Global Health Nurse Training Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 337)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Stella Bella in Hammonton, New Jersey

54 months ago

Has anyone completed the RN program at Global and been able to get a job? Is the RN program Accredited?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia said: I live in the area and have never heard of Global. With the plethora of excellent schools in this area, why choose Global? I started nursing school at Marymount and transferred to GMU. Now, I'm an RN at GW and go to grad school there too. There are world-renowned schools here, like Georgetown, George Washington and Hopkins. Why choose Global? Furthermore, it is very difficult to get an LPN position unless you choose LTCs and Rehab. I have heard of a good LPN school out in Leesburg, Virginia which is really inexpensive too--I don't recall the name though, but I think it's a part of a high school and offers night classes for adults.

Some people do want to be wait listed for nursing school. Most, or even all universities have limited amount space. That means most who apply will get wait- listed. Were you ever wait-listed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia

54 months ago

Stella Bella in Hammonton, New Jersey said: Some people do want to be wait listed for nursing school. Most, or even all universities have limited amount space. That means most who apply will get wait- listed. Were you ever wait-listed?

No, I was never wait-listed. Is Global really accredited? I looked at the site out of curiosity and I think it is only accredited of the LPN program. Anyway, this thread just caught my attention because it's about a school in Alexandria that I had not heard of before. Surely, with all the schools in Virginia, Maryland and the District, a prospective student would choose an established school? Recently, I've seen a group of LPN students from Radians College in DC at my hospital. There's another school that I wasn't aware of either. And why are the students at these schools 99% black? Just an observation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Why should race matter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Stella Bella in Hammonton, New Jersey said: Why should race matter?

It doesn't. Just an observation that these schools are primarily black.

54 months ago

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia said: It doesn't. Just an observation that these schools are primarily black.

Where is Marymount?

54 months ago

Stella Bella in Hammonton, New Jersey said: Where is Marymount?

Arlington, Virginia. Good school but way over-priced.

Vicky in Centreville, Virginia

54 months ago

Is that a problem that the school is %99 black. They arent allowed to have an education?

kay in Germantown, Maryland

54 months ago

The school is not accredited. it is over piced and over rated. nobody should go there. a lot of peolpe had called the board of nursing about what is going on there but dont know what they are waiting for?

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland

54 months ago

for the writer that said the school was not accredited,check your facts before you spread rumors,that's all i have to say

54 months ago

kay in Germantown, Maryland said: The school is not accredited. it is over piced and over rated. nobody should go there. a lot of peolpe had called the board of nursing about what is going on there but dont know what they are waiting for?

Maybe they did go there and nothing was found.

54 months ago

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia said: No, I was never wait-listed. Is Global really accredited? I looked at the site out of curiosity and I think it is only accredited of the LPN program. Anyway, this thread just caught my attention because it's about a school in Alexandria that I had not heard of before. Surely, with all the schools in Virginia, Maryland and the District, a prospective student would choose an established school? Recently, I've seen a group of LPN students from Radians College in DC at my hospital. There's another school that I wasn't aware of either. And why are the students at these schools 99% black? Just an observation.

There were complaints about that school as well on allnurses.com

54 months ago

Danyiel in Washington, District of Columbia said: I will be attending in January, 2009

How do you like the school so far?

54 months ago

Susanna in Streetsboro, Ohio said: I am currently enrolled in the LPN program. The school it self doesn't look impresseve. They really do have first rate teachers that are MD/PHDs. They have very high standards, many people can't make the grades to pass. I would only recommend this school for good students because a lot of people can't keep up with the science and end up dropping out.

Hello are you still enrolled at the school?

54 months ago

Vicky in Centreville, Virginia said: There were complaints about that school as well on allnurses.com

Do you mean Radian's College because I heard open complaints from the students while they were doing clinicals on the unit. We have many other groups from Catholic University, Georgetown and George Mason and the caliber of experience and knowledge is vastly different. They DO more and have a deeper understanding of pathophysiology. I have never seen anyone from Radian's pass a med with their instructor. They do lots of ADLs and paperwork.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Yes I was talking about Radians college.

kay in Washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland said: for the writer that said the school was not accredited,check your facts before you spread rumors,that's all i have to say

The LPN program is accredited but the RN is not.

54 months ago

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia said: I live in the area and have never heard of Global. With the plethora of excellent schools in this area, why choose Global? I started nursing school at Marymount and transferred to GMU. Now, I'm an RN at GW and go to grad school there too. There are world-renowned schools here, like Georgetown, George Washington and Hopkins. Why choose Global? Furthermore, it is very difficult to get an LPN position unless you choose LTCs and Rehab. I have heard of a good LPN school out in Leesburg, Virginia which is really inexpensive too--I don't recall the name though, but I think it's a part of a high school and offers night classes for adults.

You have to live in that county to be able to attend

54 months ago

kay in Washington, District of Columbia said: Thank God you are the few people that paid for 12 credits of medsurge, without said and done patho was never thaught but was put on the transcripts that there was a patho class. my aunt went to GLOBAL i know i everything that went on. If i were you, i will stop calling people hypocrits, stop endorsing the school and pray that they get an accreditation for the RN and move forward. Do you know the number of people that had called the board of nursing? Did you take Patho class by itself, or u took medsurge and the directors and others decided they can not give the the students the money back so they are going to put patho on their trancripts to make it looK cool. do u know that is fraud? Just be happy that u were one of those chosen few that her supernatural instinct told her to send u to the boards. That is why the school is 100% Africans.

Auggie35001 thank you for your input.It was helpful

flame82297 in Elkridge, Maryland

54 months ago

This is for brambleton & kay: this is a nursing forum that people come to to get info on nursing programs, practices, jobs, & etc.. I can't believe as nurses that you're making notes of the % of africans in a program or making racial remarks. I would appreciate that we stick to the subject and and leave the racial comments to ourselves.

An Excellent Grad in Woodbridge, Virginia

54 months ago

kay in Germantown, Maryland said: To be honest, no african american or caucasion can survive that school.

Actually, I am a Caucasian and have survived and actually thrived through the program. Those who are complaining won't end up being nurses no matter where they go. The program has wider acceptance standards than other schools, which accounts for the plethora of individuals who fail out and look for someone to blame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Flame, I am not making racial remarks, am rather drawing your attention to what is going on in a country that u might not be aware of. First of all the nursing proffession is hot and people will do anything to become nurses eventhough to some it is not their calling. Others that have the opportunity to help will reap people off! it is the same thing that happened in the housing business, then it crushed. How can a school that is not accredited in the RN program charge 12credits for medsurge 1? Pls calculate $400x12 and tell if its right? if Harvard will not charge 12credits for medsurge. If an African wants to be an enterprener, its an excellent opportunity but to look into peoples eyes and rip them off becos of their limitations, then it is wrong. Dont tell me that white folks dont apply to that school, they do but they will not accept them becos they know the consequences if they mess with them. It is wrong to take advantage of people because of their limitaion that you are aware of. Again she graduated the students, took money from them for gown, ceremony and stuff and in in abt 2months after graduation she repeated about half the class? does this happens in U.S. It is sad, those that had the strength had moved on, others are still hanging out in dispair all in the name of R.N credential

54 months ago

kay in Germantown, Maryland said: The last time I checked, there was only 1 caucasion in 2008RN, 2Hispanics in 2009RN in GLOBAL.I know people that went there and have been there before. one caucasion graduated in 2008. Dont say they will not make it, they will---,becos if some of them have the piece of mind, not being draged out of class for tuition anytime there is an exams, they will make it.

A good way to get piece of mind is by paying your tuition. Pay your tuition on time, and you won't get taken out of class. One shouldn't get involved with something they can't pay for. It's quite simple.

It's mind boggling that people think they'd be able to manage patients as a nurse when they can't pay their tuition on time. Additionally, look at the spelling and grammar in some of these posts. Personal responsibility plays a large role in why many people end up dropping out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Kay in washington DC,please go to the virginia board of nursing,click on education program,you will see that Global has provisional approval by th vbon to operate, also a couple of my co-worker did the Rn program and are licensed in the state of Maryland,if you know any thing about Mbon then you know that they don't grant licensed to non approved school.

54 months ago

Your are right that personal responsibilities plays a role. i do like to admit it if some one is right, with that said that is why there are student loans, financial aid and all that.If the school fees is not paid on time, i hope you have heard of the term LATE FEE? it is always an option, you dont have to drag a student out of class because of late payment whenever there is an exams. Is is planned or what? Again i do not need a PHD in english to blog! if you do respond to me, that means u understand the level of english i write. I dont have to be shut down becos of the way i write, rather you have to listen.

54 months ago

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland said: Kay in washington DC,please go to the virginia board of nursing,click on education program,you will see that Global has provisional approval by th vbon to operate, also a couple of my co-worker did the Rn program and are licensed in the state of Maryland,if you know any thing about Mbon then you know that they don't grant licensed to non approved school.

Thank you! Another voice of reason here. The VBON has granted the initial approval for the RN program (I believe two more quarters of NCLEX results are required for the next step), and they are actively pursing the NLNAC accreditation - a process that takes years. There is a difference between going to a school that is seeking accreditation, and a school that has been denied or had their accreditation revoked.

54 months ago

Yes the RN program had the licensed but, not the accreditation, that is why there are over 50 students waiting for the almighty accreditation to be granted so that they can transfer somewhere else. My point is, an education is the best tool one can have as as asset but dont reap innocent people off in the name of education, thats all.

54 months ago

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland said: Kay in washington DC,please go to the virginia board of nursing,click on education program,you will see that Global has provisional approval by th vbon to operate, also a couple of my co-worker did the Rn program and are licensed in the state of Maryland,if you know any thing about Mbon then you know that they don't grant licensed to non approved school.

vanessa, starting a school is a business, they do present their proposal and get an approval.The fact that they have the right to operate, yes they do have the right to right to write their boards, hold their license and hold any nursing job that they want becos guess what? ---they have the right to. this is simple law.people are just dying for them to get the accreditation so that they cam move on with their lives.

Stella Bella in Darby, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

kay in Germantown, Maryland said: Yes the RN program had the licensed but, not the accreditation, that is why there are over 50 students waiting for the almighty accreditation to be granted so that they can transfer somewhere else. My point is, an education is the best tool one can have as as asset but dont reap innocent people off in the name of education, thats all.

I'm lost! What's going on?

54 months ago

I just blogges some facts about GLOBAL.

54 months ago

kay in Germantown, Maryland said: Yes the RN program had the licensed but, not the accreditation, that is why there are over 50 students waiting for the almighty accreditation to be granted so that they can transfer somewhere else. My point is, an education is the best tool one can have as as asset but dont reap innocent people off in the name of education, thats all.

kay, as i say before,a couple of my co-worker finish the program,sits the nclex and are now licensed in the state of maryland as RNs,as long as you can be licensed there should be no problems,as to the part of being ripped off,every one that went to global to fill out an application, see the price per credit before they sign up no one hold them up with a gun and takes there money,Radians charge $43000,for there RN program, i don't hear any one complains,and trust me there are not the best, but we choose to go to these school in the hole, so we have to deal with it. Some other writer complain about the director and her attitude,who care if she is pleasant or what,you need a lpn/rn degree she DON'T, she's rude so what, hey move on get what you want out of there and run thanks for listening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Vanessa, Let me make my self clear, as far as the school has the approval to operate then they have the priviledge to take their students to the boards.We are fortunate to be in a democratic country and as such no one holds a gun infront of a student in search for a education and force the student to register for classes. What bugs me is that, in the course book medical-sugical class was 6credits, when school re-opened the students were told it was 12credits. what school in this country charges 12credits for medsurge 1? The students went ahead paid for the class, others that could not afford it, left. The next semester the students were told that they were overcharged for medsurge1, instead of refunding their money back to them, they faked 2 classes pathophysiology and medical terminology on their transcripts. If you are a likely stedent you get A, the rest gets B.Is this right? That is fraud.Why didn't they give the students their refund and teach the course instead of faking grades and courses on transcripts? WE HAVE TO ENCOURAGE,TEACH AND SUPPORT OUR FOLKS WHO ARE WILLING TO SPEND MONEY AND TIME ON EDUCATON, rather than intimidate, and run them broke till they quit. WE HAVE TO ESCAPE FROM OUR MINORITY MENTALITY AND ASK QUESTIONS, SPEAK UP AND MAKE FACTUAL POINTS WHEN MAKING DECISIONS. I dont know anything about radians and what is going on there but maybe nobody is complaining because the faculty makes good decision regarding students academics.

54 months ago

Apr 13, 2009, 08:08 PM
this is from allnurses.com

Re: Radians College
I am currently a student at Radians college. You can take the Nclex in other states. The problem with the school is they tell you 16 months but it much longer than that. Since attending that school, I have had one teacher that couldn't teach. They also have these test which are called Ati and Hesi, they are worth 40% of your grade. We started out with a class that had 24 people we are down to 12, some transferred and some failed. I say shop around check out Global Health Nursing School, I heard lots of positive things about them.

54 months ago

Here's another one
Apr 15, 2009, 02:19 PM

Re: Radians College
I have so much to complain about this school. I joined in Sept 2007, its now 2009 and am still not done with my LPN. First of all the communication btwn the administrators and students is horrible. They lie about things. I was in the first batch of evening students who were introduced to the ATI testing. They told us they were just checking how we wld fare in the exam. We did the pharmacology ATI test and guess wat, they said those who failed cld not continue, can u believe it. Said it was a new school rule. So some of my classmates ended up going to VMT in DC. I had an unfortunate accident during my 2nd sem where i was audited by the IRS and had to pay them or they wld garnish my wages so I kinda had to drop out b4 my last sem. I kept contact with the school though and was regularly talking to a the Admin. They told me I cld resume in March this year so the whole of 2008 I stayed home, saving and excited that i wld go back to my last sem and finish. When i went back in March, I was rudely told that i had to repeat my 2nd sem and cldnt proceed. Can u believe it. I wasted a whole year waiting knowing I only had Med Surg II and Pediatrics to finally finish school, only to be told i have to repeat Maternity, Med Surg I and Mental Health all of which i had passed and scored B's. I am now searching for another school but i will report Radians College to the BBB for misleading me. Wat a waste of time. And also one more word of advise to anyone planning to attend Radians, anytime u pay for books, ur fees anything......ASK FOR YOUR RECEIPT. If u dont, they will act like u never paid. I know a few pple who've had to pay school fees twice because the accountant refuses to accept that he collected any money from them.
I am still pysched and will go on to finish my LPN, and hopefully by God's grace go on to be an RN. I wont give up on my dream just because Radians sucks. They will get what they deserve fo

54 months ago

Am sorry you have to go through financial and medical issues only to find another one waiting. It is not the end of the world, research for another school and go back and finish up. All is not lost, just stay firm and you will do it.

vanessa in Greenbelt, Maryland

54 months ago

Kay,if what you said about the padded grades is correct,that is not only fraud,that will also the worst thing any school can done,that is why cheating in the nursing program is a growing trend,any one who has not have the proper training can not be a good nurse, because they will not be able to tell a critical value,also the school nclex performance will not be good,but i am only talking about the school licensure, BBB, fox5, News7, should have been involved, for those student that don't have a voice, for them self to get their refund,also the board of nursing should get involved for the fake courses that they have not taken.But as i said i am talking about licensure

me in Chantilly, Virginia

54 months ago

relocating to Virginia in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I have read so much about Global...but don't know what to do. I am looking for a LPN school, I believe I will be living in the woodbridge area or alexandria.....Need direction

hey...this is a good school i started when i was 18 and by 20 i had graduated with my LPN. Ms Karbgo is a very nice woman if you respect and listen to her. You are going there to learn not to become friends with her. When i started i was very confused, young and disoriented but she gave me the chance to prove myself and i did. The clinical advisors are wonderful, i learnt a lot from there. I might be a lot of work but trust me its worth it and the strong survive, I suggest you go in and talk to them. You wont be disappointed if you go there for the right reasons which are to learn and not to worry about what is going on around you. I would love to go back for my RN soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Chantilly, Virginia

54 months ago

worried and wondering in Baltimore, Maryland said: Please give me details. I was thinking of enrolling in the May class. You can email me at bmoredr@hotmail.com

its not a bad school. Go in yourself..i will tell you one thing NEVER JUDGE A SITUATION OR SOMEONE UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM OR THE SITUATION. If you are dedicated and ambitious you will make it there. Yet again YOU NOT GOING FOR THE OWNER , you are going to get your EDUCATION and FOCUS ON YOU. I finished last year and the advisors helped me throughout and most of all believed in me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

great day in Alexandria, Virginia

53 months ago

I am going to take the wonderlic test with them pretty soon for lpn. How was the test and what to they teach you in the lpn program?

tanya in Bethesda, Maryland

53 months ago

The school is good. Teachers are great and the education is quality. People might say negative things, but never judge someone or something until you have had a bad experience with them. The exam is easy, even if you do not do well don't worry. The program is 12 months and when you are done you will take a comprehensive exam!
Be patient, humble and listen! You wil do great!

TreatAndStreetRN in Woodbridge, Virginia

53 months ago

Wanted to echo some of the posts on here (although I think tanya is talking about the LPN program in terms of timeline).

It is an incredibly tough and comprehensive program. The school has some organizational issues that they are quite clearly actively pursuing to correct. That said, the education is second to none. Many incoming students simply cannot, for a variety of reasons, keep up with the standards. If you're smart and dedicated, its terrific. I feel much better prepared as new RN (boy that's fun to say!) than many of my peers from other schools.

The toughness pays off. NCLEX-RN was actually one of the easiest exams I took as a student. 75 questions in less than 30 minutes and I was an RN. Like I said, if you're willing to learn and be pushed, go for it. If you've ever uttered the phrase "this is too much work..." don't be a nurse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

how did every one do on the wonderlic test

53 months ago

i was just wondering but how did global health steal your guys money like what would they do because
i don't want to go to that school and have it be done to me.

Shay in Fairfax, Virginia

52 months ago

Vicky in Centreville, Virginia said: Hello Fallon,

Im suppose to start next month for the evening class. how are you doing in your classes?

I want to know what happened also I am looking for schools in the area to attend and dont want to be stuck somewhere that has issues. What are the specific things that you came across.

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland

52 months ago

tanya in Bethesda, Maryland said: The school is good. Teachers are great and the education is quality. People might say negative things, but never judge someone or something until you have had a bad experience with them. The exam is easy, even if you do not do well don't worry. The program is 12 months and when you are done you will take a comprehensive exam!
Be patient, humble and listen! You wil do great!

WHICH NURSING PROGRAM ARE U TALKING ABOUT?

52 months ago

DID ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ACTUALL FINISH GNTS LPN PROGRAM? HOW'S THE ENTRANCE EXAM? CAN I TAKE MY STATE BOARDS FOR MARYLAND? I WAS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING JUST WANT SOME FEED BACK.

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland

52 months ago

An Excellent Grad in Woodbridge, Virginia said: A good way to get piece of mind is by paying your tuition. Pay your tuition on time, and you won't get taken out of class. One shouldn't get involved with something they can't pay for. It's quite simple.

It's mind boggling that people think they'd be able to manage patients as a nurse when they can't pay their tuition on time. Additionally, look at the spelling and grammar in some of these posts. Personal responsibility plays a large role in why many people end up dropping out.

When I started the program in 2008 I was assured by the staff that financial aid would be in place by the next semester, which was the only reason that I began the school (knowing that my income would decrease by the end of the year). The following year, no financial aid, and I had to either throw away the money and time that I spent as well as credits I worked hard to earn, or struggle to pay for more classes. It is 2010 and still no financial aid. I say, if you want the tuition paid on time by students, DO NOT LIE to them to get them to go to the school, be honest about the situation and you will not have to worry about not getting paid on time. They are messing with people's lives and money and it's not a game!

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland

52 months ago

An Excellent Grad in Woodbridge, Virginia said: A good way to get piece of mind is by paying your tuition. Pay your tuition on time, and you won't get taken out of class. One shouldn't get involved with something they can't pay for. It's quite simple.

Also "ONE shouldn't get involved with something THEY can't pay for" is not correct grammar. One= singluar, they=plural. You cannot mix them in the same sentence and call that correct grammar. Please don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

i took the wonderlic test the math was hard but scoring on the test is easy i basically only answered 2 math problems. I am going for the LPN program. The only thing i have to complain about is they don't seem to be very organized.

52 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: i took the wonderlic test the math was hard but scoring on the test is easy i basically only answered 2 math problems. I am going for the LPN program. The only thing i have to complain about is they don't seem to be very organized.

are u talking about gnts , because I was thing about going ,i just need info on the test!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.