To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every nursing assistant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your nursing assistant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

qukara in East Orange, New Jersey

95 months ago

my name qukara im looking for more information about
cna because im about to start school this month for
becoming a cna in i was looking at the salary they pay
in newyork in i live in newjersey so im wondering what shift is the best to work that the work is not
gonna be so hard in also can you work in the hospital
in not just the nursing home with them licenses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Betty in Boston, Massachusetts

94 months ago

Well the most advice i can give is that you have to be able to work in a nusring homes first in order to gain some skills and thats what most hospitals requires. The position to wotk i would say is 11-7 because you won't have to do a lot of work since they sleeping. I worked mornings and i find that very competitive due to the amount of things that must be accomplised by 3:00. But i liked those hours due to having the rest of the day to myself. Cna is not an easy job but you will gain many experinces in that field that's if you choose to! Also working with elderly is not that bad cause you can learn alot from them who knows more than us also some of them are so adorable and funny after working with them for awhile you find yourself loving some of them. But at the same time there's some evil ones, also the course is not difficult as long as you study and take it serious you will succeed.My last advice is to not make this job your caeer if your still young you may not be content, and may want to aim for something higher after a certain time. alright bye....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carline in Norwalk, Connecticut

81 months ago

I've been a CNA for the pass 4 years, but I had a family emergency and I could not continue to work as a CNA for about 1 year. I just took the test again on 3/27/08 and I passed. I really enjoy helping the elderly. Can you suggest any good agencies to work for that pays a decent salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.