COTA online programs/bridge programs for full time working adults?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

jmpeterson289 in Charlotte, North Carolina

31 months ago

Hi!
Hope everyone is well.

I am a year of college with a BA in Psychology/Sociology and with a full time job. I am very interested in getting my certification as an occupational therapy assistant (COTA), but I need to remain working full time to pay bills and..well..be an adult. It is a desire of mine to become a COTA, but I just can't do it without the help of online classes and some kind of bridge program where I can do some here and there..and the clinicals part time.

Anyone else experience this? Or know of any programs like this in NC?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ginolane@gmail.com in Lake Charles, Louisiana

30 months ago

I also have 2 degrees and looking to be a COTA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lhaynes in Woodlawn, Virginia

26 months ago

I also would like to take COTA program online and then do clinicals/part time. I called several online colleges and they do not offer it. I am an LPN at the present and have all my pre-requisites done according to my local community college but the classes are on campus and I also work full time. So if anyone finds out about a accredited college online for this course let us know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

goldenchld86 in Riverview, Florida

7 months ago

I know this probably wont help since you are in different state but Remington College in Orlando Fl is developing a program like that. Classes are online and you go to labs one weekend a month in Orlando Fl for 8 hours. They are not yet accredited but are in step 2 of the accreditation process and hope to be fully accredited end of this year or early next year. I'm thinking of applying but am a little skeptical since they are not accredited yet, but i may just take a gamble as most schools that apply for accreditation with the AOTA usually become accredited, atleast that is what i have found in my research. I have been wanting to do OTA for a while as well but cant quit working to go to school full time so I am pretty excited to hear about this program at Remington!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.