cna jobs that are hiring.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 108)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Laura

71 months ago

Norma in New York, New York said: Denise, are you still looking for a job. I don't know when you posted this. I'm looking for a weekend live-in. I live in Oceanside (right next door to you.)

Try looking on Craigslist for a job. I have found live in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Norma in New York, New York

71 months ago

This is Norma in New York. Someone in Oceanside answered me. I don't need anyone at this moment but would be happy to take your name in case I hear of anything else. I know a lot of people in the area. Please email me your email address.

Laura

71 months ago

Hi Norma my email is Lalaa60@aol.com Thanks for getting back to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

johanna in Long Island City, New York

71 months ago

hello my name is johanna and I am looking for a nursing assistant possition in or close to Ozone Park 11208 in Ny,I'm studying to become a medical assistance and I'm gonna get my license as a phelothomist , in CPR and with excellents skills in computer just in 2 months from now, I'd like to be hire by either and agency or a private home,just write me a mns as soon as you know something for me as soon as you read this mns,thank you to understand my situation.

Evonn in Saint Cloud, Florida

70 months ago

I am a Certifed CNA with a HomeHealth License as well as a CNA License I live near Orlando,Florida I have put in a dozen of applications and have had no luck in 4 months looking for a job.If someone knows of a facility hiring please contact me by email slimevonn@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deepdimples in Randallstown, Maryland

69 months ago

HI my name is Cynthia i am a private duty live cna

and willing to care for your love one

i have execllent experience and will take all the heavy

load off the family so that they can enjoy the rest of there life.

I have been doing this for fortyfive years and will content to do this job .I enjoy what i do .
Thanks You

MONA in Brooklyn, New York

65 months ago

Fed up in Baltimore, Maryland said: Try nursing. Become a registered nurse. When you are done nursing, get a job in the united states because we're short nurses here and I've met several nurses from the Phillipnes who have come over here. Don't be a nursing assistant. You're wasting your time.

DONT BE A NURSING ASSISTANT ITS A WASTE A TIME IS JUST BULL U TELLING THE PEOPLE IT TOOK ME 4 MONTHS TO GET A CNA JOB IT GOOD PAY WITH GREAT BENEFITS DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCATION AM IN BROOKLYN AND IT WAS EASY FRO ME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Miko Ny in Frederick, Maryland

64 months ago

Denise Grant in Freeport, New York said: I am seeking a full time job, I'm living in Freeport NY CNA certified I have five yrs. experience I love my job, love taking care of other people.

Hi I moved from Long Island to Maryland but I worked for a wonderful company in Long Island called F.R.E.E. They are great and you will get paid nice for having your C.N.A. and the experience so try them and good luck. MIKO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Denise from Freeport,

Do you have any nursing home experience or experience with bed-ridden patients?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gebreyesus

63 months ago

Hi,
My name is Letai. I am looking for a job in tampa, Florida area. I have 18 years of nursing assistane experience. I am a certified nursing assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

galia in Saint Louis, Missouri

62 months ago

I live in st. Originally from Africa trained a MD in CUBA with experiance in africa after graduation.After I come to the Us i was taking Care of my Kids while Giving some Volunteer Service in medical field as well as in other areas.Now my kids are grown up and they dont need me as much and decided to go out to work . I am willing to work as a medical assistant or a cna.I am hard working ,worked as a volunteer as CNA in the a clinic in St Louis Mo for 3 months.I am multilingual fluent in English/Spanish and some french. I am shure i will be useful in the field
If you have helpful inormation please contact me via email fanayed2003@yahoo.com ,and thank you in advance

kidbuu mom need job in Covington, Georgia

61 months ago

My name is isaiah my mom need a job in a nuring home or something im
12 plz help me and my mom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cnagirl in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

marnisha said: i'm a certified nursing aide without a license.i want to work in a nursing home in brooklyn.n.y..do anybody know of a nursing home that will hire me even though i don't have my cna license.thanks.

I hear you girl im in the same boat your in and i also live in bk
hears what you have to do your gonna have to get your license that
means your gonna have to take your state bored test thats what im
taking next week my state bored im certified just like you but without the license then after that you can try and apply to some
staffing agency that way you can get your foot in the door.
i hope this helps you good luck.

Domonique in Flint, Michigan

58 months ago

Rebecca Barry in Westland, Michigan said: I have School Certification and is tring to get hired in an hospital, or Nursing Home, but everyone want State Certification. How do they expect us to study for State Certification If we can't get hired temporary to practice the skills first? God bless america. You work hard and then get let down like your nothing, or didn't put any effort into what you've done. What is that?

Actually you'll have a better chance in finding a job if you get certified. I just took my boards and i panic really badly in all along it was very easy. I understand totally what you are saying but wouldn't you want someone who really knows what they are doing to help you if you were in a nursing home in need. Plus it will still be hard to get hired at a nursing home with no experience it's best to get it doing Home healthaide, or direct care, than you have a better chance at the nursing homes. Or who knows you might get lucy!!!

GRACE H. in Linden, New Jersey

56 months ago

I HAVE GRADUATED FROM ACADEMY TRAINING INSTITUDE AND EMPLOYMENT AS A NURSING ASSISTANT AT NEWARK. AM CURRENTLY SEEKING FOR JOB AT EITHER A HOSPITAL OR NURSING HOME IN NEW JERSEY.

1084 STUYVESAN AVE IRVINGTON, APT A NJ 07111

Angela in Birmingham, Alabama

55 months ago

Rebecca Barry in Westland, Michigan said: I have School Certification and is tring to get hired in an hospital, or Nursing Home, but everyone want State Certification. How do they expect us to study for State Certification If we can't get hired temporary to practice the skills first? God bless america. You work hard and then get let down like your nothing, or didn't put any effort into what you've done. What is that?

The best places to go for that is nursing homes. I learned we have 120 days we can work without the state certification. I had no luck with hospitals. They do not want to teach new CNAs. I have worked as a certified nursing assistant for a year, but I had 2 years experience working as a sitter before and that helped me.

55 months ago

Oh I thought this would be more helpful to know. The license makes us accountable for our actions as an assistant. It says that the nursing home is not accountable for our actions, we are.

Angela Hatfield in Sylacauga, Alabama

55 months ago

KEYANA MILES in Norwich, Connecticut said: HEY,
MY NAME IS KEYANA MILES AND I'AM 16 YEARS OLD. IAM CURRENTLY IN A TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL, THE TRADE IAM TAKIN IS NURSING.NEXT YEAR I WOULD BE A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT(CNA) IAM LOOKIN FOR A CARRER AS SOON AS I BECOME 18 becuase thats WHEN IAM ABLE TO WORK AS A CNA BUT I WOULD LOVE TO START WORKING RITE AFTER I BECOME CERTIFIED

GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! Do your nursing program.Nursing assistants make 8.20 to 10.00 here. Go to school and get your nursing degree. R.Ns make 24.00 an hour. They push papers and pills. They do some wound care. Which one sounds better?And they get more respect here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Redford, Michigan

55 months ago

I am out here tell everyone in the Michigan area that you will not wast to work for Rivergate Health Care Center they are the worse place to work the have a very high turn over rate why is that well let me tell you the have the most unquilfied nurses their the have lost resdidents in the home by allowing the to walk out they also lie about pay but have money fo the bosses to get raises that they dont work for.STay away from their

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Concernperson in Bridgeport, Ohio

55 months ago

michelle said: hello i live in florence sc and i am looking for a cna job been living here for 1year and put in applications in but no one will call me back. does any body know any places that i can get in.

Maybe you sould talk to different people who work around people who's in the cna and could help u.

55 months ago

Fed up in Baltimore, Maryland said: One is because they want you to have phlebotomy skills and a lot of other experience. Because of the huge nursing shortage, the hospitals are training cnas, tech or whatever the hell, they call them in your state to take on some more nursing skills, for example foley insertion, tube feeding and wound care. I have my associates degree and i still can not get a position in a hospital. I have applied for a position at a local hospital that wanted you to have your Associates degree.
I have two suggestions: A. calling the hospital and see if they have an inside agency. Often, they will and you can get a temporary position in the hospital which may lead to a permanent position. Also if you're hired by the inside agency, you may or may not do floor work but instead sit with uncontrollable patients and dementia patients. Once you've been there for six months or so, then you can get friendly with some of the employees and maybe you can get one of them to put in a good word for you for a position.
My other suggestion is get another job.

I do not know I am having the same trouble. I used to sit with elderly until I got my state certification. I have been in the nursing home for 1 year. I was told to keep calling. update applications. They sometimes only have 1 cna to a floor of 23. I wish they knew how hard it has been to take care of that many total care patients. Do not give up. Go to nursing homes. Sometimes they are willing to pay for experience. All I want to know is, what is the top out pay for this job?

55 months ago

Domonique in Flint, Michigan said: Actually you'll have a better chance in finding a job if you get certified. I just took my boards and i panic really badly in all along it was very easy. I understand totally what you are saying but wouldn't you want someone who really knows what they are doing to help you if you were in a nursing home in need. Plus it will still be hard to get hired at a nursing home with no experience it's best to get it doing Home healthaide, or direct care, than you have a better chance at the nursing homes. Or who knows you might get lucy!!!

You have so many days after school to get to work. Try calling back. The state test is not that hard. practice at home on everyone. Have faith. The biggest obsticle is getting over the fear. Be patient, take a deep breath and pray.
I know I would want someone that is accountable to the state to take care of me or my family member. You can run ads in paper if you think you could work as a sitter until you get hired. That way you get some experience. The nursing homes like volunteers too. Try getting in by volunteering to pass ice, give vital signs, help with activities. As you get to know them, they will see your work ethics. Let them know you are interested and want to work. Be honest. Use your heart to sell you. They are looking for caring people who can get the job done.The nursing home is nothing like school anyway. A lot of the stuff we learned in school is thrown out the window. It is up to us to keep the freshness and compassion in our work. Do not take all the negative stuff to heart. take one day at a time and you will achieve your goal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

SHA MONEY in Middle Island, New York said: DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANYWHERE IN LONG ISLAND WHERE I CAn take a free hha or cna course or even for cheap and I'm only 17 but will be 18 soon lease help me e-mail me @shalique20072yahoo.com

Hi I do not know if you got the info you needed, but if you will go to the nursing homes and try volunteering first. Let them see your work ethic. You can get full paid CNA certification. Show you are a caring individual. I promise it works. Talk to staffing and activities department. they are always looking for help. Get some experience under your belt and it will help you decide if you can handle the pressure and do the things that it takes to be a CNA. It is hard work that takes a lot of patience and care. Not everyone can be kind to someone after they just poopped and has their hand in it throwing it in the floor or on a wall. It is not a pretty site. If you cannot handle vomit, the smell of poop, tantrums, gossip, insecure coworkers, a person who repeats the same question 300 times a week, blood, bed sores, tears, the loss of a friend,or overworked aching muscles. This may not be the job for you.

55 months ago

Tammy in Redford, Michigan said: I am out here tell everyone in the Michigan area that you will not wast to work for Rivergate Health Care Center they are the worse place to work the have a very high turn over rate why is that well let me tell you the have the most unquilfied nurses their the have lost resdidents in the home by allowing the to walk out they also lie about pay but have money fo the bosses to get raises that they dont work for.STay away from their

That is EVERY WHERE.!! I see it at my present job. I am told by other CNAs that some places are worse. I get angry by this action too. My bosses go home at 3,4,5. I work 7 to 7. Sometimes I work 3pm to 7am. I get called in on my days off,and they are about to make it mandetory that we come in when called. I see how some of my co-workers are so fed up that they do not even show up for work or take it out on the residents. Aching muscles, bad attitudes, lonely, angry and depressed residents, abuse, no pay for hard work and benefits that are outragious: Am I hitting the nail on the head? It is frustrating. We have to stand up and say what is on our mind or it will keep on being the same. I made 8.20 untill my 16 cent raise. Can you raise a family of 4 on that pay without getting another job? So I work in a lunchroom as a substitute. Some days I go straight after a 12 hr shift. I am tired, but I have a family to take care of. Do you know of any other way to change the way things are?

Brittany in Hesperia, California

53 months ago

joy said: i have been a care giver all of my life. i have been a certified CNA for 7 yrs. i have worked in a nursing home, but my goal was to work in a hospital.
why is it so difficult for CNAs who work in nursing homes to get hired in hospitals?
joy

Hospitals need nurses & Laundry. The Hospital really does'nt have "live in residents" whom need constant help. Although it would be amazingly awsome to be a Hospital CNA-dont think it will ever happen. In fact, i think nursing homes are wanting to "cut down" on CNA employees & aim 4 more RN's. Im starting CNA training next moth + seriously hoping it's not a waste of time.* Glad you posted, cuz i feel the same*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Is there an experienced CNA looking for a job in New York?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Lanham, Maryland

53 months ago

I am a Medical Assistant in Hyatsville, Maryland. I am not certified but have expirience. If you need a Medical Assistant around the Prince Georges County area don't hesitate to ask for my resume.

S.COLEMANHARRIS in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

HELLO MY NAME IS SHENIQUA.I'M FROM THE BRONX,NY.I HAVE MY SCHOOL CERTIFICATION IN CNA.I TOOK THE STATE BOARD EXAM AND I DIDN'T PASS ON THE FIRST TRY.I'M SCHEDULED TO RETAKE THE EXAM NEXT MONTH.BUT I WANTED TO SEE IF I CAN GET HIRED IN A NURSING HOME OR HOSPITAL IF I'M NOT STATE CERTIFIED BECAUSE THE STATE BOARD EXAM IS DIFFICULT TO PASS.

Somelostsoul in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

So basicaly, if you are a CNA trying to find work in a Hospital, it's impossiable unless you worked in Acute care. Ok, then how do we get experience in Acute care? That's what boggles my mind.

Ana in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I about to finish my CNA from American Red Cross, how can I get a job in a hospital or acute experience?

earl n balibalos in Ocala, Florida

50 months ago

hi my name is earl daven n balibalos im 24 years old i have my licence as a cna I was working in ormc as a transporter for a year but before that i was working in the nursing home for 7 years i have been a cna since i graduated high school and im very comptable working on this field i'm looking for an opportunity to save up so that i can go back to school to get my nursing

Darline in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Hello
My name is Darline . I graduated two month ago from my CNA training school and passed the CNA state board test a month ago .I applied for jobs everywhere and no one called me back.I even tried a agency but still nothing .I live in New York City , I am desperately in need for a CNA job.I am available to work during the weekends , weekdays , even night shifts .Please send me a email if anyone is hiring

49 months ago

Darline, once in awhile I hear of private people looking for CNAs. If you send me your number or email, I will keep it in case I hear of anything in Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens or Westchester.

Darline in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

oh really Norma, that would be great you can contact me by this email darlinejl@yahoo.ca Thanks for answering.Let meknow if you hear anything

John Shivoney in Middle Island, New York

49 months ago

The exam is simple if you just study the exact prometric steps guide to the T

49 months ago

michelle said: hello i live in florence sc and i am looking for a cna job been living here for 1year and put in applications in but no one will call me back. does any body know any places that i can get in.

You have so many days after school to get to work. Try calling back. The state test is not that hard. practice at home on everyone. Have faith. The biggest obsticle is getting over the fear. Be patient, take a deep breath and pray.
I know I would want someone that is accountable to the state to take care of me or my family member. You can run ads in paper if you think you could work as a sitter until you get hired. That way you get some experience. The nursing homes like volunteers too. Try getting in by volunteering to pass ice, give vital signs, help with activities. As you get to know them, they will see your work ethics. Let them know you are interested and want to work. Be honest. Use your heart to sell you. They are looking for caring people who can get the job done.The nursing home is nothing like school anyway. A lot of the stuff we learned in school is thrown out the window. It is up to us to keep the freshness and compassion in our work. Do not take all the negative stuff to heart. take one day at a time and you will achieve your goal.

devika175 in Richmond Hill, New York

46 months ago

hi i am devika and i am a cna i have my state certification and i am loking for a job in a nursing home,(i am currently working as a hha

Marki in Meriden, Connecticut

46 months ago

MONA in Brooklyn, New York said: DONT BE A NURSING ASSISTANT ITS A WASTE A TIME IS JUST BULL U TELLING THE PEOPLE IT TOOK ME 4 MONTHS TO GET A CNA JOB IT GOOD PAY WITH GREAT BENEFITS DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCATION AM IN BROOKLYN AND IT WAS EASY FRO ME.

I have been a CNA for 22 yrs.I strongly disagree that being a CNA is a waste of time!!! I recently relocated & started a new job. A male resident that hadn't taken a shower since his admission allowed me to give him one not once but twice since I have been employed there.Everyone was asking me what was my trick. I was inducted into the CNA Hall of Fame April 2010 in Farmington. What a Honor

michellecogmon in Bronx, New York

45 months ago

To whom this may concern i am a certified nurses assistant lookin for a job in a nursing home or hospital.i have 1 year experience in a nursing rehab facility. i also draw blood did that for 2 years in a gyn clinic.i also worked as a ome aide for years, but now im in a nursing home need more hours thank u.

45 months ago

Have you tried Cabrini in Dobbs Ferry?

Angelika

45 months ago

I'm looking for a job in upstate ny, or westchester or even manhattan, i'll take nursing home,hospital,or live in, I would even do agency work but I think I need a car for that which I don't have.

45 months ago

what experience do you have?

Angelika

45 months ago

I have 0 experience, except for clinicals.

44 months ago

I know of someone who is looking for a legal CNA or HHA who can LIVE IN ON WEEKENDS in Yonkers (Saturday mornings to Monday mornings). Please let me know of any interest.

Nevergotheir in Redford, Michigan

44 months ago

Tendercare of Tayor is the worst place that a real great person should not work mangement is cares nothing about the residents or staff its the D.O.N that works their that makes your life hard and useing her staff for her own selfish reasons. She uses her postions to bully them and lies to fit her own needs. The STATE does not have a clue of whats going on. The bed sores alone is the reason that the place should be shut down. She lies to the family members about their love ones and she has no way to explain what has happen to several of them DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILY IN THEIR it looks good on the inside but that only the inside.

Nevergotheir in Redford, Michigan

44 months ago

I am writting this to let everone know not to put their family or for anyone to go work for Tendercare of Talyor in Michigan is is the worst place to work and I don't understand how STATE has not shut them down yet. The D.O.N alone is a lier and covers up things that goes on in thier and it seems that everyone in their seems to turn a blind eye when it come to residents. It looks very good on the outside but the inside is HELL. NO ONE SHOULD WORK IN THEIR WITH THEIR GOOD MIND.

Tinkerbell in Santa Barbara, California

42 months ago

Looking for a a home health aide position in Santa Barbara or Goleta, Ca. I have been one for two years and was a house manager for numerous houses. Please let me know what agency or home care place I should be applying.
Thanks

Tinkerbell in Santa Barbara, California

42 months ago

I am looking for a home health/cna job located in Goleta or Santa Barbara CA. I worked for two years with all kinds of developmental disabilities and at numerous houses. I have not yet finished CNA training. What specific agencies should I be applying at?
Thanks for the help.

Angelika22 in New York

41 months ago

I can understand you on that, I got my cna in December and still no job and in Sept. it will be too late because I will be in school full time and won't have time to work.

ALICIA in Conyers, Georgia

37 months ago

HI NORMA IN IN NEW YORK AND I JUST RECIEVE MY CNA. CAN U PLZ EMAIL THE JOBS THAT ARE HIRING FOR CNA. THNX N GOD BLESS

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.