Occupational therapy master's program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 748)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

nohays in Freehold, New Jersey

54 months ago

has anyone heard about acceptance to 2010 ot master entry level programs from nyu, columbia, stockton, or kean? i have been waiting to hear anything but still nothing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ot in Sunnyvale, California

54 months ago

Columbia has sent out some, if not all of their acceptances via email already. NYU admissions results should be coming out sometime late March. Not sure about stockton or kean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nohays in Lakewood, New Jersey

54 months ago

ot in Sunnyvale- How do you know this? were you accepted. just wondering. i am just going a little nutty waiting for anything. i applied to 7 schools and haven't heard a thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mallary in Waltham, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I applied to both Columbia and NYU as well..but have not heard anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mallary in Waltham, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I applied to both NYU and Columbia as well, but have not heard anything yet. I don't know if thats a good sign or not.

mermaid88 in Los Altos, California

54 months ago

I did not get into chicago and san jose. i just got accepted to nyu. still waiting for columbia and usc.

ot in Sunnyvale, California

54 months ago

Yes I got accepted to Columbia a couple weeks ago, hopefully you hear from somewhere soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

can i ask what your guys stats were. i had a 3.2 in my undergrad and 3.9 in my prerequistes. also, did anyone get rejection letters? i am not counting myself out until i get those i guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MK in Waltham, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I called Columbia today and they said I would hear by the end of the this week, or monday by the latest.. Good luck everyone..

MK in Waltham, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I called Columbia and that said that everyone would hear by the end of this week, monday at the latest.

54 months ago

good to know. lets cross our fingers

ToddLPN in Marietta, Georgia

54 months ago

Hey there, does anyone know about Shenandoah University or Brenau University? I am asking about these two as they are the nearest schools to me that offer a part-track. Also, how are you guys financing your education, and is it working for you? Last, I have been to the AOTA website to look up schools, and if I am correct, I think there is no part-time track available in the public schools...Does anyone know of a public school that offers part-time? Thanks for you time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

ToddLPN in Marietta, Georgia said: Hey there, does anyone know about Shenandoah University or Brenau University? I am asking about these two as they are the nearest schools to me that offer a part-track. Also, how are you guys financing your education, and is it working for you? Last, I have been to the AOTA website to look up schools, and if I am correct, I think there is no part-time track available in the public schools...Does anyone know of a public school that offers part-time? Thanks for you time.

I am not sure about those two. I am just going full force into full time. I am hoping to get financial aid and grants. The rest will be loans. I figured I just want to get into school first. check out the website below

www.fafsa.ed.gov/

ToddLPN in Douglasville, Georgia

54 months ago

nohays in Freehold, New Jersey said: I am not sure about those two. I am just going full force into full time. I am hoping to get financial aid and grants. The rest will be loans. I figured I just want to get into school first. check out the website below

www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just know private schools are more expensive. I prefer a public school as I could save half of what I would spend at a private school. Plus, it seems that there are better AID options at public schools speaking from my experience with them. I wish I could go in full time, but I am a 32 year old, single man with too many financial obligations. Taking full loads in undergrad studies is enough. I can't imagine trying to do that at this point in my life with grad school. Thanks again

54 months ago

I hear you. I am 35 but have dropped everything to go for it. luckily, I just heard from nyu and was accepted. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OT2BE in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

I was waitlisted at NYU last year and rejected this year. Also, I was invited last minute to an interview (because they lost my info) I couldn't make at Samuel Merritt last year, and was sent an orientation e-mail by mistake, but rejected this year. I don't get it. I'm becoming frustrated with this whole process. I hear applications have tripled and quadrupled. I'm wondering if it's worth it... for me at least. For a profession that is bashed so much on this board, demand sure is high.

mermaid88 in Fremont, California

54 months ago

has anyone heard anything from usc yet? im getting worried because i know they start in june. also, i'm really worried about financing all of this. i'm turning 24 this year, and thinking about the cost of everything is really scaring me.

54 months ago

OT2BE in Los Angeles, California said: I was waitlisted at NYU last year and rejected this year. Also, I was invited last minute to an interview (because they lost my info) I couldn't make at Samuel Merritt last year, and was sent an orientation e-mail by mistake, but rejected this year. I don't get it. I'm becoming frustrated with this whole process. I hear applications have tripled and quadrupled. I'm wondering if it's worth it... for me at least. For a profession that is bashed so much on this board, demand sure is high.

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know what to tell you. I was very concerned also. If this is what you really want to do, then all I can say it try again. I applied to 7 schools and was still afraid of not getting in. The crazy thing is I hear from NYU and no one else. who knows

54 months ago

nohays in Lakewood, New Jersey said: I hear you. I am 35 but have dropped everything to go for it. luckily, I just heard from nyu and was accepted. good luck

Congrats! Good luck to you too. I am also thinking of University of Florida. If I save what I can while I finish my undergrad, then I might be able to cut the work hours and attend a full time program. Plus, the school has good aid and is close to family.

md99 in Largo, Florida

54 months ago

does anyone have interview advice? have an upcoming interview for MOT program and would like to know what to expect?

54 months ago

md99 in Largo, Florida said: does anyone have interview advice? have an upcoming interview for MOT program and would like to know what to expect?

I think the AOTA website has good advice for that. There are forums there too. Also, if you do not find what you are looking for here or there, google "student doctor forums". I found some helpful info there too. Hope this helps.

Lisa in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: has anyone heard anything from usc yet? im getting worried because i know they start in june. also, i'm really worried about financing all of this. i'm turning 24 this year, and thinking about the cost of everything is really scaring me.

I still have not heard from USC I'm getting very worried, I feel like they have already filled their spots...

53 months ago

I know i just emailed sarah kelly cause i'm really scared also. and they're a june start!!! good luck, i hope we get in :[

OT Applicant in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

I got rejected by Columbia and USP said they never recieved my complete application yet they never informed me. Has anyone applied to Bay Path or Midwestern?

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: I know i just emailed sarah kelly cause i'm really scared also. and they're a june start!!! good luck, i hope we get in :[

Have you heard anything yet? I still haven't ugh!

53 months ago

Heyy

No I haven't! I e-mailed Sarah Kelley, she said they have an unusually large amount of applicants and we should hear back within the next two weeks. (I got this email last week, so hopefully this week?) Let me know when you hear back and I will do the same!

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: Heyy

No I haven't! I e-mailed Sarah Kelley, she said they have an unusually large amount of applicants and we should hear back within the next two weeks. (I got this email last week, so hopefully this week?) Let me know when you hear back and I will do the same!

I still haven't heard but was wondering if you had checked the Financial Aid Login site lately? I was wondering if the saying I'm getting when logging in and clicking 2010/2011 award is generic or not? Oh and also just wondering what your stats are....I have a 3.5 undergrad GPA, really good letters of rec and volunteer hours, but pretty bad GRE scores. Still hoping for the best for us both :)

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: Heyy

Just got a letter from USC...Waitlisted UGH!

53 months ago

omg really! so when do they notify you if you get in or not? wow that is SO not fair your grades are soo good!

my grades arent even as good as yours, and my gre's were terrible. i had good letters and lots of experience so i probably won't get in.

good luck though seriously!

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: omg really! so when do they notify you if you get in or not? wow that is SO not fair your grades are soo good!

my grades arent even as good as yours, and my gre's were terrible. i had good letters and lots of experience so i probably won't get in.

Ahhh you are sweet! I am sure you will get in or get on the waitlist too! The letter pretty much says that they can notify you up until June 14th which is the first day of class! It doesn't say how many they are taking or not, it really doesnt say much. Kind'a frustrating. I don't know what to do, because it's only like 8 weeks away and its so hard to not know where your going to live or which direction your life is taking. I would love USC, but I may end up going to Dominican. Hopefully, I will hear sooner than later. :)

53 months ago

mermaid88 in Fremont, California said: omg really! so when do they notify you if you get in or not? wow that is SO not fair your grades are soo good!

Oh just so you know my GRE's were terrible too, really terrible :)

CSUDH in Torrance, California

53 months ago

Have any of you guys thought of applying to CSUDH? It's cheaper than USC and very hands on. You also get four Level 1 Fieldwork settings aside from you Level IIs.

53 months ago

I have actually thought about CSUDH a lot. I am just worried about the problems in public education right now. I am not sure how many students they will be able to take next go around, with cuts as they are. I would actually love going to CSUDH, because for me I really want to come back home to So. Cal. and I have heard the program is very strong. What do you know about the program? I wish it had a fall entrance, but I am very much considering applying for spring. Please give me any info. you have. Thanks so much for recommendation. :)

53 months ago

CSUDH in Torrance, California said: Have any of you guys thought of applying to CSUDH? It's cheaper than USC and very hands on. You also get four Level 1 Fieldwork settings aside from you Level IIs.

I have actually thought about CSUDH a lot. I am just worried about the problems in public education right now. I am not sure how many students they will be able to take next go around, with cuts as they are. I would actually love going to CSUDH, because for me I really want to come back home to So. Cal. and I have heard the program is very strong. What do you know about the program? I wish it had a fall entrance, but I am very much considering applying for spring. Please give me any info. you have. Thanks so much for recommendation. :)

CSUDH in Long Beach, California

53 months ago

Lisa in Los Angeles, California said: I have actually thought about CSUDH a lot. I am just worried about the problems in public education right now. I am not sure how many students they will be able to take next go around, with cuts as they are. I would actually love going to CSUDH, because for me I really want to come back home to So. Cal. and I have heard the program is very strong. What do you know about the program? I wish it had a fall entrance, but I am very much considering applying for spring. Please give me any info. you have. Thanks so much for recommendation. :)

Sure! You can try to make it to one of the info sessions: www.csudh.edu/hhs/ot/ Try to have all your pre-reqs done when you apply to make you a stronger candidate. It is a good program and I would recommend it! If you are worried about the state of the university due to budget cuts, you can try bringing it up and ask what the status is. Good luck!

53 months ago

CSUDH in Long Beach, California said: Sure! You can try to make it to one of the info sessions: www.csudh.edu/hhs/ot/ Try to have all your pre-reqs done when you apply to make you a stronger candidate. It is a good program and I would recommend it! If you are worried about the state of the university due to budget cuts, you can try bringing it up and ask what the status is. Good luck!

Thanks for the info :) I have all of the pre-req's done already so hopefully will go well. Thanks again!

missy3 in Chino Hills, California

52 months ago

Lisa in Los Angeles, California said: Just got a letter from USC...Waitlisted UGH!

Hi, i've been placed on the waitlist too for USC. I came on here to see if there were others in the same situation as me. Looks like there are lol, i hate not knowing yet!

52 months ago

missy3 in Chino Hills, California said: Hi, i've been placed on the waitlist too for USC. I came on here to see if there were others in the same situation as me. Looks like there are lol, i hate not knowing yet!

Glad I'm not alone! When did you find out? I'm still very hopeful, but I'm not sure. Have you heard anything? I will update on here if I get any news or hear about anything. Good Luck to you! Did you apply anywhere else?

52 months ago

Lisa in Los Angeles, California said: Glad I'm not alone! When did you find out? I'm still very hopeful, but I'm not sure. Have you heard anything? I will update on here if I get any news or hear about anything. Good Luck to you! Did you apply anywhere else?

I found out about two weeks ago. I'm so stressed out because they start so soon and would have to move. I check my app status everyday lol. I did not apply anywhere else, but if i do not get in (which i prob wont, i emailed sarah to see where i fall on the list and she said i was mid way :/)im gonna apply to CSUDH and maybe even SJSU or NYU for next year. I'm 26, and just want to be in a program already! lol..I wonder how many people USC accepts and of those people, the percent that usually decline their admission. I'm sure just a few might, i cant see a lot of people rejecting their acceptance. Well good luck to you! I hope we are some of the lucky ones on the waitlist! :)

52 months ago

Good site to check out for future OT's

forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=513

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

missy3 in Chino Hills, California said: I found out about two weeks ago. I'm so stressed out because they start so soon and would have to move. I check my app status everyday lol. I did not apply anywhere else, but if i do not get in (which i prob wont, i emailed sarah to see where i fall on the list and she said i was mid way :/)im gonna apply to CSUDH and maybe even SJSU or NYU for next year. I'm 26, and just want to be in a program already! lol..I wonder how many people USC accepts and of those people, the percent that usually decline their admission. I'm sure just a few might, i cant see a lot of people rejecting their acceptance. Well good luck to you! I hope we are some of the lucky ones on the waitlist! :)

You have more info than me :) I don't know where I am on the waiting list. I am hoping that the waiting list is not too big so maybe we all have a chance of getting in. I am also very nervous about the start date because I would have to move also. I found out that the people who were admitted had to reply by the 22nd which was yesterday, so lets keep our fingers crossed that we get some good news next week :) I willkeep you posted! Take care and Good Luck!!!

52 months ago

Oh wow, i hope we get in! i think theres about 30 people on the waitlist. I'll be crossing my fingers :) Take care, and good luck!

annoyed in Hamilton, Ontario

52 months ago

Wow, "me from LA," your awesome knack for picking up spelling errors is really going to come in handy in OT school. Two thumbs up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Just Thinking in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

Me in Los Angeles, I'm guessing your grades must suck and you must not have got in anywhere...poor you, all your doing is making yourself look pathetic. Looks like you are a bitter person. Enjoy your misery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ USC OTS in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

Lisa in Los Angeles, California said: I have actually thought about CSUDH a lot. I am just worried about the problems in public education right now...

CSUDH does have a great clinical experience, but don't let tuition deter you from considering USC :) There are many scholarships not mentioned on the site- trust me. If I may, I'd like to share about USC. I've met several people from CSUDH in football tailgates and fieldwork- and they're great! From a standpoint of going to USC:
1)you are in contact with people considered founding forefather/mothers- i.e. Dr. Florence Clark, Dr. Yerxa, Dr. Jean Ayres, etc.
2)you are in a position of having USC position you for networking and leadership
3)research in occupational science is heavily stressed and you'll be given much exposure towards occupational science and how it shapes occupational therapy
4)the faculty are all top notch, clinicians, researchers, educators, authors, etc. they aren't distant- they are very open and down to earth & easily accessible.
5)there are international fieldworks available if you so desire
6)if you plan on going on to the PhD curriculum, you have a chance to have a yearly stipend of 30k and additional scholarships making all undergrad, masters, and phd tuition FREE.
7)have I stressed how having a USC degree gets you connected/open doors especially in los angeles?
8)there are many opportunities to engage as a student leader in the program as well as in AOTA
9)USC football- always a fun event to go to!
10)you walk down the hallways of the OT department knowing that you have a chance to greatthing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

PJ USC OTS in Los Angeles, California said: CSUDH does have a great clinical experience, but don't let tuition deter you from considering USC :) There are many scholarships not mentioned on the site- trust me. If I may, I'd like to share about USC. I've met several people from CSUDH in football tailgates and fieldwork- and they're great! From a standpoint of going to USC:
1)you are in contact with people considered founding forefather/mothers- i.e. Dr. Florence Clark, Dr. Yerxa, Dr. Jean Ayres, etc.
2)you are in a position of having USC position you for networking and leadership
3)research in occupational science is heavily stressed and you'll be given much exposure towards occupational science and how it shapes occupational therapy
4)the faculty are all top notch, clinicians, researchers, educators, authors, etc. they aren't distant- they are very open and down to earth & easily accessible.
5)there are international fieldworks available if you so desire
6)if you plan on going on to the PhD curriculum, you have a chance to have a yearly stipend of 30k and additional scholarships making all undergrad, masters, and phd tuition FREE.
7)have I stressed how having a USC degree gets you connected/open doors especially in los angeles?
8)there are many opportunities to engage as a student leader in the program as well as in AOTA
9)USC football- always a fun event to go to!
10)you walk down the hallways of the OT department knowing that you have a chance to greatthing

the late- Dr. Ayres

52 months ago

IOT is just the ticket! in Arroyo Grande, California said: Rah-rah OT --- get out the pom-poms!

Only the die-hard OT loyalists are impressed with the
matriarchs of the OT lineage - no else is impressed or
cares. It's such a dark place - OT and these people - I shudder.

It's not about being a die-hard. I'm just proud of those who came before me to pave the way of the profession. As would anyone for their own.

What matters is that they made a significant impact on the profession of OT and related disciplines.

Happy OT month all!

ToddLPN in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

IOT is just the ticket! in Arroyo Grande, California said: It's just one big, happy OT family - a bunch of happy baffoons butting heads
just trying to find their way out the door. These OT matriarchs paved a
very dark path that many followed only to waste years of their lives
and tons of money in a fruitless endeavor to try to make sense of OT -
a exercise of futility. And, no they haven't impacted other professions -
only have had the audacity to try to overlap and take away from others
to lend credibility to their own marginally credible "profession." And,
it's to their shame.

Wow! You are really like a robot huh? Hehe..this is too funny. In every thread you post in, all you do is degrade the profession. You can't even apply anything to the topic of the thread! What is going on? awww..too funny!

ToddLPN in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

OT is just the ticket! in Arroyo Grande, California said: Oh, forgot to mention - in honor of OT Month - don't forget to have
a parade so all you OT devotees can march down the street or through the
halls of the hospitals waving your sock aides, dressing sticks and bath
sponges to show off for all the world to see your OT gadgets. They'd be so
impressed!

HAHA..gosh, you're so bitter...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

IOT is just the ticket! in Arroyo Grande, California said: It's just one big, happy OT family - a bunch of happy baffoons butting heads
just trying to find their way out the door. These OT matriarchs paved a
very dark path that many followed only to waste years of their lives
and tons of money in a fruitless endeavor to try to make sense of OT -
a exercise of futility. And, no they haven't impacted other professions -
only have had the audacity to try to overlap and take away from others
to lend credibility to their own marginally credible "profession." And,
it's to their shame.

I agree, history has shown that OT has become as a profession passive in it's role to advocate for itself. I'm glad to see the association as well as the current and incoming presidents set the goal of the national association to be proactive. What was considered 'fuitless' may soon bear fruit within the coming years- who knows when, but the mindset of many students in my program is about proactive engagement within leadership roles. The fruits of recent research has shown that social work (in various research articles), psych (and their journals), MD (and their articles), just to name a few have specifically point out that OT is beneficial for patients. And to think, OT benefits those realms as well.

As an example- Dr. Ayres has made significant contributions in OT. The great part is that she used her developmental psych background as well as her neuroscience to strengthen OT. In that respect, OT and the related areas benefited from her research. In research and education there is no such thing as 'taking away.' The spirit of education is about communal learning. I seem to find your comment on this issue interesting- so outside of OT do you consider 'borrowing' from other disciplines shameful as well?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.