Comments (301 to 337 of 337)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

OMG I want to b a NURSE in Annapolis, Maryland

33 months ago

Soujourner-Douglass. College

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseynursey in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

33 months ago

Do you have to retake the clincals and how many pre reqs did you have to re take?

OMG I want to b a NURSE in Annapolis, Maryland

33 months ago

Soujourner-Douglass. College. I had to repeat A/P AND PHARMACOLOGY. But their program is three yrs.

h8rs2bgone in Fairfax, Virginia

32 months ago

RN lmao in Washington, District of Columbia said: I hope they teach how to write in English in your BSN program because Global failed you in that department.

Believe me, they actually don't train you on writing, speaking, pretty much nothing.. I feel for those who are still there. You must get out. Quickly. And if you're looking, keeping looking for a better school, where you will be treated with dignity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: DON'T GO TO STANDARD HEALTH FOR LPN OR RN; BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND LOOK FOR THE APPROPRIATE SCHOOL. AFTER YOU FINISH THE LPN PROGRAM, THE OWNER WILL TEST YOU LIKE CRAZY UNTIL YOU PASS ALL HER TESTS (ATI) JUST TO MAKE SURE HER SCHOOL WILL NOT SHUT DOWN BY THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING. THE EDUCATION FOR LPN IS VERY POOR AND THE TEACHERS ENGLISH ACCENT IS HEAVY AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY TEACH. THE EDUCATION LEVEL NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY; ABOUT 200 STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM STANDARD HEALTH PER YEAR, CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR THE STATEBOARD OF NURSING WWW.DHP.VIRGINIA.GOV AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE SENT. THIS IS JUST A WAY TO MAKE A FORTUNE. WHATEVER DEPOSIT SHE COLLECTS AT THE ADMISSION AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES, SHE DOESN'T REFUND THE MONEY BACK. SHE CHARGES FOR ANY COPY THAT IS ISSUE TO THE STUDENT FOR NURSING LECTURES.

I've been there myself.. Absolutely correct information, and much more that I know about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Miss Nursy in Alexandria, Virginia said: This school ruined my life. I hate them. The don't like muslims.

not about muslims, or christians or blacks or white, it's about MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Whatever her name was, Sheila I think, even lied regarding my transfer credits. They want to get you in, then you sign up for 3-4 classes, then they say "oh we never said that" RN classes do not transfer anywhere either. Stay away from this school..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1.Last.Chance. in Alexandria, Virginia

32 months ago

296 in Arlington, Virginia said: Good for you! are you a student or the owner speaking on your behalf? UHH.....

Oh WoW I looked up her email address and that actually is the owner lol... TERRIBLE...

rnztimz in Rockville, Maryland

32 months ago

anybody heard of the school star insititue/star college school of nursing?

rnztimz in Rockville, Maryland

32 months ago

spelling correction...Institute...its in Vaginia.

Jamaica_98@msn.com in Midlothian, Illinois

31 months ago

vanessa in Hyattsville, Maryland said: for the writer that said the school was not accredited,check your facts before you spread rumors,that's all i have to say

I called, and the person i spoke to said they werent accreditted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamaica_98@msn.com in Midlothian, Illinois

31 months ago

OMG I want to b a NURSE in Annapolis, Maryland said: Hello, All. I have been getting alot of emails frim indeed about this forum. I HAVR BEEN AND GRADUATED. from Global Health Nurse Training Services... Let me tell u upfront. YES YES YES YES TGE SCHOOL HAS ITS PROBLEMS AND HELL TO THE YEAH THE DIRECTOR HAS HER OWN ISSUES but let at the same time uou are not their for them but for yourself. The school is hard due to the work load and some from the drama of the school but they ARE TRYING. I can give u that. My class YEAH YEAH almost all of us who gas taken the boards all of is PASSED THE 1sttruth time. Who can say that. WHAT!!!!!LOL. IF UR GOAL IS TO BE A NURSE. THE work BITE UR LIP WHICH U HAVE TO DO IN THIA SCHOOL AND GET IT OVER WITH. IM A single mother of two kids plus i worked full time while going. If ur heart is intp it than do it. I am being 100% honest that the school has like to me had more drama than President Obama trying to Pass a JOB BILL. YHE SCHOOL IS A FAST PACE opportunity to get your education and gwt u out in the field. Yes you can cheat your way out but take it from what someone once rold me. Take what u can and grow from that. Nursing school doesnt teach you everything that but its up to you to how nuch further your willing to take that education that knowledge that you obtain. O am Working that be All The Glory to God. It only took about a month of looking. And so dar they really live my skills and they havr alot of confidence i have me that Im working on the Acute / medical surgical floor.! They are also going to train me and get me certified to.do pic lines and IV's. YEAH YEAH! !!!!. IS THE SCHOOL A LITTLE OVERPRICE???? YESSSSS. BUT IF I HAD THE CHANCE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. I WOULD BUT WOULD BITE THE MESS IUT OF MY TONGUE. LOL. I DONT KNOW IF THIS HELPS ANYONE BUT THIS IS YOUR LIFE. I AM MAKING EAY WITH WHAT I RECEIVED AND CURRENTLY ENROLLED. IN A BSN PROGRAM. LOVE U ALL AND GOD NLESS U ON YOUR JOURNEY.

Which bsn program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

The best that will do it in Brick, New Jersey

31 months ago

Im not putting GHNTS down but, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a school that is not accredited? As far as it being fast-paced,the quick way way is not always a beyyer way.i can gurantee that you wont know more than most nurses as well, I happen to be in ob of the top nursing programs in the united g states. So, if GHNTS was soooo good, how come I dont see their name ringing bells?? Exactly what I thought....................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maki in Alexandria, Virginia

31 months ago

don't go to ultimate health they r not profesional, dont have any respect to student, plus the owner is a total jerk so i really don't recommend this school for anybody. Never

vicky in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

Why not Maki ? I was thinking about going there or Chamberlain

Kimzi in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

30 months ago

Im curoius if anyone has any pro or cons to attending the RN program at Radians College in WDC? I have been going since last term, and the school seems to have a slight problem with it's ability to attain financial aid, I was told on several occasions it would be recieving it by the next term and the next term is here, and now they say it is not guaranteed. Is there any other accellerated programs out there for RN? or Is my best bet just to suck it up and go to an Univeristy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pissed off in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

I attended this school. It was a more of a Nursing Scam then a School. I know there are many students who have been ripped off by this so called school. I would like to see a lawsuit to get my money back.

MONEY is all they care about. The only important employee was the finacial advisor. The money man. I wish there was a way to prove that this school is taking not only our money but the GOVERNMENTS MONEY! The are in business to get money for PELL GRANTS and that is it.

The owner has some other clinic so she never has time for her students. She comes in and yells at everyone and nothing gets done and then she takes the money she gets from the school and puts it right into the clinic so when they do get shut down she won't lose any cash. She is the DEVIL(joke). But she is a really bad person for operating a school that doesn't put very many actual nurses into the field.

pissed off in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

I attended this school. It was a more of a Nursing Scam then a School. I know there are many students who have been ripped off by this so called school. I would like to see a lawsuit to get my money back.

MONEY is all they care about. The only important employee was the finacial advisor. The money man. I wish there was a way to prove that this school is taking not only our money but the GOVERNMENTS MONEY! The are in business to get money for PELL GRANTS and that is it.

The owner has some other clinic so she never has time for her students. She comes in and yells at everyone and nothing gets done and then she takes the money she gets from the school and puts it right into the clinic so when they do get shut down she won't lose any cash. She is the DEVIL(joke). But she is a really bad person for operating a school that doesn't put very many actual nurses into the field.

GreatAnnapolisNurse in Springfield, Virginia

29 months ago

I reject that last statement to a point. Yes i agree that thw owner has program and the program has alot of problems but I AM A NURSE AND IM THANKFUL FOR THE PROGRAM. i do say that i did have alot of problems but it all boils down to if YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH YOULL WORK THAT MUCH HARDER.

VHRemington in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

It's unfortunate that we don't share the same views... I would have to disagree Global Health is the first institution that I have attended where I have never felt like a student number or someone's salary. Every bump in the road that had crossed my path was addressed promptly in a professional and fair manner. I'm sorry you weren't able to finish the program and I hope you are succeeding elsewhere. Kindly- Victoria

GreatAnnapolisNurse in Springfield, Virginia

29 months ago

I reject that last statement to a point. Yes i agree that the owner has problems and the program has alot of problems but I AM A NURSE AND IM THANKFUL FOR THE PROGRAM. i do say that i did have alot of problems but it all boils down to if YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH YOULL WORK THAT MUCH HARDER.

Thats correction. Please dont judge me. Lol im in class

VHRemington in Woodbridge, Virginia

29 months ago

It's unfortunate that we don't share the same views... I would have to disagree Global Health is the first institution that I have attended where I have never felt like a student number or someone's salary. Every bump in the road that had crossed my path was addressed promptly in a professional and fair manner. I'm sorry you weren't able to finish the program and I hope you are succeeding elsewhere. Kindly- Victoria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ftc1 in Glen Burnie, Maryland

29 months ago

Vhremington. Don't you work at the school? If it was so great why aren't you working as a nurse? The school steals money, passes enough students so they don't get shut down and selects their students. Not everyone gets a fair opportunity. I have had classmates who have failed and moved on in one class but the next class they got held back. It depends on if they need the money or if they feel you will be a threat to their nclex pass rate. And try to get a refund from them. Impossible. But.my friend said the owner has a huge house and brags on get things. But uses the money from the school and pays for other things like thode stylus kits they overcharge us for 200 dollars when I configured it it was like 50. Rip off school

roe in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

well I just finished my LPN program here, the school was great. you have to work hard to pass every class. The problem is when you start clinic, the instructor is so racist, if she like you you will be a group leader and do nothing. if she doesn't like you, just pry to pass that class. she will make you hate the job, b/c she is the owner sister no one says anything. she doesn't have BSN, she just finish RN and start working with out any experience. the class lecture and clinic practic is different, she doesn't go by book. The other problem is if they want, they will change the policy and make you pass or fail. when you need help they all are busy to talk to you. I went there b/c of the financial aid. The home work is to much. It's hard for me to recommend but if you r strong to pass all the challenge go for it. it was a hell

Vremington in Woodbridge, Virginia

27 months ago

Global Health College is officially an accredited institution! Wooohoooo

Run in Centreville, Virginia

27 months ago

Sherri in Berwyn, Pennsylvania said: That school is terrible. If you want more details, let me know.

I took two classes for of RN in 2011 anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2.Instructor Dr.Ola is very rude,he can't teach well also I did not understand a lot what he taught.I thin the school policy is very bad.It was very hard to pass.He gave us unknown questions so don't go over there either they accredited the programme.

FutureRNstudent in Springfield, Virginia

26 months ago

Hi guys,

So far i read so much negative comments on Global on this sites but i want to get some input on current students that currrently have joined their RN program. I'm planning to register for the sept. classes but i want your guys personal inputs on the school. Please email me @ ctodaysmtg@gmail.com
So much appreciated

rasputia in Fairfax, Virginia

26 months ago

maki in Alexandria, Virginia said: don't go to ultimate health they r not profesional, dont have any respect to student, plus the owner is a total jerk so i really don't recommend this school for anybody. Never

I totally agree with you!

NeedAgoodNursingProgram in Baltimore, Maryland

25 months ago

OMG after reading all these negative reviews about Global Health has me afraid. I am a hardworking student thats not afraid to study and put in the neccessary time to succeed but all this info is overwhelming. I was planning on starting in Sept 2012 and will be taking the entrance exam next week can someone tell me what to expect on it?

25 months ago

VHRemington in Alexandria, Virginia said: It's unfortunate that we don't share the same views... I would have to disagree Global Health is the first institution that I have attended where I have never felt like a student number or someone's salary. Every bump in the road that had crossed my path was addressed promptly in a professional and fair manner. I'm sorry you weren't able to finish the program and I hope you are succeeding elsewhere. Kindly- Victoria

I hear the owner pulls about $300K a year, yes you heard it right... how much do you make? don't be fooled by the "look" of things, a lot is going on in the background..

25 months ago

Ftc1 in Glen Burnie, Maryland said: Vhremington. Don't you work at the school? If it was so great why aren't you working as a nurse? The school steals money, passes enough students so they don't get shut down and selects their students. Not everyone gets a fair opportunity. I have had classmates who have failed and moved on in one class but the next class they got held back. It depends on if they need the money or if they feel you will be a threat to their nclex pass rate. And try to get a refund from them. Impossible. But.my friend said the owner has a huge house and brags on get things. But uses the money from the school and pays for other things like thode stylus kits they overcharge us for 200 dollars when I configured it it was like 50. Rip off school

Yes she does work at the school, very good kid though.. just very very naive..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

NeedAgoodNursingProgram in Baltimore, Maryland said: OMG after reading all these negative reviews about Global Health has me afraid. I am a hardworking student thats not afraid to study and put in the neccessary time to succeed but all this info is overwhelming. I was planning on starting in Sept 2012 and will be taking the entrance exam next week can someone tell me what to expect on it?

don't go to this school.. about to go down anyway..

RealTalk

10 months ago

Jamaica_98@msn.com in Midlothian, Illinois said: Which bsn program?

Hi, Im thinking about going to the school. Is the school you went to is in Alexandria,VA? I understand the school is fast pace but how many hours a day did you study to keep on top of the class. Did you work in healthcare while going to school? Since you were going to school full time,studying and working full time while raising your two little ones when did you work....nights,weekend?

nikki in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

lissa in Leesburg, Virginia said: Ultimate Health School in Falls church ! I have been attending the LPN program since August 2009 and I am very happy there. I was a little on edge at first because of the building but never judge a book by its cover has alot to be said about this school. I love my teachers and I am learning so much. If you have any more questions about this school I would be happy to answer...

Hello, Thanks for the feedback about ultimate health. I really would like to start the on program in jan

nikki in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

Hello,Thanks for the feedback about the school. Do they offer weekend classes and I would like to start in march

Missy in Athens, Georgia

7 months ago

Roni Brown in Rockville, Maryland said: How are things going with classes? I am considering this school but based on some posts I read on here I am unsure. If you can shed any light for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

What school are you talking about?

Missy in Athens, Georgia

7 months ago

nikki in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hello, Thanks for the feedback about ultimate health. I really would like to start the on program in jan

Hi,
Can you please explain me everything about the program? What is the passing score? I'm planning to move there in VA.. So, want to make sure that I choose right school. I have done all my perquisite courses in GA..

I would appreciate it.

gracewus in Lanham, Maryland

6 months ago

i had a professor named dr.OLA. I think he is one of the best teachers they have at the school. He wants you not just to pass the class but to pass your board exams. i think it is important for you to learn how to be a good nurse which i believe is one of dr.Ola goals for his students.
i like dr. ola.... after all he is a dr.... he understands that these students might one day deal with human's life. he teaches students how to be outstanding and this is more important to him than just letting students pass his class.
just my humble opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.