May i interview an occupational nurse here? please?? i beg you.. it's for our project..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

hanah b. in Cagayan De Oro, Philippines

75 months ago

what are your roles and responsibilities as an occupational nurse?

what are the advantages and disadvantages of being an occupational nurse?

what are the factors that inspired you to become an occupational nurse?

pls include your name, gender, age, civil status, years in service and school graduated

this will be a big help for me and for my groupmates as well.. please please please... ;(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

821 in Delray Beach, Florida

74 months ago

your roles and responsibilities as an occupational nurse?
I am the person who receives first aids and depending on the type:
cut-manage with simple bandage if a laceration and sutures needed we send to our offsite clinic and it becomes an OSHA recordable.
Environment Health and Safety as well as supervisor is alerted and accident/incident report is requested and EH&S investigates-sometimes the nurse.
It it is a complaint of neck, shoulder, arm, or wrist discomfort we ask what is the job the person does and how it is performed (repeatitive in nature?) We try to manage in our clinic if no improvement we send to offsite for evaluation, therapy, various studies exam. MRI to get to the diagnosis. Again via Supervisor and EH&S reports we can get to root cause if injury is due to work station and job task. Sometimes the employees are placed in a position without rotation and this can be one of the problems or reaching over shoulders repeatedly will cause muscle fatique and other issues.
The nurse is a case manager for the Worker's Compensation cases makes sure the employee is scheduled for evaluations, follow up visits, listens to the employee as to the care and progress. Maintains close communication with 3rd party insurance company such as Liberty Mutual the adjusters and case managers on that level. We can make suggestion and offer input if we feel we need to investigate a particular case.
I receive all Return to work medical certificates from WC, short term disability. Review the dates and restrictions ordered. We inform the Supervisor. Stockmeds, monthly reports
what are the advantages and disadvantages of being an occupational nurse?

what are the factors that inspired you to become an occupational nurse? So many things to do never get bored, can be creative offerin

pls include your name, gender, age, civil status, years in service and school graduated

this will be a big help for me and for my groupmates as well.. please please please... ;(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hanah b. in Cagayan De Oro, Philippines

74 months ago

tnx for answering.. though we're already done with our project..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

grannilv in Loma Linda, California

65 months ago

821 in Delray Beach, Florida said: your roles and responsibilities as an occupational nurse?
I am looking for an Occupational health nurse to interview about job function, scope of practice and your contributions to the community as an occupational health RN. Can you help me out?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I need to interview an occupational health RN about job functions, scope of practice and their contributions to the community. Can you help me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I am looking for an Occupational health nurse to interview about job function, scope of practice and your contributions to the community as an occupational health RN. Can you help me out?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

niseirn in Irvine, California

62 months ago

Hi, I am an occupational health nurse working in Orange Couny, CA. I have been in this specialty more than 6 years now. I have worked in various industries, including manufacturing (semiconductor, food, etc.), federal government, and hospitality industry. Depending on the position I've held, I function in different capacities: Case Management; Medical Surveillance; Wellness Education; Health Promotion; First-Aid & Triage; Workers’ Compensation; Disability Management; Medical Report Writing; Outreach Immunization Clinics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.