Global Health Nurse Training Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 336)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

RITAA@AOL.COM in Washington, District of Columbia

50 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: DON'T GO TO STANDARD HEALTH FOR LPN OR RN; BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND LOOK FOR THE APPROPRIATE SCHOOL. AFTER YOU FINISH THE LPN PROGRAM, THE OWNER WILL TEST YOU LIKE CRAZY UNTIL YOU PASS ALL HER TESTS (ATI) JUST TO MAKE SURE HER SCHOOL WILL NOT SHUT DOWN BY THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING. THE EDUCATION FOR LPN IS VERY POOR AND THE TEACHERS ENGLISH ACCENT IS HEAVY AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY TEACH. THE EDUCATION LEVEL NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY; ABOUT 200 STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM STANDARD HEALTH PER YEAR, CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING WWW.DHP.VIRGINIA.GOV AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE SENT. THIS IS JUST A WAY TO MAKE A FORTUNE. WHATEVER DEPOSIT SHE COLLECTS AT THE ADMISSION AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES, SHE DOESN'T REFUND THE MONEY BACK. SHE CHARGES FOR ANY COPY THAT IS ISSUE TO THE STUDENT FOR NURSING LECTURES.

Some of you speaks without the facts. That is a shame! It seems like most of you are disgruntle because you have failed to meet the standards of theses schools, and now you must blame others for your failure. Why don't you go to NOVA or George Mason? I bet you would not even pass the entrance requirements. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS HELPFUL. I WOULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO SOME OF YOU CAUSE I CAN SENSE ALOT OF BITTERNESS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

296 in Arlington, Virginia

50 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: Standard Health do not recommended the school. The owner has such a nasty attitude.

From my experience, Standard Health owner shares students charestics with other LPN African School owners just to damage the students reputation very negatively. This is against THE STUDENT ACT. This tells a lot to anybody of what kind of nursing school is this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

RITAA@AOL.COM in Washington, District of Columbia said: Some of you speaks without the facts. That is a shame! It seems like most of you are disgruntle because you have failed to meet the standards of theses schools, and now you must blame others for your failure. Why don't you go to NOVA or George Mason? I bet you would not even pass the entrance requirements. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS HELPFUL. I WOULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO SOME OF YOU CAUSE I CAN SENSE ALOT OF BITTERNESS!

Poor thing, I graduated and obtain my RN license from George Mason. Why are you so upset to hear the truth and what grounds you have that this is not a constructive criticism? This is helpful for any student who wants to attend to any private school. The State Board of Nursing ignores many of this abuse that goes on in private school. I know friends close to me that have attended to this schools and gone through all these abuses. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! I think you must the owner's best friends or relatives. Wow, take this criticism as a a very constructive one. Standard Helth owner give a free pass to her best friends and relatives....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RITAA@AOL.COM in Washington, District of Columbia

50 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: Poor thing, I graduated and obtain my RN license from George Mason. Why are you so upset to hear the truth and what grounds you have that this is not a constructive criticism? This is helpful for any student who wants to attend to any private school. The State Board of Nursing ignores many of this abuse that goes on in private school. I know friends close to me that have attended to this schools and gone through all these abuses. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! I think you must the owner's best friends or relatives. Wow, take this criticism as a a very constructive one. Standard Helth owner give a free pass to her best friends and relatives....

Thanks for your second hand information I mean your hear say. I do not know the owner, believe it or not. I have at least 3 friends who graduated from the school and their experiences are totally different from the one you are expressing. One thing i know they all said they had to take alot of ATI exams. Is testing an abuse? you also seem to have some problem with Africans. Why did you have to say other African LPN school owners instead of other LPN school owners?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

RITAA@AOL.COM in Washington, District of Columbia said: Thanks for your second hand information I mean your hear say. I do not know the owner, believe it or not. I have at least 3 friends who graduated from the school and their experiences are totally different from the one you are expressing. One thing i know they all said they had to take alot of ATI exams. Is testing an abuse? you also seem to have some problem with Africans. Why did you have to say other African LPN school owners instead of other LPN school owners?

Why are you so interested dear? Refer to psychological abuse and so on....You should know better if there is a problem in the way African LPN School are functioning in the community. Even people from Africa, they regret going to African LPN Schools. IF this is a hear say so, you shouldn't be so concern. ATI testing is okay but the State board requires 75% to pass not a big deal. Do you think this is too much abuse? You seem to be an aquanitance from Standard Health owner. Congratulation! however freedom of speech is granted for everybody in the United States. Just remember this is not Africa. Nurses are not machine, and should be train professionally and competent to treat other humans accordingly. When one is mentally abuse, studies have shown that this individual is more at risk of abusing others. We should protect the public. Isn't this part of the Nurses Practice Act? Good bye.................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

great day in Alexandria, Virginia

50 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: Why are you so interested dear? Refer to psychological abuse and so on....You should know better if there is a problem in the way African LPN School are functioning in the community. Even people from Africa, they regret going to African LPN Schools. IF this is a hear say so, you shouldn't be so concern. ATI testing is okay but the State board requires 75% to pass not a big deal. Do you think this is too much abuse? You seem to be an aquanitance from Standard Health owner. Congratulation! however freedom of speech is granted for everybody in the United States. Just remember this is not Africa. Nurses are not machine, and should be train professionally and competent to treat other humans accordingly. When one is mentally abuse, studies have shown that this individual is more at risk of abusing others. We should protect the public. Isn't this part of the Nurses Practice Act? Good bye.................

is standard health and global health nursing service the same school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland

50 months ago

RITAA@AOL.COM in Washington, District of Columbia said: Some of you speaks without the facts. That is a shame! It seems like most of you are disgruntle because you have failed to meet the standards of theses schools, and now you must blame others for your failure. Why don't you go to NOVA or George Mason? I bet you would not even pass the entrance requirements. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS HELPFUL. I WOULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO SOME OF YOU CAUSE I CAN SENSE ALOT OF BITTERNESS!

LOL. I have a 3.6 GPA so I definitely met the standards my dear. I went to the school because I wanted to get my RN quickly, but it's fine because I learned my lesson. I just don't want other people to make the same mistake. They can do their own research on the school and see for themselves.

LGrind in Arlington, Virginia

50 months ago

OMG! GHNTS is great as long as you are not in a class that is filled with drama (the students) Dr. Washington is a sweetheart!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Not Mad at All! in Severna Park, Maryland

50 months ago

Hello everyone! Watch what you say , cause the director is on here to fish out certain people instead of putting her focus on fixing the school and correcting the problems in her personal life. And If the director is on here! I am praying for you for real. You clearly have a lot of problems outside of the school which you bring and release out on the students and that's not fair. I pray in the name of Jesus that you are free from anything that is causing you much pain and that you your heart be fulfill with his glory! Not mad at all but upset that you choose to be so angry. And to be honest it shows! I know you have alot on your plate but TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST THEN EVERYTHING ELSE WILL COME EASLY! GOD BLESS AND WISH YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

For GHNTS, Thank you Dr. Taco, I love the challenging questions. And the A I got in Nutrition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ph4 in Fredericksburg, Virginia

50 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: how did every one do on the wonderlic test

The school is sucks. Teachers and the directors are ignorants. All tthey is your money. you will not learn anything. You better go to community college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

ph4 in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: The school is sucks. Teachers and the directors are ignorants. All tthey is your money. you will not learn anything. You better go to community college.

If you pay attention and work hard you will do well. Yes It's very hard. Good luck in community college, you might get done in 5 years(!) with the wait list.

50 months ago

LGrind in Arlington, Virginia said: If you pay attention and work hard you will do well. Yes It's very hard. Good luck in community college, you might get done in 5 years(!) with the wait list.

Very entertaining. I would love to see if you are still this positive towards the end of the program

50 months ago

thegoodgirl in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: Very entertaining. I would love to see if you are still this positive towards the end of the program

I hope I am still positive. Life is what you make it.

PRINSESSPRETTY in Hyattsville, Maryland

50 months ago

HEY HAS ANYONE HERE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT ECPI/MCI MANASSAS VA.. I HAVE AN INFO SCHEDULE ON WED AND I WONT TO IF IT IS WORTH MAKIN THE TRIP SINCE I LIVE IN BALTIMORE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

LGrind in Arlington, Virginia said: I hope I am still positive. Life is what you make it.

You will see what I mean once you have been there for a while. Most people would just like to go to school and go home and study. Nursing school is meant to be hard. I have no problems with that, but what I don't like is that the Director has no respect for the law, any type of authority, or for the students. One day she will fall hard and wish that she hadn't treated the students so badly and I will be watching and shaking my head because none of this was needed.

Save by God Grace in Severna Park, Maryland

50 months ago

Everyone just pray for her! That's all you can do for her!

Save by God Grace in Annapolis, Maryland

50 months ago

lissa in Leesburg, Virginia said: Ultimate Health School in Falls church! I have been attending the LPN program since August 2009 and I am very happy there. I was a little on edge at first because of the building but never judge a book by its cover has alot to be said about this school. I love my teachers and I am learning so much. If you have any more questions about this school I would be happy to answer...

I am interested in going to Ultimate, Please tell me more! I am coming from Global and i have heard alot of people go to there and I want to know more

Mrs. Carter in Silver Spring, Maryland

49 months ago

Do anybody know of any good nursing schools in Maryland???

OMG I want to b a NURSE in Annapolis, Maryland

49 months ago

Mrs. Carter in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Do anybody know of any good nursing schools in Maryland???

Sorry! but all the nursing programs are either a community college or university. Most have a waiting list! That's why a lot of people go to either PA or VA to get there license. My friend and I are attending Global cause in our county the waiting list is way way toooooooooooooo long! And I want to be a nurse before my children graduate from middle school

PRINSESSPRETTY in Silver Spring, Maryland

49 months ago

Save by God Grace in Annapolis, Maryland said: I am interested in going to Ultimate, Please tell me more! I am coming from Global and i have heard alot of people go to there and I want to know more

HI SAVED BY GRACE... WHAT SCHOOL DID U END UP GOING TO AND I AM FROM ANNAPOLIS ARE U STILL COMMUTING

49 months ago

PRINSESSPRETTY in Silver Spring, Maryland said: HI SAVED BY GRACE... WHAT SCHOOL DID U END UP GOING TO AND I AM FROM ANNAPOLIS ARE U STILL COMMUTING

I am still commuting from Annapolis and I am attending Global Health Nurse Training, in Alexandria. I you want I wouldn't mind having a car rider! It would make the drive a whole lot easier! Let me know! Feel free to contact me! What part of Annapolis are you from! Hello everyone!

49 months ago

PRINSESSPRETTY in Washington, District of Columbia said: I DROP MY KIDS OFF OVER IN PAROLE/FOREST DR... THERE GRANDPARENTS LIVE NEAR THE ELEM SCHOOL... I DECIDE AGAINST GLOBAL HEALTH I GO A LITTLE FURTHER TO ECPI....HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO GO IN THE PROGRAM?

I don't finish the program unitll June/ July 2011. how far do you have to go. and HOw is the program down there? And how far is it from Alexander

T in Woodbridge, Virginia

49 months ago

TreatAndStreetRN in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Wanted to echo some of the posts on here (although I think tanya is talking about the LPN program in terms of timeline).

It is an incredibly tough and comprehensive program. The school has some organizational issues that they are quite clearly actively pursuing to correct. That said, the education is second to none. Many incoming students simply cannot, for a variety of reasons, keep up with the standards. If you're smart and dedicated, its terrific. I feel much better prepared as new RN (boy that's fun to say!) than many of my peers from other schools.

The toughness pays off. NCLEX-RN was actually one of the easiest exams I took as a student. 75 questions in less than 30 minutes and I was an RN. Like I said, if you're willing to learn and be pushed, go for it. If you've ever uttered the phrase "this is too much work..." don't be a nurse.

Hi, Can you please send me an email, I have other questions regarding this school.
I am considering starting the LPN program in Jan 11. My email address is mtkakar@gmail.com... Thanks

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia

49 months ago

I am in the LPN program. The school has very good doctor/instructors and several well qualified nurses that are not the best teachers. I was very excited when I started and the instructors for A&P and Pharmacology were tuff, smart and very good at teaching and not just telling. The nurses however are a different story. One nurse seems to be on a power trip and seems to have to much else going on as in another job that takes up most of her pree time making her unsympathetic to the students. Another is very smart and a good teacher but you can barley hear her talk. Another shows up an hour late every day and tends to ramble about personal stories and then runs through a power point telling you but not really teaching half the time. It's tuff to keep up with the constant changes but if you can't do that you may not be a very good nurse(a teaching class might help them). The classrooms are constantly swithcin and the staff seems unable to keep it straight. The staff seems to get agitated with the slightest questioning of the institution or it's policies. The policies seems to change from week to week. Another nurse is very good and I think she is doing right by them students. I am considering a change to another school if it doesn't get more constant. The hardest part is the disorganization. It's hard enough to learn new stuff with out the constant moving of classrooms and switchin of instructors and the changes in curriculum. I'm pretty sure some of the instructors come in blind to each new class, without reading the syllabus or there own power points. It's probably one of the better schools if they could just keep things more organized, improve the teaching skills and be prepared for the classes. How can you expect the student to be prepared when the instructor is not half the time.. I am going to hang in there. Hopefully they read this and it helps. I am to afraid to bring it up at school for fear of getting on the bad side of the school. Maybe I need to speak out.

49 months ago

@ anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia.

If you speak out, please watch yourself. YOu should like one of the students in my class. We had or (still having) problems with people speaking their minds. I am hanging in their. I feel the same way to but when you speak up it makes things that much harder. Focus on you assignments and band together with some classmates to make getting through school easier. That has helped me alot. Things are hard but once I spoke out it made things harder. If you can pray (or meditate)on it. Don't feel bad cause your not the only one who feels like that! Trust me everyone and I mean everyone I spoke to want the school to fix all those problems and agrees that if they do that school would be the bomb. Let's just wait and see what happens. I think the Director might be getting it, she has been tryin to change things, but yes it still needs more work. Just want and keep Your goal in mind and keep on moving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Thanks for your insite. I also think the school could really great as well if they could just hold on to staff that eventually get the hang of teaching efficiently and not just showing up unprepared, then confusing not only themselves but the student..US

Much Love and Blessings

anonymous in Rome, Georgia

49 months ago

Has anyone took the lpn program in West Virgina or New Mexico?

49 months ago

Who is your guys favorite teacher at ghts

49 months ago

great day in Alexandria, Virginia said: Who is your guys favorite teacher at ghts

Hello Marie! My favorite Teacher is no longer there! His name was Dr. Innocent. He has the gift of teaching. They say that Dr. Tako is good but I haven't had him yet so I don't know!

49 months ago

I would have to say Dr Washington with Dr Tako in a close second! I like them both pretty much the same. I herd Dr Innocent was very good but they got rid of him or he left. Its a shame they got rid of a good teacher when there is a problem with many several bad ones.

49 months ago

Mine so far is Dr. Washington he explains things better.

Faithful1 in Woodbridge, Virginia

49 months ago

Hi Everyone, I'm looking into the LPN program at National School of Nursing and Allied Health in Woodbridge and Career Training Solutions in Fredericksburg. Does anybody have any recommendations or advice? I'm very confused because I don't want to drop out when I start the nursing program and these are the only schools that I haven't heard anything usual about. Thanks.

49 months ago

Faithful1 in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Hi Everyone, I'm looking into the LPN program at National School of Nursing and Allied Health in Woodbridge and Career Training Solutions in Fredericksburg. Does anybody have any recommendations or advice? I'm very confused because I don't want to drop out when I start the nursing program and these are the only schools that I haven't heard anything usual about. Thanks.

Hello, How are you Faithful1. Think very closely what your about to do! Yes I know the program is hard and it's that way due to all the EXTRA drama. Honestly I really don't have any other advice to give you but to go to a Community college, which would be longer. I have done alot of research about alot of these nursing schools. The Main reason that the credits don't transfer to universities of college is because most if not all are not approved by a regionally accredited by a commission on higher education. Most university/ community college recognizes the following regional accreditation:
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Now I'm not saying that they might not be approved locally but for it to be truly transferable it would have to be any of the above. The school I attend which might be the same as you. Global Health Nurse Training Services is only approved locally which is the Virginia Board of Nursing and The National League of Nursing Accreditation then lastly the State Council of Higher Education of Virgina.

49 months ago

If you want a better well put together program then go to one that is nationally accredited but to receive an education and get out in the field faster than schools like these are the way to go. I agree that there is alot of programs but they all can be fix if the person in charge wants to fix it. I am choosing to stay in the program for several reason, do I like it no but I am a Woman that will do what I have to do and not what i want to do!
Stay with it and test me It will help you done the road. If not anything help you to deal with alot of trash/drama/gossip/foolish at any job that you'll face.

I leave my comments not to steer anyone away but to educate you to KEEP MOVING FORWARD, WALT DISNEY. Sometimes you have to go through alot of pain to gain anything. Cry it out, scream it out, Do whatever you have to do to make it and Don't let anyone I mean ANYONE wear you down.
For everyone one out there, MY pastor at First Baptist Church of Glenarden( had to give him some praise) said something that I will take with me forever.
REspect the person above you, no matter what they do or how they treat you, Respect them and do what your asked. DO it all in good favor and You don't know How God will reward you for doing just that!
I wish you the best of like! IF you have any other questions, let me know! I am here whenever u need it and that goes for anyone else.

49 months ago

I too am thinking long and hard about leaving GHNTS and am looking for another school. I just can't deal with the poor teaching and other indiscretions. Any suggestions?

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: I too am thinking long and hard about leaving GHNTS and am looking for another school. I just can't deal with the poor teaching and other indiscretions. Any suggestions?

It's hard for me to tell you what to do. I am dealing with the same things. I just say have trust in your faith and hope that this school gets them self together! If you want to talk email at katanacle@yhaoo.com. We can keep each other going, that's the best advice I got now!

49 months ago

I have been at ghnts for 7 months of classes. They might change but I have serious issues that I don't think are going to be resolved. The clinical director assigned a care plan with no instructions. I was out of school for the geri class that received them and she is saying it's my fault for not having an assignment that she never gave any directions for. total incompetence

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: I have been at ghnts for 7 months of classes. They might change but I have serious issues that I don't think are going to be resolved. The clinical director assigned a care plan with no instructions. I was out of school for the geri class that received them and she is saying it's my fault for not having an assignment that she never gave any directions for. total incompetence

I know and understand greatly! No understand or is truly willing to solve them. PLease email at katanacle@yahoo.com YOu don't have long to complete.

49 months ago

Nightmare in Alexandria, Virginia said: This school is a nightmare. They cheat you out of your money if you are kicked or drop. They overload you with homework. It's almost impossible to pass some of these courses considering how intensive they are. If you get sick or miss any time they kick you out. Some parts are great the education is ok.. there are major deficits in the nursing program. The owner Marie is a antisocial nightmare to deal with and she is obnoxious. People there lie to you regarding your aid and will say anything to get your money. Look elsewhere.

Where did you go after GHNTS? I am thinking of leaving asap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: Where did you go after GHNTS? I am thinking of leaving asap

I didn't leave but my friend did! She had a doctors note not to go to school because a risk of spreading the illness and she wasn't allowed to make up any of the work. I mean nothing. They did not help her at all.She is going to wait it out and go to Chamberlain college. I think she's lookin also into Everest. I am not completely sure but It's sad that we have to go through this.

49 months ago

It really is sad. I am 7 months in and I really just can't take it anymore. The RN's teaching have no experience teaching. I am sure they are good nurses but horrible teachers. FAIL

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: It really is sad. I am 7 months in and I really just can't take it anymore. The RN's teaching have no experience teaching. I am sure they are good nurses but horrible teachers. FAIL

The best and only things we can all do is to group to together in large numbers and present the problems and concern to the Proper people. IF we keep complaining within to each other and not to them it solves nothing and things keeps going to no end. People if we want better we have to aim for better.

49 months ago

I have submitted my complaint to the school and the teacher and I am awaiting a rely. If they correct the situation I will stay. If not I am gone. This is not the first time I have had serious grievances with the school.

49 months ago

The clinical instructor told a terrible story about putting pepper in her daughters you know what and she is the owners sister. What the hell kind of a person tells that story to students let alone does that! This place is horrible

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: I have submitted my complaint to the school and the teacher and I am awaiting a rely. If they correct the situation I will stay. If not I am gone. This is not the first time I have had serious grievances with the school.

Remember there are people who are above the school who are unaware of the issues with GHNTS and if GHNTS won't do it, there are people above them that can make them do it. REmemeber there is power in numbers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

anonymous in Alexandria, Virginia said: The clinical instructor told a terrible story about putting pepper in her daughters you know what and she is the owners sister. What the hell kind of a person tells that story to students let alone does that! This place is horrible

YOu got to excuse them cause I really don't think they know what they there saying

49 months ago

Like who? I would like to speak to them.

49 months ago

please email me cause the people from the school are always I mean always checking the site

49 months ago

I emailed you and did not get a response.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.