The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about nurse work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Trisha Roderique in Conroe, TX

100 months ago

What is the best part about being a nurse? Helping people get back to optimal health and the idea that the job is never the same most days. The worst thing is bad management meaning you and coworkers are stretched so thin its unsafe but I do the best I can and there are alot of facilities that you can work at but they do not have the holistic side of nursing addressed and it is a money making scheme for them. That is why if a facility has that corporate culture I don't hang around. I have found most privately owned psychiatric facilities in my state to be like that... Makes for a depressing job situation. But I do love bieng a nurse and sooner or later I will find the right posiiton for me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Dominguez in Odessa, Texas

6 months ago

I know what you mean, I am an oncology nurse and I love to care for these pts, but they keep assigning more and more pts to you. Some are receiving blood, some chemo and very anxious, they need additional support, but so many pts assigned to you, there is no time to provide adequate care so I decided to retire early. I feel so bad for these pts, they not only need your clinical skills but emotional and psychological support, this type of nursing has left a terrible taste in my mouth that I prefer to stay retired, it is so unfair to you but so much more for these pts. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.