painting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Rodney in Jacksonville, Florida

87 months ago

my wife and i had a painting buis in st augustine fl for 10 tears doing repaints we stayed booked 4 months in advance this whole time ! what happened i often wondered wher all the people and money was coming from sub prime lenders people were throwing money around now 10 12 07 everything has stopped cold no calls in 2 months we have a high reputation !! get ready this is just the beginning we have called all across the usa and if there is work they want you to work for wages because they cant get the money out of customers either time for a change !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Jacksonville, Florida

87 months ago

Hang in there is what they tell me Rodney. I know that's no consolation when the bills need to get paid, not to mention a blow to your ego,(not meaning that in a bad way, more like it's your quality of work that's kept you booked 4 months in advanced, and all the sudden, boom)!
I moved to St. Augustine the end of june and have not been able to find work a of yet. Even with my impresive resume and work history I can't seem to get things going for me.
So I spent the last month painting my new home which recieved excellent compliments from all those who addended our wedding and reception which we held at the house.
What brings me to my point, after doing such a good job of painting my new home I thought of going around the neighborhood and offering my services to brighten up all these bland interiors that K B Homes are building n the St. Augustine area.
In my development, houses are going up like crazy, and more are on the way.
If things don't break for you or me, let's paint this town red or green or whatever color they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

YOU CAN GO TO SHERWIN WILLIAMS ON U.S. 1 ACROSS FROM THE PONCE MALL AND ASK THEM ABOUT J. R. WILSON PAINTING. RODNEY AND ROMELL. WE HAVE MOVED A LOT OF PAINT FOR A TWO MAN CREW !! THERE IS NOT A HOUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN YET THAT WASN'T IN NEED OF SOME KIND OF REPAIR RIGHT AFTER PEOPLE GO TO CLOSING HERE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA !!
MOSTLY DRYWALL AND A GOOD PAINT JOB!! NOT JUST A PRIMER !!LOL IT WILL COME BACK IN THIS AREA , HOWEVER, UNLESS YOU WORK ILLEGALLY OR GET A JOB BEHIND THE GATES UNDER THE TABLE LIKE THEY ALL ARE DOING IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE ANY MONEY !!THE BIG COMPANY'S ARE LETTING THERE GUYS DO SIDEWORK JUST TO KEEP THERE NAME ABOVE WATER !! LOOK TOWARDS 2012 BEFORE IT REALLY COMES BACK BUT IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT !! MY WIFE AND I MADE MONEY AND SAVED IT !! I HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE IN THE 80'S BUT NOT THIS BAD ! WHAT WE ARE DOING IS CHOOSING TO GO TO A BIGGER CITY AND WORK BY THE HOUR AND HAVE MORE FUN AND LESS HEARTACHE !! LIFE IS SHORT MY FRIEND SO WE ARE GOING TO FT. LAUDERDALE. THERE ARE SO MANY CONDO'S ON A1A THAT ARE JUST GETTING TO THE FRAMING STAGE I'M CONFIDENT THAT I WILL HAVE PLENTY OF WORK ! 20 STORY'S. TAKES TIME !! JUST HAVE TO DODGE A FEW HURRICANES !! REALITY IS SETTLE IN SOMEWHERE BEFORE IT'S TO LATE ! UNLESS YOU HAVE ENOUPH CAPITOL TO START A GOOD SIZE BUIS HERE !! HOPE YOU MAKE IT AND GOOD LUCK ! FUN IS WAITING ON THE OTHER SIDE !!

robert in Jacksonville, Florida

87 months ago

Good luck in Ft. Laurderdale.

That's where we just moved from. Apx 10 miles from the beach due west on Commercial Blvd.

Too bad we didn't connect sooner, I could have let you use our condo which we still own. It just rented a week ago.

Such is life, again good luck in south flordia

87 months ago

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE SINCE WE NEED A PLACE TO RENT ! WHAT IS A GOOD AREA AND DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY WHO HAS ANYTHING TO RENT AND ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHO MIGHT BE A GOOD PAINT COMPANY TO WORK FOR ? THANX

20 years gone in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

I just left saint augustine after 20 years on the island..i was a painting contractor for 10 years and worked for two other large local companies right out of college. after the economic situation 07 to 09 i had to go thru a bankrupcy, short sold my home, my business went under, and had to sell everything i owned! i mean everything...i worked masonry for about a year then ended up on the back of a trash truck for the city of st. aug.bch. and destroyed my body. Had to mave back to pa for better work and rate of pay but i am going crazy being up here. good luck down there and dont sell your tools.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.