Getting an administrative assistant job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Cyan in Chanhassen, Minnesota

42 months ago

I see a lot of people here rip on AA jobs, especially if you have a degree but honestly it's a job that *I'd* like to have right now for various reasons. From what I understand, there is actually a wide breadth of what AA jobs consist of, as long as you are willing to look and consider various sectors.

My current field of human services SUCKS. I already see changes that I know I don't want to be around for, and I don't get the impression or am presented with the opportunities for growth. Not to mention, you make NO money for everything that you do. The expense reports that are supposed to help you gain some of your money back are a pittance when I think about all the expenses I incur.

I have also figured out that my REAL interests are in a supportive position where I can be organized, learn new things, and follow a routine if possible. I'm also not interested in building a "career" so to speak but would rather gain valuable job experience because when I have children I plan on staying home for a few years.

It doesn't seem to matter how much I revamp my resume, sell myself in an interview, etc. I can't seem to get a job in AA! I also have my degree but it seems that I lack in true professional experience. My current job is my first real full-time "professional" job (which is also hell, btw) and I am certain that looks fishy to potential employers.

I'm not sure what else I should do. I've looked into staffing agencies but when they send my resume over to other companies I never hear back from them on interest. I want to say that I'm going to give up but my current job is just plain awful (there is consistent high turnover, if that paints a picture) and I'm willing to learn what I need to for an AA job.

What do I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.