with women, both in and out of the classroom. Will i face any woman discrimination? If there are any guys reading this, what has your experience been like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FYI in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

chator in Anaheim, California said: I know this field is heavily saturated with women, both in and out of the classroom. Will i face any woman discrimination? If there are any guys reading this, what has your experience been like?

I'd say some[women] will appreciate your contribution and enjoy having you around, and others will be insecure and see you as a threat. Just two general examples of what could happen based on my experience. It just depends on the environment I guess. Some people are just difficult to work with. If you just show respect, you shouldn't have a problem. If a problem does arise, confront it and move past it. I find there are alot know it alls but not many mentors. However, there are many friendly nurses just trying to do what they went to school. I just try to stay away from the drama and haters. Works for me most of the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam RN BSN in Hialeah, Florida

63 months ago

Nursing school for me was positive, the only pushback I received was in L& D rotation, understanding the gender sensitivity I would be permitted to view birthing, and review charting and that was all...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.