Getting an owner operator job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

How did you get your start doing owner operator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

alfoca in Stratford, New Jersey

89 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing owner operator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

1] I've truck for yrs. Got tired working for people and making them $. So I went on my own got two trucks {2005s KW ] and started calling for jobs. The only education you need is to know trucking. What to take & how much it pays. Keep away from container work {piers}it's junk pay & you fine out your in every hole in the wall jacking it in. Good luck.Al

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ljturner in Richmond, Virginia

89 months ago

Al Foca in Stratford, New Jersey said: 1] I've truck for yrs. Got tired working for people and making them $. So I went on my own got two trucks {2005s KW ] and started calling for jobs. The only education you need is to know trucking. What to take & how much it pays. Keep away from container work {piers}it's junk pay & you fine out your in every hole in the wall jacking it in. Good luck.Al

Al

What do you haul? I'm a new broker in VA looking for owner operator drivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Ljturner:
I haul all most any thing if the pay is right. Send E-Mail to wefour4@aol.com with
Phone # & will talk ok...Thank you
AL.

Bill in Norristown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Ljturner in Richmond, Virginia said: Al

Lj,
I might be able to help you out in regards to owner operators in the VA area. I work in finance and have plenty of my customers looking to put their trucks to work. Email me if you are still looking for drivers.... gacfair@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I called u yesterday. Left my number ? Now u sent me a E-Mail again
about if I'm looking for drivers.....LOL.? In my first post: U asked me what do I haul........? Whats up hello!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John in Summerville, South Carolina

82 months ago

I am looking for a dispatcher in Va Bch area. Please e-mail me
liontigeronca@yahoo.com

chadbryant in Orange, Texas

82 months ago

I am an owner/operator with my own authority who is in need of a job very bad! I am thinking of trying to start using brokers, but don't know what to look for in a broker to tell if there good people to deal with, or not. Anyone have any info on what to look for, or what is a good company to work for that hires drivers with there own authority?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MsQueen in Pine Bluff, Arkansas

82 months ago

Chad Bryant in Orange, Texas said: I am an owner/operator with my own authority who is in need of a job very bad! I am thinking of trying to start using brokers, but don't know what to look for in a broker to tell if there good people to deal with, or not. Anyone have any info on what to look for, or what is a good company to work for that hires drivers with there own authority?

contact me Chad and see what's up missmkenterprise@yahoo.com

Dave in Vero Beach, Florida

65 months ago

Chad Bryant in Orange, Texas said: I am an owner/operator with my own authority who is in need of a job very bad! I am thinking of trying to start using brokers, but don't know what to look for in a broker to tell if there good people to deal with, or not. Anyone have any info on what to look for, or what is a good company to work for that hires drivers with there own authority?

I use owners with their own authority. Contact me at dgeren@southernfulfillment.com for more information about this opportunity.

Dave in Vero Beach, Florida

65 months ago

Bill in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: Lj,
I might be able to help you out in regards to owner operators in the VA area. I work in finance and have plenty of my customers looking to put their trucks to work. Email me if you are still looking for drivers.... gacfair@gmail.com

Bill, I have a small TL company and I need owner operators right now. I'm looking for good MVR's and backgrounds and people with trucks who want miles. Contact me at dgeren@southernfulfullment.com for more information.

shine269 in Princeton, North Carolina

59 months ago

Dave in Vero Beach, Florida said: Bill, I have a small TL company and I need owner operators right now. I'm looking for good MVR's and backgrounds and people with trucks who want miles. Contact me at dgeren@southernfulfullment.com for more information.
hello my david i'm looking lease on my email dhh0211@yahoo.com i stay in wallace n.c

deidreswain in Millbrook, Alabama

59 months ago

I have a small trucking company and I am looking for owner operators right now. It doesn't matter where you are I can dispatch you from anywhere....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scoop in Charlottesville, Virginia

58 months ago

amiller in Columbus, Ohio said: We are currently hiring Owner Operators for a small family owned business located in Hilliard, OH and Orlando Fl. - I can dispatch an Owner Operator from anywhere - This company offers loads with $2.00/mile up to $6.00/mile - so it's top of the line pay - please if you have any suggestions or you are an Owner Operator looking for a job - please inquire to my email at amiller@navatransinc.com

I'm a owner operator in Va. Looking for a job do you what do you require?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelly.sheppard@*****.***

56 months ago

MsQueen in Pine Bluff, Arkansas said: contact me Chad and see what's up missmkenterprise@yahoo.com

Hi,My name Is Kelly. looking for a legitimate dispatcher? I am in S.E Texas. I have a 3500 and 40' float. looking to get my authority and going independent. cucrrently leased onto acme.Kelly.sheppard@ymail.com

cyaustin in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

Hi Kelly,

I am opening a new dispatching company and would love to have you as a driver, I can dispatch from any location please email me for additional information cyaustin@comcast.net.

ylliw in Little Rock, Arkansas

54 months ago

Deidre Swain in Millbrook, Alabama said: I have a small trucking company and I am looking for owner operators right now. It doesn't matter where you are I can dispatch you from anywhere....

Hi Deidre,iam a owner operator in ark ,also I have 6ys or move experience as a driver , my roblem is about 6mo ago I fail a random drug test for the 1st and last time , I have my Sap done ,so are you still interest? if so I will send you a personal email

JM Powered Logistics in Gainesville, Florida

54 months ago

There are plenty of brokers and dispatchers in the trucking industry today. But finding the one that’s the right fit for you is key. Try them on a trial basis to make sure it’s the right partnership for you. I have worked as both a broker, and now a dispatcher/driver recruiter and there are advantages to both depending on your current needs. To save yourself some time and headaches, make sure you do your research and make sure you are dealing with qualified transportation professionals. If they are providing dispatch services, make sure they are easily accessible, knowledgeable of DOT rules and regulations, deal with shippers with high credit ratings and of course have experience in the field. If they are providing broker services, make sure they have the same qualifications, as well as an acceptable credit rating and the ability to pay you in a timely manner. Most importantly, make sure they have all of the necessary licensing. All active brokers can be verified by looking them up at www.safersys.org.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FAK Logistics in South Bend, Indiana

51 months ago

I Have to agree with JM you have some very good points and I couldnt have said it better myself.

I am currenty in need of Owner Opps. Our company has been in business for 25years. Low Driver tuen over rate. Good Rates to the drivers And overall a good working inviornment.

Online Apps located at www.ratepermile.com Or you can contact me

TLG INTERSTATE TRUCKING in Virginia Beach, Virginia

49 months ago

What do you haul? I'm a new broker in VA looking for owner operator drivers .

I have 2 trucks if u have the right frieght 4 the right price me and my boy can move it email me @ tgthado@gmail.com

leviswan in Houston, Texas

5 months ago

Hello my name is Levi and I'm in Hempstead Texas and I'm looking for loads in the Texas area. I don't have the plates to go out of state. I have my own insurance and authority. Can somebody help me?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.