What do you enjoy most about your ophthalmic technician career?

Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an ophthalmic technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

sl33pnBeauT in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

I love working with the patients and learning new things. I am a newbie so everything is so challenging and great. I have never been this happy before! I love, love, love my job! I got a degree in medical assisting and I am getting on the job training by excellent, intelligent doctors. I am so blessed.

Courtney

34 months ago

I love learning and being a tech allows me to learn constantly. You can be a COA, COT or COMT and you can even get a surgical certification. Some days are routine and a little boring but that happens in every job. I love the hours, not working holidays or weekends, getting good pay, not having to worry about my job when I'm at home, and working alongside very talented physicians. I dislike angry patients and family members and sometimes it gets so busy you can't think straight. However, these things are nothing compared to the stress of other jobs. And once you're done with the patient, that's it! You can move on and forget about it if they were unfriendly. One more great thing is that there are so many specialty practices you can work for to learn more. I love my job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.