What are typical oracle database administrator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

ST in Arlington, Virginia

81 months ago

Best description:

www.dba-oracle.com/t_salary_salaries_compensation.htm

Advice for anyone who wants to be a good DBA...first, be a full time programmer (in any language) for 3 years, there are too many DBA's out there who can not write SQL, they only can install databases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

C in Gilbert, Arizona

72 months ago

Fully agree with your comments ST. I am a DBA with 10 yrs experience, but was a SQL programmer for 2 yrs prior and I continue to develop in addition to my admin duties. Also, make yourself even more valuable by gaining systems admin/engineering experience as well as any networking skills you can obtain.

There is a push for more of a 'DBA 2.0' who can handle DBA tasks in addition to setting up and maintaining hardware and networks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

P in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Oddly, Database Administrators used to be programmers that found it necessary to design databases in order to achieve the performance required. Unfortunately, the maintenance aspect doesn't tend to keep such folks interested in being a DBA very long. A DBA with a strong programming and operating system background often commands half again what is typically listed as the 'top' DBA salary in their area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rajender in New Delhi, India

63 months ago

oracle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.