The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about painter work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

painterslondon in London, Ontario

4 months ago

As a 4th generation painter in London Ontario Canada the most enjoyable part is watching a customer say wow this is amazing! The ability to allow someone to personalize their home by painting it to the colours that make it their own is the reward in it self.

Their is nothing I dislike about painting it is the expectations of people that disappoint me that some people still treat painters as below them and they should be underpaid.

To learn how to be a great painter tales dedication in learning ones skill with the brush roller or sprayer or any other tools that he may use. It is not about just applying something to a surface it is learning to apply it faster and better each and every moment.

Learning how to be a great painter can take years if you do not have some one that teach well or does not have the time or allow you the time to learn. I have always found that you have to allow some one to become good give them the time. As owner of Home Painters London I usually take their hand in mine literally and turn their hand to show them how to get the applicator to do what they want.

To advance in painting is all depending on the company your working for but for most companies you will soon be doing all the same tasks as everyone else. Also again depending on the company you work for is how or when they advance your wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.