if i buy my own truck and dry van and get my own authority do i have to worry about background checks any more?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

nowayken918 in Eufaula, Oklahoma

55 months ago

i've been driving for two yrs now and the company i worked for laid off most of there drivers and i was one of them but with felonies on my record i can't find a job but i have money put back and wondered if i got my own authority would i run into the same problem! i'm a good person just made some bad choises in the past! but oh how the past haunt's you!! please help what should i do???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FRANKY in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE ANY PROBLEMS IF YOU GO ON UR OWN
AS AN OWNER OPERATOR,BUT TO MAKE SURE,TALK TO A BROKER ,THEY
COULD HELP U GET LOADS AND ALSO GIVE U THE BEST ANSWER TO UR
QUESTION,REMEMBER U ARE THE OWNER OF UR COMPANY IT SOULDNT
MATTER WHAT KIND OF RECORD U HAVE AS LONG U DONT GET POINTS
IN UR LICENSE THAT WILL HURT UR POCKET, HOPE THIS COULD HELP
GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nowayken918 in Eufaula, Oklahoma

55 months ago

thank you i'll do that!!

jwc

33 months ago

with felonies try www.www.1owneroperator.com
they list what each Co. will or won't take

moe in Riverside, California

32 months ago

I also have d.u.i. which i got on my motorcycle but they said the wait is three to 5 years. I can buy my own truck right know can you point me the right the right diraction i have 14years under my belt and not ready for carrier change at 47years old. Please help if you can. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

big dog in Tonkawa, Oklahoma

32 months ago

well not many companies will pay for the high risk insurance!! but if you have your own truck and insurance then no problem! i have found work in the oil field most don't care just need drivers

wendypett in Osceola, Iowa

29 months ago

nowayken918 in Eufaula, Oklahoma said: i've been driving for two yrs now and the company i worked for laid off most of there drivers and i was one of them but with felonies on my record i can't find a job but i have money put back and wondered if i got my own authority would i run into the same problem! i'm a good person just made some bad choises in the past! but oh how the past haunt's you!! please help what should i do???

being a owner op is harder than most think and more expensive as far as your record that won't be much of an issue maybe try smaller companies

big dog

29 months ago

thank you! i know it will be hard but i'll do what i have to do! and work it out as long as i can find loads :)

veteranfreight in Villa Rica, Georgia

29 months ago

big dog said: thank you! i know it will be hard but i'll do what i have to do! and work it out as long as i can find loads :)

We are a family and veteran owned broker/carrier. We are currently contracted for nationwide "hook and go" loads, no labor or trailer needed. We pride ourselves on integrity and offer above industry compensation. Contact us, we may be able to help.

veteranfreight@att.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

big popppa in Savannah, Georgia

5 months ago

I wonder if I venture into buying my own trailer to add to the truck I already have could I find work with a one DUI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.