PPH 5.0 Page spawning problems

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Murali in West Palm Beach, Florida

97 months ago

I have recently moved over some apps from a PHP 4.x installation to a PHP 5.0 installation. The php.ini file needed some changes which I have done and the applications ran well for a month, being served out of a Win 2K IIS Web Server.

Suddenly, a few days ago, on IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.2, when I type in the URL for an HTML page or a PHP page, instead of accessing the page from the webserver the File Save As or a Download Manager dialog is being displayed asking if the PHP script should be downloaded (!!!) The HTTP headers are not including the Content-Disposition for the script. And the file in the Cache is being displayed. Happens even after clearing the cache.

Any suggestions how to get this back to normal?

thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Austin, Texas

96 months ago

Murali,

If this problem is happening with plain text HTML files, it sounds like your problem is with your IIS configuration and not PHP. I'm not very familiar with IIS but in Apache there are some configurtaions you must put in place to tell the webserver to process the script appropriately.

LoadModule php5_module "c:/<your_path>/php5apache.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Also you say the cache is being displayed after you clear your cache. If you are correctly clearing your cache then this is not possible since by definition you would not longer have a cached copy to display. Maybe try clearing your cache files, closing all browser windows to make sure there's not a copy sticking around in memory, and then try again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.