Any online M.A./M.S. occupational therapy degrees for entry-level???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Jenny in Woodway, Texas

36 months ago

Hi all,

I am considering doing SLP or OT as is the title question of this forum. Here is my background: I have a double major in Spanish/English, have my EC-4th teaching license, and I also have an MBA. I am going to be moving out to Colorado with my husband (the west side). There are no schools on that side of the state that offer an M.A. or M.S. in SLP or OT. So, I am looking to go the distant learning route. The academic part would be online and watching lectures, etc, however, my clinics would obviously be in a health care setting. I read somewhere that there are NO occupational therapy programs online UNLESS you already have an undergrad in it (in other words it is considered a "post graduate level"--for those already in the field) and not for entry level such as would be myself. Is that true, no online programs for OT? I know that there are a good amount of accredited schools for SLP distant learning that I got off of ASHA and have called those accredited schools to verify, I would just have to take my prerequisites for it (about a year). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once again, I am moving to an area of Colorado where I cannot attend (in person) a university institution; have to do it the distant way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theebadge in Vancouver, British Columbia

34 months ago

Jenny- just wondering if you found an answer to your question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Daleville, Alabama

34 months ago

Thank you, no I am not sure about OT online, but there are some online for M.S. and they are by watching the instructor teach class and they are accredited. These comments have all been interesting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Theebadge in Campbell River, British Columbia

34 months ago

Thanks for getting back. Just to clarify- the online M.S. is for SLP?

Theebadge in Vancouver, British Columbia

34 months ago

Thanks for getting back.
Just to clarify- the online M.S. is for SLP?

tisha in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

Jenny, I am in your same sit, I'm looking for an entry level online ot program I already have an ms degree in education. I can't find one.

Kay in Northridge, California

31 months ago

There are no completely online entry level programs. Not yet anyway.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.