Getting an Outreach Worker job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

How did you get your start doing Outreach Worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

cc in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

I dont know how do you do it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anna in Manchester, United Kingdom

63 months ago

hi

I volunteer for a childrens centre doing outreach work in the centre and the community and get a lot of free training advice and guidance and will be applying for the next role that comes available knowing that I now know my stuff maybe this is a route you could try

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bahl20@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing Outreach Worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I starting to want to make a difference in my community. I did not want to go out of my community. I looked at agencies in my community that offered jobs doing outreach. I wanted to first work with children and with families so I looked for those agencies that worked in this area in my community. I sought to be interviewed for some of the positions that those agencies were hiring for and I got hired as a health coordinator. Granted I had privious health background. But that should not stop you do you want to work with youth because you are good at it? Well then look for agencies that work in this area.
Always pick an area that you would like to work in.Afterall, you want to like what you are working in right? Outreach workers are also known as community health workers and as health workers and or promotores or promoters. Look for certification programs that may help you know more about becoming an outreach worker. Know tha that there are currently no certification requirements for an outreach worker in Chicago yet. The key is yet. Learn about the certification process at ChicagoCHWlocalnetwork@gmail.com
Blessings and good luck.
Laura

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Correction the e-mail for the Chicago Communtiy Health Workers Local Network were you can know more about the Core curriculum development in Chicago, Illinois USA IS : www.chw-promotores.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GreenGal in Colorado Springs, Colorado

58 months ago

Try the Sierra Club or click this link!
<a rel="nofollow" href="www.sierraclub.org">www.sierraclub.org</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GreenGal in Colorado Springs, Colorado

58 months ago

oops, i mean : www.sierraclub.org

58 months ago

bahl20@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois said: Correction the e-mail for the Chicago Communtiy Health Workers Local Network were you can know more about the Core curriculum development in Chicago, Illinois USA IS : www.chw-promotores.net

Thank you for the correction.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.