OT Volunteer opportunities in Los Angeles area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

City8888 in Studio City, California

32 months ago

I am a prospective OT student in need of OT experience. I have contacted a few hospitals around la with no success, as well as some other organizations. They all say they don't have any openings because of a high demand.. Does anyone here know of a place I could volunteer for? I am desperate! Any senior facilities that have OTs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

antonia11 in Santa Clarita, California

32 months ago

City8888 in Studio City, California said: I am a prospective OT student in need of OT experience. I have contacted a few hospitals around la with no success, as well as some other organizations. They all say they don't have any openings because of a high demand.. Does anyone here know of a place I could volunteer for? I am desperate! Any senior facilities that have OTs?

me too! i been loking somewhere to volunteer!

Newbie in Canyon Country, California

30 months ago

Hi guys are you still looking for places to volunteer? I am actually volunteering in Santa Clarita right now and I am the only volunteer there! If you guys are still looking then please reply to this and I will give you the info.

Mbn3456 in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

Newbie in Canyon Country, California said: Hi guys are you still looking for places to volunteer? I am actually volunteering in Santa Clarita right now and I am the only volunteer there! If you guys are still looking then please reply to this and I will give you the info.

That would be great, i don't mind commuting there

Newbie in Canyon Country, California

30 months ago

Mbn3456 in Los Angeles, California said: That would be great, i don't mind commuting there

I am working at Pediatric Therapy at Santa Clarita. There are PTs, OTs, STs etc working there. You could email them and ask them about volunteering. The email is pediatrictherapy@att.net. I do have to tell you though that the volunteers are responsible for cleaning the toys, changing batteries etc but you get to observe the therapists too, so it works out for me. People there are really nice. :) I am not a 100% sure that they want more volunteers but I assume they do. You should certainly give it a try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Reseda, California

30 months ago

Try Casa Colina Rehabilitation Centers. I did my 100 hours there and loved it!

Gina in Reseda, California

30 months ago

Casa Colina Rehabilitation Centers. They have an amazing volunteer program and will be able to set up in setting that you desire

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.