Global Health Nurse Training Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 337)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

great day in Alexandria, Virginia

54 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: are u talking about gnts , because I was thing about going ,i just need info on the test!!

yes i am talking about ghnts for the math part study fractions it was mostly math word problems. I'm really bad at math and I passed with only answering like 2 problems I probably answered more I forgot. The english was just answering problems like is this word and this word alike, different, etc. And word problems like do these meaning mean the same or contradict each other ex. watch what you say and think before you say stuff. You only need to get 16 correct I passed with 26. Before I took the test I was really nervous and thought I wasn't going to pass but it was way easier than I thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

worried and wondering in Baltimore, Maryland said: Please give me details. I was thinking of enrolling in the May class. You can email me at bmoredr@hotmail.com

do u know when the other classes are beyond may?? and did they really have financial aid

53 months ago

There is one in July and September I know they have financial aid for the lpn course. I don't know about the others.

Stella Bella in Elkton, Maryland

53 months ago

Has anyone recently graduated from RN program? If so, is this program accredited yet? I want to start in July or September and I really need some advice about this school.

53 months ago

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: When I started the program in 2008 I was assured by the staff that financial aid would be in place by the next semester, which was the only reason that I began the school (knowing that my income would decrease by the end of the year). The following year, no financial aid, and I had to either throw away the money and time that I spent as well as credits I worked hard to earn, or struggle to pay for more classes. It is 2010 and still no financial aid. I say, if you want the tuition paid on time by students, DO NOT LIE to them to get them to go to the school, be honest about the situation and you will not have to worry about not getting paid on time. They are messing with people's lives and money and it's not a game!

which program are you talking about

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland

53 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: which program are you talking about

The RN Program

To the other poster- No, the RN program is not accredited yet and there is no financial aid.

53 months ago

In the LPN class do you guys learn how to give shots, what exactly do they teach in the LPN class?

lauren faye in Fort Washington, Maryland

53 months ago

Sherri in Berwyn, Pennsylvania said: That school is terrible. If you want more details, let me know.

i am about to apply for Global Health Nurse Training Services LLC‎.. i saw your post and i always like to find out anything i can before i leap into something.. please let me know of any info you have on them my email is laurlaurboo@aol.com.. thx so much

Corrine in Linthicum Heights, Maryland

53 months ago

TO sum up all of the responses, don't go here if you can't afford the tution, and don't get on the owners' bad side. What about the educatioin. I just want to know about the education itself. Does anyone feel as though by going here for the LPN program that they are well prepared to go out in the work force with the education that is given to them by GHNTS???

Tae in District Heights, Maryland

53 months ago

When I met with the financial aid advisor asking if they any loans or other payment plans, she told me they had Sallie Mae. I informed her that the school no longer has Sallie Mae (I check on Sallie Mae's website while I was doing my research). The financial aid advisor contiually told me the school does have Sallie Mae and when I informed her that I apply with Sallie Mae and did not see if on the website, she "suddenly remembers" they do not have Sallie Mae anymore. Ever since then, I did not feel comfortable about the school. I really don't like the fact you can't have less then an 80%. I feel like this school is after the money.

52 months ago

Tae in District Heights, Maryland said: When I met with the financial aid advisor asking if they any loans or other payment plans, she told me they had Sallie Mae. I informed her that the school no longer has Sallie Mae (I check on Sallie Mae's website while I was doing my research). The financial aid advisor contiually told me the school does have Sallie Mae and when I informed her that I apply with Sallie Mae and did not see if on the website, she "suddenly remembers" they do not have Sallie Mae anymore. Ever since then, I did not feel comfortable about the school. I really don't like the fact you can't have less then an 80%. I feel like this school is after the money.

so do they offer any type of student loan

52 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: so do they offer any type of student loan

I had applied there and i filled out the financial aid for the lpn course I got the Pell Grant then they have the 2 government loans subsidized federal loan and unsubsidized government student loan which the max combined you can get with both of the loans is a total of 9, 500

Tae in District Heights, Maryland

52 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: so do they offer any type of student loan

Just only in LPN, not the RN program.

52 months ago

does anyone know when the next lpn evening class is besides july 5th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: does anyone know when the next lpn evening class is besides july 5th

September 6th

52 months ago

sorry it actully september 7th now

ijnosegbe@aol.com in Herndon, Virginia

52 months ago

I graduated from standard Healthcare CNA program in 2008, and I thought they had wonderful and knowledgeable instructors. I went on to complete my LPN from Standard Healthcare in January of 2010 and it was a very positive experience for me. The instructors were knowledgeable and pass my Nclex the first time I took it without attending a review course. The skills lab had advanced simulators, and was well equipped. The NCLEX pass rate for 2009 is 97.8% wow better than all the LPN schools in the area. I will highly recommend standard Healthcare practical Nursing Program. I had a great firsthand experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: sorry it actully september 7th now

are u starting the program anytime soon?? i just wanted to know if books were included and uniforms with the financial aid.

51 months ago

I'm starting in september the financial aid lady said they were.

51 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: I'm starting in september the financial aid lady said they were.

are u going evening in september , i need to get down there asap

51 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: are u going evening in september , i need to get down there asap

no I'm going in the day time.

51 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: are u going evening in september , i need to get down there asap

Are you going in September if you haven't done your CPR you should get it done there its cheaper there.

LGrind in Arlington, Virginia

51 months ago

GHNTS does have it's issues but is serious about its education.

51 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: In the LPN class do you guys learn how to give shots, what exactly do they teach in the LPN class?

Every thing you need to pass the NCLEX-PN. (Shots included)

51 months ago

LGrind in Arlington, Virginia said: Every thing you need to pass the NCLEX-PN. (Shots included)

did you have any issues with them

51 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: did you have any issues with them

The school has some growing pains but is serious about education. The classes are excellerated, that is why you can graduate in 1 year. It is very intense. A lot of work in a short amount of time.

anursetobe in Rockville, Maryland

50 months ago

TreatAndStreetRN in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Wanted to echo some of the posts on here (although I think tanya is talking about the LPN program in terms of timeline).

It is an incredibly tough and comprehensive program. The school has some organizational issues that they are quite clearly actively pursuing to correct. That said, the education is second to none. Many incoming students simply cannot, for a variety of reasons, keep up with the standards. If you're smart and dedicated, its terrific. I feel much better prepared as new RN (boy that's fun to say!) than many of my peers from other schools.

The toughness pays off. NCLEX-RN was actually one of the easiest exams I took as a student. 75 questions in less than 30 minutes and I was an RN. Like I said, if you're willing to learn and be pushed, go for it. If you've ever uttered the phrase "this is too much work..." don't be a nurse.

Thank you for this posting - I just applied. I am a mom of two little ones and I am putting our life savings into making my dream career instead of all these dead end jobs I've had for many years. Just want to make sure, Global is accreditted and if I want later I will be able to pursue a BSN - I realize I may need to take more pre-req's but it's taken me 10 years to get here, so a couple of more years will not hurt us either. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

LGrind do you go to the school?

I am unaware of anyone that has graduated in 1 year from the program. There is a LPN class now that is still taking their final course and they started in January 2009. That is not one year.

The have more than just issues. They are doing many illegal things and I wouldn't advise anyone to go to the school. They will be shut down by time you graduate with the way things are going.

50 months ago

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: LGrind do you go to the school?

I am unaware of anyone that has graduated in 1 year from the program. There is a LPN class now that is still taking their final course and they started in January 2009. That is not one year.

The have more than just issues. They are doing many illegal things and I wouldn't advise anyone to go to the school. They will be shut down by time you graduate with the way things are going.

What illegal things are they doing

50 months ago

Goodgirl, Yes I have attended GHNTS but am out on leave of absence right now. I will be going back in about a month.
Why do you think they will be shut down? And what illegal things are going on?

JeremiahMommy in Baltimore, Maryland

50 months ago

Erica26Love:

Did u get to go to Global yet? I see you live in the Baltimore Area and so do I. I was hoping someone would be attending the class in September! Let me know if you still are going to Global.

50 months ago

They are doing many illegal things right now, which I will disclose to the appropriate parties at the right time. It is enough to have the program cancelled. Also, they are keeping the financial aid overage, which is due to the students, for the school's own use. This is against the law. They have 14 days once they receive this money to disburse it. The IRS is getting involved at this point because they refuse to produce the money. The board of nursing has had to make sure that she is following the law as well. No one should have to call the IRS or the Board on their school when they should be focusing on their education.

50 months ago

Goodgirl,
Did you graduate from the lpn program?

50 months ago

No. Unfortunately, Im still there.

Global Health Bad Choice in Baltimore, Maryland

50 months ago

Global Health Nurse training services is not an advisable school to attend. When I saw the route the school was going on purposely failing students, I had to withdrawl ASAP. The owner is very wicked, greedy, inconsistent and inconsidereate. She doesnt pass you on what you know, its whether she like you or not. Its just better to see/feel the school yourself.

laticia wright in Alexandria, Virginia

50 months ago

Vicky in Centreville, Virginia said: How do you like the school so far?

I attend the school Please go to another school if you want to get a proper and good education. I can't say what i want to say but i wish i didn't go here

Kay Adi in Burlington, New Jersey

50 months ago

I already completed my nursing school training, and did not pass my RN licensure exam. Do anybody have advise or help? I feel so sad.

Lissa in Fairfax, Virginia

50 months ago

Go to hurstreviews.com and find one in your area. Its a four day review but they have a 98% pass rate and if you dont pass they refund your money. Its kinda spendy $350.00 but worth it..

50 months ago

anursetobe in Rockville, Maryland said: Thank you for this posting - I just applied. I am a mom of two little ones and I am putting our life savings into making my dream career instead of all these dead end jobs I've had for many years. Just want to make sure, Global is accreditted and if I want later I will be able to pursue a BSN - I realize I may need to take more pre-req's but it's taken me 10 years to get here, so a couple of more years will not hurt us either. Thanks!

Global is not accredited regionally or nationally. There are people that graduated from the RN program that cannot obtain employment because of it. Yes, the board recognizes their license, however it is the decision of the employers not to hire RNs from non- accredited schools in this competitve job market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Can some one please tell me how a new graduate of either LPN or RN get a job? They say there are not enough nurses, but they won't hire new graduates!

Grad in Arlington, Virginia

50 months ago

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: Global is not accredited regionally or nationally. There are people that graduated from the RN program that cannot obtain employment because of it. Yes, the board recognizes their license, however it is the decision of the employers not to hire RNs from non- accredited schools in this competitve job market.

That's odd. My diploma says "Global Health Nurse Training Services," and I'm a gainfully employed RN. Strangely enough, my entire graduating group's diplomas say the same thing, and yet, they are employed as RNs as well. It is an employers right not to hire graduates from ANY program. The basic fact is the job market for new grads right now is horrific. Perhaps people should stop blaming the schools, and start taking responsibility that they didn't make themselves a competitive candidate. It takes near perfect grades, work experience during school, and additional education and research initiatives to get a job right now no matter where you went to school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hotyoungmom in Alexandria, Virginia

50 months ago

Sorry but the only answer I can give you is to go agency. Start out with them if you can't get a job! After working with them for a while you will build experince and you will be able to get a job! for other people reading this you have to start while your in school. Go to job and career fairs any or all of them. Put your name out there. Remember you are not the only one looking for a job! Start by doing intership programs or go PRN. Take something which always leads to something more

50 months ago

Grad in Arlington, Virginia said: That's odd. My diploma says "Global Health Nurse Training Services," and I'm a gainfully employed RN. Strangely enough, my entire graduating group's diplomas say the same thing, and yet, they are employed as RNs as well. It is an employers right not to hire graduates from ANY program. The basic fact is the job market for new grads right now is horrific. Perhaps people should stop blaming the schools, and start taking responsibility that they didn't make themselves a competitive candidate. It takes near perfect grades, work experience during school, and additional education and research initiatives to get a job right now no matter where you went to school.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that I said that there are some people that graduated from the RN program who could not become employed. Correct?

If I said that no one could be employed, then I could understand it being an "odd" statement that I made, as you suggested.

In this job market it is not the employer's first choice to hire a graduate from a non- accredited school. I'm glad that you were lucky in finding employment, but please keep that job because the luck may not last.

49 months ago

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that I said that there are some people that graduated from the RN program who could not become employed. Correct?

If I said that no one could be employed, then I could understand it being an "odd" statement that I made, as you suggested.

In this job market it is not the employer's first choice to hire a graduate from a non- accredited school. I'm glad that you were lucky in finding employment, but please keep that job because the luck may not last.

so this school isn't accredited for lpn or Rn

JeremiahMommy in Baltimore, Maryland

49 months ago

Its accredited for LPN but they are working to accredit the RN program

296 in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

mannurse in Ashburn, Virginia said: I am going to go to Standard Health Care INC in Falls Church in order to receive my CNA. As far as an actual Nursing Program I am going to attempt going to Sentara run through a hospital in Norfolk, or Riverside School of Nursing. I do not believe these programs offered through "Global, Ultimate, MCI ect" are very good programs in general if you go to the VA Board of nursing along the left column it has Education if you click on that it brings up a list. At the bottom of the page you can see the pass rate for the "NCLEX" Ultimate Health School is one of the worst pass rates for these programs its for one year less than 38% that is horrible. The best pass rate I could find for these programs belongs to "Standard Health Care Inc" in Falls Church they had a pass rate of 50% some years but a pass rate of up to 80% other years. Sentara has a 100% pass right for several years avg pass rate of about 90%. If you can't pass your "NCLEX" you can't be a nurse. And I don't care how great of a reader you are you are not going to get all the information you need from a book you have to have good instructors for this stuff. SO... In my personal opinion I am going to stay away from these types of schools. The best schools i found aside from attending an actual college was the Diploma Programs they are generally run right from a hospital and from the nursing industry are generally looked at as great programs. I have not made a final decision on which one I will attempt to get into Sentara looks the best. I know its frustrating if you find any other programs keep us all posted.

Standard Health do not recommended the school. The owner has such a nasty attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland said: kay, as i say before,a couple of my co-worker finish the program,sits the nclex and are now licensed in the state of maryland as RNs,as long as you can be licensed there should be no problems,as to the part of being ripped off,every one that went to global to fill out an application, see the price per credit before they sign up no one hold them up with a gun and takes there money,Radians charge $43000,for there RN program, i don't hear any one complains,and trust me there are not the best, but we choose to go to these school in the hole, so we have to deal with it. Some other writer complain about the director and her attitude,who care if she is pleasant or what,you need a lpn/rn degree she DON'T, she's rude so what, hey move on get what you want out of there and run thanks for listening

I believe that you are paying for an education not to be psychological abuse because they have a degree. The medical field is a delicate field and respect is important. If the owner of the school doesn't know how to respect the students, she needs to shut down the school. I think the State Baord of VA should do further investigation with the private nursing schools because many schools are not qualify to prepare well trained nurses. Definetely, they reap peoples' money and traffic with peoples' good faith. You through the whole program and do not obtain your licensed until they get enough of what they need. Nursing is not a difficult career but they make harder and take advantage of people. IF you were to go to NOVA, the education is cheaper and will train you according to obtain your RN degree without holding you back at the end. Nova trains the student to be a nurse and to move on with their life and the students are successful in getting their license which the most important thing. The State Board of Nursing must take a closer look to any private school like Standard Health, Global and so on.Look STUDENT ACT!

49 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: Standard Health do not recommended the school. The owner has such a nasty attitude.

DON'T GO TO STANDARD HEALTH FOR LPN OR RN; BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND LOOK FOR THE APPROPRIATE SCHOOL. AFTER YOU FINISH THE LPN PROGRAM, THE OWNER WILL TEST YOU LIKE CRAZY UNTIL YOU PASS ALL HER TESTS (ATI) JUST TO MAKE SURE HER SCHOOL WILL NOT SHUT DOWN BY THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING. THE EDUCATION FOR LPN IS VERY POOR AND THE TEACHERS ENGLISH ACCENT IS HEAVY AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY TEACH. THE EDUCATION LEVEL NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY; ABOUT 200 STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM STANDARD HEALTH PER YEAR, CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING WWW.DHP.VIRGINIA.GOV AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE SENT. THIS IS JUST A WAY TO MAKE A FORTUNE. WHATEVER DEPOSIT SHE COLLECTS AT THE ADMISSION AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES, SHE DOESN'T REFUND THE MONEY BACK. SHE CHARGES FOR ANY COPY THAT IS ISSUE TO THE STUDENT FOR NURSING LECTURES.

49 months ago

ijnosegbe@aol.com in Herndon, Virginia said: I graduated from standard Healthcare CNA program in 2008, and I thought they had wonderful and knowledgeable instructors. I went on to complete my LPN from Standard Healthcare in January of 2010 and it was a very positive experience for me. The instructors were knowledgeable and pass my Nclex the first time I took it without attending a review course. The skills lab had advanced simulators, and was well equipped. The NCLEX pass rate for 2009 is 97.8% wow better than all the LPN schools in the area. I will highly recommend standard Healthcare practical Nursing Program. I had a great firsthand experience

Good for you! are you a student or the owner speaking on your behalf? UHH.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

rose in Crofton, Maryland said: do not go to this school. they have a habit of taking your money and try to overload youwith classes so that you can fail. the pass mark including nursing classes is 80 and believe me it is very difficult. they make things impossible so all you are doing is going in circles. there is only only good professor there. he teaches the pharmacology class and would make you enjoy the class more than anything.The owner is a complete jerk who is out to make money and just does not have feelings at all. No sympathy whatsoever. There is a huge difference between being strict and being just plain mean. she is mean and frustrated and thinks everyone should be just like her. Be NICE TO PEOPLE MARIE,WE PAY YOUR FREAKING BILLS.

Marie, please close the school and seek for mental help. You are not doing a favor. You eat very good because of the students. Maybe you need a visit from the State. How legal is your business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.