Very good understanding of Oracle concepts and PL/SQL - functions, stored procedures, returning records from stored procedure, exception handing, explicit vs. implicit cursors, packages, control structures, transaction handling; materialized views; using EXPLAIN PLAN; DECODE and CASE
statements, data types in Oracle, data type conversion
functions, date arithmetic in Oracle, purpose of DUAL
stable, sequences; tablespaces; security.
Our client a leading financial services organization is looking for Senior Oracle Developer to join there growing organization.
This person will be responsible for:
- Providing input in new database schema design for upcoming projects.
- Candidate should be able to document specifications e.g. data models, technical specs, etc...
- Provide Production Support
- Flexibility to easily switch between and work on multiple projects as priorities change.
- Identify issues and propose solutions.
- Develop well tested quality code Implement fixes and enhancements
- Heavy interaction with US and London team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Interaction with infrastructure team TIS, DBAs, Global Web Services, Server Team, Access Control, etc...
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-6 years of general IT experience.
- 4-5 years of Oracle Experience.
- Good understanding of database concepts.
- Must have worked with large sized databases in a business
critical environment for at least 3 years.
- Experience with a professional data modelling tool like Erwin.
- Unix experience and knowledge of basic Unix commands is required.
- Experience working in the Financial Industry, including Brokerage, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Trading Support, or Investment Services.
- Oracle SQL, PL-SQL, query tuning, data load performance improvement, database configuration in terms of indexing, partitioning, data modeling,
database administration skills to check rollback segment sp